Infinity General: Skilled diplomat -edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where the missionaries of alien civilization have to be razor sharp in their job.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Catalog of fluff, dossiers, and unit models
human-sphere.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Rules wiki:
infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup:
mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO-Uv_G4cY91ZfMy3rWOKDQL1cl7YyYzf
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf5JWn6xciCkYcBaTLGs6_FmFiZtCk2zm
youtube.com/playlist?list=gL0RY70TH3C0mb1n3DaRmyToH44sUck

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ
pastebin.com/PJaETXMV

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>The RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

>released RPG books (+ a couple scans)
mega.nz/#F!8pRURayK!Kj16fd7nQhEcaId8hKD4oA

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

army.infinitythegame.com/index.html?l=EwBgjAPgzCIRBOApGKwkBYBsWkEIBWFYADiVIw3yrGAHZMpc8b7GR9aUoiKi8wxKhhBkBQzCGTjawkOgHIwGdBgRjguZcgIwkAATBaoyNf1Tdcajvv1A]
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for PanO

What's the best MI in game?

Newbie here, good way to progress from Red Veil Haqqislam?

Beyond Red veil.
Decide, whether you want to focus on vanilla or sectorials.

At what?

Killing things ded

idk Yaogats maybe?

What they have over Maakreps?

Explosive weapons and a better link team.

Well, Maakreps don't have links atm. That SS1 sure is attractive for solo operator.

Reverend Healer has to be a close 2nd. BSG+EXP CCW on a BS 13 CC 19 model? Yes please.

Rudy the intrudy with his rooty tooty shooty. Seriously, hmg giving you -12s is no joke.

She also costs as much as a teuton. Really fun in the power trio tho.

>She also costs as much as a teuton. Really fun in the power trio tho.
Yeah, sadly most Nomad MI are seriously overpriced, but I love the model and love the fluff. Not to mention those moments when your medic goes on a killing spree and wins you the game (had that happen during the Wotan campaign - Ariadna vet Kazak on Suppressive fire in the objective room. My Healer ran across the lane, dodging tank hunter fire, and burst in guns blazing, won the shoot out and won me the mission)

Theres some pretty wonky shit for MI pricing. Im convinced a solid amount are still N2, just look at the swc for prowler spitfire and wildcat hrl, sin eater hmg. They are getting HI swc tax for none of the benefits.

How to fix Teutonic and Santiago knights underperforming Veeky Forums?

Exactly, its daft. Then compare something like a Moiras HMG to something like the Riot Grrrl Spitfire which is just as well armoured, has an ablative wound and is faster, as well as having an MSVL1 and a better shot. Or a Mobile Brigada HMG, who is even tougher, faster and has better BS and CC.
The queen of these though has to be Kusanagi, who whilst great at BS 14 with V:NWI and EM grenades, costs more than most S3 HI.
Its bonkers to think that MI are reasonably priced at the moment, which really hurts MI reliant armies like Nomads.

Santiagos are mostly okay, just maybe a tad expensive.

Teutons, on the other hand...

If it's too expensive, then it's underperforming. Teutons would be great if they were 15 points each.

So would SWAST, but that would be stupid. Whilst Santiago's are a bit weak Teutons are the real problem.
Perhaps they should gain Hyper Dynamics and a CC buff?

Now you're just being silly.

CC is not and should never be the primary thing knights try to do.

No mention of the Knight of the Holy Sepulcre, aka "I'm just a Fusilier honest, m8."

Rhodok.

I envy people who can do accurate list point calculation and figure out exactly what you're hiding.

What are your opinions on having hacking devices accurately displayed on models?
Do you play with models without hacking visors as hackers?
Do you play with models with hacking visors as non-hacker profiles?

I ask because the upcoming Kanren model has made me unsure of which version I want to buy and use.

If there is no model for hacker (such as Father Knight), I allow myself to run regular profiles as hackers and vice versa.

It worth having a couple points under to throw then off. For example, the Swiss Guard is 12 points more expensive than the Holy Sepulcre. So if you have a Crusader Brethren or Cube Jäger in your list then that can throw them off. In fact, the classic "There's a 115 point gap in your, you must be running a cutter." can be flipped on it's head. A HMG Swiss Guard, Combi Hexas and a BSG Crusader Brethren cost 117. Don't seem like much, but until you reveal them, your opponent will most probably be hunting your non-existent Cutter.

With Holo2, being able to downgrade it to Holo1 can really make mathing out absences harder, because they're hiding in plain sight.

I still don't get how you're supposed to combine Holo 2 and Holo 1 and not look obvious.

"Sure, I've always deployed three fusiliers right next to each other, you just haven't noticed before."

>And then I'll put down Joan
>and Joan
>and Joan
>aaaaaand Joan

It just seems to fit the Teutons style really - run up and hit things.

You can imagine the look on your opponents face as he tries to figure out which ones the real Joan, which ones the Sepulchre Knight and which ones are the holo echoes.

>>downgrade to holo1

The big bad mini is going to disguise itself as one fusilier or wathever.

Put four Achilles in a link.

But there is an option to disguise as three separate fusiliers.

Yup, but on your active turn you have to place a holo marker beside them. Your opponent will realize that there's niggatry at work there.

Sometimes it's best to not raise any suspicions and spring a trap on someone.

Okay, but hear me out, Sepulchres are AVA 4 , right? 13 Joans.

Give tuetons 6-2 movement. Maybe 6-4. Fuckers are ANGRY. And they are easily the most dangerous cc knight already. A cheaper boarding shotgun profile would feel fluffy but really they just dont exist in a faction that appreciates their anger.
Berserk plus exp ccw is scary.
Vanilla solo hospitaler is comparable to exp ccw teuton.
Tueton is on the cusp of being decent. Magister knights being a cheaper panzerfaust burts him.

You sir, give me an idea.
Although I think my club would bar me after pulling that stunt.

>Santiago
Do exactly what HSN3 did. They're solid now.
Actually, wait. Make them AVA2 in vanilla.

>Teuton
Dogged
Profile with twin light shotties or assault pistols
Light flamethrower on every profile
Linkable with Magisters in the same vein as Hospitallers and Santiagos

I think they should have NWI and EXP CC weaps on each profile.

Dogged is more fitting imo, it carries implications of crazed adrenalin rather than NWI's cyborg toughness, and encourages more reckless play (and makes the lack of a cube a non-issue)

Either way though, the Magister linking is the most important thing. Montesas and Sepulchres have their reasons, but Teutons have no excuse. Even if they get tougher and better at short range, they still won't be able to truly compete with the other two 'main' orders without that link.

I can't figure out which model is worse. Keisotsu or malignos

Keisotsu. Orange pajamas are a strength.

Keisotsu 100%. Malignos are fine.

I agree very much so.
I still think 6-2 movement plus dogged would be baller as fuck, but perhaps too much so. Dogged alone would fix the problem really.

Giving remotes a shot for the first time tomorrow. Remotes, and my new Yan Huo. Me and my opponent haven't agreed on a mission, but we don't really play ITS so thats alright. I'm sorta tempted to cut the second group entirely, but I don't really want to run without Shaolin to support Hsien. I'd originally had the second group just contain 3 monks but decided a regular order in the second group would be more worthwhile than a second or third monk. Also those dicks slow the game down.

GROUP 1 10 / 1
HSIEN HMG, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 61)
YĀN HUǑ 2 Missile Launchers + TinBot C (Neurocinetics) / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 56)
ZÚYǑNG Lieutenant (AutomediKit) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1 | 39)
ZÚYǑNG MULTI Rifle / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 31)
NINJA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Tactical Bow / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)
ZHANSHI (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
ZHANSHI Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
ARAGOTO Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)

GROUP 21
WÈIBĪNG Yaókòng Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
SHAOLIN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 5)

5 SWC | 300 Points

[url=army.infinitythegame.com/index.html?l=EwBgjAPgzCIRBOApGKwkBYBsWkEIBWFYADiVIw3yrGAHZMpc8b7GR9aUoiKi8wxKhhBkBQzCGTjawkOgHIwGdBgRjguZcgIwkAATBaoyNf1Tdcajvv1A]

Christ, wgc is full of sensitive cunts

Huh? What happened?

Not much to be honest. A few faggots got butthurt over a "deus vult" post. But it was enough to wailing and gnashing of teeth for the post to be deleted

I think it was because of the source, not the content. "Deus Vult" is a unit motto for the KotHS, and would be in character for MO in particular, but posting links from a hate group is what annoyed Joel, I know.

It was a direct link to a hate group. Which is a fair point to not make, considering that some of those groups use 'Deus Vult' in the exact same context that some other groups use 'Allah Ackbar'.

so, what is the burst on the kotail with 2 combis? I am unclear on how the x2 weapons work.

2 weapons work like 1 weap except +1 burst (during active turn or when using Neurocinetics or Total Reaction only).

3 base + 1 for second combi. all right and it can go into suppression I'm assuming with just b3?

You've got the right of it.

thanks for the info and nice quads

I need somebody to tell me if this list is dogshit or not before I buy an excessive amount of zombie political dissidents
EwBmB8GYRcBUCWBDAdqgtgUxQAgMoCOArkgE6Y4CSKALpqSpjTgCKYBm2AzhQGID2pAMaZwARgCkYgOyQJAVgCcAFgkBCMSCkAOYBIBsyrRq1jdBo+s069h49bO3LJmxfunzdqx6fvXXtWkpaUUDaAkAAX1g7QlgbUggtWiZWPjE9RTpWP1gPWSYgzFQtT0ZVX0wK2C5JXl1ORl6+OB60vrioP1pVQiIoA==

List is gonna have a hard time dealing with a lot of tough units. I could see a Gecko duo giving it trouble... you're lacking armor-piercing fire. What mission are you planning on playing it into?

honestly I didn't have a specific mission in mind, I was just trying to come up with a general list to start from
what would you recommend for more anti-armor?

I think in order to fit that in you'd have to redesign the list.

One of the things in Infinity is that you don't really just make "lists." You make lists for scenario X, or a list for an upcoming tournament where scenarios A, B, and C will be played.

That said buying your 8 Kuang Shi (or whatever the FA is) will come in handy in some scenarios, I'm sure.

>Benevolent AI makes Biomechanical cyborg clones of history's greatest warriors.
>One of them is Achilles
>Achilles' greatest murder-spree was spurned on by his lover, Patrochlus, dying.
>AI makes cyborg clone Patrochlus.
>Tearful reunion ensues.

Feels good, man.

use this instead. it has better range and more flexible. no need to msv with all the chain rifles

EwBmB8GYRcHcAWBDALgAgLYEsDOOsD2AdgPzgAcApAIzkiUBskklAhNTQOwsCsAnABY21erWCMB9dqPLiGk4TLkLpNWRKki1yzUo2Lt+1WP0ABai1o9GPTV159r7Tmr42hz1++EM1VBjws7EK0vgEcrMAc1HwsAVTs9pT8vqxutBzQAlSmpkA===

I wish usarf wasn't just grunts/fox trots.

Alright thanks for the advice dudes

Have you tried running the Marauder fireteam? It's super fun. In some missions they can start 20" in!

I haven't, maybe that's my problem. I've been trying to make minutemen work so hard. They just aren't good. 1 wound Heavy infantry is horrible.

Minutemen are good in some scenarios but I like Marauders better for the most part.

To elaborate a bit I think with the AP HMG, missile launcher, and AP Rifle minutemen are better at cracking hard targets but Marauders are more versatile most of the time.

Don't think of them as HI, because they're not really. Their biggest strength is their weaponry, with the widespread DTWs (burst 3 with those things is just silly), brutal linked ML, AP HMG, and even some decent spec fire.

Personally I prefer Marauders in most situations and that seems to be the general consensus, but Minutemen are a decent enough premium LI link. The one Minuteman I will wholeheartedly recommend is the solo AP rifle one. That shock+AP x visor suppressive fire is downright silly, and the burst 2 templates are a nice touch as well.

I've been running them in a 5 man link. and they just don't compare to links like riot girls or wuming who are roughly the same point cost.

Riot Grrls are undercosted/broken, so that's no surprise.

>roughly the same point cost
They really aren't. The average Minuteman link is about 15-30 points cheaper than a Riot Grrl link unless you pack the RG with nothing but filler. Wu Ming even moreso, you have to spam CR+SMG profiles if you want to even approach Minuteman prices.

And those are among the most undercosted and top tier HI links around, of course these so-so dudes aren't going to measure up. Riot Grrls have the frenzy discount, which is literally just free points when you link them.

Hey boys got 2nd in a 200 point tourney yesterday. Check out my loot.

My list.

What were the missions and who were your MVPs? Did McMurder murder? How do you like Caledonia? I've never played against them before.

When I look at that I think I would have stopped at 2 irregular orders. How did that work out for you?

Also what mission were you playing that you wanted that Wardriver?

>take picture of minis, and find awful brushstrokes when you zoom in
Feels like shit. Anyways anyone working on minis? Took a break from HB to paint Joan. Still can't decide on scheme for Ayyars, so I painted a Tech-Bee. Seems a bit rough in some areas, so I may do some touch up work later.

Nice job, yo!

Prob better than my shit so w/e. Part of the reason I play CA is I think nonhumans are easy to paint.

I'm terrified of derping up my USAriadna when I get to them.

Thank you, how do you paint your skin?

I'll probably work Guijia and/or Lizard pilot next until I figure something out for the ayyars.

You put her in a g-string you madman...

Mickey Murder died very quick each time.
My MVP's Were the cataran with over 10 kills.
The scotsguard missle launcher also with over 10 kills.
The missions were, Firefight, quadrant control, and sabotage and i forgot what the other word was haha.I took the wardriver cause sadly she has the normal hacking and isobel dont. I really wanted to hack a tag but no one in the whole tourny was paying one.

They're static models, but if you paint them uniformly, they'll look very nice.

I used VMC Cork Brown with a hint of Cavalry Brown. They add Basic Skintone as I highlight up.

Well, I dont call her a thongineer for nothing

See I keep hearing about the Vellijo colors but I just cannot get my girls to look good with the GW paint collection I have.

I really hope they give a update for the first faction for the RPG soon.

>for the first faction book

>To help us on this task we’ve recruited Ian Wood who will be known to many of you in the community
Is Ian Wood a Warcor or just a fluff guru?

Those are some /k/ approved patches. Good show!

He's a warcor and a rules guru, dunno about fluff.

He's apparently helping with the "conforming to canon" stuff so Gutier doesn't have to slap them about too much.

Considering they're already the kind of guys who use the "latinx" terminology I'm surprised they haven't edited the setting to be more SJW-friendly wholesale.

Modiphius or CB? Modi can't do anything CB won't sign off on.

Modi.

I just finished up some Haqqislam stuff I was working on.

Well, they've got to get literally everything signed off on by Gutier and whoever else works in the CB fluff department, so they can't edit the setting. Considering that they did something very similar with the Conan game (getting the Conan Institute or whatever the lore guardians for it are called to sign off on the stuff they do), it seems likely that they actually have respect for the IPs they work with.

Latinx isn't really that ridiculous,
you've got a couple of gendered words that only differ by the last letter, so you replace it with the standard wildcard letter and create a neuter version. I'm not a professional Mexican, but I don't think Spanish has a "they (third-person neuter human pronoun)" equivalent.

That's because when it's unknown or includes a mixed group, the masculine is used. So it would just be "Latino."

I love you Cateran T-2 Sniper, you're the best

I say just call them all Latinos. Gendered categories like that are completely unnecessary and dumb as shit, it's one of the few things English gets right.