/swg/ - /u/ in Space Edition

Last Thread: Post about FFG, WEG D6, Saga/d20, Lego, X-wing, Armada, Legion, and anything else SW Related

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ SW RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other FFG SW Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the SW RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older SW Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>Someone reported the Mega, it's gone now, RIP.

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/12/11/governor-pryce/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can someone help me figure out some stuff for an X-wing game? Trying again for advice

I'm flying

2x Crack+HLC Rhos
VI Standard Vader

I'm wondering if I get into a r2-3 engage with Lowhrick (Draw Their Fire), Standard missile+TLT+Bomblet Miranda, and Biggs, who I should go for first.

I know conventional wisdom would be to go for Miranda, as if I can drop her, the game is over (Biggs and Lowhrick can't beat vader, and those gunboats can outmaneuver both)

The issue is that 9 health, Lowhrick's evade, and Draw Their Fire mean she will probably survive

Even then, say Vader pulls a HHC attack on his first shot, which is only a 56% chance (37% chance of 2 damage results. If miranda blanks, that's only 1 damage after Lowhrick and DTF.

This specific scenario is a 35% chance.

Then I would need to get the 77.24% chance both times of 4 with HLC and not get any crits. (crack shot negates her 1 dice)- That's only a 20% chance of this exchange occuring, and that's assuming HLC means no crits.

More likely, my expected damage outputs are

1.148 from Vader
3.54x2 from each Gunboat (I can get crits, although unlikely)

(Bonus 1.44 missing DTF shields onto Lowhrick)

Negative 1 damage from Lowhrick (unless he fucks up badly and spends it on a Gunboat when miranda didn't get a natural evade).

That's a typical result of 7 damage, which means that Miranda is still unfortunately alive and will probably have 4 health by the time the gunboats can shoot her again (biggs next round, etc) Hell, if vader did damage, she could TLT and Regen instead of missile-firing. On the other hand, if she is a retard and pumps the missile, I could very likely kill her that round.

The next option is going after Lowhrick, but I'm unsure if killing him is a good idea- Miranda could be a serious problem for Vader in a 1v1, and I'm not sure I could win that. On the other hand, if I can drop Lowhrick, my gunboats can 2-round her fairly easily.

cont.-

Going after Biggs first seems like a trap- He can't really do that much to me, and due to R4-D6, my Gunboats are kinda "meh" at killing him. Do I go fuck him up if he has R2-D6 and Selflessness though?(Mathematically, he dies super-fucking hard, taking more than 7 damage on average in 1 round)

I'm thinking that I should take my initial TL's on Miranda, and if an opportunity presents itself to kill something else, go shoot stuff with the Linked rerolls?

Or do I TL Biggs/low with my Long Range Scanners and pretend to not understand how Fat Miranda works and hope they fall for it (and I shoot Miranda anyways) ?

Hell, assuming that I do do a typical exchange, and I end up with a low-health gunboat, a fresh Gunboat, and Vader vs a missing-a-shield Low, a full health Biggs and a 2 health Miranda that already spent the missile at R3-2 of each other, what the fuck do I do the next round? 3 bank SLAM and then leave, trying to turn around (since Miranda can't regen unless she can shoot) and then take cannon shots while trailing at r3?

1-forwarding seems like a bad idea since they can and will pop biggs at the first opportunity.

Am I thinking about this wrong? Do I swtich to VI Quickdraw for a better matchup against 100-point-Miranda, but a worse matchup against Kylo?

Any advice would be nice, the last thread flooded out any possibility of x-wing tactics discussion

I just picked up Imperial Vets and a Gunboat to revive my old Wave 1-8 Imp collection.

How's the meta looking these days? Is Vader-Rho-Ryad viable?

Probably? I run vader at 34-40, Ryad at 36, but Gunboat can vary wildly in points depending on how you build them.

Look at the post above yours- It's talking about how even through rebel-hug lists, a pair of Gunboats can hit so hard that they almost wipe out Miranda in 1 round.

Has anyone done any work on Scum or Imperial campaigns along similar lines to Heroes of the Aturi Cluster?

There's Defenders of the Empire made by the same people that did HotAC I believe. It somewhat adapts the TIE Fighter video game.
IIRC the biggest difference is that you're assigned ships rather than choosing them. You get to customize the upgrades, however

7th? 8th? For Governor Pryce / Wave Heaven:

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/12/11/governor-pryce/

Would this be broken if the counter wasn't public information?

Probably

It'd approach broken just by removing the "must" for "may", more than likely.

BT Avenger doesn't need a guaranteed *and* unpredictable last/first for 7 points.

>tfw you remember half of the Thrawn novel was about Pryce
>Tfw you realize Zahn made her into a deeper and more engaging character
>tfw you like Pryce a lot more now as a character, despite all the bad stuff she did
>also tfw Tua did nothing wrong

Regarding TLJ spoilers
If the fucking Pawn leaks are true, I swear to fucking god Disney is dead to me

They aren't

So rebels are gonna get a reveal eventually right? i'd really like to know anything besides Raddus at this point.

>Tua did nothing wrong
She was a coward that jumped ship at the first second she realized 'oh shit the empire's actually kinda fucking terrible' without any planning or foresight.
Nice hat though.

if Luke dies without restoring the Jedi I'll fucking riot, and by that I mean I'll just stew, shitpost, and reread the old EU

What kind of shitposting?

Disney Wars is shit/Old EU is better REEEEE normal boring shitposting

probably in those dumb /co/uck threads

Look at the bright side, Episode VII will not be the worst part of the series anymore.

It's just that we had two World Champ cards and they both designed cards for the Empire.

damn, I thought it would be Impfag stuff or mindbroken Kaine is a better warlord than Zsinj discuss level shitposting

I can only hope Disney Wars goes down in flames eventually,

I mean it always was going too once yearly movie fatigue set in but damn can they just be recognized as shit early enough?

the Impfag shitposting is the worst to me, there's nothing wrong with liking the Empire and its aesthetics. But to knowingly sit in a dumb bubble and scream LEGITIMATE TARGET FOR THE DEATH STAR is beyond anything else.

Is it me, or is this card bad?

There are so many ways that this could have been good- Token is hidden, a "May" being slapped in there... Oh well.

At least Thrawn seems good.

>yearly movie fatigue set in
Mahvel still isn't dead (as much as I'd like it to be) with multiple movies a year, stop exaggerating.
Also Johnson's been signed on to do THREE more fucking movies, which tells me he's either A), made a genuinely quality product, or B), is even more of a sheep that'll do what LFL and the mouse wants than even JJ.
Neither of these point in the 'made Luke a shitter' direction personally, but who knows, I could be completely wrong.

It's not great. The idea is nice, but that "Must" condition. The Telegraphing. The 7 Points, that it costs an already pretty crowded officer slot and that you can't by design put it on Demolisher.
Ugh.

Thrawn is pretty good. But it's a weird world we live in when Jerjerijodd is probably one of the best admirals the Imperials have in Armada.

>LEGITIMATE TARGET FOR THE DEATH STAR
When Alderaan got the call their princess was killed in an 'accident' they should have just
Bailed out.

In her defense, a lot of Imperial defectors tend to be piss-poor planners. Hell, Tycho basically jumped ship and ran for the nearest neutral world (a world that happened to be the former site of a Rebel base abandoned just a few months ago). If it hadn't been for Luke and Sarkli, he'd pretty much be fucked.

>Mahvel still isn't dead
Capcom sure seems to be trying its damnedest, though.

To be fair I imagine a hot shit fighter pilot can probably jump ship a lot easier than a middle-tier bureaucrat.
Also using whatever deep dark secret she had as a bargaining chip rather than telling the rebellion outright fucked them up too.

Alderaan was fostering rebellion and taking part in military espionage against the ruling authority. Total obliteration is a completely reasonable and legitimate response.

Notto Dissu Shitto Again

when Jerjerodd said he was gonna redouble his efforts, he meant it.

wew

Would Jerjerodd, Piett, and Veers on ground strategery be the ultimate team?

they had to stop the threat

Two super lasers in the poles, one in the core.

Add in Tagge for logistical support and I'd believe so.

There is zero (0) proof in the film that Tarkin fired because of Rebel dissidence.
There is zero (0) proof period that even if there was rebel dissidence, that was the primary reason he fired or even an afterthought.
Literally wiping North Carolina off the face of the earth to fuck with a seditious politician and then going 'oh well there were terrorists there' after the fact does not in any way make it right, logical, or a reasonable expression of force

>JJ best imperial commander in armada
>Tagge worst imperial commander in armada

Actually, fuck it.
Instead of another round of Tarkin Did Nothing Wrong, post ultimate tactical/strategic power teams from whatever faction and timeline you want.
Shit cross eras and factions together I don't give a shit, gimme that Imp Capital Doctrine and Johnny Reb Fighter Doctrine having sweet sweet hatesex.

>implying it is not also completely right, logical and reasonable to wipe north carolina off of the map

Killing your own citizens for no good reason is generally a retarded move, yes, no matter how much you want to shitpost about states.
Would you prefer I name another target, a political line-acceptable target?

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU RETARDS.

WE HAD A GOOD THING GOING FOR LIKE 20 POSTS TALKING ABOUT X-WING AND ARMADA.

THIS SHIT HAPPENS EVERY FUCKING THREAD AND IT'S BORING AS SHIT.

THE RESPONSE TO BOTH OF YOUR ARGUMENTS IS "STAR WARS WAS CREATED TO SELL MERCHANDISE, THE PLOT IS CONTRADICTORY AND CHANGES DEPENDING ON WHO WROTE IT"

TALK ABOUT TABLE TOP GAMES

I have some questions about Armada and IA if people are done having the same retarded bitchfight again.

Tagge just needs a decent upgrade or two that lets you discard defense tokens and he'll be extremely powerful. If the imps had Admonition he'd be a terror on it.

Honestly? First thing that comes to mind is Yuuzhan Vong and Tarkin. Tarkin believed whole heartedly in his doctrine and if he could help guide the Vong into inflicting even more terror than they did naturally I doubt the Vong would have lost that war.

Alternately, Vader as a squadron leader with Ackbar as a fleet admiral would be a damn dangerous team up. Ackbar can get really frisky with his vessels, and having one of if not the best pilot in the galaxy guiding your squadron groups would be such a force multiplier I doubt anyone could compete.

I would but it's too remote to make an effective demonstration.

fuck, thread is going to shit. Post starfighters you'd like to fly... or enemy aces you'd like to shoot down. EU, Canon, Concept art, fan art all welcome

>pic related is chubby Naboo I'd like to roger roger

>not just posting whatever you want and ignoring things that make your anus pucker
Post the fucking questions regardless of 'weh people are posting things I don't like' you fucking baby.

What do you have against Alaska/Hawaii

>Tagge just needs a decent upgrade or two that lets you discard defense tokens and he'll be extremely powerful. If the imps had Admonition he'd be a terror on it.

Walex exists, and he's 5 points instead of 24 and doesn't deprive you of a better commander.

And HE is rarely taken on Admo.

>targeting civilians in war
>targeting your own citizens in war
>what is proportionality

TIE Defenders in either canon are beautiful little numbers. Also partial to A-Wings and regular N1s.

Even if Alderaan was legit an Imp-loathing hotbed of rebel activity wouldn't (relatively by imp standards) silently infiltrating it bare more fruit than blowing it to kingdom come, caring only about results and not factoring in any level of civillian casualty?

Wallex also doesn't trigger twice and can't apply to all your ships. That said, you're totally right and I doubt Tagge will ever be the best with Motti and Jerjerrod available. I guess they were afraid of aggressive Gozanti spam with Tagge leading it.

How often is Admo blowing a token (even if it knew it would get it back) on turn 2, though?

>"We don't serve their kind here."
>"Your imp/rebfag shitposts! You'll have to post them in another thread, we don't want them here!

I really like number 5, seems like something Vader would fly before the Advanced, a halfway point that fuses the aesthetic of the Jedi Starfighter MK2 and the severity of a TIE/imperial coloration.
Like 8 too, dual pods are sex.

Seeing the N1 in non-Naboo colors is so wrong but kinda right

Honestly seeing a couple of those in the rebellion era would be interesting.

To be fair this guy juiced a once-living being and sold it to people, I'm not sure he's much better than Billy Imp and Johnny Reb faffing about Alderaan for four hours.

Been done. Leia comic I think.
Also Freemakers once.
Vader flies it.
Yes he spins and goes "yippee!"

t. tarkin

>war
>not police action

>That spoiler

Glorious.

I want to reassure preybird that she's still a viable fighter

Depends on how aggressively you're flying it.

I'm not gonna pretend its all that common though. At this point they'd need to release a sensor net where you exhaust defence tokens to gain points or something utterly ridiculous and weird to make Tagge work. That or some ridiculous upgrade card where you have to exhaust or avoid readying defence tokens as a cost.

>It is a period of civil war.
Literally.
LITERALLY. The first line of star wars ever seen by human eye outside of trailers.

>not Hux

Also one of the main characters has an unending hard-on for Uglies and the Not-Actually-Jedi.
I think he might be the star wars character I resonate with the most.

The yellow text s obviously biased to the narrative being told you really can't trust it on anything.
A real argument that was really made earlier this year.

Not rebellion era, but the aesthetic is similar

>tfw kinda want a Hux short story or novel
>know that with all the shit they've flung at Johnson just over the POSSIBILITY of Kylo being sympathetic it'll never happen because it'll be lauded as 'muh nazi sympathy'

Disney characters aren't real star wars.

pls no reply, my low effort DEATH STAR DID NOTHING WRONG already got too many replies

Honestly, I would laugh my ass off at a well written story that just goes full springtime for hilter and makes a joke of just how much of an imperial fanboy he is. Like Marvel putting out a star wars comic that has Hux climbing out of bed in an 'I

Solid taste sir. I also like 12, the pronged design speaks to me.

>Punished Tua
>A Minister Denied her Hat

Without giving much thought to these, I'd fly 4, 10, 13, 17, 16, 18 20, aaaaand maybe 26. Last one feels a little small though.
10 especially for being the most hueg of the bunch and I'm of the opinion unless you're as great as Fett is supposed to be having a signature transport is fuckin' dumb and counter-productive and that looks like a light cargo ship they've smacked guns onto

Kinda wish the FO TIEs kept with the basic (or an Interceptor) with the generics and did this or something else aesthetically different more than the red stripe for the SF versions.
Do we have hard numbers for how a basic FO TIE compares with an Interceptor or even an OG TIE, anyway?

I'm not a military aerospace engineer, but wouldn't that wide linear cannon layout be optimal for ground attack and kinda shit for aerial combat?

I thought the SF would work as a generic and free them to go crazy for an actual special forces TIE.

Nah, the SF should be something uniform, but still superior to the gruntwork. But they should ALSO have dug up a bunch of Sienar Originals on top of it, personally.

>Hux shonen manga
>He overcomes all his problems with the BURNING SPRIT of the FIRST ORDER and his love of SUPREME LEADER
>Arc 1 FO high school
>Arc 2 Military Academy
>Arc 3 Getting his own command

Really depends what you're trying to accomplish with your ground attack, but I'd wager they probably have some kind of adjustable convergence range anyway making it less relevant.

>Tua survives the shuttle explosion and Goes Nuclear, swearing vengeance on Pryce for betraying all the trust and love she had for her.

Nice.

The asteroid field makes me think this thing is some sort of support unit explicitly to blow the fuck out of space obstacles and honestly that sounds neat as shit, is that a thing that exists?

This would be a good pic for Zsinj-y TIE. It reminds me of the Raptor