Players should never be allowed to play Evil- anything characters. It was never intended

Players should never be allowed to play Evil- anything characters. It was never intended.

Proof: The paladin. A figure of absolute good, the obvious hero and leader of any party. A shining beacon of righteousness. A man WITHOUT EQUAL in traditional/core. There is no absolute evil character class in core, eg there is no reason to ever let your party play evil characters.

>inb4 muh b-b-blackguard
Haha, no. That's a prestige, fuck yourself kiddo.

>56935316
>t faggot with no imagination
Ignoring the fact that your post is obvious bait, I'm just going to say that one of my favorite characters was LE, and that campaign was easily one of the best my group had ever done.

Or maybe different people and groups enjoy different things? If everyone is on board and able to play with/as evil characters without the party breaking down and having a good time with it, why should you care?

>badwrongfun

Let alone the paladin, the cleric is newer than people playing as vampires.

I’m not seeing any actual argument here.

Every party has to have at least one pragmatical evil character in the case you need someone with no remorse to do things the Paladin deem against his code and the rest of the party find tasteless to do. Lawful Evil is the choice alignment for this since he’ll do the job without thinking about it twice, but won’t debase himself while doing it

I hope you're aware that every time you say the word "badwrongfun" you invalidate your own post and that you come off as a complete fucking imbecile.

Core doesn't imply anything about how common a class should be or whether or not you should allow a player to play.

Also fuck you paladin's aren't leaders of shit, and that mentality is why I fucking hate Paladin players they think what ever the fuck they scribbled onto the class section entitles them to a leadership position.

And finally, if no one was intended to play Evil characters the fucking game would spell that out.

Agreed

Remember that every joke you make, someone out there actually thinks that way.

Lemme say, I play a Paladin. My only campaign for two years, even.

The fuck is in the middle of a freakin' identity crisis. The last session was him and the party sleeping like hobos (and in company of several real hobos) in rainy alleyway after being forced to enter into the capital of the kingdom through the sewers, just the last of a long series of indignities that fell on the party (that may or may not be the party saving several cities, getting framed for crimes, being hunted, and several "where's my fucking respect" moments). Furthermore,the only way he found to get support to save the rulers of the country (that are actively hunting for the party) has been to beg his sister, a world-famous madame and underground power to get some support to fight the usual dark cult.

Point is, what should the fuck do. His personal quest was one of self-discovery: well, he discovered that the world is shitty and no one cares, that bar the party he's alone and no one will ever love him. Tell me, Veeky Forums, where should he go?

1) Realize it's all meaningless. Results are the only thing that matters. No one cares. Fall and show the fuckers how it's done.

2) Ok. No one cares. He cares. He will be the last bastion of morality, and laugh in the face of loneliness, despair and humiliation. Worse it is, better it is.

3) Go full Doomguy. Rip and Tear. Smite Evil, search for the next one, Smite Evil. Who cares about the system. Who cares about the overall lack of meaning. Cleanse and purify, one cultist at a time.

I'm toying with all thre possibilities.

Just because you say so OP? I don't think so you flying πdr

How so? The point is that different people enjoy different things. If it works for them, more power to them. Who are you to arbitrate what things other people should do if they cause no harm and are enjoyable to those participating in them?

There's no strict rule saying that Paladins are natural leaders, but their need for high Cha (due to class abilities), puts them in the running along with bards and sorcerers. Their religious affiliations (usually) make them more likely to be able to gain audience with important people than bards or sorcerers as well. Along with high required Wis (from class abilities, again) for good decision making it would make sense that they often serve as leader or face of a group.

2 is definitely the best. I always love that type of character arc. Failing that, 3. If your god is merciless, then you shall be his gavel upon the guilty.

If you are tallking about D&D you are actually right

WotC is absolute shit when it comes to morality, all they know how to write is black and white and making the good guys boring af

Homebrewing is a must if you want to play as an evil character

Pathfinder has the Antipaladin, now take your badwrongfun bait thread and get it deleted, you moralfaggotry shill.

Have you tried playing something other than D&D?

Counterpoint: Paladin of Tyranny and Paladin of Slaughter.

(Different user than the one you were replying to) I agree with you for the most part- High cha means good social skills, naturally good at swaying people to their side/commanding others, church affiliation means built-in legitimacy. Additionally, the Lawful requirement means they tend to be considered trustworthy and upstanding.

My one nitpick is
>high required Wis
Wait what? What game are we talking about? 3.5 and 4e are hardly played these days, and both 5e and PF have removed any dependence on Wisdom that Paladins once had; their supernatural stuff is solely charisma-based now.

>Pathfinder has the a-
>PATHFINDER
FUCKING DELETE YOURSELF PERMENANTLY! ^u^

variant shit aka special snowflake faggotry. fuck you.

Virt I thought you were permab&

What's wrong with Pathfinder?

Warlocks.

Checkmate.

A lot of things, but if you enjoy it, then you do you.

the anti-paladin appears in 2nd edition, so go choke on a a bag dicks.

AD&D had assassins, user. There have ALWAYS been evil only classes.

Like what?

Define "evil". For example, is conquering all civilized peoples for the purposes of uniting them and gathering the necessary strength to wipe out the inherently evil races like Orcs and invade and colonizing hell evil? I think not, but many DM's wouldn't see it that way.

(You)

>falseflagger recruits another ally