An elves tribe plunders villages and kills/rapes its inhabitants

>An elves tribe plunders villages and kills/rapes its inhabitants.
>The survivors hardly find support because no one believes that elves have done this. Elves have a good reputation.
>It is not known that there is a migration, where (far more) violent and warlike elves slowly drive the peaceful elves out of the forest.

Does that sound stupid? Especially that there is a (big) migration, who kill of the friendly elves and people don't notice that.

I find it unlikely that there wouldn't be any good elf refugees who make it to human lands before the violent elves arrive.

>okay, sure. elven culture isnt's set in stone
>also works if you consider the fact that homogeneous racial culture is stupid and every race should be as varied as humans
>so... the warlike elves are raiding because they finally pushed the pacifist elves out and aside, and they were a buffer between the violent elven culture(s) and the rest of the known world/area? I can buy that, I suppose.
I would imagine the "migration" would not go unnoticed for long, because refugees and pleas for help from allies, as well as word spreading via caravans, magic, or other means. People always make the mistake of assuming communications in the earlier eras of civilization were basically non-existent when to the contrary word spread at the speed of horse more often than not. So said elven strife would be common knowledge in a matter of weeks. Take that into account when planning this out.

Also if villages are being wiped out someone is gonna take notice. They may not believe the survivors' story, but the villages did get burned and that needs investigating.

Yes, this is stupid.

Why is it not known?

>Especially that there is a (big) migration, who kill of the friendly elves and people don't notice that.
Yeah, that actually sounds pretty stupid.

>>The survivors hardly find support because no one believes that elves have done this
Sounds a bit stupid to me, yeah.

Is it like the mori-ori who welcomed the maori into their lands and in return the maori went home, got all their men, and came back and ate the mori-ori?

>looked it up
>it’s real
Were the Maori literally orcs?

>rape

don't do this in a game, it opens doors to edgy dumb shit and sets a tone. Do you want your players to think "rape is allowed in our story" ?

yes

>Does that sound stupid?

Yes, it does sadly.

>>Especially that there is a (big) migration, who kill of the friendly elves and people don't notice that.

And that's why it sounds stupid. A eleven völkerwanderung isn't going to be unnoticed.

GURPS Banestorm (which has it's own problems) has something similar to your "Elves Gone Bad" idea but with a different cause.

Something has appeared deep in a forested region of the setting's major empire. It looks like a tree but may be an evil god, demon, or something else. The forest itself has been growing more rapidly than any forest should. Travel through the forest has become much hazardous thanks to attacks from animals and plants. Many elves in the forest have been effected in much the same manner too. Along with defending the part of the forest where the "tree" is located, they've started raiding settlements along the forest's edges.

How crazy are you to go into the Woods, mate? You know the Elves don't like outsiders near their villages. Sneaky fucks will put a dozen arrows in you if you try to poach one of their deer.

Yes, why wouldn't it be?

I thought elves in this world had a good and peaceful reputation though. And also apparently none of the migrating elves talk about the shit back home?

OPs idea seems really fucking retarded to me desu.

Sounds like you play with especially dumb and immature people, normal players can handle the existence of rape without going onto a rape spree themselves

I actually quite like this idea: outside of the woods, mortals only encounter the nice passive herbivor elves, who are outside of the woods because they're fleeing the bastard predator elves.

Why would elves have such a massively positive reputation in the first place?

In general, it's a bad idea to write stories that depend on stupid people stubbornly assuming that the world works according to (what you think are) common and overused fictional tropes, despite large amounts of logic and evidence to the contrary. If your story depends on many people believing something, then you sould think about why they believe it in the first place.

Nice subtle /pol/ Muslim thread.

Make it a tribal society like Gobbos and that's actually what constantly happened for millennia. But then it's a basic bitch scenerio that everyone has heard a hundred times.

Basically your idea is terrible.

Made it to 20 posts before you said anything.

Read about the sea people's, do that to the elves

This + why would elves rape ugly humans?

The same reason people fuck goats and donkeys

/pol/ would be able to provide you with the perfect narrative.