Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1934: Great Depression Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/3Hgaa8fS
youtube.com/watch?v=M-V_k_UfP7c
youtube.com/watch?v=YQwYNca4iog
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Repostin:

So my original plan had been to get busy and try to smash out most of the class perks for Pathfinder over the last few days.

That uh, that's didn't happen. But I did finish a couple more if anyone wants to look them over.

pastebin.com/3Hgaa8fS

How many people in this thread are depressed?

Can't wait to see the finished jump, these perks look really cool. Ugh now I have the urge to crack open my DnD books again.

Direct Line - The Familiar of a Witch serves as their spellbook... In this case, does the Witch functionally have "Spell Mastery" of every spell that would've been "known" to the Familiar?

Dropped this late last thread. Should be the final. If no one can find anything completely wonky with it I'll make it the final.

I see a shrink for that. Its helped.

kys jumpchainfags

You need to pay full price for the powers that aren't free. So you'd still pay 200cp for Flight 2 as a kryptonian.

No thanks. Too painful.

Literally the only reason I haven't done it yet. Don't have the cash for painkillers.

KOTOR user, if you don't mind me asking, would you mind adding a Mandalorian Wars drawback to KOTOR, so we could participate in that conflict?

Kill me yourself motherfucker.

Sure. I'll probably have time to update it Wednesday or Thursday.

>Rage Unbound
n i c e

>But what is possible for you encompasses a lot more for you than it does for others.
I feel like either of these "for you(s)" is redundant.

Thanks, I appreciate you taking the time to do something like that. Also, nice digits, man.

High five!

Me.

Thief is just one variant of Rogue. It's more how you do than what. Iirc, there are also things like assassins and bounty hunters that are also rogues, for whom thievery isn't a focus. Other than that, it looks good.

>Do you have to yell that every-time?
What kind of question is that? Of COURSE you have to yell that every-time!

>that "artstyle"
>that "hair"
Ugh

>your "face"

UGH.

Thanks!

Pretty much.

>I feel like either of these "for you(s)" is redundant.
Damn, that's like the second or third perk I've done that with, too. Thanks for pointing it out, user.

Hmm, that's a good point. I tend to think of the rogues as the stereotypical skill monkey thief and kinda just didn't think of that. Do you have any suggestions?

>Ugh
>UGH.
Ugh.

>Ugh
>UGH.
>Ugh.
youtube.com/watch?v=M-V_k_UfP7c

Thaaaat's a good reaction to being told "Jumpers are real."

These perks are looking pretty good!

I see Tim Allen was here.

>covering a shoe with maple syrup and butter

>Stock Scream Effects
youtube.com/watch?v=YQwYNca4iog

Art.

I'll get around to Annoyed Grunts next time

Bananas or strawberries, /jc/?

>by itself
strawberries
>baked goods
bananas
>drinks
both

I recently found motivation and will try to get the Generic PMC jump out before the end of the year

Is it kosher to take Dead Zone if Nechronica is your first jump?

God-Jumpers tell me about your religion. Do you amalgamate your cults or do you allow them to venerate you in their own way?

user from last thread who asked about Hamon and Spin synergizing with a Stand.

My stand is Vaporwave, it takes the form of a protective armor, and its ability is that it's sticky, collecting debris and particulates and melting them, absorbing them into its mass. Vaporwave is not effected by its own stickiness.

Vaporwave's extra mass will evaporate with time, but the user can accelerate this process to build up a 'charge' and to reduce its weight. The more 'charge' Vaporwave has, the faster it starts to evaporate. As it builds up 'charge', its stickiness or melting properties grow, letting it absorb attacks as they stick to it, or melting into the environment and through walls.

Vaporwave can also detach its extra mass as a sticky liquid or solid and even control it for a short time afterwards, but doing this requires a 'charge', and causes the Stand's extra mass to evaporate more quickly.

If Vaporwave starts to evaporate faster then it can accumulate extra mass, then it will eventually start to lose even its normal mass as it starts to lose 'charge', and can even disappear entirely if it has to much 'charge' built up.

Is this Stand good? How could it be adjusted to be better on its own and to work with Spin and Hamon? Is the name unfitting?

Huh, never thought about someone taking it as their first Jump actually.

Uh, I'd say it would be more of a dick move really. I guess I should put in you can only take it if you've had prior Jumps?

Looking forward to it.

I'm the God of Impudence and Rebellion... and the patron god of bards. In more modern settings, that translates to essentially being the punk god of Rock n' Roll. If people want to venerate me, I tell them to do it by having a party and telling authority figures to fuck off. I'm always so proud whenever they ignore that and tell me to go fuck myself.

Awesome.

>Thread name that finally references Great Depression.

The historian inside me is pleased.

>God of Rebellion, Impudence and Rock inspires his followers to live up to his message and become a bunch of Ned Flanderses in the ultimate Fuck You
I can dig it

Love & Justice man, Love & Justice. Do good to others, help each other, and never tolerate Evil. But redemption is always preferable to death.

My jumper started out as a Khorne worshipper... sort of. While they've long moved passed that their hatred of excess and decadence has not been entirely extinguished. As a result worshippers of Jumper don't kill wantonly like worshippers of Khorne do but if you worship something like Slaanesh or a god that is generally seen as a degenerate you're getting murdered, probably. Jumper never really felt the need to stop them or interfere with how they worship him.

The Greek pantheon did not like Jumper. Not at all.

Not a god yet.

That's just what the God of Denial would say!

This is about as strong as White Album, which I'm pretty sure you based it off of, so it seems fair to me. What are its stats? How is it supposed to work with the Ripple or Spin? To make it better, making it generally conductive to the Ripple, and letting it consume charge to produce the Ripple or Spin would probably make it as strong as it could reasonably get. You can already make projectiles with it and control them after they detach from your body, so combining that with Spin and Ripple bullshit really sells it.

I tell them what no to do and don't care otherwise. My holy areas are cold, underwater, or in the sky, though, so good luck with that.

I don't teach things about dealing with Gods. Gods rest in the Heavens and the Heavens are their problem. Unless we're in a Xiaxian setting in which thats a whole other can of worms.

Instead I teach Food Honor. A whole hearted respect for that which you consume to grow stronger. Don't waste food, only look in anothers bowl to see if they have enough to eat, instead of building high walls to build longer tables, ect. That kind of stuff.

>Don't waste food
Wow. My Jumper violates this constantly. Then again, that might be a side effect of being able to pull virtually anything (not just food) from thin air.

>His most devout followers are boring plain Janes who never break a rule in their life

I've got the boosted Jumper Cult from KonoSuba, so I figure I've probably got some divisions among the religion. Boosted Jumper Cult gives you a religion equal in size to the largest in any jump you go, and while they're highly devoted it only makes sense that you'd get some schisms along the way. Fortunately, one of my commandments boils down to "don't be dicks to each other", so hopefully my worshipers will at least try to disagree peacefully. I've got some perks to ensure rationality among my followers (meant for nations or businesses or whatever, but should apply to religion, too) from Civilization, so I think it should work.

As for the religion itself, it worships myself and my six main companions as gods. It doesn't claim any position of cosmological importance for us, though. We didn't create the universe, we have no input on why there are such things as evil or suffering, we're just powerful beings that are trying to do the best we can by guiding others. So our holy book is less about laying down moral law from on high, because we don't have that sort of authority, and more a philosophical treatise on why the morality we preach is effective. We've each got a section expousing principles we think are important, as well as an eighth book on practical matters important to an iron age civilization like "this is why hygiene is important" or "nitrogen-fixing crops are great".

Man, there are some pretty nice perks here, CJ! Great work.

My religion is one dedicated to spreading my power and influence throughout the world, committing acts of villainy and wickedness so that I might reign supreme! Since one of my themes is tyranny, all of my cultists are united by one single, powerful faith under my control. I will occasionally allow for splinters, but all of them belong to me, one way or another.

>your religion
Do good, be good, feel good. Every time you act like a dick you get a strike, good deeds erase strikes. Bigger the asshole move the bigger the strike requiring many more good deeds to erase. When you die every strike equals a year spent living the pain you forced on others, when the years are up you reincarnate and try again. People with a clear record get choice to enter paradise or reincarnate but with a better body and life for them.

>pastebin.com/3Hgaa8fS

Deep-Blooded with Impossible Bloodline sorcerer sounds fun.

A couple critiques, the Cleric capstone Holy Man implies good deities which isn't always the case and Direct Line (Witch) is basically the same as Spell Savant (Wizard) for 1/3 the cost. Other than those, what I've read (though the witch) look pretty cool.

Purgatory style suffering + reincarnation is the worst idea for an afterlife

I am venerated by two opposing religions. By being opposed to each other, those who would reject one are more likely to agree with the other. Both, however, are ultimately based on the premise of obligations and duties to rulers (and the rulers' obligations and duties, in turn.) Order and Rule.
Tyrant or Just ruler, both are drawn into my web of control.

I'm the God of Adventures, Innovation, Crafting and Change.

Always look to the horizon, always be open to new things, except these things which are definably bad, like being a luddite, complaining about new technology without a good reason, not vaccinating your kids unless they have health issues that make vaccination difficult (Child abuse and neglect is among the worst crimes you can commit in my religion and I count not vaccinating your kids as neglect.), facism, polluting the environment, using bitcoin, ect ect.

As for venerating me, don't sacrifice sapient beings like humans and other sapient races to me and you should be good. Setting offerings on fire however used to be a common practice until I learned it was bad for the environment. So I banned it. Polluting is bad, after all.

So instead my followers print out pictures of me on edible paper (Thanks to boosted Jumper Cult making my religion a common thing this kind of stuff is usually sold by religious companies and it comes in different flavors, like cherry and bubblegum) and eat it to venerate me. Sometimes they make sandwiches and put a punch of pictures in and eat it.

In places where you can't make edible paper they instead draw a picture of me on a plate with sauce and then lick the sauce up after they eat their meal.

Also my bible consists of my jumper adventures where I do cool shit and set an example for my followers.

Reincarnation completely erases and destroys the person so it's entirely pointless too.

Same guy who did the penguins?

>using bitcoin
Good taste, Nika. Dogecoin is the true currency of the future.

Eh, I do that, but it's not to 'give them another chance'. I let them know that reincarnation is death. I just offer it for two reasons. One, because the people I send to hell don't deserve to go to heaven at any point but also don't deserve eternal punishment, so it has to end at some point, and its less wasteful resource wise. Two, I offer it as an option to people in heaven if they decide they are sick of the afterlife and wish to cease existing, because I don't see any good reason why they should have to exist if they don't want to.

If they are completely erased and destroyed what is being incarnated? Checkmate atheist

What do you have against Bitcoin?

>facism, polluting the environment, using bitcoin
I shall take my leave

Lame af.

How big is the increase from Rage UNBOUND?

>using bitcoin
I feel like I am going to get either a completely stupid answer or one that makes no sense.

Ethereal material, same as your body is 'reincarnated' in buzzard shit.

>I count not vaccinating your kids as neglect
Oy vei thanks for the shekels g*d

Bad for the environment, from what I understand of the process. Plus I'm leery of decentralized cryptocurrencies as a whole. Most people who I trust to know their shit about economics also think bitcoin is bullshit.

Aaand further shitposting in 3... 2... 1...

Thank you for using PrayerNet. Please insert your credit card now.

From this point forward, to reduce inflation, the only valid currency shall be pictures of anime tiddies and asses.

>Bad for the environment,
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>think bitcoin is bullshit.
You mean bubble, with people starting to take loans to buy them, the bubble hasnt much time left.

You're not tricking me like that dubsman, I remember when you people told me to invest in rare pepes

>Bad for the environment
You know what else has similar computer farms that create drastically increased energy consumption? Literally the entire internet. So stop shitposting on Veeky Forums, because you're actually killing the planet.

What's your definition of fascism? Despite beliefs to the contrary, there's no real, consistent modern definition that doesn't also include most other government systems. Do you make sure people know exactly what's bothering you before you destroy their society? Or do you just smite random governments without warning?

>because you're actually killing the planet.

If we kill it faster, will that encourage more space-faring focus and maybe GET US OFF OF THIS FUCKING PLANET?

>Both are dubs
WHO DO I TRUST

Shoot both of them twice.

No, that's bad. Technological growth is bad because it hurts precious mother earth. Stop taking showers. Stop eating meat. Go live in the woods.

>let's destroy the most robust biosphere we have so we can putter around in rinky dink fragile ones
Genius!

That first user has "11". If you pull that number apart, you get one and one. One and one, when you roll two ones on a pair of dice while gambling they call that snake eyes. You know what has snake eyes? The serpent that tricked Adam and Eve into eating from the tree of knowledge and committing the original sin. And who do people link to the existence of the serpent in popular culture? Satan. That user is literally Satan, do not trust them.

This biosphere will inevitably die unless we A) Regress into cavemen. I volunteer you first. or B) Develop advanced terraforming technology to hopefully counterbalance things.

I don't know about you, user, but I'd rather try B and use other planets as a the safety valve if it fails or in the meantime.

>dying on some backwater rock
>not pushing ourselves to achieve our true potential
>not ascending to our rightful place as gods of all that we survey
>not wearing the glittering stars of the night sky as jewels embedded in our crown
>not ruling the whole of reality so splendidly that the very cosmos themselves revel in our successes
Why are you so scrub-tier?

Don't listen to the bee. The truth is that they wanted to keep humanity ignorant and subservient. The moment we took action to correct that, they banished us.
Eat the fruit, trust the snake. It's for your own good.

Because humans are scrub-tier.

How Gnostic.

>the godsblood, inherited from Odin, Old Saint Nick, allows him to see more than lesser men

Every time someone suggests terraforming technology as the go-to solution for anything, I wonder just how drastically they overestimate how long it takes to get the stuff up and running

See, that SONUDS good but what's actually happening is that we're slowly drowning in our own filth and trying to romanticise it.

Because the pathetic ones like you keep holding us back.

Bananas of course.
Mellow, sweet, easy to peel and no seeds.
Peanut butter and banana sandwiches are my fuckin' jam.

Gnosticism jump when?

>>God-Jumpers tell me about your religion.

it is a religion of hope, Acceptance,freedom and Change, a path to not only self empowerment but also self betterment. it is a faith where everyone can tell exactly how good a person they are under its tenants,ask questions of their God and get actual replies. It is a faith that does not actually require faith. it Fixes the Flaws of every major religion in the real world. any people from all would find it a Horrendous amalgamation of the Imperial cult,the Gray Jedi,LaVeyan Satanism,Wicca,Red-Letter christianity,actual critical thinking skills,cultivation oriented Daoism,and hot-blooded Shōnen philosophy.

>Do you amalgamate your cults or do you allow them to venerate you in their own way?

oh I Am very serious about keeping my words and my message clear, if someone has an issue or a Conflict I clarify or correct. The first thing my "Sunday school" teaches is how to Summon a avatar of myself to talk with when guidance is needed. and we are very clear that if you don't turn to me directly and have someone else "interpreting" my will then they're probably manipulating you and that is dealt with quite harshly.

You'd make a shit tier farmer, you'd eat your seed-corn while dreaming of the fancy new tractor you won't afford.

>wonder just how drastically they overestimate how long it takes to get the stuff up and running
All the more reason to start now.

>See, that SONUDS good but what's actually happening is that we're slowly drowning in our own filth and trying to romanticise it.
ALL THE MORE REASON TO START NOW