Warcraft General: Rain and Tears

Just one day more.

Discuss the lore of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium Official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version!
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

>Previous thread

Will we go back in time to original Kalimdor?

Caverns of Time-Troll/Aqir war when?

>shitgame general
get the fuck off our board

>zandalari trolls are presented as the spiritual bedrock of all trolls
>They're joining the Horde
>Hopefully it's just a matter of time before the rest of the troll subraces follow suit

I've been wanting to play as a forest troll since vanilla. I hope we get Revantusk trolls eventually.

Also hoping for eredar.

>Also hoping for eredar.

While I'm all for that, you'd really have to play up their hating the Void, and I doubt many people will take kindly to having the demons who JUST tried to conquer them for the third time signing up alongside them

If light hates void why do void elves and forged draenei are both in the Alliance?

I'm unclear, is there a difference between void and shadow?

One is a vague term for “evil” magic used in the first three Warcraft games and all of World of Warcraft until recently.
The other is a retcon.

Not really. Shadow is just the watered down stuff.

No, they’re literally the same thing, just a different name.

Though you could argue that shadow just draws from the dark reality. While void uses magic straight from old gods and void lords.

Because elves are popular and adding a new elf race might boost subscriptions.

What's your favorite piece of Warcraft art and why?

I like the dynamics and lack of bright colors on the foreground of this one.

This one because I unashamedly enjoy half-naked Amazonian babes appearing to spread their legs in a sexually suggestive manner.
Sure it’s a pretty shallow and superficial reason to like something, but we ARE talking about the fantasy setting equivalent of WWE over here.

Hey, that's not fair.

WWE has feuds actually end. This is like if the NWO never, ever ended.

, Sorry, what’s the WWE?

World Wrestling Entertainment. Professional Wrestling.

Pro-wrestling.
In pro-wrestling storylines (such as they are), a bunch of huge roided-out shouting guys and scantily clad bands pose at each other a lot while talking about their various feuds and battles over shit that mostly is inconsistent and silly.
Character development happens in “stages” that are completely unrelated to each other; a character will act one way for one arc and then act another for the next arc, with no real explanation for the change.
A lot will be talked up about how “skilled” or “powerful” the characters are, but when it comes down to a fight all their “skill” and “power” looks identical to smacking each other in the face a bit until a predetermined victor comes out on top.
And yes despite all this, some fans take it really, really seriously and genuinely think it’s quality stuff despite the actual name for a fan of wrestling meaning “an easily fooled or unsophisticated person”.

>And yes despite all this, some fans take it really, really seriously and genuinely think it’s quality stuff despite the actual name for a fan of wrestling meaning “an easily fooled or unsophisticated person”.

I watch because I enjoy watching two performers do cool athletic stuff (Which is why high fliers are a hell of a lot better than roided out monsters, they can do the crazy stunts). The plots are silly as fuck but they are enjoyably silly (When written right, which they are often not).

I mean, the Undertaker is a Zombie Wizard Biker with a coven of druids and his brother is a demon madman who gets terrible storylines written about him. They are two of the most beloved characters in the industry, anyone who tries to play 'You know it's not real, right?' needs to be smacked upside the head.

Is there a single race that lost more land than the Nightelf? With BfA they lost absolutely everything they ever had. Why does Blizzard constantly portray them as so incredibly incompetent at warfare?

Because they went from 'A faction to match the other two' to 'A single race in a single faction'. They couldn't keep the night elves with their territory because that would give the Alliance like 90% of everything. Sorta like how all the NE units other than the elves themselves stopped existing despite the fact that stuff like Mountain Giants and Chimeras should give the alliance an overwhelming advantage over the Horde.

To add, even the Gnomes have more holdings by now than the Kaldorei.

They will be eventually replaced by the Nightborne, lorewise.

Blizzard has deemed their usefulness over.

What reasons did blizz have to split the factions into two continents? All I can think of is:
>Hey look at all this important land you lost, aren't you angry at each-other? Yeah, that's right go wank off in your new territory to make the other guys more salty so you have a good reason for killing each-other again.
The old territorial balance of power was much better. As cool as it is to think about what each faction can do with their new territories it can't compare to losing so-and-so's ancestral homeland.

they dont want to do neutral zones in the next revamp, so all of kalimdor will be a horde questline while EK one questline for alliance.

Lazy as ever

Please keep this to the weekends.

Also I noticed the 5th ed made WotF and EMfHs passive but Stoneskin only lasts a single round, seems lame.

We went to a really, REALLY tiny version of the Well of eternity (Maybe a focused version of the Well on an island inside the greater Well?) to prep for killing Deathwing.

Both of these are indeed super fucking lazy.

Non-neutral zones are anti lazy. It's twice the work.

What's the best race to roll Ally Pally for? I'm not looking at DEUS VULT faggotry, but compassion for living creatures and stalwart defense of the innocent.

How do I roleplay a Shadow Priest now that all Shadow inevitably leads to the void and SPriests are all Old God worshippers in spite of the fact we spent a couple of expansions preventing the same Old Gods from destroying everything (C'Thun, Yogg)?

How quickly the teachings of Uther faded from memory.

I mean you're more someone stealing the Old Gods' power for your own in the modern fluff.

That's all paladins in general (except blood elves). It's all about characterization.

If a holy priest can wield the light by sharing sentiment with it's purpose without following every naru they see without question, -then likewise can your shadow priest share some of the voids perversions without worshiping every tentacle on the side of the road.
Look at the trolls. I'm sure some of the loa use void magic when thinking of the stuff they use.

Look like something better put and build than Garrosh, TBQH

A good neutral zone is more complicated, because you have to make 2 different questlines for the same area. They will be doing the same until now, but it will look better because Horde won't have to make quests designed for Alliances and vice-versa

>A good neutral zone is more complicated

It's not, it's much more resources to make two separate zones.

Now I desperately want warcraft themed WWE.

>Anduin is making a speech to the crowd about hope and love
>slayer starts playing
>sylvanas walks out with the mic
>ohhhhhhh Anduin, you pathetic little child
>crowd boos
>Nathanos, lor themar, and baine ambush Anduin with steel chairs
>sylvanas is taunting him as the three of them beat him up
>greymane comes sprinting out and decks all 3 of then
>sylvanas is running around the ring taunting him
>greymane screaming and pointing at her from the ropes, absolutely livid
>she retreats while holding up the war chief belt and smiling meniacly

We will get 6 zones just like Legion, 3 for Alliance and 3 for Horde. Its the same work, technically more dedicated. It will look better when there wasn't really any improvement.

That's actually pretty hilarious.

>Tribal drums start playing
>Chanting stars, drums pick up
>Smoke rolls in from the entrance
>Vol'jin rises up from a platform beneath the stage
>Dead silence- and then crowd cheers wildly as he starts walking towards Sylvanas while holding out his hand

So what’s the big neutral battleground zone?

Be sick if it’s just boat battles.

Better than anything Blizzard has done in the last fifteen years.

Who here /Ebon Blade/?

Putress did nothing wrong. Death to the scourge! And death to the living!

Fuck outta here, forskaen-traitor shitters

There's bananas by her left foot

Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior The Lich King?

Niggers, you're standing in Akerus. What the fuck are you doing?

>Akerus
Disgusting

Be sardonically humerus.

Suffer well, my brother.

It's pronounced Akerus.

Because Blizzard see's the Alliance as nothing other than a Lawful Good Overdrive reaction to their true passion, writing for the Horde.

Ironically, Night elves were pushed unto the alliance to keep Kalimdor from being all Horde and the Forsaken into the Horde for Eastern Kingdoms.

It's confirmed will be Arathi for the EK, but it will be instanced and we don't know yet if the zone will phase or change.

It's speculated the equivalent will be Feralas in Kalimdor

The fact that these two posts entertain me more than anything Blizzard has written in years, in regards to WoW, is just sad.

How likely would a mixed faction of Ex Dark-Irons and Ex Dark-Horde be?

I just like the idea of blackrock Orcs, Darkiron Dwarves, Forest trolls with Dires, and Ogres, shit maybe even a rogue Dragonkin or Drakinoid?

And at what era would it be likely that they just fucked off from the mountain as a group?

Those posts are FAR too well booked to be WWE.

Now I kinda wanna see what everyone's WWE theme song would be.

The original writers who did that all left. Not even Metzen, who in spite of his hardon for Thrall (which was really no worse than shit like Rhonin and that abomination that is Medivh's child) wrote that sloppily.

Pretty sure the current head writer since Kosak got put out to pasture in Hearthstone has been there since the beginning. Afrasabi got back in charge.

We literally killed Ragnarok for trying to burn a world tree but the Horde can do it and only the Alliance gets angry.

Makes you think.

Speaking of which, I always wonder how this one guy got so much deeper in the mountain than the rest of the Dire trolls up in LBRS.

I mean it was a shitty world tree, and probably only like five people read Stormrage to learn it eventually got blessed, and that blessing didn't even stick given the Cataclysm quests.

Well in the quests in Cataclysm you are cleansing the last bit and technically it becomes pure, it prolongues elf life but doesn't make them immortal because Nozdourmou didn't bless it.

Also it's like 10 times bigger than Nordrassil, I know this is a by-product of the mapping being pretty bad (and an awful idea to begin with) but still.

I figured that was supposed to imply that it grew rampantly, either out of control or it was forced to by Fandral for the full wooden tower of babel thing it had going.

The tree just looks like a giant bark circle with leaves up top. Yet every picture has it as this special curvy tree with large branches filled with buildings.

How are people questing in there?!

That always did weird me out, the most recent burning art looks the most like the game one, still a little too directly-built-into-the-trunk.

Post goblins!

Do you think Lilian Voss is an interesting character or just a mary sue?

Forsaken should have been an Alliance race.

See, this is what happens when you run these threads outside of the weekends. Burnout and nothing but memes.

Honestly, she started out as a neat little concept (free-willed undead that's horrified by her condition and wants nothing to do with the Forsaken), but she quickly became a DA-tier mess. The revamped versions of SM and Scholomance were pretty shit.

I've been thinking... Where exactly is the majority of the Horde Navy stationed and built, specifically the Orc/Troll/Tauren/Ogre core part that seems to make up the majority of the fleet? They don't seem to have any major port cities like the Alliance yet are able to match it in a pinch.

They have 1 dock outside of orgrimmar. Maybe they have something in northrend?
Maybe booty bay and ratchet lets them do it there?

The goblin city in azashara. They've been reworking the whole area into an industrial site since they lost their home island in cats.

>tfw wow could've started with 4 factions instead of 2, with the option to group with players of different factions to get temporary access to that faction's content

I'm looking at screenshots, but I don't see an actual dock

What would have the other 2 been ?

...this is actually pretty good.

I think he is referring to the factions of wc3, with the assumption that newer races would join their local allies I guess.

Is Stormwind a kingdom or a city-state?

What kind of a retarded question is that? Westfall, Redridge and Duskwood are all a part of the Stormwind Kingdom.

>pic
Look, I know Teldrassil was all corrupted and shit, but why Blizz decided it should be outright arsoned?

>becuz muh faction war
fuck off

>comment
Look, I know change is hated and feared by most, but why do people have to act like a good idea is bad simply because it's different?

>becuz muh I know better than a multi billion dollar company
Fuck off

At this point I'd rather trust George Lucas with Night Elf development than anyone at Blizz. At least George will commit to weird ideas.

Horde needs more reasons to alienate Malfurion, and by extension the Cenarion Circle after doing that on top of adopting the Nightborne and continuing their logging operations.

If I was more hopeful, Baine would finally grow a backbone and start questioning Sylavanas, Saurfang, SOMEONE over the fact that most actions conducted by the Horde lately have dicked over the Tauren in some fashion or another on top of still being left to fend against the centaur even though the Orcs have enough Iron Horde technology leftover to apparently overwhelm the Night Elves. I feel the "core three" are just being used as tools by all the other factions of the Horde, be it the Forsaken, Amani, or the Nightborne themselves. They made this faction for survival, but are liable to be used as cannonfodder by their "allies", and you're left asking what benefits that these alliances of convenience actually have when they're pulling you into a war with half of the world as a result of them?

>Look, I know change is hated and feared by most, but why do people have to act like a good idea is bad simply because it's different?
Change for the sake of it isn't inherently good.
>it was a good idea
Humour me on this, please.

>>becuz muh I know better than a multi billion dollar company
>I disregard everything Blizzard pushed into Warcraft: the post
Now, if you are going to jerk a multi-billion company, then you should go back to the official forums, no?

the horde and alliance have been at war for thirty years, its about time some major cities got burned to the ground. Doesn't mean they can't be rebuilt.

>its all just a ruse for updating old cities and changing the layouts

A-Fuckin Greed.

Sure the bosses and some of the trash got more mechanics, but we lost a lot of the rooms.

They have docks on the inner side of it,m but yeah they're not really visible in-game the most visible in-game docks seem to be on the upgraded post-Cata Zoram Strand base on Ashenvale's coast.

Do orcs rape?

It's a fantasy game, everyone rapes.

Yes or at least they used to. Garona Halforcen is an orc-draenei rape baby.

>Orcs literally use living Draenei to pave a road to the Dark Portal, damning their souls and forcing them into eternal undying agony
>BUT CAN'T MENTION RAPE

I want her to Orc-rape me.

Who's the Vince McMahon in this operation? Metzen?

is Genn the big dog and is this his yard?

Blizz got a lot more PC after either Wrath or TBC. Somewhere around Cata they started smoothing the edge off a lot of their products; they even took away Gazlowe's cigar in Heroes of the Storm.

>damning their souls and forcing them into eternal undying agony

Things that kids can't really imitate seems to get a lot more leeway than actual societal stuff. Hence why parent groups rarely protest stuff with WMDs but do protest stuff with, say, killing hookers.