Imperial Guard Regiment creation thread

ATTENTION MAGGOTS! I am lord commander Gustaf Von Derkberg the III, but you will refer me as general, lord, sir or any combination of those titles!

When I look at you lot I feel shame, not for the Imperal Guard, but I feel the shame the God Emperor is feeling for having your sorry asses under HIS command!
So let's see who you lot really are!

>Regiment Classification d10

Rolled 10 (1d10)

Giving this a shot, rolling

Navy armsmen, not quite what I heard in my own breifing from high command, but I guess you'll do, now let me take a look a good look at you maggots
>Recruitment Criteria d100

I demand we have helmets with inbuilt mohawks, like the romans and greeks of yore.

Forgot the dice qoutes

Dice+1d100

Whoops, guess I'm still a newfag. Anyone care to point out the email field to me?

Rolled 36 (1d100)

Options, just below name

Rolled 51 (1d100)

Priesthood: They venerate the God-Emperor in his soldier's aspect.

Holy men I see, good then maybe the god Emperor might forgive you lot for your worthlesness

>Nature of Recruitment d10

Rolled 1 (1d10)

Punishment/Redemption/Recycling: Recruits are gathered from the dregs of society.

>Home World d100

thanks, maybe there's still hope for me

Rolled 47 (1d100)

Death World: For these people, life was a war before they could speak.

>Home World Predominant Terrain d100

I pictured IG units using modern tactics, or at least within the last century, instead of napoleon era musket formations.

Rolled 11 (1d100)

Jungle: Masters of stealth and inured to disease.

>Regiment Core Units (d100)

Okay so we got jungle hopping death worlder, criminal priesthood voidsmen. That's an exotic combo.

Rolled 62 (1d100)

Mechanized Infantry

>Specialization (d10)

Maybe the undergrowth of their homeworld's giant trees make them good at close combat in confined spaces? I could imagine Death Worlders living in tunnels and cavities carved out in the humus between Land Raider-sized roots.

Rolled 3 (1d10)

>Anyone care to point out the email field to me?
See, there's no reason why we should get rid of Nazimod's outdated sticky.

Stealth Warfare

>Loyalty Rating (d10)

Yet they're mechanized infantry.... Holy shit. Alien (the movie) autoloader piloting voidsman regiment.

Rolled 9 (1d10)

Unorthodox: Serve the Emperor in ways frowned upon by most in the Administratum.

>Special Equipment (d100)

Rolled 89 (1d100)

Come-on autoloaders...

Preferred Fighting Style

>Regiment Creed (d100)

Rolled 35 (1d100)

For The Homeworld: This regiment's mission is to demonstrate the skill and steel of the homeworld to the rest of the Imperium.

>Regiment Friends (d100)

Rolled 74 (1d100)

That depends on the enemy. Against other Humans they may use modern tactics, but most enemies need the utmost concentration of Firepower (and Bajonetts) that Guardsmen can muster. If any Guard officer were to send his men as Squads or even Fireteams, lets say 50-100 m from each other, against Greenskins, Tyranids, Space Marines, Eldar etc., then they would be overrun individually, he would lose the battle and probably be blammed.

Imperial Guard (of a specific world)

>Regiment enemies (d100)

Rolled 14 (1d100)

Orks

And that’s the entire table folks, now let’s fluff these guys out!

This is a challenge if anything.

What if an extremely deadly mist covers the entire surface of the planet. While the rich get to live in opulent mansions in the upper canopies high above the ground, most live in the root-slums beneath the surface. It’s from this group that the soldiers are conscripted.Years of living in cramped environments with low oxygen makes them great voidsmen.

Cool idea! What shall we call their homeworld and the Regiment?

>braxia
>the brave braxian blasters

I’m shit at names, but the homeworld could be called Venin 6, venin being French for venom (I got nothing for the regiment name). The reason for it being French is that I had this thought were their kinda flavored as New Orleans backwater folk, who speak this weird creole dialect that’s closer to Ork than Low Gothic.

They have this overarching philosophy that in order to kill somthing you gotta think like it, and to think like it you gotta talk and act like it (to a degree). So they end of using Ork-like tactics and even end up painting themselves purple, cuz that’s what the stealthy Orks do.

Orkifyed guardsmen! Where does them being a priesthood come in? Maybe there's a sort of pseudo-war religion that all the warriors of that planet adhere to? If it's not outright heretical. Maybe something voudoun like to go with the New Orleans feel? Everything they kill, they give a place in their pseudo-pantheon, as service spirits to be used to smite the enemies of the emperor?

And the barracks aboard the voidships they occupy basically become completely ridden with prayers and charms and crude idols. And the high speed intra-ship transport vehicles they use to get from one spot in the ship to another (for fightin') get their own little personalities and names, and basically house hold spirits, that may or may-not be the machine spirits, given other names. Basically how the A.I's in William Gibson's Sprawl trilogy adopt personalities from the voudoun pantheon cause they don't have personalities of their own? Of course we better hope to the emperor no inquisitor or grand magos takes a look at our merry band of quasi-heretics.

I like that idea of voudoun animism where literally everything has a spirit in some way or another, and through th use of rituals you can determine where the spirit goes after you destroy it.

Most of it goes back to the Emperor, but they’ll also take a bit for themselves to get stronger. Maybe in some ancient legend the Emperor gave them a huge chunk of his spirit, and their main goal is to pay back that debt.

As for names, how does the “Saints of Venin” sound?

The woods of Venin were a gift from the emperor. His pure and divine soul made them into the giants they are today. All life descends from the woods. Hence, all life descends from the emperor. We are all children of the emperor, children of the woods. So we return the life debt that the emperor paid to us, by leaving our homes. Leaving the woods. Leaving life. For the cold void. We are warriors of the emperor. We are the willing exiles of life. We are the Men of Venin, and we will fight to the last!

(For the official name, I think something like 'The 51st Veninian Voidcorp' of course nobody calls it that, but it's the official name.)