Have you ever played D&D with modern(ish) guns available?

Have you ever played D&D with modern(ish) guns available?

Getting ready to do that right now with a metro-ish post-apoc setting. All my players chose swords for their starting weapons. They are in for a shock.

I've played that one Pathfinder adventure where you go to Imperial Russia. Does that count?

Yes. We just SKRRAAAAAAAAAAAAA'd those bastards and won every time because half plate can't stop bullets.

did you get guns?

But the weapon does not affect attack bonus only damage...

Gmed homebrewed Dark Sun for 5e. Made it so the world wasn't Athas but our world just ruined. Session 3. They find a vault of old world stuff. Find 3 hand guns. Beginning of session 4. a fight breaks out amounts my 3 players. Shoot each other with said hand guns. 2 die and the third bleeds out and they wipe.
Fast party wipe/10 would play again.

>the guy on the right

depends on what rules you're using.

Yeah you can loot off some conscripts.

Why would you want to kill Rasputin?

Played a campaign with an OSR system modified to support pre-1890s firearms. It was a blast - guns were top tier, but there was enough weaboo fightan magic and shitty reliability that melee was fun and viable.

Ended up turning into a game about heists and revolutions rather than dungeoneering and globe-trotting, but it was still fun.

That's not a thing.
Is that a thing? It can't be a thing.

My god.

That's a thing.

God have mercy.

What's wrong with it?
I don't play pathfinder but I have to admit that it sounds like a cool campaign. Rasputin was a really interesting guy, or at least the mythological stuff around him is pretty interesting, and obviously for a game of D&D that's all you'd be working with anyway. What's the big deal?

Yep, played a paladin of Murlynd in a Greyhawk campaign. The look on the DMs face was priceless when I proved the fucking cowboy demigod was canon to the setting.

>Implying leaving guns nearby during a D&D game won't lead to the players shooting themselves for playing D&D

>more like this?

theres a Victorian Fantasy campaign oging on by 4E guys right now.

I currently plan a campaign where one dwarven kingdom advanced in magitech and golem artifice brought magic skynet over themselves and are fighting a losing battle against the sentient machines for centuries now.
They still have the basic plans, but not the ressources, detailed knowledge or facilities anymore to provide more than just simple gunpowder weapons on par with muskets.
But they have managed to preserve a few artifact weapons that are basicly assault rifles and grenade launchers.

Muskets are available but not widely spread yet in the rest of the world due to some trade and dwarves who fucked off to greener grass instead of fighting a hopeless fight for a scorched wasteland.

Nothing, the only things Paizo does well is publishing weird adventures their core fans hate. Iron Gods is probably the best adventure path, and this is easily the best thing about Reign of Winter.

Not only is it a thing, but's an integral and canon, if minor, part of the Golarion campaign setting.

We had muskets as a rare weapon that could be bought only in certain locations

Its a legit stance. Probably the most effective way to be accurate on the move.

Source?

user, some people cannot deal with the ol' hothand.

They do not know the joys of pulling spaghetti directly from boiling water like you and I.

Nausicaa