N-nothing personnel kid

>n-nothing personnel kid

What's the best Star Wars system?

>also rip allahu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X1jRMkgCh6Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What's the best Star Wars system?
I don't know what the best one is, but the worst by far is Star Wars Saga Edition.

>What's the best Star Wars system?
People seem to love having a hateboner for it but FFG's Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny is the best system that happened to me and my group.

Why would you say that?

There is a gurps star wars homebrew

Also a savage worlds one

yeah why would you claim that? from my understanding and reading it seems like a clunky mess I have to buy 3 times and Homebrew to hell to even get in base functioning order and those who have told me they enjoyed it scrap entire sections of the system in favor of a home brew simplification to speed up gameplay

I'm still holding out for a truly good star wars rpg to release maybe with all this new hype it will happen

... a fate one, a besm one...

Is there a sourcebook for old republic stuff?

Best is probably d20 or Saga, then FFG, then d6.

Why?

It's a much better 3.5, but it suffers from a lot of 3.5's problems, such as casters (jedi) having all the nice things in the world, and everyone else getting scraps.

I've only played Jedi only games if I'm being honest.

Revised is probably the best. I say this for the following reasons:
1) Ease of play. Pretty much everybody knows how to play d20. You don't have to learn anything all that new or deal with specialty dice or anything.
2) There's a lot of books and material written for revised, much more so than Saga or pretty much any other system (other than maybe d6).
3) It's versatile. If you want to play a Clone Wars campaign, Revised does that. An Old Republic campaign? Revised has your back. Rebellion era and beyond? Revised. Saga has this, too, but to a much lesser degree (because it has less material written for it).

If you hate d20, I'd recommend the WEG d6, and then FFG.

The FFG Star Wars System is the best one because it get's the force and lightsabers right and also does classes right. The system has a bit of 3.5 syndrom in that there are a lot of splatbooks with new content and such, but if you just pirate the stuff like any normal being that doesn't really matter. It is really enjoyable and is at that local optimum where it is a narrative focused game that is still crunchy enough and give enough room to rollplayers that it is fun for them too.

If you are not into that for whatever reason, there is the d6-based WEG. It is the best one if you are a sperg or don't like narrative games. It literally defined a huge part of the EU with all the lore it created or pinned down and has a lot of content.

d20/Saga is absolute shit-tier and the only people that could ever like it are autists so infested by 3.5/PF that they literally can't enjoy anything that isn't a bad hack of DnD. Unlike FFG and WEG, nobody seriously still plays this who isn't a newb that nows nothing but 3.5 and found out there is a d20 star wars game so why not use it. Pro tip: because it sucks.

So FFG is the best one, but it isn't for everybody, though generally only outsiders that don't actually play it or anything star wars meme on it. For people that honestly don't like it, WEG is almost as good, meaning it is excellent.

You do realize that there is literally a star wars general to ask this kind of question and where this question is answered almost any single thread?

Silly user, OP wouldn't be a faggot if he bothered to do some research.

Not OP but any time I've asked these kinds of questions in swg I've always gotten zero responses.

It carries the problems of the 3.5 base system and doesn't really allow the kind of story the OT had compared to FFG and d6 do.

Force sensitives in Star Wars are explicitly superior creatures and them being treated as such is only logical. I don't understand why people that have a problem with this don't just go with a different setting.

This. The people with superpowers are going to be better than the people without. That's not a system problem.

That makes for a poor game, and doesn't jive with Star Wars in that a force sensitive is better at some things, or can do things most can't, but is not superior at all things at all times.

Reminds me of this
youtube.com/watch?v=X1jRMkgCh6Q

>inb4 it's not canon so it doesn't matter

>That makes for a poor game
Play a different setting.
>and doesn't jive with Star Wars in that a force sensitive is better at some things, or can do things most can't, but is not superior at all things at all times.
A force sensitive with the same skillset as a non-force sensitive is simply better than that person. Luke is better than a normal guy that can shoot things with a blaster and pilot a small vehicle.
>a biased, lying old woman
lmao

>Play a different setting.
Understand the setting you are in.
>Luke is better than a normal guy that can shoot things with a blaster and pilot a small vehicle.
He is not shown to be better than Han with a blaster, and his skill puts him with other established aces in the setting, not above them, unless you can show when.

>Casters vs martials. AGAIN

not related to anything, just haven't had the opportunity to post for a while

Quick question, I'd like to play a game with Stormtroopers as PC, but I'd like to read novels with them as protagonists. Anything like that?

You probably want a system tactical enough to make playing as soldiers entertaining mechanically while also broad enough to handle aliens and the occasional supernatural shit like jedis you'll want to throw at the party.

I recommend GURPS, specifically Space, Ultra-Tech, and Gun-Fu; watch out for Ultra-Tech though, as it's known to have wonky weapon vs armor balance. Then again, it's not like stormtrooper armor seems to help at all.

Fantasy Flight has really good systems. I've played 2 games with it, and they were really good.

D6, as it ever was.

GURPS it has the best melee fighting and gun combat

>you can't ever talk about something outside of the general
Why don't you just use your mod powers to delete the thread?

Luke, the farm boy with the only the force to guide him, is on par with the most extensively trained and skilled fighter pilots of his day.
That is significantly better than a "normal guy".

The Force is the great equalizer.
No skill required, just use the force to do things others spent decades training for.

The downside to the force is corruptibility. Use your super powers for evil, or while upset and you start to go crazy. Reflecting that mechanically has never been very good. Minor second weakness, when using the force to do something (rather than just enhance an action) it seems to take a significant amount of focus.