Pic related has now been transported to the 40k galaxy, with all of his various forces...

Pic related has now been transported to the 40k galaxy, with all of his various forces. How do things go for the various factions therein?

The amount of salt pouring into this thread from 40kiddos will be enough to power an army of robots.

DC operates at a higher level than 40k can muster.

Ah, Silver Age. You and your glorious insanity.

Fifth Chaos God is born. He wages endless war against the Four because he thinks the Warp is Anti-Life Equation. He ocassionally fuck with Big E and Robot like he used to Superman.

His model is stupidly expensive.

True Darkseid wouldn't be alligned with the Chaos forces since his goal is in complete opposition of their philosophy.

Darkseid isn't.

Yeah, I can't really see Darkseid aligning himself with the Ruinous Powers. Especially since the Four don't really have anything to truly offer him.

So how powerful is Darkseid himself actually? I know the Anti-Life Equation was the biggest thing he did, but what else has he got?

He's powerful enough to make Superman his bitch on more than one occasion and survive whatever onslaught Supes is able to throw at him.

Of course, DC being what it is, he'll also job horribly when the story requires making someone else look badass whenever the writers deem it appropriate as well.

>So how powerful is Darkseid himself actually?
batman can pwn him. batman is like a rare imperial commissar level badass. so darkseid is about as powerful as an ork warboss.

You know how every time Datkseid appears, and all the heroes rush to defeat him, and sometimes they seemingly manage to win? Yeah, as it turns out, those beings aren't actually Darkseid. They're splinters of Him, tiny tendrils of the true entity intruding into reality. The One True Darkseid is a cosmic horror so great and malign that even in Its dying throws, the shadow cast from it's broken and withering Essence would STILL cause the entire Multiverse to die with him.

You've gone a few too many levels of deep there to be effective bait. Try again.

Was that in the Kirby books? Because I'm pretty sure Highfather is as great as that.

Batman is more like the Emperor if he didn't bother using any of his god-like powers to get an edge over the competition.

He could probably one-shot Cthulhu if he were given enough prep time and handies from the writing staff.

batman beat darkseids ass a couple of times it's canon

On your knees for the master! The hour has come! HE has come! Who is beyond good and evil? Who is the prophet of Anti-Life? Who is the Rock, the Chain, and the Lightning? All powerful! All unforgiving! All conquering! WHO IS YOUR NEW GOD NOW AND FOREVER?

Darkseid is.

His strength will crush your bodies! Superman place is under his heel!

His durability will end your hopes! Send your greatest weapons and see that they can not harm Anti-Life Incarnate! And he is immortal!

His telepathic powers will enslave you. His will broke the minds of the Daxamites during the Great Darkness Saga!

His telekinetic powers move worlds and he creates shields that no physcial force can penetrate as seen during The Rock of Ages!

His reign over the motherboxes makes it that reality bends itself to Darkseid's will! There is no place Darkseid can't go even your favorite couch isn't safe!

His is the Omega Effect! He will may obliterate you from existence with his gaze from which there is no escape or he may the cast Omega Sanction upon you! The ultimate torture!

All is one in Darkseid. His mighty body is our church. When He command your surrender, he speak with three billion voices. When He make a fist to crush your resistance. It is with three billion hands. When He stares into your eyes and shatter your dreams. And break your heart. It is with six billion eyes! Nothing like Darkseid has ever come among you. Nothing will again. He will take you to a hell without exit or end. And there He will murder your souls! And make you crawl and beg! And die! Die! Die for Darkseid!

nah he is ciaphas cain level at best

see Bat wank is the only reason why Batman is as "powerful" as he is. You might as well cite Squirrel Girl beating Thanos off screen that one time as a reason for why she's stronger than the Hulk.

Final Crisis actually, which sought to reinvigorate interest in the New Gods, and Darkseid most especially, because they were being treated as "Generic Cosmic Divinities #198078555^23" for faaaaaaar too long, instead of the supremely-powerful beings we were supposed to recognize them as.

Pretty sure there was a classification of pyscher that threw tantrums that made this look like child's play.

>Start off as a single character
>Gets turned into SPOOPY MULTIDIMENSIONAL MONSTER CTHULHU COSMIC HORROR
Oh fuck off.

No (You).

I must save this image for great justice.

He gets mugged by Necromundan underhivers and dies from starvation. He might survive by eating rats, although this may anger the mutant rat cults and lead to him being sacrificed.

Preface: I'm much more /co/ than Veeky Forums so if I'm wrong on the 40k stuff please correct me.

It would be interesting, as Darkseid is a totally orthogonal force to Chaos, and yet he isn't likely to team-up with anyone.

I think the big question is whether or not the Anti-Life equation exists in the 40k universe. If it does, he'll focus his efforts on finding it. If he finds it, the universe effectively dies. There's no army of heroes here to stop him, or Monitors to intervene to help them. Full-power ALE Darkseid is one of the greatest threats imaginable.

If it doesn't and there's no way back I have no clue. I imagine he'd just try to cause as much havoc and misery as possible, but that's already the status quo. I can see him temporarily aligning with the Imperium to take down Chaos only to reveal he merely wanted to usurp the throne, not destroy it, and he becomes Chaos Undivided or something.

Darkseid is a festering fucking wound, and the best thing for everyone involved is if he got taken out early by whoever. Otherwise he ends up taking over as the ultimate big bad.

He worked his way back to the top of the food chain.(TIGERFORCE AT THE CORE OF ALL THINGS) But boy was it humilating.

How about Yawgmoth? From Magic the Gathering. I know this is about 40K but I've got to get a BBEG for this high fantasy exalted-esque game, and I wonder who would be a better villain to look for ideas. Hell, if you've got other villains I should look at, tell me. I need inspiration.

Would the ALE work on necrons and daemons? How about 'Nids? In the comics I thonk there are ways of nullifying it and some people are immune.

Granted, if he manages to gain control if the other races he'd be pretty unbeatable. Humans, eldar, orks (maybe tau, not sure if the ethereal control would counter it) combined would stomp everything.

I'd imagine anything that's sentient life would be susceptible. Necrons probably would be a blind spot, Nids could go either way (are they sentient enough for him to crush their minds?), daemons I'd actually see him controlling. He has a demonic army already, surely he has experience in that regard.

>other races combined
This was his plan in DC too I guess. He literally tells Superman he's become irrelevant because once Darkseid becomes everything, Superman will be the enemy of all existence. There the question is moral - is Supes willing to potentially destroy everything for revenge against Darkseid, but for the vastly more unethical 40k people the question is "can we even stop him".

Considering that in Final Crisis it took an impossible time bullet and a divine Miracle Machine with the power and purity of Superman, I'd go with 'no, they're fucked'.

Sure you can if the Necrons still have the tech. They can literally write things out of reality, it's how they killed one of the C'tan.

C'tan are LEAGUES below Darkseid. Do remember that Darkseid isn't a "being", not in the usual sense. Darkseid is a Platonic Ideal, a cosmic force of Evil all across the multiverse and thus can only truly be harmed by weapons and beings that are themselves Platonic Ideals.

DARKSEID IS

ALL IS ONE IN DARKSEID

DARKSEID ISN'T, Darkseid isn't...

>Implying the Necrons cant pull out some bullshit retcon super weapons
Nigga, hold my crystaline gobblet.

There is a surprising lack of 40kids' tears in this thread. Didn't these types of threads used to be full of arguments and hordes of 40kids screaming and crying and shitting everywhere? It's surprisingly good now.

Maybe it's just one of those days where people are off doing something else.

On a tangential note, could Jodorowsky's universe beat 40k?

There isn't exactly a lot that 40kids can say in such a thread without looking like idiots (well, even bigger idiots than they already are). DC operates on levels of powervthat most settings can only dream of achieving in any real capacity, and it's medium-tiers alone could wipe the floor with most settings, including shit like Nobilis or Exalted. 40kids really don't have what it takes to win out in a debate involving DC characters, all said.

I'm a 40kid and I would Die For Darkseid. Darkseid is supreme. Its like the Lovecraft thread, 40k is not on the same powerlevel as those two franchises and that's OK.

>and that's OK.
Wow, that's something I never thought I'd hear from a 40kid in a power level pissing contest thread. Maybe I'm being too hard on the 40k audience.

Darkseid would be a prime example of a an Lord of Law. Think about it. He seeks to impose absolute order to all of existence.

>Trying to Defy Darkseid
You shall know suffering unparalleled, worm. You shall die a thousand-thousand deaths, each more agonizing than the last. You shall die over and over, without end nor beginning, and you shall do so until you come to embrace the true glory that is The Tiger Force In All Things. And once that happens, you shall at last meet your final death, your ultimate ending. But do not despair, for it shall be a good death, as you will Die For Darkseid

Also the fact that DC has Cosmic Armor Superman, who is literally WELL IM WHATEVER YOU ARE BUT PLUS ONE

Dc villains look straight retarded.

This nigga literally has a lil harem of zombie robins, I mean seriously that is terrible. Just terrible.

Well, you've got the younger people who worship all of it like it's Star Wars, the intended audience (tabletop gamers), and people who like it for the story. The last group is the most reasonable group.

I imagine the most setting breaking thing would be boomtubes

Well it's basically a crossover where everyone is Batman or some shit like that. So there is a theme there.

Technically, they're a bunch of Evil Batmen that hail from the Dark Multiverse, and they're in fact the direct embodiments of all of Batman's deepest fears, as well as his own regrets.

Carpool Buddies of Doom is true bliss

New Gods were always that tho. Kirby is that kind of writer.

Its the same thing with all religions. One time looking at Zeus kills you. Another time Arachne outsews the goddess of arts and craft. One time Heracles is a sun god, the next he is a mortal hero posthumously elevated to godhood by his legend.

Superheros are myth and not fantasy. Heroes are dreams not mortals. This means Jimmy Olson can oneshot 360 noscope Darksied.

I mean, he's pretty much Malal isn't he?

>beings that are themselves Platonic Ideals.

Is that why Superman always kicks his ass, because he's the platonic ideal of heroism?

I thought that was only the thought robot though

Not exactly fair since Thought Robot Superman is explicitly meta, and is defined as being as powerful as he needs to be in order to save the day, as he is in fact forged from the platonic ideal of heroism and hope

I’ve never really read comics. It seems more interesting to just hear second hand what kind of crazy shit happens in them.

>Calling 40k fans 40kids
>Reads comics and knows about them intimately
Really makes you think

They have some interesting plotlines but the majority of the time it's going to come off as aimed at teens/manchildren

Kirby literally defined the Black Racer as merely an aspect of Death. The idea of New Gods being part of a bigger whole was there from the beginning. Morrison and 90s writers just expanded on it

It was added in in the 90s that quite a few losses of Darkseid were either Desaad dressing/shapeshifting as Darkseid (which apparently gives him enough confidence to access his own godly powers) or that it was just an avatar/shard of Darkseid, an extension of his will that did stuff while the core of his being was off being a god and stuff.

It was basically so that writers could use him, and not have him win, without it affecting the overall New Gods as a whole.

Morrison's addition in Final Crisis, which has been followed since then by writers generally but not always, is that interactions with the New Gods were skewed so you could only interact with a mere fraction of them, and that mere fraction is what the heroes had always been interacting with. So in Final Crisis, the diseased, dying core of Darkseid's being, dying after the events of Death of the New Gods (which was, given Morrison's explanation merely a fraction of the true event happening, twisted for , mortal understanding), decided to drag reality with him into death. He lost because some people from the future gave Superman a literal Deus Ex Machina to win.

The story was written as basically an allegory, 'cause Morrison loves tying in real life to comics, and vice versa. It was looking at how hope and the human spirit (Superman and the Deus ex Machina, symbolically) are greater and better than depression/despondency (Darkseid) and cynicism and grimderp (Mandrakk, a stand in for vampiric and cancerous editors).

Hypercrisis is real

>batfag
>like the emperor

Jesus fuck you are retarded.

Darkseid would kill the Emperor after chastising him for thinking too small.
He would then proceed to make all that is Darkseid’s - everything known, and unknowable.
Darkseid is, motherfucker.

(̻͇̪̺͇̻̎̎͒̓l̴̡͍͎̻̼͎͖̗̓̽͗̔̉̍̔̍͂å͎̾̌ͩ̔ͤ̂͜u̙͇̭̳̙̩̥̥ͬ̏ͅg̢̯͈͇̹̬͎̺̖̉̽͛ͪ̎̇h̘̭̘͐ͨͨ̆̽̓̚͞s͔̦͉̗͔͇̍ͧ̊͛̍ ̴̛̳̦̫̰̙͉́̕i̢͕̥͖̻ͮ̀͝n̰͌͋͗̔ ̘̝̙̝͓̈́ͮ̏͐k̫̪̻͈͚̹̋ͨ̎ͣ̿ͧ͟e̥͚̪͈͈̬̝͉͇͒̃̇̑̔͑̓ͦ͠ỳ̷̠̟͚̯͖ ̮̺̗͈̪̔͌̕͞a̞̭̹̰̖̜͊n̻̝͖ͯ̃͂̿͂͜͝ḑ̸̝̺̖̜̼̦ͦ̈ͩͨ̆ͤ͆͊ ̴̰̟̟͖͚̰̜̬̀̔ͣ̿ͤ͒͞g̫̳̭̓̔ͭ̑͒̀̌͠å̴̫̗̐t̝͓̘̱͆ͪͬ́̈́̈͆͊e͇̪̯͕̤͉͕͛̾ͩ̋͊̍͊͢)̗ͪ̚
̸̜͇͍̫̜̬͇̃͛ͧͮͯ̋͟͞

>The amount of salt pouring into this thread from 40kiddos will be enough to power an army of robots.
>DC operates at a higher level than 40k can muster.

No, it doesn't.

It operates at whatever the fuck level it wants to with zero consistency from author to author.

>It operates at whatever the fuck level it wants to with zero consistency from author to author.
That's something 40k and DC have in common!

Can it be Femseid instead?

This looks like a real Christian Chick Tract, love the improvement

Is there a name for the blue one?

New Gods could btfo a decent amount of the galaxy and discover a cozy nest for themselves

Darkseid would love the shit out of the Emperor. Would eventually supercede him and take control of that empire. No faction in 40k has any tools to handle him, unless non-ruinous power Gods intervene handidly. Gork and Mork is best bet. Nothing Orky about Darkseid

Either he jobs to the current writer's favorite plot armored space marine or Darkseid definitely wins.

According to official stats though, she's Galactus level.

Pretty much the exact opposite.

>Nothing Orky about Darkseid
He's one of the most brutal and cunning beings in the universe.

Please, Darkseid was so, so low in power and even still managed to omega beam Bats' ass

Pretty sure it is one, just with the word bubbles replaced.

Goddammit, Yoggy.

All forces would Die for Darkseid even the Tyranids but there is one power that can challenge Darkseid's might and even surpass it: The Great Undivided

Ctrl + f: chair
>> No results

He'd appear on the Emporer's throne the second someone blinked and just chill

He'd barely need to do much personally. He's got tons of Parademons, his elite can conquer planets by themselves, at best he'd send an avatar.

>namefag feels compelled to defend his shitty setting

Isn't that stuff just Chaos propaganda to make certain cults feel better about themselves and their shitty life choices?

Pfft, no. Even the fucking Emperor has never done anything like that.

there isn't, I legitimately have no Idea what you're talking about

Nah, exact opposite ideologies. Malal is anarchy personified, whereas Darkside is the god of, and the personification of, Tyranny and total control or the desire of it.

user he's a literal high tier god with the capability to imprison death personified, what'd you expect?

It's not even propaganda. It's the theory of WHFB scholars and the text itself says they don't understand Chaos at all.

In reality, Chaos Undivided doesn't exist outside of three people in both warham settings.

The most powerful psyker act was the Catalexis Heresy in which a psyker controlled every mind of 1.300 worlds.
The most destructive showing of a psykers abilites was probably the Emperor's Storm that destroyed thousand worlds during the Age of Apostasy.

Lawful Evil vs Chaotic Neutral?

>I'm adding the first half of the text for better comprehension

I could be a daemon's lie or it could be the primordial truth of the cosmos. Such is the joy of Chaos. I like the idea of Chaos Undivided because it changes Chaos from space satanism to space hinduism.

There is the Mark of Chaos Undivided...

Don't try arguing Chaos, you'll only summon the Chaosgod of Autism.

This please

Comics are shit and there's awful powercreep because they have to show that every new villain is a threat. 40k is way over the top but I'm not sure if it can even compete. You post anything from 40k and someone can pull some bullshit oneshot throwaway villain who is touted as some kind of god.

FOR T H I C CSEID!

I wished Darkseid looked like he was presented in these obscure shows of power. It would be so great

This. The vast majority of comics are some of the most poorly written """stories""" I've ever read

not as far as I can remember. even with Star Trek, 40kiddies often just went "well if you go by the book numbers, obviously Star Trek would win because they make phasers Lances and ship weapons death stars. But if you look at what's shown on screen there's a contest"

Yeah, I like a lot of comics but capeshit is one of the worst trends to happen in a while. Comics were more fun when they didn't try to be insanely serious, now they try too hard to be adult and fall completely flat. There are some decent ones, but the rule is they read either like childrens' stories or prime time TV dramas.

Slaanesh would be okay with that.