Can we get an elemental wheels thread? I always find these things very useful. I'll post a few to get us started

Can we get an elemental wheels thread? I always find these things very useful. I'll post a few to get us started

Other urls found in this thread:

hs.hiveswap.com/ezodiac/index.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Obviously a classic

Here's the FF one.

Here's the Yu-Gi-Oh PS1 game

>weebshit
die.

Oh my god fuck that system. That thing is confusing as shit. What even is the reasoning?

here's a nicer looking FF one

this one's from some flash game I think.

How does wind kill earth? Just weathering? I mean that takes forever, I wouldn't exactly call that a weakness.

It blows the dirt away, come on user

Homestuck Aspect wheel
In clockwise order: Breath, Life, Light, Time, Heart, Rage, Blood, Doom, Void, Space, Mind, Hope

Mars = Fire
Jupiter = Wood
Saturn = Wind
Uranus = Earth/Stone
Pluto = Electricity
Neptune = Water

Sun = Light/Holy Magic
Moon = Demons
Venus = Illusions/Dream Magic
Mercury = Shadows/Dark Magic

Holy shit. Even if that's 100% true, which I'm sure it is, that's just hard to understand for the sake of being hard to understand.

What the fuck is rime?

>frost formed on cold objects by the rapid freezing of water vapor in cloud or fog

Oh...uh....okay?

I don't know why they did that. The GBC and GBA games use the same element system, but they use those 10 elements I listed after the correlation, plus an 11th "Divine" element that has no type matchups, but is reserved for God Cards and Ritual Monsters.

holy shit I made that. I've got the original file on my old hard drive somewhere. Where the hell did you find this?

>direct opposites are not oppposite to each other
>death and life are 4 spaces away but light and darkness are only 3
>life is between earth and ice rather then earth and water
how odes thiswheel work? Is there ven any meaning in the position or is it just divided in groups and the position is to accomodate groups?

wait false alarm apparently I posted this on Veeky Forums back in 2014 and forgot about it

if you are the creator why are the pixels in the pic rectangular rather then square? is it a style choice or is there a reason?

You do know where you are, right?

Didn't you know that Tech and Light are polar opposites?

Still one of the most interesting parts of Homestuck. Hope we get more stuff on classes sometime.
Hope is the best

but they are square

Nigga are you high?

well whatever i am retarded then.

wtf ? stop retardshaming me, i didn't sleep at all tonight.

as others have said they are in fact square pixels, but maybe you were looking at groups of like 6 pixels and thinking that those groups were themselves individual pixels? All I can really tell you about what I remember of the design process is it was a bitch for me to make decent looking hexagons in pixel art resolutions

>Hope we get more stuff on classes sometime.
Homestuck is done
That's a funny way of spelling Mind

yes, that was the issue, thank you

>Homestuck is done
And Hiveswap is "in." But, no classes in the immediate future due to gender clauses enraging his fanbase.
If it ain't Doom it's shit.

Might as well link this.

hs.hiveswap.com/ezodiac/index.php
I'm a hornsniffing genius

The whole Glitch/Replayer thing is actually some pretty good headcanon/falsecanon about it, if you ignore the actual glitch stuff.

Too bad we've only got a small clue as to what each aspect brings.

Breath - Healing, renewing possibility
Hope - Destroying, creating possibility
Time - Literal aspect
Space - Literal aspect
Void - Literal aspect
Mind - Parallel universes, building things up, 0.5 a presses
Life - Second chances through healing
Rage - Second chances through destruction
Light - Luck
Doom - Fate
Blood - ???
Heart - Souls, thoughts, relations?

I just have to say that this comic was the most engaging, wondrous, and rewarding work of fiction I've ever enjoyed, and the way it ended was the most catastrophic, disrespectful, half-assed disappointment from a story I've ever known. That son of a bitch owes every last one of us a personal apology, as well as himself. Over a year and a half later and I still feel like crying when I think about all the potential he wasted.

But Breath is Freedom

Dis is gooj

Seems wrong to me since Fel is unfiltered Arcane.

The way some of the names are written on the outsides of the symbols really bugs me. On the right side, the bottom-left word is read top-to-bottom, but for the Time/Earth wedges, the left-most words are read bottom-to-top. I spent a good couple second wondering what "WAL" was meant to be.

Where is piss? Gent of Piss is a canon classpect that everyone seems to forget about.

Naruto

Haha do what I say John :^)
This was blown the fuck out actually, James Roach states that Huss said heirs hold belief in their aspect but may not possess it much if at all

I like the idea that arcane came from the titans.

Everything past act 6 was a mistake.

But Caliborn is insufferable in a good way.

You're both wrong. Introducing the huss into his own comic was a mistake.

>Ice between Water and Life
>Death opposed to Time
>Technology opposed to Light
>Earth opposed to Space
>Life being an "eternal" element
>Water being an "Aether" element
I don't get it.

I too had an aneurysm. Just tell yourself they rushed putting everything on.

Wind and earth could have been dust and no one would have been any the wiser, but no, they had to be nerds and have a special element in the middle

I'm not a weeb by any means. What makes Dust so special in that show?

It's nuclear physics magic with no discernable drawback.

well just from looking, it's the only element that needs 3 basic elements

Blood is the bonds between people. Essentially shounen "I am strong because I have FRIENDS!!!!" style dudes.

How do you use element systems in your games, anons?

>Rock-Paper-Scissors: Fire beats Ice but is weak to Water.
>Opposed elements: Fire beats Ice, Ice beats Fire.
>Match Game: Fire beats Fire.

elements are tied primarily to mechanics, not just damage multipliers. "Opposed" elements exist such that the mechanics they apply cancel each other out or react in special ways, but that doesn't mean that a character is weak to a particular element just from that.

A fast but squishy character might primarily use Earth attacks that raise defense, but using water to lower their defense is less effective than fixed damage fire moves to punch through their low hp totals.

Show me your power level! Identify the source of this magic system!