Happy ending override

>Work hard through the entire campaign to defeat an evil Empire
>The game ends on a very hopeful note, with bad guys utterly defeated, and with the implication that now it's time for the real work - to restore everything we've lost during the conflict.
>A few years later, DM starts a new campaign set in the same world.
>He proceeds to reveal that all we did was for nothing
>The bad guys not only recovered, but are somehow in the much better position now
>Our characters are now failures and shells of their former selves, who achieved nothing.
>He hands us new character sheets of newerer and betterer heroes and tells us to start over
How do I tell him to shove it, Veeky Forums?

If you're the kind of whiny little bitch that needs too ask for advice on how to tell your dm he's advising like a cunt, then you'll never actually have the balls to go through with it anyway. So fuck off, basically.

You're mad about Star Wars, we get it.

You just tell him that you don't find this remotely fun and don't like your character's story being hijacked like this.

This is basically the Star Wars sequels, aren't they?

I'm personally of the thought that Disney's doing this so that they can make it a more 'open' franchise i.e. Not having to rely on the original characters by Lucas. It still hurts, given that they've killed off almost everyone near-unceremoniously.

Star Wars.

They've explicitly stated that they want to get away from the Skywalker family and legacy, so yeah, you're 100% right on that.

>Game Starts
>GM: congrats guys, due to the fact that you guys beat my previous campaign, there aren't any problems with the world at all, no demon invasions, no tyrants or mad regents, no death or famine of any kind. So instead of playing, y'know, a fun RPG with combat and gritty roleplaying, we're gonna play dokidoki shopping centre the TTRPG version.

Get off your own dick and play the fucking game cunt. Cycles of power are storytelling 101.

Luke's sister is doing really well, actress aside. Han's future makes a lot of sense given his personality. Not sure what happened to Luke but I haven't seen the movie. I imagine they are playing off the prequel's idea of "Jedi's weren't really all that awesome back in the day"

Leia is worst off of all of the original characters considering that she's literally dead IRL

Watch out, reasonable statements! Captain Contrarian has arrived!

Way to not even read the post, dumbass.

He literally burns the first Jedi texts because they were so shit. Well, Yoda does, but that's semantics.

Oh my God, I forgot about that! The whole 'heroic book-burning' thing. Library of Alexandria day, best day of my life, amirite?

Well, yeah but that doesn't explain why he did it. Be less eager to spoiler and be more eager to understand.

I explained why he did it: the Jedi were hot garbage and he didn't want their farcical teachings to carry on to future generations. Hell, he didn't want there to be future generations of Jedi, period.

>He literally burns the first Jedi texts because they were so shit. Well, Yoda does, but that's semantics.

No he didn't. Rey already nicked them earlier when Luke wasn't looked, the film shows you them in a drawer on the Falcon. It's just Yoda being a cheeky lil shit and fucking with Luke.

The whole point of his speech to Luke was that he was so focused on following the letter of the ancient texts when he should have been focused on following the spirit of them - that he needed to learn from the failures of the past and move beyond them instead of angsting about on Porg Island like a mopey cunt.

You don't tell him anything, you just start shoving.

He only thinks they burned. Yoda was covering up the fact that Rey had already jacked the texts (because she's a thief) so that Luke would let go of his attachment to them. (Which he was going to do anyway by burning them but hey, Disney.) You see them on the falcon at the end.

Fair enough. I totally remember seeing the books on the Falcon, now, but I obviously didn't clue in to what that meant.

Honestly, I saw the movie at an early showing and didn't really like it all that much for a number of reasons, aside from a few very cool scenes. I'm sure I'd enjoy it much more upon a second viewing since I won't be trying to absorb every little detail and answer, or lack thereof.

>(Which he was going to do anyway by burning them but hey, Disney.)
Given how genuinely shocked he was when Yoda just fucking zapped the tree I got the impression his "I'm going to burn it all down" talk was mostly just bluster. Luke wasn't 100% ready to let the past burn yet, he still needed Yoda's guidance one last time to give him the advice and encouragement he needed to move on.

The events of TLJ are not really the end of the Jedi. Think of it more like a new beginning.

You literally did not explain why he did it.

Tell him his take on darker alternate history of your last campaign is lame, and then watch him get butthurt.

I agree.
Plus, I think Yoda just janked his chain when he said that Rey already had all of it in her. He meant literally, she had already read it all.

Yeah, Luke specifically says he isn't the last Jedi and his death won't be the end of the Jedi Order,
then the film cuts to Rey, and later reveals her cache of books. Some viewers just don't pay attention.

You forget that the mouse is cold, calculating, greedy and utterly soulless.
The added all those retarded and nonsensical side-characters into the movie to sell books, cartoons and other merch on them where we finally get to "explore" their past. Same about them forcing the Porgs on us.

>Leia is worst off of all of the original characters considering that she's literally dead IRL
Im not sure about that if look at some of Mark Hamills reaction that his role of a lifetime and his legacy has been reduced to an old man drinking sea-cow milkies and trying to murder children in their sleep.
Disney was thoroughly successful with their character assassination of Luke Skywalker.
They killed his legend.

What did he see? Nothing that he didn't act out, right? Why does he look surprised?

>and trying to murder children in their sleep.
That's not how it happened.
>They killed his legend.
The film literally ends with kids acting out in wonder the legend of Luke Skywalker.

Calm down, you manbaby, it's just a movie. If you're gonna be mad at something, why not be mad at the growing racial inequality, or the power of the top 1%? That's something the Last Jedi actually adressed, making it a way better and more mature movie by proxy.

Which was an absolutely retarded part, jesus christ.

Every single part of this movie was badly written, starting with the new general that casually gets hundreds of people killed because she won´t reveal the plan.

Yoda cackling like a retard while using dark side powers was just the turd on top of the shit-sunday

>The Forse is Russian
Top kek

Watch the Interview on the red carpet, he literally didn't know that they kill Luke off in the end, it was done in post-production.

If true that is some mega horseshit and a huge dick move

Am russian, can confirm I hated it

so they keep the character with the dead actor alive and kill the character with he living actor.
BRILLIANT

You're dumb. Poe got everyone killed with his shitty plan. Her plan was working til DJbetrayed them, a guy who wouldn't have known or been there if it wasn't for Poe.

Man, no joke, I'd be cool with playing in a game that was basically Recettear/Rune Factory. A lighthearted adventure to just fight increasingly powerful monsters for stuff for a shop or to help build up a farmland/town sounds fun as fuck.

I think there was a strong dose of Rian Johnson in among that Mouse paranoida mate. The film pretty much tried to subvert expectation at every turn.

>Yoda cackling like a retard while using dark side powers
There's nothing inherently 'dark side' about using lightning from a storm to burn down a tree. What made Palpatine's use of it 'dark side' was using it to torture Luke.

The movie even tells you to stop thinking of the Force as 'powers'.

>You're dumb. Poe got everyone killed with his shitty plan.
She didn't tell her Plan to Poe, to ANY of her subordinates, so Poe THEN comes up with shitty plan.
If she did tell them, there wouldn't have been any need for the Hacker in the first place you retarded nigger. Its not that hard to figure it out, is it now?

>Her plan was working til DJbetrayed them
Which literally everyone and their mothers could tell from the beginning he will do.

>The film pretty much tried to subvert expectation at every turn.
And which then became a disappointment at every turn.
Snoke dies in a nonsensical way.
Phazma dies in a nonsensical way.
Luke dies in a nonsensical way.

This flick is proof that "subverting expectations" alone doesn't make a good movie.

Would be fun.

>nonsensical
>you keep using that word.jpg

>There's nothing inherently 'dark side' about using lightning from a storm to burn down a tree.
Yes there you philistine ignoramus. Why are you talking straight out of your ass if you dont know anything about Star Wars?
Force lightning always was a dark side power, even George Lucas himself said as much.

>The movie even tells you to stop thinking of the Force as 'powers'.
Oh I know exactly what the movie tells me to think of the force as and its why its so fucking shit. Pic related. The force is "muh vagina".

>Im trying to appear as I have an argument even when I dont

Fp. Bp.

Grow a sack

Right, so if Poe wasn't an egomaniac everything would've been fine. Like, why do people think Poe deserves to know anything? He's just some guy. The generals don't talk to grunts about strategy.

There's a difference between force lightning and force weather control.

I assumed there was a traitor and that's how the empire was tracking them through hyperspace. Telling a bunch of people her plan when they don't need to know is risky.

Also, literally no way is Phasma dead.

>abloobloobloo

George Lucas is no longer relevant to the Star Wars franchise. Also Jesus fucking Christ you're a sensitive whiny fucker, aren't you. That fucking image.

>Luke wasn't 100% ready to let the past burn yet, he still needed Yoda's guidance one last time to give him the advice and encouragement he needed to move on.
So basically, the new movie tells us to leave the series in the past, admit it's dead and find better things to like?

Link to the interview this was taken from?

>Also, literally no way is Phasma dead
Why not?

Other kinds of threat can appear that aren't just recycled villians that were already defeated, like those things you mentioned, famine, sickness, a neighboring nation, another group of adventurers, idk man OP's GM just seems like a lazy cunt.

Never before have I seen somebody so autistic.