Mantic thread

Anyone here purchase one of these Mantic Crazy Bobby's Craazzy Bonanza Box of Craziness!!!! Boxes or one of the smaller fantasy/sci-fi ones?

manticgames.com/mantic-shop/black-friday/product/crazy-bobbys-craaazzy-bonanza-box-of-craziness.html

They started selling them during the black Friday sales and my flgs still has a few left. I was wondering what folks have gotten as it's a hefty price tag for a mystery box.

My brother bought one two years ago I think. It contained a unit of basilean cavalry (pretty bad models). Quite a few goblins, some mars attacks assassins which were real neat, some metal heroes for deadzone and warpath aswell as some zombies.
That box was not that expensive though, I think he bought the smaller one.

On a side note, I really like mantic and they've definetly gotten better in the last few years but unless you're the creative type who mix and match toys with models with minis to create your own kind of stuff, or you're an avid player of all their games or rpgs. I think it's quite the shot in the dark. Mantic makes a lot of nice little resin heroes and their walking dead minis are nice. But they are in my opinion not one of the companies I would like a random assortment from. To much hit and miss for my taste.

>second guy
Where do they make those, in Auschwitz?

All I'm going to say about Mantic is that you get what you pay for.

I think they are meant to look like they could walk on top of snow. I like GW elves but they look very masculine rather than fae.

>Where do they make those, in Auschwitz?
Made me laugh.
Have another typhoid elf.

Some mantic models look quite nice.
This guy is part of a multi-part multi pose kit of about 20 I think.

I supported them for their Basilean kickstarter because I was interested in the Sister models. No idea why and how they fucked up so bad, but I really don't care for that company anymore.

Far to many of mantics humanoid monsters skip leg day. They've gotten better but man, I can not get over the fucking obsidian golem.

>I supported them for their Basilean kickstarter
My condolences. That and the goblins are the worst models they made.

The pic ones?
They dont look that bad

Oh no, the pic ones are succubi. The post I replied to is the basilean sisters. The orangutan nuns.

Oh, ok

Well, those ladies look more masculine than GW makes them, that's basically an achievement.

Its not cheap. Tehnolog.... Now thats interesting!

Yeah, if all their ogres looked like their Berserker Braves, I would probably get into Ogres.

Fix the chariots and we have a deal.

>Tehnolog sisters are better looking than that
Kek

Thanks for your input Games Workshop :)

Theres a good story here.
The Basilean models had production problems. Mantic sent 3d renders to the Chinese factory and could not read the file type because the factory was using bootleg software. So instead of telling Mantic, the Chinese used someone local to digitally resculpt the line, the Sisters and Men at Arms from scratcb, while claiming it was what Mantic sent them.

The moral of the story is China will fuck you over.

Hopefully the cutie snow elves will be better now that they are cast in Europe again.

Thoughts on the Wyrm?
I think it looks a tad bit too silly. I like the revenant rider and the idea of a wyrm rather than a dragon is cool, but it looks so front heavy and the eyes look cartoony...

There's something about it that looks really...dumb. I can't place my finger on what it is, but there is something very off about it.

Anyone played Deadzone 2nd ed? Is it any good?
Would really appreciate it if someone could share some info on it.

I do wonder how mantic is every going to increase it's market share when it's systematically pissed off all other 3rd party retailers by undercutting them through kickstarter. Even GW has learned their lesson in that regard.

>it's systematically pissed off all other 3rd party retailers by undercutting them through kickstarter
Has Reaper pissed off 3rd party retailers with the Bones kickstarters? If not, what's the difference? Not being a rhetoricalfag here, genuinely ignorant and would appreciate a quick rundown.

I legitimately want that figure, though I wish that the wings for the thing we're available elsewhere. Undead continue to be the best line of KoW miniatures.

If they are as good as the more recent renders that Mantic has showed off, they should be fine. I love that we are getting entire regiments of half elves soon.

Not-40K Not-Skaven look so great. Love the industrial style to them.

I like the ones from the most recent batch mainly. I still think that the basic troops are rough compared to what the other factions have gotten.