Literal SJW games

Are there any RPGs that let you play as an actual Social Justice Warrior?
I don't mean "you could make a gay furry wizard", but a game that's completely designed around fighting for social justice causes.
I'm imagining an RPG where you play as escaped orc sex slaves trying to topple the colonialist elf empire. Or an RPG where you play as gay space communists rebelling against the ancient patriarchal space oligarchy.
Pic not related.

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/2089483951/sigmata-this-signal-kills-fascists?lang=fr
youtube.com/watch?v=cggJ3oSgMcI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah, there are a few. If you were actually a neckbear and not just a /pol/tard trying to get a bait thread going on Veeky Forums you would already know about them.

I've heard Bellum Maga is kinda like this, but also that it's utterly fucking terrible.

In my general experience, most games that are built around forcing an agenda are piles of crap, and I say that as a lefty liberal faggot. Putting your politics before making a worthwhile piece of art means you end up with shit, regardless of the medium.

Wasnt there a rape game made with the intent to teach people about the dangers of rape?

Man, playing Gay Empire sounds like a fucking trip.

Blue rose, Wraethuthu, and most of the old WoD games were SJW heavy.

Happy now? Go fuck off to /pol/.

>FATAL

This one: kickstarter.com/projects/2089483951/sigmata-this-signal-kills-fascists?lang=fr
Pretty much "SJW power fantasy: the game".

In a weird way, this is sorta how Paranoia works.

Eclipse Phase

I'm convinced Bellum Maga is an elaborate troll attempt, the art is so bad and it's so derogatory to its supposed subject matter I find it hard to believe anyone wrote it without saying "huh huh, what if, like, we made a feminazi rpg"

>I'm imagining an RPG where you play as escaped orc sex slaves trying to topple the colonialist elf empire.
Basically any fantasy RPG can be this.
> Or an RPG where you play as gay space communists rebelling against the ancient patriarchal space oligarchy.
And this is the plot of Star Wars

Well, it's name does mean "War Makes America Great Again".

Gay Empire is way more interesting than that retarded OP.

It raises so many questions, like whether homotroopers can do facials or if they miss even those shots.

Came here to post this. What really baffles me about this game is the positively bloodthirsty reaction to it. The description is fairly benign and I doubt most people appreciated the parallels to the actual Taliban in their rush to scream about punching le nazis XDDD. It takes a special kind of person to transform a game about protecting marginalized people from genocide into a game about superhero death squads towing the line of what exactly constitutes justifiable violence. There are people seriously comparing the Regime in this game to Trump voters and talking about how eager they are to exterminate them. I know that isn't shocking hyperbole around here but I never thought I would see that kind of thought hit "mainstream" as far as tabletop goes.

If it is, it's a very elaborate attempt. Abby Soto has been pretty consistently a radfem and weird fetish artist for quite a while before it came out.

Glad to see they're keeping up the trend of the bad guys looking the most stylish

Werewolf the Apocalyse.

Not, you.

I guess it's hard for me to consider the person who made it actually embodying any political alignment instead of just being an edgy teen. I suppose it's entirely possible for girls to go through that phase. The whole thing reeks of Kill Puppies for Satan to me, where the initial joke has been followed so hard and with so much "ironic" gusto that it looks like someone getting drunk on their own kool-aid

Wraethu isn't SJW heavy; it's the exact opposite.

It's literally all about predatory gay men.

Clearly this means that nudists are the ultimate good.

Bellum Maga is a blend of all of the most psychotic type of man hating lesbian feminism imaginable and outright murder fetishism. It is fucking wild.

>Blue rose, Wraethuthu, and most of the old WoD games were SJW heavy.

Those have got a lot of themes that appeal to the tumblr crowd but I wouldn't class them as "SJW games", everything except maybe Blue Rose was full of edgy sexually explicit content for the sake of being counterculture or alternative rather than just simply virtue signaling inclusiveness.

I think Blue Rose became Blue Hair now it's gone to college, but in high school it was that shy brunette who mainly nothing but read Romance Mangas and Mercedes Ritchie Lackey YA novels.

Well, Star Wars, for one.
You're playing as multi-ethnic, multi-faith rebels against a human-centric imperialistic fascist empire.
Wolfenstein The New Order and The New Colossus, being violently anti-nazi, was pretty high on the approval rate by social justice types, myself included. So anything that involves killing the shit out of nazis will work, there's a lot of reports of soldiers coming back from ww2 realizing this racism/segregation stuff was bullshit after fighting alongside black soldiers. Plus russia has more than a few stories of village girls racking up the nazi kills like crazy.

Shadowrun can be pretty good with that, less fascism more wildly unregulated anarcho-capitalism depending on where you are. SINless people seem to be a minority and are looked down on for arbitrary societal reasons, so it makes for a good allegory.

Hell, you can make Warhammer Fantasy about that Social Justice if you target baddies like the Dark Elves (Literal elf nazis) and Skaven (You can draw parralels to skaven as a plague and how fascism is considered a societal disease) And you get a little creative with immigrant citizens of the empire coming in from the living tribes of Nehekhara, Cathay, Ind, or Araby.

Warhammer Fantasy can be pretty good for that shit too, in my experience. Ideally, the imperium of man is literally about all walks of human life, regardless of race, gender, or orientation, working together to resist enemies from all sides that despise them for the crime of existing or view them as lesser.

Wraethu actually gets shit on by a lot of the Tumblr RPG Community due to the fact that the Wraethu are literally magic space rapists. Left-winged players don't want to be magic BECAUSE of the configuration of their genitals. They just want to be heroes regardless of it. A Lesbian paladin, a Trans Cyborg, A gay starship fighter...

>Warhammer Fantasy
Sorry, meant 40k for that last bit.

>not running a steampunk D&D campaign based on the russian revolution

>Implying I'm not

I've actually done it twice. It's just a really ripe concept for all kinds of adventures.

On that front you could argue for Exalted, particularly Autocthonia. That whole place has a super communist aesthetic and atmosphere, working together for the good of the state, while dismissing individual differences as unimportant.

>Skaven (You can draw parralels to skaven as a plague and how fascism is considered a societal disease)
This is a pretty huge stretch, especially because you could just as easily say that Skaven are vermin and fascism views jews/gays/whatever outgroup as vermin.

You could, but in the RPG book "Children of the horned rat" the skaven are described as considering themselves to be a "Master race" that's the pinnacle of knowledge and society, and that they de-humanize other species by calling them, well, things. "Elf-thing, Man-thing" etc.

>Hell, you can make Warhammer Fantasy about that Social Justice if you target baddies like the Dark Elves (Literal elf nazis) and Skaven (You can draw parralels to skaven as a plague and how fascism is considered a societal disease) And you get a little creative with immigrant citizens of the empire coming in from the living tribes of Nehekhara, Cathay, Ind, or Araby.
>Warhammer Fantasy can be pretty good for that shit too, in my experience. Ideally, the imperium of man is literally about all walks of human life, regardless of race, gender, or orientation, working together to resist enemies from all sides that despise them for the crime of existing or view them as lesser.
if you see 40k and Fantasy as about people coming together to resist evil external threats, it becomes anti-social justice because that just becomes a parable of nationalism: everyone outside the country is out to get us so we have to come together to survive, oh except you can't trust anyone completely because they might be a foreign agent. If you take the Empire in either setting as 'the good guys' you come extremely close to supporting fascism - there's a reason MAGA chuds compare Trump to the God-Emperor. The only way you can make 40k 'woke' is by reading it the way it used to be presented, though this has been toned down in more recent editions, and take the Imperium as a needlessly brutal and repressive regime that's just as likely to collapse under the weight of its millennia of half-forgotten superstitions as it is to be destroyed from outside.

>MAGA chuds
Drive-by-snipping
Classy

Fair enough. You could say more to the "Woke" aspect of fantasy in that the humans, dwarves, elves ,wood-elves, lizardmen, and sometimes even the undead, all just want chaos to get the fuck out.

There's also the problem with how Slaanesh tends to be drawn to the "Gay lul" angle, and I think there are better ways you can do The Prince of Desire, maybe focus on greed and avarice. Sigvald the Magnificent clads his soldiers in glittering silver armor so he can see his own reflection, so maybe you get something like daemons that look like glinting gold statues, but as they take damage you see writhing, taffy-like purple meat that bristles with teeth and eyes under the polished shell.

thats just what they're called

PLUS Sigvald the Magnificent is pretty much a walking icon of the worst aspects of inborn entitlement and privelage, having been born a blonde haired, blue-eyed, "PerfecT" specimen that slaanesh just dumped boons onto.

Yeah, this. I remember someone saying that the Imperium is the ultimate fascism, because no matter what your skin color, gender, sexual orientation, or how you worship Him on Earth, you're just meat for the grinder.
It should be said that saying the Imperium as a whole is fascist is reductive at best. Its more like a coalition of worlds that (at least a large chunk of them) adopted fascistic methods of governance because its the method that circumstances have made the easiest. This ends up making the pre-Gathering Storm Imperium actually quite fascinating from a geopolitical standpoint. Post Gathering storm who the fuck knows, we don't have enough detail to actually look at it.

By SJW freakshows?

That was my first thought too. I can't remember what it was called though.

No, wait, it wasn't that hard to find. Here it is: Gang Rape.

This is the kind of design I just don't see the point in. I don't care what 'message' you're trying to sell, it's a vulgar and unpleasant piece of work that's explicitly designed to make one player feel intensely uncomfortable as part of making some sort of point. You don't raise awareness or inform people by making weird niche media that won't do anything but put them off.

to be honest i think it's pretty hard to make a setting that has europe inhabited by human beings but north africa by walking skeletons and south america by literal lizards 'woke', and i think that that probably played a larger part in their nixing of the setting than people have cottoned on to. it was a thinkpiece waiting to happen at the very least.

i think the equating of slaanesh with sexual desire is not necessarily problematic per se, but i agree that elements of it as presented are questionable at least.

>Why I can't freely insult people!!!! Buahhhhh!!!
Veeky Forums is not your safespace
All those nordic names.
Swedish game I suppose.

It has no message, it's the kind of shit made by tone-deaf posers who bandwagon on whatever's hip atm. Same deal for "A Place to Fuck", it's not even SJW, it's made by some attention whore who thinks they can get their 5 minutes of fame.
youtube.com/watch?v=cggJ3oSgMcI

>uses dumb partisan nickname for mudslinging
>tells others to go to /pol/

It's pretty funny that the background of it's setting basically makes it so that the existence of the woman hating "patriacracy" is basically the result of the witch goddess being kind of a bitch and making magic a girls only club.

Also the fact that said patriarchy was founded by Cain (yes that one) making a pact with the serpent god of mars to teach mankind the arts of war so they could cast down the tyrant witch theocracy is one of the most badass, tragically wasted pieces of fluff I've seen in quite some time

Yeah pretty much.

It was just some weird kink the Storm Constatine was into and wasn't there get brownie points.

A real SJW game needs to approach stuff like transsexuality in the most uncontentious boring blandness way possible. The gay shit is just there for Just soulless box ticking.

[spolier] so basically Dungeons and Dungeons 5e[/spolier]

That seems to happen weirdly often, that an RPG setting ends up with more compelling antagonists than protagonists. It's why so many people fetishise the Technocracy in oMage.

>no matter what your skin color, gender, sexual orientation, or how you worship Him on Earth, you're just meat for the grinder.
yeah, but let's not forget the massive disparities of quality of life and power throughout different classes, the violent hatred of mutants (i.e. disabled people), the mentally ill, and anyone who doesn't get on board with or actively betrays the imperial project. saying everyone's just meat for the grinder kinda misses the massive differences in outcomes for different people within the imperial system, as in real world fascist systems. like, sure you could argue that a nazi soldier, his patriotic aryan mother back home, and, say, a polish Jew were all "meat for the grinder " of the nazi regime in one way or another, but they could each expect to be treated very differently by the system.

we're not the same person

The Technocracy did nothing wrong

Is more fun to play.
And the dress-code is amazing.
>Not being the dandiest New World Order you can be

But most reasonable definitions of human morality they honestly didn't.

It's just white wolf empathise as we supernaturals over general humanity beyond the usual extent of "minority group metaphor".

That's why are you get full blown genuine "white is black" moral reasoning like Beast the primordial. Where being a hero make you a villain.

I saw a Syndicate operative who specialized in Forces. I went 'Okay, how does that tie into your paradigm?'

The player went "I am so fucking rich, I can call in drone strikes."

>Syndicate
Just awful.
You guys do nothing and take all the credit.

You know, you can oppose SJWs without being a racist.

Farewell to fear

Look up the kickstarter page, watch the video, and cringe. It's literally a game about breaking down the establishment in a testimonial fantasy setting and being social justice warriors in it

i dunno that sounds pretty good

There's humans living in "north africa", retard. They even were their own faction in warmaster before warmaster got obliterated.

Indeed all the classic pulp heroes punched out Nazi. It just helps you know when they're actually Nazis rather then just people who disagree with you

Ok it sounds cool, but just study the KS page, it's dripping with pretentiousness.

Exactly. More, the classic pulp heroes were REALLY RACIST. Doc Samson, for one.

That's more a product of their time than anything else though, not really something you can base an argument upon.

>ww2 realizing this racism/segregation stuff was bullshit after fighting alongside black soldiers
Bullshit. Most units were segregated.

>Lets go fight that evil capitalist-fascist-dictator! Some disorganised violent protesting will do the trick.

>After that some good xim on Ver action in totally consensual at every step process. Hopefully we can Pos some Neg-holes!

Sounds pretty gay...

Honestly I cannot see SJW faggotry seeping into RPGs that deep. Game takes imagination and thought, story telling and depth. polluted thoughts and shitty game mechanics will get get you far in this medium.
>goes back to /pl/

nice.

so it's like Exalted if everyone was a punk? Maybe that's just the vibe the art is giving me

Why not? Is this site all that far away from mainstream thought? Conservatives have been doing what's basically war propaganda for decades now; what did you think it would result in?

Also, don't vote for a monster if you don't want to be seen as one.

Just because they start that way on paper doesn't mean they fought at different battles.

ITT: Retards confuse authoritarianism with fascism.

user, I'm not sure if anyone ever told you this, but murdering people for their political beliefs is evil.

Isn't that game that has a $50,000 buy in with the shitty looking, no details plastic pin-up chicks and tentacle dick monsters based on thicc girls escaping from rape dungeons???

What? no GURPS?

Have you tried Macho woman with guns?

The thing is only a small percentage of either side actually say the extremist shit, and most are just venting. Even fewer actually believe it.

However, everyone lives in their own echo chambers full of people saying "Everyone on the left/right wants to exterminate us!" and very few will actually go out of their way to look at the other sides perspective on their own outside of visiting antifa/infowars sites where a special breed of gullible idiots congregate.

And fyi, Trump isn't a monster. He's just another slightly worse, significantly dumber president in a long line of shitty presidents. He just seems like a monster because the media focus on his shortcomings, which makes them seem all the worse after 8 years of a president who the media loved and whose shortcoming they glossed over.

Kinda this, but I allways thought, the Imperium is way to set up to infight by Design to be really fascist in core - Their "United we fall, alone we stand" Mentality goes trough all organisations, like the clusterfuck that is the the political relationship of the different Adeptas, and their constant rivalvry, the way the IG and SM works and are seperated. Most of this Shit came as Reaction to the Horus Heresy and Age of Apostasy, though I will admit.

Aren't most campaigns and even genres like most superhero rpgs about improving your surroundings and the state of the world?

So they can all be about being a social justice warrior.

>Pretty much "SJW power fantasy: the game".

I really don't get where people seem to keep getting that idea with it. I mean, right in the description itself:

>The communities targeted by state violence have begun to fight back. The Resistance is bolstered by an unlikely alliance of radical leftists, libertarian militias, religious activists, and wealthy entrepreneurs, whose grievances with the Regime overpower the seething contempt they have for each other. As linchpins of the Resistance, the Receivers must take great pains to prevent the alliance from fracturing. If they allow ideology to trump strategy, the factions will fall back on their worst tendencies, handing the Regime the political victories it needs to maintain a stranglehold on the people.

It's far from 'left vs right'. It's more 'Everyone on the margins vs a totalitarian government'. You can legitimately have a group that is an innawoods survivalist and a bible belt preacher and they are right in the description of the groups in the resistance.

Honestly, it reads more 'There are some things bigger than our political fragmentation'

>And fyi, Trump isn't a monster. He's just another slightly worse, significantly dumber president in a long line of shitty presidents. He just seems like a monster because the media focus on his shortcomings, which makes them seem all the worse after 8 years of a president who the media loved and whose shortcoming they glossed over.

Well, Trump's lack of a filter really doesn't help him. Which I think is what 'Being Presidential' comes down to, not talking except when your political advisers think it's a good move.

One can see than the main setting has been written carefully to avoid being obvious as a SJWfest. But the illustrations (which are all minorities versus white man) are kind of a hint and the stretch goals make it very clear where the authors stand.

Huh? The third picture on that page is a blonde haired white guy getting beaten by the enforcers. The enforcers are also wearing face concealing helmets, we can't see what they are (Honestly, pic related has the enforcer going by the fingers to be just as ambiguously brown as the woman beating his friends with him)

Well,it's a game about fighting fascists.
When you think about fascists you probably think of the nazis and those guys were certainly unfriendly to minorities.
Just my once cent on the whole thing though,they can still fuck it up with SJW bullshit if they don't reign themselves in every once in a while.

One white dude getting his shit beaten in while the black dude and the gals get to be badasses. And the other whites are used as fascist propaganda. Now, as I said, it's just a hint. Four pictures is a bit low of a sample size. Could be nothing.

The problem is that Kickstarters as a rule will disappoint where possible. The authors do state that they want to "create a fictional political landscape as complex and difficult as the real one" but the setting is very politically charged and basically boils down to "punch a nazi today". Two lines claiming that it's not a leftist power fantasy isn't enough to dispels doubts.

I could be wrong. It could turn out nuanced, interesting and complex, or at least not pure wank. I just don't expect it to.

I love EP and I am a fukkin white supremacist

Yeah it has toxic degenerate societies in it but it also has Ultimates and shit.

>a neckbear

It also seems a bit too early to actually say it is a power fantasy for either side. Could be but they seem to be at least putting some work into making it not so.

Although I'll admit, I'm vaguely hopeful for the mechanics behind it (Not really expecting greatness but them having more solid mechanics for staying undercover/infiltration intrigues me when so many games barely touch on it beyond 'Roll a skill') so it's vaguely annoying to see going 'It's all minorities vs white men' as talk about the game when the art doesn't really line up with that.

The opening video also has pictures of white men in the internment camps of the fascist group and a black guy supporting the fascist state.

I dunno, with all the clusterfuckery going about I'm just kinda getting sick and tired of everyone jumping on everything for 'It must be about beating up trump' or 'It's about white genocide' or whatever political nonsense. This game seems like...well, 'It Can't Happen Here + Superpowers'. A fascist rise in america has been an incredibly well trod story at this point.

Sorry for rambling.

Do Tumblr and Facebook count?

>weird niche media
Tabletop RPGs aren't terribly niche in Sweden.

Third wheel here. While I understand and agree with your point on 'Being Presidential', it is in no way a requirement or seen as a general measure of functionality or prowess. While we might argue that it should be, we should also remember to 'play by the rules', and judge them based on more common factors.

TL;DR "It's just like, your opinion man"

>While I understand and agree with your point on 'Being Presidential', it is in no way a requirement or seen as a general measure of functionality or prowess.

Not saying it does, just that it means there is a LOT more material about him for use than most presidents, so it's very easy to more or less find a trump quote to back up whatever you want to say about him, since he doesn't work with very carefully crafted press releases and rigorously watched social media like most of them

>Nudisto BEEEEEECH

Jeepform is niche in Sweden. It just doesn't exist at all outside Scandinavia.

This actually reminds me of one of my problems with Blue Rose. It's not that the antagonists are especially interesting, but that the designated "protagonist nation" of Aldis interests me far less than the "side character nations" of Lar'tya and Jarzon. Aldis was built to be a nice place that the players would want to protect, whereas Jarzon and Lar'tya seem like they were actually built to be interesting societies to explore in a game.

I think that the reason that protagonist factions often end up being kind of bland is because the designers don't want them to have any traits that would make players not want to play them. Unfortunately, this also often leads to those factions not having any traits that make you want to play them, either, especially as flaws often make things more interesting.

I think the lesson there is that having a default protagonist nation is generally a bad idea. Presenting a lot of interesting options with their own qualities and flaws is a lot more interesting, and gives the players and GM more choice in approaching things, since as you mentioned nominating a default tends to necessitate it being kinda bland.

Misspent Youth. It's actually quite good.

Underrated comment.

that image gets me everytime

But it also puts these predatory gay men on a pedestal as everything that men should aspire to be and superior to baseline humanity, such is their beauty, grace and expertise.

Only Storm Constantine could write about a race of effeminate men with sea anemone dicks who require constant sex to survive, procreate through spreading a metamorphic virus that isn't very different from HIV to human men and that seek to render humanity extinct and replace them. Only Storm Constantine could write about such a species and depict them, their war against humanity and their way of life as beautiful, graceful and something that humanity should aspire towards.

It's more or less the same issue Beast has, where nobody on any side of the issue likes it..

>Writer: Look at how wonderful I made you, special demographic! Isn't it wonderful to be represented?!
>Demographic: JESUS CHRIST, WHAT SORT OF MONSTERS DO YOU THINK WE ARE?

That’s the great thing about 40k. The galaxy is a big place, and individual planets can have just about any sort of society you could imagine. And then Tyranids or daemons come eat everyone.