Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1933: Gigantic Asses Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fp2PYHd73NU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What do your eye beams look like, /jc/?

It seems that in SDS the Commandments are fragments of the Demon King's power, and you can collect them by killing their users. If you take the ten of them at the same time, you can get a power equal to the Demon's King.

They're invisible. So it looks like I just glare people to death.

Invisible. Attacks that can be seen, and therefore dodged, are a chump tactic.

What's your personal summing circle?

Why is it dumb?

Where do I go to get the best ass?

NieR Automata

>Not having two sets Omega Beams, one visible and loud and one invisible

They're completely invisible, of course. If somebody can see magic/spiritual stuff, however, then they'll see four beams from each eye, colored purple, red, black and blue, twisting around each other in a quadruple helix.

Have you no sense of style? Dramatic flair? Presentation?

Overwatch

Summing circles are archaic relics of numeromancy, any math wizard worth his salt can either do it in his head or have a magitech calculator to do it for him.

My eye beams are a brilliant viridian... But the visible beam occurs a quarter second after the beam that has an effect hits. So if you're relying on sight, you've already been hit before you saw it.

Which ones? Best to keep a range of options. Invisible for suprise or to "glare people to death", and then nice bright and showy ones for the intimidation value. (Even better is using shapeshifting for beholder-like eyestalks so you get the beam spam effect or multi-targeting.)

On a different note, I've finally gotten around to Worm (jump 96) and am wondering what's the easiest way you guys have figured out for killing an Endbringer. (Other than just grabbing one and flying/portaling out of range of their shard - the Andromeda galaxy does nicely)

Same way you deal with everything in Worm: Dimesional Anchor + Magic Must Defeat magic

Any magic that doesn't work by biggatons.

Presentation!

Jumper is going to have Mystic Eyes of Fire when he eventually hits Fate/Stay Night. So I imagine they'll look like explosions.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fp2PYHd73NU

What are some good ideas for drawbacks with kryptonite-like substances that are easily avoidable/neutralizable?

Is Val still doing Grey Knights?

Spilt milk

Why bother with that? To confuse my enemy into thinking my attacks can be dodged, and then surprise them? No, screw that. If I want them to be surprised I'll just hit them with an attack they can't dodge in the first place. I'm not going to waste time setting up contrived double-bluffs before killing them. That sort of theatrics is exactly the sort of thing I'm trying to avoid.

Val is doing lots of things. So maybe.

Give Lilly a rapid-fire shotgun and a teleportation belt.

But if you've got that much power, why end things so quick all the time?

Given how much of an inspiration Aku is for me, it's no wonder my eye beams take after his!

It looks something like a snowflake mixed with a pentagon.

>easiest way you guys have figured out for killing an Endbringer.
Banefire should work. Or Exalted attacks that bypass defense. Or a Disintegrate spell.
Or really any attack that bypasses defenses.
Endbringers rely completely on being bullshit dense to protect their cores. Any attack that doesn't care about density goes right through.

The trick is defeating them without being killed, since there's a lot of them we don't get to see in canon and some of the parahumans have powers that require exotic defenses to protect against you can probably count on later Endbringers getting the same just on a bigger scale.
You know, time fuckery, spatial warping, biological attacks, who knows what else.

Senran Kagura

Stop time with just the two of us aware and talk it to death, like just talk. For hundreds of millions of years. I am an old old jumper, a couple million years of my life story can be spun out a very long way, I also got perfect memory jump 1. Imagine how fucking annoying that would be. Telling the endvringer every bread I ate, every bathroom break I took, ever single thing in perfect detail.

If it has a mind Im sure I can break it eventually.

Convince Scion to destroy them and then kill himself in the least destructive way possible, so he can go be with his waifu in the afterlife.
I mean, you have to convince him that the afterlife exists, but with some OOC magic/spirit stuff it should be feasible.

I doubt you'll break its mind, but it'll probably run out of power after a while.

Edd and Kevin actually get along really well on their own. We get to see that when he's not around Eddy and Ed, most of the other kids like Double D. Kevin in particular asks him to help with his bike, greets him normally, still gives him shit while he's told the other two to fuck off, and other things like that.

That doesn't mean they want to fuck, of fucking course. Just that the only thing stopping them from being friends is that Edd is loyal to the other two.

And how much powder is that?

About 3 sugar packets

When do we get a Cosmic Era jump so I can punch Kira in the face?

Years ago. It's just not in the Gundam folder for some reason, it's under M for Mobile Suit Gundam SEED. That's probably why you haven't seen it. It's...not that great a jump, to be honest. Pretty bare-bones in a lot of places, a lot of perks don't make sense unless you're taking the origin they're discounted to (which are all faction-based instead of character concepts and letting us pick our own allegience), and it's just badly formatted all around. The jump maker even copy-pasted some of my suggestions for it directly into the document, didn't bother fleshing out the simple suggestions or editing the more complex ones to fit the style of the rest of the jump.

I never understood the ship section, it has always bugged me.

Man, I can't stop watching Kitchen Nightmares. These people are all so terrible. If we ever get a jump for that, there should definitely be a microwave drawback.

And a kilo of novacoke from Aberrant.

>only punching Kira

>Not getting Best Girl Cagalli

Nah, I get it. You punch Kira. You kill other people.

Or at the least making sure she hooks up with someone other than Athrun.

Is he that bad?

Athrun isn't the worst person in SEED, though that's admittedly damning with faint praise. Mostly he's just kind of wishy-washy and bad at committing to anything. Ideologically, I mean, he puts in effort but is easily swayed by emotion and therefore winds up switching causes a lot. He's not a bad guy, he's just a terrible romantic partner. You can rely on him to do what he thinks is right, but you can't rely on him to stick around.

What's your favorite thing to eat and way to eat it?

I think you know.

It's steak. I like to lap up the juices

Honestly the thing holding them back is Eddy. Nobody is really friends with Ed, but nobody really shits on him either except for his sister, who is a completely psycho bitch.
It's Eddy who's always looking for an angle, always trying to rip people off, and everyone hates him for it.

Ed is too stupid and passive to really be a threat, and he'll happily follow anyone who spends any time with him. Edd is a doormat and easily bullied into doing things. The two of them are so different that they probably wouldn't hang out if it weren't for Eddy.
Eddy's the leader, the one with the most forceful personality, and he's both the reason for their unpopularity and the glue that holds them together. The cheap dime store glue.

There's also the fact that Ed is a future neckbeard, but yeah. Eddy a shit.

I think that was the point of the movie, which resolved a lot of that.

How long does it take to fully subsume a fragment in D.Y.N. Freaks? Assume Yog-Sothoth tier.

...shit, this actually reminds me of a bunch of guys at my old highschool. Except the "Eddy" in the equation was so insufferably he was the social outcast of the group.

Years if you don’t train and stretch its limit. A year if you do.

I present the Greek pantheon with irrevocable proof of how Jumpers work.
I offer them to rule alongside me when I gain the planeswalker spark as long as they protect my son whilst he lives within the Greek myth setting.
I threaten to destroy them if they do not.
I time this meeting so my jump ends the moment my speech does, preventing retaliation for my threats.

What are the chances of them going along with this deal? Keep in mind I don't yet have the power to directly threaten them.

Would Kitchen Nightmares be a Jump or a Gauntlet?

Doesn't time stop in settings when you leave them? Don't see how that'd work.

Time stops in the settings once you leave senpai.

Is that all? I thought it would take like a couple hundred years at minimum. Might go drop in and grab Al and a fragment so that she can help ease me into it.

It'd probably work best as a gauntlet. Though a jump would be fun as well, if the restraurant and challenge scaled to your overall powerlevel. A sufficiently strong Jumper would end up needing to fix a high-end xianxia restaurant for example.

Mah satan.
Forcewalls are for losers who are having fun in a way that I do not see the appeal of.

Why would you even want your son to live among them? Sounds like a good way for him to become a douchebag.

To be fair the Greek gods are sort of anal about sacred hospitality. Might be because Kronus tried to eat them all as kids, but if you're not in the crosshairs of one of their vendettas they try not to fuck with that tradition.

I agree with this guy. There are like 2 being in Greek myth of trust with my kid. One is Prometheus the other is Gaea.

Newby here, what're some good jumps for conceptual attacks/defenses?

Is there any upper limit to the powercreep from I Wanna Be The Strongest Hero?

Mondaiji and Fate are the two settings that come to mind.

Yeah, that's the problem. They'll treat him kindly, he'll internalize their attitudes, and then you come back and find your son's an asshole

HeroBBS' meet-ups imply time has passed for what it's worth, so I dunno how that works with the rules.
Also I'm working off the assumption that I might die in a jump, and break the chain. It's basically a huge bluff in case I leave my son stranded and can't come back for him.
All the gods would need to do would be to shift his fate so he cannot die by anything but time, and then they could forget about him.

He's got high hopes for revolutionizing the Greek world, which is why I want to cut off any divine interference quickly. He's also pretty into the whole Kleos-warrior thing.

Fate has fucking terrible conceptual attacks and defenses, they never work right. If something that's supposedly unbeatable is introduced in Fate, it's just so that someone can beat it and make the narrative grind to a halt as everyone stands around going "but that's impossible!" for a dozen pages.

Avalon is the sole exception to this rule, and is therefore the only item worth getting.

eh, either way, thats still the only other setting I know about that with stuff like that. I have no knowledge of Exalted, so refrained from mentioning it, but people seem to consider that also a setting with that kind of stuff?

I was promised great asses. I have found no great asses in the thread. This is unacceptable.

I'm not saying people who buy and use forcewall are playing it wrong. I'm saying they have more power-fantasy in their make-believe wish fulfillment fantasies than I find tasteful.
I prefer autistically simulating the difficulties that force my jumper to deal with problems, some of which he can't just fiat away.

Exalted is a strange place where the fluff is both real and false at the same time. It's like Schrödinger's cat. Except it's Schrödinger's table top game.

I point you again to the picture I posted because obviously you did not take the point the first time.

I was about to say Heracles turned out alright, but then I realised Heracles spent most of his life growing up away from them so I suppose that just proves your point. And then there's Adonis, who just gows to show how easy it is to get swept up in the drama.

>it's schrodinger's tabletop game

This is the best description of Exalted I've ever heard yet. Like all animals knowing actual martial arts, or the Mask of Winters being unable to read.

It's not. Exalted is even worse at conceptual shit than Fate, and also it's a terrible setting you should never go to for any reason.

But user, I want my solar and lunar daughters.

You know your children count as companions for free, right?

And I want my Infernal waifus, so there.

And now you shall

Musical performance and ASSES are a great way to spice up any chain!

>Heracles turned out alright
He murdered his wife in kids while having a hissy-fit.

Yup. He's my companion from Generic Parenting. I've been offloading my children into various worlds which suit them so I can shrink my companion list whilst spreading my influence across the multiverse.

Thank you, user. This is what the thread needs more of.

It's an ass, but it's not a great ass.

Due to a curse from Hera. Doesn't count as his fault.

That sounds kind of dickish, honestly.

The idea is that they want to settle down/have independence, which they can't really get whilst following me around.

I'm honestly surprised we've only had the 'good' kind of asses so far. I was expecting pics of idiots etc

What can a receptarier in this battle through the heavens setting actually do?

>dat jiggle