Stormbringer just decided to crash land into your setting

Stormbringer just decided to crash land into your setting.
What happens now?

Just another tacky bauble. Absolutely no effect on anything at all.

What thing do?

Nothing. It's very tame in comparison against other artifact weapons.

It gets banned by setting admin Death.

I'll give it to plot-device-NPC to have players call for its help to kill liches or shit.
A superpowerful demon that goofs around in form of a sword. Sucks souls to empower itself and wielder, makes edgy black fire SFX. Tends to make wielders miserable.

I hide this thread again

No, thank you, we already have one.

>Cuts through everything including reality if necessary
>Malevolent as fuck
>Devours souls
>A threat to all of existence and is personally responsible for the death of universes.

Sounds gay

I fail to see what other item can make this thing look "tame" by comparison.

Don't worry. It's supposed to be a little gay. You know. It being an extension of Elric's penis.

It's a Seinarukana inspired setting. Weapons that can rewrite laws of physics, harness souls of entire universes are not that rare.

So how the hell do these artifacts come into play if they're not that rare without the situation sounding completely buttfucking retarded?

What if the situation is supposed to sound completely buttfucking retarded?

Stormbringer doesn’t do much by itself, it actually needs somebody holding it (and reliant upon holding it) to do real damage, and it only really ends reality in a scenario where stuff is already being reset into nothingness.
Blackrazor from D&D is almost the same thing, as is the Sword of Kaas.; powerful soul-eating weapons, to be sure, but not necessarily catastrophic add-ons by themselves without certain situations.

Even ones like Frostmourne from Warcraft are really only as dangerous as it is because it’s hooked up to an existenting entity of much greater power as the Lich-King.

>Stormbringer doesn’t do much by itself, it actually needs somebody holding it (and reliant upon holding it) to do real damage,
Yes and no. It's a bit more complicated than that.
>and it only really ends reality in a scenario where stuff is already being reset into nothingness.
Again, correct but there are certain instances where it goes complete apeshit. And again it's under very specific circumstances but it does act on its own accord.

We toss it over to the only guy in the party with proficiency in swords. Now he can dual wield it with his other universe destroying artifact.

>That bulge

>What happens now?

D
O
O
M
-
L
A
D E S T I N Y
E
N

>Universe that is pretty much being used as the forge for the ultimate weapon against the Monad.

Stormbringer gets bought to the smelter.

Mournblade?

Chaos and order proceed to get balanced.

It's a blade that can fuck up reality, it's powered by devouring souls and is an instrument of fate itself.

Well, I am GMing Stormbringer/Hawkmoon so... nothing new.

DnD 5e. Warlock Hexblade he's the parties leader. Stormbringer would
1) not care
2) Welcome and greet he's fellow Rune Sword maybe?
3)Bind itself to a poor soul and hunt down the Warlock.?

what do you think?

Option 3. Stormbringer is all about inflicting misery and is a proactive element.

The Archdevil who's got his eyes on ruling this setting mobilizes everything he has to throw it into the infinite fires of heaven in hopes it's destroyed so the little shit doesn't fuck up his plans.

He loses his job, because the position of a overpowered god weapon is already taken by the God's greatsword.

It gets destroyed by the white blood cells of the universe.

>"FOOLISH ARCHDEVIL. YOUR LEGIONS AND FORCES WERE ALREADY UNDER MY CONTROL FROM THE VERY START. YOU HAVE MERELY SET YOURSELF UP FOR YOUR OWN DESTRUCTION."
>"NOW PERISH, KNOWING THAT I WAS ALWAYS A THOUSAND TIMES EVILER THAN THOU!"

We'll, there's no point in running
Cause it's coming our way

It waits around for as long as it takes for an Eternal Champion to show up to inadvertently ruin everything.

The current Big bad is a Dwarven Smithing god who has decided to destroy the Universe and reforge so it's less shit.

Stormbringer is smelted in his Celestial Forge and re-purposed as something useful to his cause.

He has done this with Demons, Angels and some lesser Gods already.

Riding the rainbow?

Call the Inquisition immediately, these guardsmen have clearly been performing Heretic Rituals

WELL YOU SODS, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY FOR YOURSELVES?

(Descends into bolt shots)

The Big Cheese of FuckEvil weapons.

Warrior somehow accidentally breaks yet another rare and world-destroying sword

Levitation- Stormbringer is able to levitate by itself, and can be called from afar to fly into it's wielder's hands.
Free Will- Stormbringer has a will of it's own and will not always follow the wishes of it's wielder.
Moonbeam Portal- Stormbringer, under certain circumstances, is capable of cleaving the fabric of space, opening a portal to the Moonbeam Roads.
Soul Devour- Stormbringer will feed on the soul of any being it slays, passing some of the energy on to it's wielder.
Grant Super Strength- If Stormbringer's wielder manages to slay enough foes, the soul-energy they receive from the blade will boost their strength to superhuman levels.
Absorb Law- Stormbringer, though naturally an artefact of Chaos, can absorb Lawful energy, turning the blade bright silver and altering it's effects.
Godslaying- Stormbringer is fully capable of killing gods, even Chaos Lords and Lords of Law, and is greatly feared because of this.

It doesnt sounds that impressive, I mean, it sounds like the typical evil Artifact

Stormbringer is a manifestation of the Black Blade. On the Ice Plains, it was responsible for reigniting the sun and jumpstart the universe again

Wiki doesn't delve into the real nit and gritty. Thing could take on all the 40k hods and win