Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/changeling-the-lost-2nd-edition
theonyxpath.com/one-of-a-kind-deviant-the-renegades/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/summer-summer-summer-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
The most fitting character from the last piece of media you consumed is now joining your coterie/pack/whatever. Which character and why are they most appropriate?
>New Geist preview
theonyxpath.com/all-souls-day-preview-geist-the-sin-eaters/
>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/variations-on-a-theme

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=1CyYaPLEDRq5LuAcPb0I6MRrdtbYnY3tE
drive.google.com/open?id=1QYA3lo1Duv1KNHw1F170ej4yaqUC-La-
drive.google.com/open?id=1hk2kFgY9bRuOGWqF_UwLMoXOxQbatJ5E
sjgames.com/gurps/books/MageTheAscension/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Obrimos

>Any of the Cuphead bosses joins Motley.
Pretty good taking in account that most of them would be pretty easy to bash into Seemings and some custom Kiths.

Molly from Rivers of London joins up. She would make a good nosferatu/some kind of embraced fae touched.
I haven't yet reached part where her origin in book is explained but from what it looks like she is some kind of fae creature that can suffer from bloodlust, does eerie floating around and dresses like a french maid

Summer court best court

It's the most Veeky Forums court at least

Sisko would probably be a damn fine hunter

Could a single Acanthus master take down an entire Freehold?

I certainly can appreciate their fire power. Makes our research expeditions so much safer. #CourtSolidarity

Depends will the ST even let you near a Changeling freehold?

Assume that he does allow it

>Which character and why are they most appropriate?
the real question is - Lasombra, Vetrue Antitribu, or post Great Prank Malkavian?

Depends on the location of the freehold, the court in power, the population size, the various contracts and oaths each Changeling has, is their a huntsman? What if a member of the gentry is their? What if its all in the hedge? Why are you trying to turn a personal horror game into a power fantasy?

>Could a single Acanthus master take down an entire Freehold?

Yes, but no one like a bully.

Possibly. A Cabal of Masters? Yeah, that Freehold is finished.

I think it'd be more in the master's interest to BEFRIEND the freehold than antagonize it

Interestingly enough there is no peep about Wyrd having anything to do with fate in CtL2.

A Master Acanthus is like Zagreus(Daeva Methuselah) but worse. His power alone would be able to topple any single Vampire Princedom. On a whim.

>Interestingly enough there is no peep about Wyrd having anything to do with fate in CtL2

>#ChangelingDenial

Dark Decree is pretty cool. Comparable to Fate 4 but with much less control. The cost is stupid though.

>I think it'd be more in the master's interest to BEFRIEND the freehold than antagonize it

Most changelings would probably be terrified of an Acanthus or other Fate master. If certain changeling allied with such a mage, it would upset any political balance in the Freehold.

A known mage master of Fate would likely be studiously avoided, and only contacted in the most dire of circumstances.

>magefags already invading

reeeee

Prerequisites are stupid. Cost is alright for a power designed by lazy bum that got bored

The invasion happened a long time ago. This place has already been colonized by the Magedom.

Ventrue

Yeah, but why is this the case? The master wouldn't just attack them out of the blue.

It's not fear, just wariness. Mages don't just put on mustaches and tophats and become 'le evil xD'

There's no reason why they would be scared of a fucking wizard unless the guy legitimately hates anything fae.

How is Rivers of London? I've ben looking for a new book series.

Humor is very dresdenesque. And it has a lot of talk about police work so if you want to run a chronicle based around that it might be a good pick. It didn't grip me tho

Yeah, but why do that when you could solve the actually interesting Mysteries of the city?

A single acanthus master can send every fucking knob chomping changeling in a campus sized area (and everybody else too) into the far future for an indefinite amount of time. (He ends the spell or it gets dispelled.)

Does that count as taking down a freehold if they just vanish and are never seen again?

Temporal Stutter ftw!

Look user if you want mages that are not complete douches play ascension. Or if you want people that figure out stuff and are humans with magic powers in CofD grab that geist. Maybe that will convince opp to speed up second ed

If I wasn't at work, I would post the screencap of Dave opining on why Acanthus can upset changeling institutions and culture (similar to a Thyrsus' affect on werewolves).

>Yeah, but why is this the case? The master wouldn't just attack them out of the blue.

You don't understand. We're not talking about Mages here. We're talking about /wodg/ Mages here, who do any and everything at all times because they can.

No seriously. Check manuscript. Wyrd is Equivalent Exchange now. Even I am confused.

>Equivalent Exchange
Full Metal Changeling

It's canon that mages are absolute turds

Ain't no changeling risking talking to an acanthus, no less a master

Exactly.

It seems that the True Fae are all about the Story. But that's primarily them insisting that Changeling is side-character in theirs and True Fae is main protagonist/antagonist.

I don't play vampire. What about fate magic would fuck up local supernatural politics?

...Really?

Besides the obvious blowing shit up aspect.

Zagreus says "The Prince will be undone by his childe"

It happens. Only not when he wants it to. Now picture a Fate Adept doing that but better.

>and people say fate isn't overpowered

What Arcanum isn't overpowered relative to the supernatural abilities of any other splat.

The Arcana are, however, fairly balanced against one another, the only thing that really matters for a Mage chronicle.

>I need one mage to be able to destroy an entire community of a splat. It's the only way I can achieve orgasm anymore.
>Why would said community avoid mages? I need them to like me!

Mage should be able to wreck all other games without much effort on my part, b-but it doesn't matter because cross-splat shouldn't happen.

So, I don't remember. What do Demons do when if they accidentally buy cover from minor supernatural template without either of them knowing?

The whole theme of Mage is 'A god am I."

It shouldn't be the case that some Mages are liked and friends with various supernatural splats. It should be the case that Mages are worshipped and feared as Gods by various supernatural splats.

Isnt that impossible? The cover seller needs to be aware of the pact?

Look, I'm sorry. I don't know what's gone wrong in your life, but people might show you more sympathy if you weren't such an asshole all the time.

Be getting into UFO lore recently.

Obviously in WoD like five different things could (and do in some splats) explain aliens, but what's the answer in YOUR setting?

Mages are egotistical morons so any Changeling worth his salt would be able to screw them out of house, home and power in a matter of days.

Mistery. You should not look into that, kiddo.

You break into mage house and found yout that every furniture piece in a kithen has photos with faces ducttaped to them. Your next step.

I think it is a reasonable comparison. Nobody complains about Exalted or Scion being overpowered and able to trash things in white-room battles. Because that's the whole point. You are playing gods.

Mages are gods. Well humans are gods, its major gnostic theme.

>cool NPC wakes up
>worst clan (Ravnos) gets btfo
>fun crossover opportunity
Why do we hate the Week of Nightmares again?

Personally i dont like when balance\ game design changes explained with lore standpoint.

They don't need to fully understand or take it seriously, though.

What if someone say "I'cover you" to a demon and demon uses that play on words ability?

She'd probably be a great addition to the pack. She has basically all the secondary abilities of a werewolf, like the heightened senses, and makes up for the lack of shapeshifting with a lifetime of operating operationally. I think there was a period in her character arc when it'd make sense for her to fall in with a gang of surly werewolves, too.

Do adamantium claws do agg, you think?

>Do adamantium claws do agg, you think?
Magically perfected metals do agg?

That would be fucking great.

is adamantium a magically perfected metal, if not then no

its just a high durability with maybe Armor Piercing metal

I meant what if Cover seller is aware of the pact but neither they nor Demon know that "mortal" isn't just mortal?
Most exaggerated example: fetch.

Well that would be a really awkward conversation when the changeling comes to take his life back.
>"Hi I'm double-fake you."

It doesnt matter.

What circumstances do you think it'd matter in?

On the one hand adamantium isn't technically magical. On the other hand, it somehow cuts through shit it really shouldn't be able to cut through.

The one above

Would it be compromise that Demon is unable to automatically sense Changelings presence (which Fetches are supposed to be able to do, after their Changelings return)?

Well yeah, they wouldn't be able to.
Demons don't get the powers of any template they take a Cover from.

Sounds like a garbage fire compared to 1e. It will probably be just as poorly edited too.

OPP should do Aliens

they havent really done them yet and it mit be fun. Like you could have Space aliens, Lovecraftian aliens, extra-dimensional aliens.

Other: The Unknowable

We have extra dimensional ones already. And they love to kidnap people to experiment upon.

>Exalted or Scion being overpowered
They don't get white roomed because they don't have any other lines in their 'metaverse'. They are there own thing. Exalted avoids it by just saying Solars>*

Also they don't get white roomed in this general because they aren't fucking world of darkness.

do you want to talk about jews, palestine and brucato instead? Be happy that some people actually talk about the game, however distorted, instead having ideological hysterias

But would it count as Compromise? Or telling Changeling so it won't kill you in misguided effort of reclaiming their life, for that matter?

True but they're layered in the fairy culture, which is getting ramped up in 2e since now we know WAY more about the Gentry

I think I've spent too long trying to come up with some clever way to interject here, so fuck it:

The next session of Boston Lights, /wodg/'s very own Mage Chronicle, is available right now! We left on quite the cliffhanger last time!
drive.google.com/open?id=1CyYaPLEDRq5LuAcPb0I6MRrdtbYnY3tE

The first two sessions and everything you need to know!
drive.google.com/open?id=1QYA3lo1Duv1KNHw1F170ej4yaqUC-La-

Mortals, session 1, for the plebs!
drive.google.com/open?id=1hk2kFgY9bRuOGWqF_UwLMoXOxQbatJ5E

>On the one hand adamantium isn't technically magical. On the other hand, it somehow cuts through shit it really shouldn't be able to cut through.

>TFW Anons believe we're discussing the Chronicles of the Marvel Superhero Universe, not the CofD.

Aren't they literally talking about a Marvel thing? Is Femverine not actually Marvel somehow?

Telling the Changeling would be a Compromise roll but probably worth it.

>tell the changeling so it wont kill you..

Thinking a demon would be scared of a changeling.....

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

How festive

Changelings can throw magic in public and pissing off one is missing off the entire local community.

/wodg/ werewolf the Forsaken game where ???

Pitch it bruh.

Changelings aren't that well connected if one disappeared confronting his fetch alone they are unlikely to suspect or do anything short of their motley looking into it.

Lasombra as fuck.

Or, in NWoD, the Daeva bloodline with Nightmare.

Lupin is still cute as ever and Lucius is still daddy.

>he says, having obviously never read anything about Changeling and not even knowing what the entire point of Freeholds is
I hope everyone can see how pointless it would be to carry on with this argument.

>Freehold vs. Consilium

>Let's get ready to rumble...

How is that GURPS Mage?

There's a GURPS Mage?

Ummm, ok. That's like throwing a rock(changeling) at a tank(mage)

>There's a conversation that isn't about mage. Let's make it all about Mage

Yeah, for Ascension. Long out of print though.
sjgames.com/gurps/books/MageTheAscension/

>Mortals, session 1, for the plebs!
Pish posh lazy bum get the next one going

I can't control schedules, punk.

Whip your players into shape twat.

But seriously tho I will give mage session a read. Maybe it will get me interested in Awakening

>Freehold
>Group of abuse victims out for their own interest and protection
>if you fuck up and the court deal it self doesn't protect you people will assume the worst
>The least likely group of people to go out on a limb for anyone outside of their motley, so much so they make literal deals with those people so they can't fuck them because they don't trust anyone.
I just don't see an entire freehold going to bat because one member vanished. It doesn't make any sense. If they were attacked sure. But wandering off to confront your fetch alone like was described? What happens with fetches isn't even the courts business.

Go for it.