/btg/ BattleTech General

---------------------------------
Nova is friend to children, edition

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: ==================================

BattleTech video-game Beta gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=rt6FatHHnzI

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megamek.info/
github.com/MegaMek

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing? (old)
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

2017-03-03 – (Against the Bot)
mediafire.com/file/kffatbm11ffus7l/Against_the_Bot_Instructions_v2-5.pdf

bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56065.0
Current 3.21 rule set is included in the mekhq package

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

/btg/'s own image board: - (2017-12-10 - Still getting worked on & now has 21038 pics! Any help with tagging appreciated!)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

More goodies! (Rare manuals, hex packs, TROs, discord servers, etc.) Last updated 2017-11-30!
pastebin.com/uFwvhVhE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=trX2D9mbXWs
sarna.net/news/update-on-the-harmony-gold-lawsuit/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for IS Protomechs free of the Clans taint!

Reposting from before.

Loli piloting the lightest of all. Angry with a Savannah Master with a broke-down engine? (damn hovercraft crits)

>nicetrips.gif

Pillager mech?
doesn't matter otherwise

hi everyone I am new!!!!!!! holds up neurohelmet my name is katy but you can call me the Falcon of Doom!!!!!!!! laughing out loud... as you can see I am very honorable!!!! that is why I came here, to meet honorable warriors like me _…
I am 13 years old(I am honorable for my age though) I like to watch Trials of Positon with my sibmate(I am future khan if you do not like it challange me to a Trial of Refusal) it is our favorite type of trial!!! because it is
SOOOO honorable!!!! she is honorable too of cours but I want to meet more honorable warriors =) like they say the more the merier!!! laughing out loud... anyways I hope to make alot of bondsmen here so give me lots of batchalls!!!
STAAAR LEAGUUUEEEEEEEEEEE

youtube.com/watch?v=trX2D9mbXWs

PS just got the demo for the next Virtual On. You can do Inazuma Kicks in it.
Yes. Today is a good day.

user here,

Just getting into succession wars era CBT with some friends. We are starting with 200t lances. He intends to field:
hunchback
catapult
awesome

I want to destroy him. What lance should I field?

[headcaps you with an IS gauss rifle]
heh... nothing personnel vat rat

The Northwind Highlanders probably don't give a toss about Clans, outside if they are hired to fight them and they are not actively trying to attack Northwind.

Eridani Light Horses are the ones that have issues with Clans as they see them as fuckwits that are spoiling the good name of Kerensky and the SLDF in their warrior posturing. Sadly the ELH got sidetrackked due to IRL reasons, and got killed away due to them.

We need a ken-sama copypaste for someone about to go bondsman to the smoke jaguars.

Either idea fits the Wolves better honestly

I don't know if I'm so kinda of brainlet but I cannot into aerospace combat in Megamek. Reading through TW I don't get the rules.

help

Well, lances are traditionally 4 mechs, so ideally take 1 more mech than him for an advantage.

Hmm. If he's running an LRM Variant Catapult then your best bet is a fast lance that can get in close. The Hunchback could be a nasty screen with an AC/20, but if you close the distance his Awesome's PPCs have a min range and so do the Catapult's LRMs.

Why are IS unit names random letters and numbers?

Like the actual units. Like MAD-3R, 5M, etc

The first three are an abbreviation of the chassis (MArauDer) and the numbers/letters after the dash are a specific configuration.
So Config 3R of the Marauder Chassis. MAD-5M is the 5M config, and so on. It's pretty straightforward and simple, clan mechs aren't that much different. They just use an Omnipod designation, like SMN-D or SMN-Prime.

Yeah that's what I was wondering, like the Kodiak 1, 2 and 3 are just the next in line after the first ones. I thought for a long time that R mean recon or something like that. The clan mechs seem to just make a bit more sense in the naming.

>R meant Recon
Nope, it's just a specific config much like a Summoner D is a different config than a Summoner E. There's a MAD-3R, but there's also a MAD-3M(arik), MAD-3L(iao) and MAD-3D(avion). In this case the Marauder's M/L/D actually mean something but most of the time on other chassis they're somewhat arbitrary.
The Number (3,5, 7, etc) generally indicates how old the variant is. The first Marauder variant Sarna lists on file is the MAD-1R, whereas the MAD-9W is a Jihad era Blakist design.

Are you talking straight aerospace battles or bringing aerospace units on the ground map?
Because the former is a lot easier to get you started with than the latter. And is also the normal way to use aero and ground together by having separate air and ground maps, but MM doesn't support that.

I should probably elaborate a tiny bit on the last part; the 1R is a 2612 design from the Star League era whereas the 9W is from 3071. The 3R is from 2819.

So D, L, S, K, and M usually stand for the initials of the Great house which makes that variant. W is usually either Wolf's Dragoons or Word of Blake. Other letters don't usually mean much. So MAD-5M is a marauder, made by House Marik, given the number 5 to denote an upgrade from the 3.

Shit senpai. Thanks that actually helps a lot more than I could of asked for. Also checked.

Thanks again anons

Aerospace on the ground map.

Lolis are way harder to draw than I expected ugh.

Lolis are justice, though.

just crank up the smugness to the highest volume and break off the knob

>dat wench
>Dat helmet
I approve

Well then go straight aerospace first by choosing "atmosphere" instead of ground when picking a map, that will make it a low altitude map for aero only. It will be a lot easier for you to get a hang of movement when 1 point of thrust/velocity = 1MP. Then once you get comfortable with that you can use them on the ground map where 1 thrust/velocity = 16MP.

I could share pics of my daughters and you can use them for inspiration if you promise no lewd art. They love battletech.

>no contractions at all
>even lol is spelled out

its the little things

Surely, that plan could never have any negative repercussions.

Cool, hold on and I'll upload some when I get a chance.

For the record, their favorite mechs are the Jenner, the Spider, the Atlas and the Mad Dog.

I'm not inker, I'm sure he'll notice though.

When did they add Zentradi to the game?

Who else would pilot all those Marauders, man?

Going forward, balance by battle value, BV2, not by tonnage.
There is a huge difference between a Charger and an Awesome, but both weigh 80 tons, for example.

Better yet, balance by BV and tonnage.

I've always ran clanners as being basically zents, except not blue and medicated to not give a fuck instead of gender segregated, and it's been pretty fun

Pls illustrate this.

Please don't. I feel like its entirely too likely some asshole user will lewd them.

Okay I laughed.

Truly, the only way to play them.

they really are just so much better with 10x more culture shock and 1/100th the magical realm

I prefer running them as the bunch of animal worshipping pagan technobarbarians they are. Like the space druids to Comstar's space wizards.

The WoB factionalism is perfect comparison to how clan dynamics should be IMO.

sarna.net/news/update-on-the-harmony-gold-lawsuit/
about time harmoney gold got their ass kicked

That's from last month. Looks like they bumped the hearing back to the 22nd, probably because of the flood of stuff from HG in the last week or so.

>buy designs from some two-bit no name company that don't even own them.
>claim those designs are yours and yours only.
>Get BTFO'd

Honestly, if they don't actually own the designs, how the hell can Harmony Gold keep using them? If Big West owns the designs, but never sold them to be used by HG, shouldn't HG be in a pool of shit for this?

Never happened. HG got distribution stuff for Macross in the USA, not rights to anything else.

It was FASA that got the the design licenses back in the day.

Of course it just took like 25 years of legislation to get that clear in the good ol' US of A.

>Of course it just took like 25 years of legislation to get that clear in the good ol' US of A.
Man, sometimes, my country is fucking terrible. It's ridiculous the shit that goes on in our courts.

>medicated to not give a fuck instead of gender segregated

Zentradi are not gender segregated.

You haven't seen SDF Macross have you?

>It was FASA that got the the design licenses back in the day.

No. Harmony Gold got the international rights to the show itself, FASA got rights to toys of it.
Neither one ever got the rights to the designs for any drawings/animations/books/...

Both sides were (are) stealing shit, legal-wise.

I have seen all of them except for Zero. That's why I'm calling you out on it.

Before they met humanity they were. There was a Male Fleet and a Female Fleet. Both Fleets rarely interacted/fought with each other(until the Space War with humanity, where the Female Fleet was brought in to reinforce the Male Fleet)

They were segregated because of a long ingrained belief that if the genders mix, it would create Culture, and Culture would destroy them.

Also, the Zentradi were tube grown clones. In fact, the green haired meltran from the first show, Miriya, was the first Meltran in history to not only marry, but to get pregnant.

I bet the guy saw robotech and/or played the RPG, which said that to be the case

The whole point of SDF was that the zents had no culture and were segregated from the meltrandi. That's why the kiss was such a surprise, they literally had no concept of romance. There's also a great scene where the spies are dumbstruck by the fact there are women aboard the macross.

No, but if I had, I would probably go to /tv/ and talk about about it in the Macross general thread there, you fucking weeb nigger.

>going to /tv/ for mecha anime
>not /a/ or /m/
Get on my level shit weasel mong

Please feel free to stay in either of those places.

They didn't experience culture in any form, but they could be together, nothing would simply come of it.
They didn't do mixed ships, but they had no problem being together on space stations/briefings. It's how the commanders knew each other or why they didn't care much for Max's wife ordering joining up with the scouts.

DYRL goes in a completely different direction and makes them fight each other.

Their issues were with meeting anyone cultured who'd even give them the idea about anything like love.

But the ships were segregated. Sure the commanders knew each other, but the rank and file didn't mix. There was even that one meltrandi fleet in 7 that was led by Milia's rival which was all female.

No dude, if you're doing Clan Goliath Scorpion you gotta go for a Stone Rhino - no loli butt nonsense, 100 tonnage, maximum ass.

If you decide to take a break from lolis for some sexy stacked chicks, could I request a stacked robe in a Vanquisher? Pure Terran grown tech and ass.

I second this, praise inker. Stone Rhino tier butt sounds magnificent.

What was that big fed-com group that vanished? I remember the whole forgetting the FWLN thing, but can’t remember the other big “what is factchecking” moment.

The Behemoth is pure Jag harder.

The OG one was forgetting the Black Thorns for the plague of Galedon.

The FWLN was just kept vague in the early stuff. Some battles happened within the existing garrison fleets when they split up but then just silence from everyone else where they were assumed to go back to their home states. It was when they had to be actually accounted for in Final Reckoning that they had to tell where the fuck they actually all went, so they used most to bulk up the Blakist fleet instead and retconned the stolen ship numbers.

Until the Jags died. Then the Scorpions stole it, like the Horned Owl above.

But jagbutt is also acceptable.

Is four Enforcers an option?

More Goliath Scorpion Inker goodness

only improvement would be if she was doing that "hand over her mouth while laughing" japanese thing

>not thick Turkish brows

Thanks to Inker, art now exists of this variant.

3/3
would recommend commissioning Inker

Can you drop a blue shield into aerospace, dropships, or warships?

Hey inker, are we allowed to upload your art to Sarna? There are a lot of mech models with no official art

puffy

PUFFY CHEEKS

user, sounds like a total sane and cool idea, post your daughters in Veeky Forums so they don't lewd them pls.

Maybe he's using reverse psychology and hopes that we will lewd them.

And they're not really his daughters.

I think he is only half retarded and doesn't really know what kind of deviant Veeky Forums gets (loly posters aren't uncommon), perhaps an engineer with enough social skills to get some woman pregnat.
And while I don't mind lolis if they aren't based in real people, lewding true kids is the step I will not take to polute /btg/ desu.

Capital idea.

>I don't mind lolis if they aren't based in real people
Does this ever really happen? I mean outside of National Geographic.

Instead of drawing user's daughters and getting everyone who has their IPs in this thread arrested, we draw Olympians as Mechwarriors.

What mech does pedobear pilot in his Trials against loli pilots?

One of the ursine themed clan mechs probably.
Or a penetrator

A customized Kodiak of course.

Maybe an Atlas, with an extremely large engine and its hands as its only weapon, for that sweet, sweet grappling action.

The Annie look like Heisei Mechagodzilla.

ASFs can have Blue Shield and it works great in space since it doesn't attract dust there.

WSes and Dses can't use it. From the fluff in Wars of Reaving it seems the Ancestral Home had some sort of anti-energy tech but they decided never to write rules for it because reasons.

At least they didn't stat the Leviathan Prime, but that was because it was a pain in the ass to do the design rather than because it was going to be even more OP than the II/III.

Sarna doesn't do fanart, so the answer is no no matter what

These pics are more canon than the ebon magistrate fluff, and THAT'S on sarna.

Of course it was more OP, they had to ram the damn thing with another warship to kill it.

It's ridiculous how much that shit happens in the fluff. How many times have you guys ever done it in the actual game? I only did it once on accident. The ship was shot to hell and out of control and just happened to careen into a pristine enemy Texas.

Actually, if I recall right, the Ram command doesn't work in Megamek for space stuff. At least I never got it to work.

And while I have a tone of mech and asf minis, I don't have any physical warships. I just remember the only decent Leviathan sculpt being a bitch and a half to attain because it was a one year con exclusive.

Fanon nonsense, they are fine with, but no fanart because reasons

Except that TRO 3085 and the Ebon Magistrate fluff is canon, whether you like it or not. You don't get to pick and choose what canon you agree with.

Don't waste your breath, autistic anons don't understand this sort of thing.