Can the average random adventuring party take down Michael Myers, Jason Vorhees, or Freddy Kreuger?

Can the average random adventuring party take down Michael Myers, Jason Vorhees, or Freddy Kreuger?

Yes, yes, after levelling

Michael Myers almost got defeated by a teenage babysitter and only got the upper hand because she threw away her knife repeatedly for no reason.

MM is just a strong dude with a knoife.

Jason's power level varies wildly depending on which movie he's in.

Freddy would be difficult for mundane characters. Psions and divine casters would probably be able to deal with him.

Which one is most susceptible to Diplomacy?

Mundane characters would probably have to beat/drive him away with the power of friendship.

Sure hope there's been no infighting in your party.

Dawww,
Thank you user, that warmed my heart.

Yes, temporarily at least, depends on the caster:noncaster ratio

>MM is just a strong dude with a knoife.
last I checked "strong dudes" rarely walk off multiple gunshot wounds

>Be fighter
>Guy with knife attacks
>He can get stabbed a lot
>Like me
>He dies from being lit on fire by wizard

>Be wizard
>Another guy with a bigger knife shows up
>Fighter keeps beating him up but he keeps on coming back
>Disengrate the fucker
>Sometimes the fighter says a room is dusty when it shouldn't be

>Be cleric
>Have nightmare where pedophile ghost is trying to kill me
>It already killed the fighter
>True resurrect the pedophile
>Put him in church jail

Ezpz

Normal adventurers walk off grevious wounds all the time. All that means is that he has player levels in Barbarian.

Low test detected.

Thread's pretty much got it right. The average party wouldn't have much trouble with Myers. Freddy would be an issue but would go down to some variety of magic.

I'm actually thinking the worst would be Jason. He's probably not much tougher to bring down than Myers in the grand scheme of things, but nothing short of a Wish is going to keep him dead for good.

>Be samurai
>Guy with knife attacks clumsily
>He can get stabbed a lot
>I can parry a lot
>He dies from being being lit on fire by onmyoji

>Be onmyoji
>Another guy with a bigger knife shows up
>Samurai keeps slashing him up, eventually seppukus when he realizes he can't slash him up
>Disintegrate the fucker
>Sometimes my shikigami say a room is dusty again after they've already dusted it

>Be sohei
>Have nightmare where ghost of average Western priest is trying to kill me
>It already killed the onmyoji
>Help the average Western priest reincarnate
>Keep a watchful eye on the reincarnation to make sure it doesn't become an average Western priest

Freddy Kruger is immune to wizards because he lives in their heads and has more magic at his command than they do, since they're not actually in the real world.

>stabbed twice in the chest
>shot six times
>fell a good 20 feet off a balcony
>engulfed in a fire that burned down a decent sized hospital
>left in a coma for years
>shot several more times
>fell down a mineshaft
>shot with horse tranquillisers and beaten half to death
>stabbed several more times
>lived in sewers for the better part of a decade, living off rats and mud-water
>survived a large explosion that charred most of his body
idk my PCs would be long dead after all that, unless they're pretty high level

In my last adventure, my character was-

>crushed under a falling stone block
>stabbed twenty times
>hit with a guillotine cleaver
>stabbed a bunch more times
>hit by a fireball
>a lot more stabbing
>beaten by zombies
>slashed and bitten by ghouls
>constricted by a giant fire snake

And that was just a typical dungeon. Thank god for healing magic.

>I'm actually thinking the worst would be Jason. He's probably not much tougher to bring down than Myers in the grand scheme of things, but nothing short of a Wish is going to keep him dead for good.

That problem has a solution: A vat of molten silver and a nice deep bay.

A CHALLENGER APPEARS

Also, let's presume this is Jason Goes to Hell Jason who literally survived being shot by a rocket launcher, after an entire SWAT team unloaded all their ammo into him. That demonic possession schtick would seriously fuck up a party, and the game would become attrition-based grinding against progressively stronger foes. You better bring a couple axes anons.

>ready nigh unlimited access to healing magic
>massive hp bloat
>each hit is a major wound
modern era D&D was a mistake

Better question.

What levels and classes are the aforementioned villains.

>wah, I don't like excitement!

Getting lightly tickled by everything until you die from a single knife wound might be fine for you, but there's a reason grimderp games are so relatively unpopular.

>Myers
level 4 human (possibly goliath or half orc, he's a tall motherfucker) fighter, cursed by a lawful evil fiend

>Jason
level 7 zombie (maybe ghoul?) barbarian with levels in ranger

>Freddy
low level NE rogue, turned somewhat powerful outsider

>tanking five fireballs and a dozen stab wounds until you get healed during a single long rest is exciting
maybe I'm just a dirty grognard but that shit doesn't sound fun in the slightest

I prefer active wound systems myself. Wounds are treated as a condition respective to what just happened, changing play in a fluid manner. Also, not meaning quick or instant death.

It's exciting once you realize the scale of what you're dealing with, and that a single stab wound from a goblin may not be so scary, but getting hit by a giant's club or bitten by a dragon still might mean instant death.

Just because you like your characters dying from tumbling down greased stairs doesn't mean everyone else will.

Didn't we have this exact same thread a couple weeks ago?

I thought we decided they were all accidental Liches and you can't destroy them until you destroy their various phylacteries making them difficult, but not impossible for the average adventuring party to take down

The real question is, what are their phylacteries?

You don't need to have a boner for WFRP1e and Paranoia to realize the way D&D has gone for the past couple editions kills tension at high levels, dude.

We decided that too.

>Michael
His mask
>Freddy
Either his hat or his glove
>Jason
His mask or knife or something at the bottom of Chrystal Lake

My big issue with wound systems is that they tend to turn the game into rocket tag, where the first hit is the one that ends up deciding the fight, and even worse it means that a fight gets less exciting as it moves forward because the combatants become less capable. It changes play by adding further restrictions, which generally means for the worse.

On the other end of the spectrum is that terrible "Bloodied" system that 4e used, which made opponents stronger if you damaged them enough. A cute idea for some enemies, but to push it across the system as much as they did just meant punishing players for doing well in the early part of a fight.

>You don't need to have a boner for WFRP1e and Paranoia to realize the way D&D has gone for the past couple editions kills tension at high levels, dude.

Your assertion is meaningless, because being familiar with the recent editions of D&D, I can attest that tension is far from dead at high levels, because the stakes are likewise raised. It might be harder to kill a person, but even succeeding in making them retreat might mean devastating consequences for an entire plane of existence.

Since your argument is based on hyperbole and a heavy personal bias, I guess that ends this conversation, since you can't move beyond your exaggerated opinion.

You realize you essentially /thread'd your own post right? Makes you come off as a bit of a cunt. Also, I find it funny that you bring this up immediately after an immediate assumption in my tastes.

Anyway, as for your argument on consequences, it is also based on an assumption. The assumption that your players care for consequences beyond the personal. If your players do not, then within the mechanics of the game creating tension becomes far more difficult. It's more an issue with the people you are playing with than the system itself, but nevertheless it is a flaw that should be accounted for. If the system itself works against the GM, it needs to be changed.

>You realize you essentially /thread'd your own post right?

Yes. The conversation already ended, but you're just going through the death throes, because as much as a cunt as I might be, you're the guy trying to pretend that the assumption that players care about consequences beyond themselves is something outrageous.

Even if the players don't, it's still all too easy to threaten them and create tension, since the consequences to their person are likewise raised. You end up dealing with more mental effects, far more devastating bodily effects, and even ways to counter newly acquired safety nets and parachutes. High level play can have just as much (or even more) tension, depending on how the DM wants to run the game.

You're literally hoping, beyond all hope, to continue an argument that already ended when you revealed you're just here to argue. Now, please, stop making a fool of yourself, and when someone does you the courtesy of telling you flat out why you're wrong and arguing only based around a personal bias, don't try to continue a conversation that's been over before it even started.

>you're the guy trying to pretend that the assumption that players care about consequences beyond themselves is something outrageous.
It isn't outrageous, but it's possible. There's threads upon threads of stories just on this board about such people.

>You end up dealing with more mental effects
That munchkins will not care about as soon as they are back in control.

>far more devastating bodily effects
We're playing the same game right? Resurrection and healing is a buck a pop in 3.5 and 5th without houseruling from the GM.

>depending on how the DM wants to run the game.
This here is the kicker. You can houserule absolutely anything, but that doesn't take away from the flaws that were written into a system. If you don't want to continue, whatever, but trying to claim that you have "won" an argument like this is some sort of debate with an arbiter is simply verbal masturbation.

>STILL trying

For fuck's sake. Stop embarrassing yourself.
Also, no one said anything about house rules, resurrection is costly, mental effects can last long or end a fight, and I can say I've won because you are doing nothing but showing off just how stupid and argumentative you are.

The more you post to show how stupid you are, the more I win. So cut your losses and back down, you have no way of arguing your case and will just end up sounding even dumber than you do now.

You know, I used to think this but I was shot in the hip in a drive by a couple of years back, I walked into a friendlies and called 911 and then called out of work just fine and I think of myself as a wimp not a strong dude at all

Jason's mother's head would probably have this biggest emotional connection to him

See? Verbal masturbation. You just cannot fucking resist having the last word.

Cool story user, but immediate medical attention after getting hit with a stray round isn't quite comparable to a few .38 specials to the centre of mass and crawling off in a ditch for a few days.

Freddy is just a poltergeist.

I have improved the comedy of your image with MSpaint.