Get promised by contract the services of a warrior worth their weight in solid platinum

>get promised by contract the services of a warrior worth their weight in solid platinum

>get sent itty bitty creature that weighs not very much

How does your character take this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=92QzLnLXlcY
youtube.com/watch?v=fEIo0WmxY1U
thepiratebay.org/torrent/5550265/Mouse_Guard_RPG
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Depends on how much platinum is worth.

Honestly, 2 pounds of platinum is enough to hire a small army, so I go with it. It's a magical world, gods only know what a tiny warrior is capable of.

I eat it.

Keep her, she would be a nice companion, or just a muse I can distract my self with when I’m bored and the wizard is talking about astrology

I start practicing my Throwing skill.

I'm still not sure why we hired someone worth their weight in platinum when I have a golem that's plated in adamantium, but even something that small is worth a lot of money, and fairy magic is not to be fucked with.

Roll with it, but also spread nasty rumors about the contractor.

give her very gentle headpats

They probably don't need to be that gentle, seeing as she's as strong as a dozen armsmen.

He will make it work.

she would laugh her ass off and spend the rest of the session making midget puns, making the DM regret his life choices.

>plated in adamantium
>not made entirely of adamantium

Take the money and stab whoever tricked me.

if i didn't do it gently, i'd be very tempted to hug her, and that'd be very awkward

He's rich, he's not made of money.

>How does your character take this?
Home. She would take him home and build him needlessly elaborate dollhouse.

invest in some high-level poisons and have fun, current campaign has a lot of espionage and diplomacy so I have zero objections here.

>Honestly, 2 pounds of platinum is enough to hire a small army

Are you sure? I think it would be enough to hire like, 12 mercs and support staff + supplies.

I could be wrong.

>Platinum Price / Oz $891.25
though note that Platinum is at its historical low

Who said anything about two pounds? That thing looks maybe 200 grams, tops.

What if my PC has excessively large hands?

Then your character deserves to be jeered at by small children for their freakish hands.

>though note that Platinum is at its historical low

why is that? Are more mines opening up?

He takes it with his hands, duh.

Hope they're dense, maybe make a nice ring or necklace out of it.

I kind of wonder what a tiny city would look like? When you’re six inches tall, I’m sure building designs would change

I think the new sources are just speculative at this point but apparently that's enough to shake the market.

>haha, user is so handy!
>Not very well armed, though!

Hakumei to Mikochi

If she weighs 4 ounces, that's about 13 platinum pieces, or 130gp of warrior. That's nothing to sneeze at, truthfully.

Buildings would probably be proportionally much sturdier, practically built like bunkers. Not only can you tell the square cube law to go fuck itself in some respects, but furthermore, a lot of the disasters like storms that we need our dwellings proofed against would be represented in even totally mundane shit like regular wind. Simply to stay up at all in the face of winter rains and regular, low intensity storms, structures would need to be practically chiselled INTO stone rather than built out of it.

As in the case of , living structures like trees etc. are great, because if you are a tiny person, trees grow like a thousand times faster than you can build anything. Consider that while bamboo, which can grow over a metre a day, is a poor home because of its short life and proportions, hardwood trees are still going to be increasing their height and cross section by the equivalent of a new room every couple of days. Mining your way through the trees and keeping your artificial hollows braced and free of insects, birds and rodents (which 100% want the same real estate as you) is a comparatively small price to pay for not needing construction materials, and ending up with something that is tough even at a macro scale.

TL;DR the 'fairy hollows' house inside a tree aesthetic style is surprisingly realistic when you think about it.

I additionally inqire about the local market value of Platin. This being a fairy, ya can be sure she hits harder the higher the current called value is.

I don't sign contracts with wording as obviously weaselly as that, unless it's something thrown in as a deal sweetener.
So I'd probably be fine with it. Skoona a cute.

The picture has me wondering what it would look like if you had a handful of regular people living and working among the tiny people.

No, and even if she's not unbeatable but merely equivalent to e.g. a very, very skilled mercenary then it's still really useful to have someone who can fight as if they were a very, very skilled mercenary but is only about half the size of your hand.

IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS FOR FUCKING EVER
THANKYOU SI MUCH

it got storytime on Veeky Forums before (first couple chapters anyway)
it's maximum comfy, like, comfier than Meshi

I would just like to remind you that the little guy fucked up a a whole Ogre-Fortress and made the Ogre-Mage that led them his bitch.

Op’s Pic is a dude? Coulda fooled me, why does anime make everything seem so feminine?

No, it's not. It's a lil touhou called Sukuna. She lives inside udon bowls.

Its not Momotaro? Just some touhou ?
I should have been expecting so much shit-taste from the people visiting Veeky Forums but I didn't and now I am disappointed with myself.

I think the concept of a fierce inchling who fights with a needle and is on par with powerful regular sized humans is pretty cool.

sukuna has a legend too
please don't be a f/a/ggot

>muh /a/-boogeyman
>touhou-autism

Go back to /jp/ and fucking stay there.

What about his money golem?

If thats the warrior I get, I'd be so happy

Agreed

tiny

>shits on 2hu
>posts my little witch
Fuckin pleb

Fuck sake. Momotaro was not a tiny person you absolute retard.
The tiny warrior in japanese folklore is Issun-boshi. If you're going to be a dick, at least get it right.

>why aren't people on the D&D board fans of my favorite anime?

It is getting an anime too.

youtube.com/watch?v=92QzLnLXlcY
youtube.com/watch?v=fEIo0WmxY1U

I've heard of moeblobs but this is ridiculous.

Now I just need to find a translation.

There will probably be sub groups doing it.

How have I not heard of this?

Unless you're a hot chick Or a decent looking girl(male) I wouldn't let you do that if I was DMing

>Sukuna
Shinmyoumaru.

Sukuna is her given name. Full name is Shinmyoumaru Sukuna.

How much of a tree can you hollow out before it dies though?

Time to re-enact Shadow of the Colossus, where the Colossus is my dick.

You want her to stab your dick?

You underestimate my deviancy.

That sounds fucking cool. Get a bunch of them and start a mercenary band, since they must be strong to be worth their weight in platinum.

Let her wake up, then fight her to see how good she is.

Birds hollow out LOADS of tree in one season.

>tiny people cities

This thread is going places.
Strange places.
I approve.

It would have to build some pretty big walls (for you) to keep out insects, birds, and other animals. At such a small size...the world would be like Skull Island 24/7.

And then the children get eaten by Owlbears as my Paladin calls out to his God for this grevious insult. My God gave my large hands to do maximum good, I will not let such heresy stand!

That is wrong. Her name is 少名 針妙丸; family name Sukuna, given name Shinmyoumaru.

Is this one of those kotodomas from my eastern story scrolls?

Treat it like a gerbil and shelf it

And Thus Spake the Lord of Hosts:
Elijah, you're drunk. Go home.

>"Finally, I'm not the shortest person on this stolen prison ship!"

There are only two options here:
Either it was a scam or I've got a pocket-sized one-guy army now.

Both are fine.

AI then, what type of biome would be best for 6 inch tall people to set up in?

A rainforest would produce more food, but probably attract more predators. I could see a higher altitude forest with some cliffs you can bore into would be safer.

Actually, what about agriculture? When EVERYTHING can eat you, can you even grow things successfully?

Go on a revenge quest with the smol warrior against the contractor. I do it because I got scammed and the smol warrior does it for having it's honor insulted by being used as a ruse.

My adventuring days are largely behind me, unfortunately. How willing are they to just be comfy all the time?

I would like to pet this creature.

Leafcutter ants manage to grow fungus for them to eat, so I think 3 inches tall humanoids (judging by OP pic) should be able to manage something. I think the particulars are going to depend a lot on what the environment is like, though.
In a rainforest there would be relatively little need for organised agriculture since there're always fruits and nuts growing somewhere, the trick there would be to scout out locations and be ready to grab a bunch and get them back to safety before birds or monkeys eat them.

In temperate climes it becomes more important to stockpile food for the winter when not much grows, and securing those stockpiles against any animals that stumble on them. If you're 3 inches tall, a hen's egg is nearly as tall as you, I roughly estimate that to be enough to feed a hundred people in one day. Say you've got a dozen of those stashed away in the frozen ground where they'll keep, but if a fox or weasel finds them and you can't defend them you'll probably starve. As far as actively growing things I think we're back to mushrooms. I can definitely see tiny people domesticating some moles and digging out tunnel systems where they cultivate various fungi. They'd also definitely plant some bushes that grow berries or nuts in closer proximity to their home, but I have trouble seeing them grow corn or maize of any form. Too many things would try to eat it and harvesting it would be akin to cutting down a 50m tall tree for us.

I can be whatever you want me to be, user.

Even a dragon?

Collect them! Assemble a whole crack team commando of smol badasses!

>inchlings
>yuri

It’s fucking perfect thank you user

Could be good. 1/9th of a soul is bound to be worth that amount, plus I can sacrifice her to power various things.

This seems like a good thread to ask:
Are there any TTRPGs where the players are tiny people or creatures? Doing quests for tiny kingdoms and braving huge worlds of bugs and birds?
I know you could probably just take any old regular RPG and change the scale, but I'm looking for something with a focus on how little people would perceive a huge world, as opposed to "you encounter X, but bigger"

Guys please

Mouse Guard, Redwall (doesnt sure last one exists but maybe)

I think Mouseguard is what you're looking for.

Most of it. Only the outermost tissues are alive, the rest is dead wood that just helps support the living tree. Sort of a skeleton for very large plants really.

>Are there any TTRPGs where the players are tiny people or creatures? Doing quests for tiny kingdoms and braving huge worlds of bugs and birds?

MouseGuard RPG

Muchos gracias.
I don't suppose any of you have a link to pdfs by any chance?
I'd appreciate it, I'm only getting supplemental stuff on google.

Do you know how to use torrents?
thepiratebay.org/torrent/5550265/Mouse_Guard_RPG

Like 75%. The only potential problem is that it's then more likely to break in bad weather

Pirate Bay is busted in Australia, unfortunately.

buy a proxy sheeple, your metadata is being recorded by turnbull

He'd probably expect something like that, actually. How insanely good would a warrior need to be if they were a full-sized human and worth their weight in platinum? They'd have to be a demigod.

Nevermind, got it.
Cheers mate.

so what you are saying is if there are fairy undesirables they would live in bamboo shanty towns?