What happened to the dwarf kings?

What happened to the dwarf kings?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DqC0ejlY7e0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the rings made them greedy and allowed them to amass huge hordes of treasures, which attracted dragons, which ended badly for the dwarves.

the remainder got killed by sauron, who wanted his rings back because they didn't work as planned on the dwarves.

The original seven Dwarven kings get reincarnated over and over again.

its just another plot hole like many others.

The most obvious one being how they didn't just have Eagles take Frodo to Mt Doom.

Yeah, what's with that?

Eagles are alot more high profile than a couple of hobbits and would get rekt by the witch king and the rest of the ring wraiths before making it into mordor airspace. The eagles would probably be susseptible to the ring's corruption aswell, the whole point was the hobbit's love for simple living and lack of greater ambitions was what protected them from going dark side.

Dug too deep, unleashed eldritch horrors upon the world

I heard something like they had to avoid interfering in the world affairs.

Would it still be ok with the canon if my players find in the treasure of a dragon one of those rings that Sauron didn't recover ?

This is bad bait, do not fall for this

No. The Great rings are all accounted for.

Lesser magic rings existed though.

They didn't have eagles take the ring cause of the giant fucking lizards with witch kings flying around, also the enormous burning eye thrust into the sky probably has something to do with it.

While we're at it, what happened to the Elf Lords?

Them or their rings?

The elves recognized that Sauron was trying to corrupt them, so they took his lore and went and made the rings by themselves. They were never under Sauron's control the same way the dwarf and human rings were. Furthermore, the elf rings had the power to stave off the world-weariness of the immortal elves that were growing so tired of existence in the Third Age. One of the rings was kept at Rivendell, another at Lothlorien, which is why elves still laughed and sung and made merry there. Gandalf carried the third ring, which is why he remained good-hearted and uncorrupted when other, more powerful wizards like Saruman succumbed.

LOTR is myth not fantasy.

Why not. I'd be careful with such a thing, there's a reason why even in the Shadow of War game everyone makes a big deal about Celebrimbor's new ring.

Are you implying eagles are more ambitious and have more complex lives than hobbits?

Golly gee you're right! How did that one get by ol' Tolkien?

So the elf-made rings basically made you resilient to corruption ?

So I guess that in The One Ring terms, it makes you keep your Hope more easily amd prevents you from getting miserable.

>Eagles are alot more high profile than a couple of hobbits and would get rekt by the witch king and the rest of the ring wraiths before making it into mordor airspace.

Despite their being literally no proof to support this. The Eagles had no problem showing up at the Black Gate and fucking the Nazguls shit up. Furthermore there are NINE Nazguls and hundreds of eagles.

I'm not 100% on this, mind you, but from what I understand they did have a hope-inducing or despair-warding effect, although I also believe there was still some risk to them--since the One Ring was supposed to the master of ALL rings.

They had a poorly thought out tax policy. They overextended their infrastructure and couldn't police the deeper mines.
The innershafts turned to drugs and crime.

>Why not
Because the books explicitly stated Sauron knows where all of the Seven are

I'm not so sure that the cause and effect of Gandalf staying loyal is due to Narya. Don't forget, Gandalf and Alatar were the original "picks" to go be the emissaries of Valinor, and Saruman was only added on later. And we have the whole thing of the Palantir usage and the mind-to-mind contact with Sauron, and all the fuckery that implies.

And let's not forget that there's no real indication that any of the other 3 wizards were not good-hearted. In fact, one of the reasons Radagast was able to deceive Gandalf when delivering Saruman's messages is that he remained good, which Gandalf could pick up on

I suspect it was more the reverse; at least some of Gandalf's inspirational ability was due to the ring, although parsing that out from his native talents is not easy.

Not just that, but several of them are destroyed and Sauron (either personally or very possibly through agents) controls the rest.

If you want to dig them up and be 'canon', you're probably going to have to do it earlier in the 3rd age before Sauron (or the dragons) get hold of/destroy them.

What happened to the rings as/after the One Ring was destroyed?

Well, they still seem to be physically there, as that scene at the Havens at the end of RoTK Elrond, Galadriel, and Gandalf with their three rings openly visible. But their own visibility seems to indicate that they've lost their power, Sam in the Mirror of Galadriel just sees a star on Galadriel's finger.

Unfortunately (for our purposes) the Three seem to have been in a slightly different category than the other rings that Sauron had a direct hand in making. It's certainly plausible that they still exist but are de-powered, but I could also make a case for the rings themselves crumbling.

There could be a thousand eagles for all the dark lord cares. All that has to happen is for Sauron to focus his will on them for a fraction of an instant and they all start convulsing and drop to the ground

Why didn't they just take a bomber to Germany to kill hitler, could've ended the whole thing right then and there

Orcs have bows, you know. The Eagles are leery of going too near to the scattered human villages of the anduin vales, and I'm betting Mordor's armies are a hell of a lot more alert and organized. There are more things than Nazgul they have to worry about.

Also, please, [citation needed] on there being hundreds of eagles.

>All that has to happen is for Sauron to focus his will on them for a fraction of an instant and they all start convulsing and drop to the ground
What the fuck are you talking about?

gandalf sez

>Seven the Dwarf-kings possessed, but three he has recovered, and the others the dragons have consumed.

you could say that gandalf was wrong, or that one of the rings survived being eaten. not the biggest stretch.

Digged too greedy.

Every time in the books that Sauron gazes directly at one of the characters, they can feel their wills being crushed and they often fall to the ground.

Wrong. It only happens to Pippin when he uses the Palantir (which is a bit different from just being looked at). Aragorn does the same thing and does not suffer the same effects.

What exactly are giants? Created by one of Eru Iluvatar's loyal servants? Corrupt creatures of Melkor?

well good thing eagles are bird-brained twats.

Because the One was the master ring, when it went, so too did the powers of the other rings. They may still exist, but they have no power left.

Dragon poop ring?

Reminds me of my favorite moment in the Hobbit movies: youtube.com/watch?v=DqC0ejlY7e0

I'm sick of the giant Eagles meme. The Eagles refused to fly them to mount doom because they didn't want to be shot by arrows, they ate the livestock of the men of Dale and they wouldn't have gotten that far. Read the fucking books you retarded double niggers.

People will continue to call the eagles a plot hole until people stop getting angry when people call the eagles a plot hole.
ie never.

It's not like the eagles are a taxi service for hire that will blindly do whatever anyone asks of them. They helped out Gandalf and company in the Hobbit because they owed him a favor. If someone asked you to just go ahead and fly to Mount Doom, an amazingly long trip even if you don't get shot at, would you really do it for the sake of a guy that helped you out one fucking time fiftyish years ago, and a bunch of randos that you've never met?

It's an oversight by Tolkien's own admission

'The Eagles are a dangerous 'machine'. I have used them sparingly, and that is the absolute limit of their credibility or usefulness.'

And by 'machine', he meant 'plot device'.
Sounds like he knew what he was doing.