Concerned citizen here - I know a lot of kids in the playground are getting into "magic cards" and I want to know if I...

Concerned citizen here - I know a lot of kids in the playground are getting into "magic cards" and I want to know if I should let my kids join in.

I had a look online and saw the company aren't exactly very ethical, and promote values I wouldn't want children exposed to - is it possible to have "family-friendly" cards which don't have adult content (homo-sexuals, political content, atheism)? I saw they were using "pin-up" ladies to sell their product and I don't agree with that.

Secondly I heard the cards are poor quality and bend easily - does this mean I'll have to keep buying new ones?

I like this new flavour of post

>Secondly I heard the cards are poor quality and bend easily - does this mean I'll have to keep buying new ones?
Not only that, but if they want to play the official "standard format", every year or so, a good chunk of their cards will no longer be allowed in the game, to make way for new ones.

Bait, but you've put some effort on it.
Take a (you)

Everything is fine.
All the cards are family friendly, everything you heard about the company and sopposidely "bad" cards are promotion material meant to raise awareness of the company and products.

Magic cards are harmless, its gonna be fine!

What could possibly go wrong?

Wow, Jeremy. You are getting very sophisticated with this shit. My guess is that you are now operating at a 9-year old level with mild autism, as opposed to your usual pants-on-head retarded 6-year-old.

Obvious b8.

Pokemin is fer da children. Magic is fer da boyz

Magic is dying. And thank god. There hasn't been a decent set since [X Set], and even that was rather lame. [Y Set] had decent mechanics. I would say [Z Set] is where Magic completely jumped the shark. Now with all this political controversy, and the fact that they are cutting blocks down to a single set to jew the community as much as possible, I can see Magic the Gathering as a sponge full of water that has been almost entirely squeezed out by the greedy hands of Hasbro. As long as good goys like you all keep buying the cards, the game will survive. But that's changing. Their playerbase (the real playerbase, not the normoniggers who buy 1 to 2 packs for their spawn for [X season]) is dying out. Magic will survive on casual play for a while. But honestly? The sets are shit mechanically, constantly coming out with new keywords and then abandoning them forever. They are rapidly filling their design space. It's been years since they put out a [X Format]-viable card.... at least, one that they didn't ban 8 seconds later because it would ruin [Color Combination] players' deck combos or whatever shit, and they autistically screeched on social media until they got their way. And like any good company, Wizards of the Coast (with Hasbro leering overhead pulling their strings and desperately trying to keep the tip of its nose from leaking onto the stage) has been supporting whatever the fuck the community wants, no matter how retarded it is. Ban some YouTube guy because he said something mean toward a precious pussy? Sure! Put traps on the cards to show how progressive they are? Sure. Make absolute trash sets over and over, and make them so fast that non-competitive players hardly have a break or chance to get into them? Sure. Magic is a cash cow that is fast burning itself out. The game is trying to compete with autistic shit like [TCG]. It will die soon, and hopefully it will die with some shred of its dignity remaining.

Probably not, though.

>values I wouldn't want children exposed to
>homo-sexuals, political content, atheism
>"pin-up" ladies
>in one post
Nice. Have a (You).

I'd ditch the bendy cards argument though, it's a very transparently /pol/bait at this point.

Eh. I can see this post working on other sites, maybe reddit, but it’s just got the wrong vibe for somebody posting on Veeky Forums. Worrying about “Pin-up” ladies definitely isn’t something somebody who even just lurks would give a damn about.

This WotC employee makes a good point. We should bicker about personal politics like adults instead of complaining about product quality like children.

I play Magic, Not a single fuck is given by me to the lore, as time goes by I more and more realize it's joust mild gambling. An expansion is joudged mostly for it's long term monetary value of some of his card

I too, am very concerned about [Product N] and want to bad-mouth it on this Four-Chan Board called [board_VarNum]. Also, I am totally not a bot.

>"Well, we tried to kill D&D and failed... I guess onto Magic?"

>is it possible to have "family-friendly" cards which don't have adult content (homo-sexuals, political content, atheism)?
>I saw they were using "pin-up" ladies to sell their product and I don't agree with that.

Solid bait friendo. Well played.

So who else gets a kick out of the thought of some helicopter mom doing some internet research on what their kids are up to and somehow coming up with Veeky Forums as the best place to ask for opinions.

I like how you think user

Ironically DnD deserved it more

>another thinly veiled /pol/ invasion thread

cool

Newfag here, lurker for 4 months.

Why is there so much bot-trolling on MTG? i read about the mtg headquarter scandal or the sjw vs pol bullshit. But who is trying to win here?

have a well-earned (you) for bait that made me laugh.

It's a pasta.

Haven't seen something like this in a while. You earned your (you)

no bots here, only conspiracy autists beating at the door of cards autists with fake bended paper

Captcha was Calle Aurelia

>Rightwing political correct shitposting.

I guess it's new.

Sometimes they overlap.

Hello, fellow image board posters! Are you having a blast playing with your Unstable (tm) cards in the Commander format like me? Make sure to crack some more packs of this hi-la-rious set while this cardboard bonanaza lasts!

Honestly Unstable is the only interesting product Wizards of the Coast has put out in years. You can buy that one.

/pol/ is upset that MTG wants to sell to minorities, since they're a unexplored market. /pol/ naturally thinks this is a jew sjw conspiracy that want to destroy western civilization as we know it and they're rally behind a youtuber who's a real life pepe poster.

>I heard the cards are poor quality
Just like this bait.