Was Imperium Secundus heresy?

Was Imperium Secundus heresy?

No

Yeah, but it fell apart long before people started calling everything heresy.

It may have been treason, but it wasn't heresy.

It was well-intentioned but misguided.

So yes, it was heresy.

Aren't those the same thing?

Yes

how long did it last again?

No. Heresy is an error in interpretation the doctrine, a mistake. Treason is conscious decision, a far more serious thing.

If it wasn't heresy, then why did the Ultramarines under orders from Girlyman destroy and hide all evidence of it? That included assassination by the way.

It was neither heresy nor treason. Guilliman was always gonna be the next Emperor. Why do you think Emperor made him?

uhhhh, given that god is the head of your government, and that your head of state is a god, I'm gonna go ahead and say they're the same thing. Breaking the law is against the word of the emperor, and therefor the imperial creed, so if you commit heresy, it's not only a sin, but inherently treasonous. Being pious is the law, citizen. Also Girlyman is a huge heretic, along with all the loyalists except black templars, the Council of Nikea edict was never rescinded, librarians of all kinds are heresy.

Is mayonnaise heresy?

The Imperial Creed was, somewhat ironically, heresy at the time.

Heresy hadn't been invented yet, OP.

"HERESY" DOES NOT MEAN "CRIME"

No. It was treason, but not heresy

because it was treason, idiot

blasphemy =/= heresy

and The Emperor wasn't worshipped as a god

so it's neither heresy nor blasphemy

it's treason

Imperium Secondus made sense. It's a continuation of government given what Guilliman knew at the time, which was an impossible warp storm was blocking everything and that the Astronomicon, which the Emperor personally powered, was gone.

So naturally, he goes and says 'Shit, all evidence is showing that the Imperium got trashed. I need to preserve forces to defend the bastion of what's left, and then reconquer the rest once the storm passes'.

If anything, that's pretty much loyal. Just a mistake based on info he couldn't have had.

I am kind of wondering what Guilman is excactly doing in that picture

Audibly marveling at infrastructure ?

It isn't treason then. Imperium Secundus was built on an error since Guilliman interpretated the extinction of the Astronomican as a sign that the Emperor was dead. Imperium Secundus was a mistake, litteraly.

Guilliman and the Ultramarines weren't the only ones involved though. The entire Dark Angels and Blood Angels legions, several Imperial Fists including Pollux, some Astartes from the Shattered Legions... They all knew what happened in Ultramar and said nothing. Guys like Pollux and Azkaellon survived the Heresy, they could have informed Dorn and the surviving primarchs, especially during the whole Codex Astartes dispute. They didn't. Or they did but everybody agreed it wasn't worth screeching autistically about that stuff.

>Guilliman's off on another passion project. That guy has to calm down
>Curze is still running around on Sotha, fml
>This throne makes my wings ache
>The Lion takes this chivalry shit way too seriously
>Macragge is way too cold and hectic
>I hope I never this that Ka'Bandha again
>Should I talk to someone about my sons' thirst for blood?
>I miss Baal

I want to slap whoever decided to make Sanguinius into fucking goldilocks.

It's canon that his blond hair is a wig. Also I see White Scars in OP. Are they even in the book?

>It's canon that his blond hair is a wig
What?

Still better than Mullet El'Neckbeard.

>wig canon

First HH book it says big S has black hair, but he wears a blond shawl or whatever it's called. It's why in that picture his eyebrows are black.