What's Veeky Forums stance on the concept of the Eternal Champion and everything it entails?

What's Veeky Forums stance on the concept of the Eternal Champion and everything it entails?

Other urls found in this thread:

thriftbooks.com/series/eternal-champion/42906/
youtube.com/watch?v=JJyEuV7Alds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Eternally repetitive.

I find it to be a fascinating reconstruction of the hero's journey.

A hero whose purpose who will sacrifice everything he cares about for the greater good and never hoping to be happy or content. Subject to the whims of an unseen force he can never hope to understand.

Are the books worth a read?

It was a cool Genesis game

That you've made this thread about 3 too many times and should kill yourself.

Appropriate, perhaps given the subject I reckon.

Definitely. They're great imo.

Read just the Elric stuff for a wild ride.

Or read literally all of it in in-universe chronological order for a REALLY wild ride.

Absolute shit that needs to be topic-banned from the board.

Is there a list for reading it in that order?

Not particularly since events overlap into one another.
It's fucking nuts though. Well worth the time.

Christopher, you've stepped down. You don't need to trouble yourself with this anymore.

>Or read literally all of it in in-universe chronological order for a REALLY wild ride.
Seconded it's a fucking ride.

The books are great. Middle ones where written first so they are the roughest. but the first 2 and and last 2 are fantastic. And

Shit gets REALLY insane in Son of the Wolf. The villains gathering the items of power in order to remove the Balance.
Granbretan gets nuked if i recall.

Yep. Just picked up my copy. Colonel Bastable nukes Granbretan.

how do you pronounce melniboné anyway?

You pronounce it melniboné. Why?

Well, now I feel foolish

c'mon man, you're better than this. is it mellnybonae or meelnaibonae? is there a third way im not considering?

>meelnaibonae
Anglos need to fix their shit already

Aight, shitposting aside i belive it's mel-ni-bone-AY

I'm trying to figure out the chronological order.

>What's Veeky Forums stance on the concept of the Eternal Champion and everything it entails?

Good in books, bad for RPGs.

mell-ni-bonAY maybe? bone-ay hurts my toung

thriftbooks.com/series/eternal-champion/42906/

mel-KNEE-boh-NEH, kind of rhymes with "a-weema-weh" in The Lion Sleeps Tonight.

>thriftbooks.com/series/eternal-champion/42906/
Correct in theory but needs updating.

Mel-NEE-bonay?

City in the Autumn Stars really packs on the drugs towards the end.

>What's Veeky Forums stance on the concept of the Eternal Champion and everything it entails?
All-consuming metafictional concepts that try to reframe any and all stories in their own multiversal context, as if they were actually all taking place in the same universe and the common tropes were actually being enforced for some cosmic reason, have very much lost their luster.

They didn't have much luster to begin with; most of the appeal was the novelty value and cleverness of thinking about fiction in that way, as if a thousand different stories were actually all part of a larger super-story, but now that we have a thousand different super-stories each trying to standardize everything in different ways, there's not a lot of appeal inherent in the concept anymore.

It's still possible to do this well, of course, but it no longer comes across as clever to simply make certain observations about stories; most people now see them as obvious, and think of tropes as simply the common storytelling conventions they are.

Wrong. It's Mel-Neh-Bone-A

Nah, the Stormbringer-RPGs were great.

Mel-Nee-Boon?

The Jerry Cornelius stories sound much cooler than they actually are.

youtube.com/watch?v=JJyEuV7Alds

It's responsible for a good album so I like it