So what Veeky Forums kinda Christmas plans do you have? Gifts you're giving or expecting, scenarios you're running, etc

So what Veeky Forums kinda Christmas plans do you have? Gifts you're giving or expecting, scenarios you're running, etc.

Also dump stories and pics.

>Gifts you're giving
Upgrading a buddy's EDH deck for him. Buying an X-Wing mini and some fancy imperial stout for another friend. Should be received well.

Cool shit! What kind of deck? Hoping for anything yourself?

>What kind of deck?
B/G sacrifice stuff. Nothing exciting, fairly low power since we're a low power group (by choice). Just an overhaul, it's been a few years since it got one.

>Hoping for anything yourself?
One of those friends definitely got me something, since he said so.

What about you? Gifting/getting anything?

>fairly low power since we're a low power group (by choice)

Best way to do it.

>What about you? Gifting/getting anything?
I did get a copy of Dungeon Degenerates for my now ex, but its obviously mine now. Gonna get together with some friends, crank some GWAR and play.

Also, made a bunch of flint and steel sets for my LARP/Reenacting buddies for the respective Christmas events. Expecting a lot of small gifts myself.

>Gifts you're giving or expecting

I'm giving clothes and gift cards because I've reached that age in my life where "thoughtful" gifts have long lost their luster, while I'm expecting the same to me.

I'm giving my aquarium-obsessed sister some really fancy rocks I found on a geologically interesting beach. My parents, who never get around to buying anything, including cheap but incredibly convenient things like power strips, are getting a bunch of convenient things like for instance power strips.

What's that age called, puberty? I kid, I kid.

See, I can't disagree with this more. Thoughtful gifts, ones that show that the gift-giver really considered you and your relationship, are welcome at any stage of life. That you somehow consider people thinking about their gifts to you or thinking about the gifts you give as a bad thing makes me vaguely sad. One should never lose that sense of care for others.

Pic related.

All I want for Christmas is a good game with my old friends.

Dude, useful is useful. Don't knock it.

>I'm giving my aquarium-obsessed sister some really fancy rocks I found on a geologically interesting beach.

Thats cool, actually.

Merry Christmas, user.

Jesus. I made this thread to NOT be depressed...

>Jesus. I made this thread to NOT be depressed...
user, you are in absolutely the wrong place for that. Nice effort though, I at least appreciate it.

Well, I'm not that depressed about it, as I'm not so don't think it's all misery and darkness, alright? It's just a bit painful of a subject, but not one which makes my life bad overall. So don't let me make you miserable when I'm not.

>what Veeky Forums kinda Christmas plans do you have?
I'm gonna paint some minis, because I told my family I'm busy and can't make it

Haven't really gotten anything yet (unless you count the rifle I bought myself)
Getting a DC Multiverse box for one friend and a R&M Funko toy for now. The rest of my friends are likely getting steam games during the winter sale.

Gropey, my dude, do you still have that tumblr or whatever you made with all those stories of yours on it?

Also, sending my friends baked goods because I'm pretty broke.

HUUUURRRRRRRR I'M A RETARDED SNOWFLAKE TRIPFAG LOOK AT HOW SPECIAL I AM LOOK AT MY SHITTY THREAD DUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRR

I am running a Christmas special session for my players. They are basically making a new PC together, taking turns making build decisions in plot.

Doing a secret santa in my unit, and I lucked out to get one of the four dudes who does 40k in my platoon. I scored a squad of Juan Diaz Daemonettes for his Emperor's Children army.

>Trying to pretend to be a trip
>Doesn't have a trip
>Hating on Gropey.
Winter break already? Piss off.

Fuck off, mate. Don't hate on Gropes.

Christmas at home, playing board games with my GF, my roommate and his BF. I got my GF both boxes of Aye Dark Overlord since she loves Kragmortha.

Get raped by a bear and get bear AIDS.

I'm going to do a christmas episode for the evil PC campaign I'm running. They'll be tasked with recovering an artifact satchel capable of creating the object the user desires most from a sorceror clad in crimson robes.

It'll be like the throwaway episode in cowboy bebop/samurai champloo where none of it is canon, so if they fail to get it they'll get whatever exp they earned while alive and nothing else. If they do actually get the sack (by killing /persuading /sneaking past santa) they'll each get to pull a toy out of it. The toys it'll have are fluff items that fit with the characters' goals. The character who craves immortality for example, gets an indestructible artifact action figure of themselves.

Stay at home, drink beer and masturbate.

Be happy goddamn it.

Are you legit busy, or avoiding them? What are you painting?

Whats kinda rifle you get?

Yeah, but I'll post the link next clown thread.
Whacha baking?

Doing a secret santa in my unit, and I lucked out to get one of the four dudes who does 40k in my platoon.
What branch, and where you stationed?

>I scored a squad of Juan Diaz Daemonettes for his Emperor's Children army.
Fucking hell man, what the fuck kind of price limit is your secret santa?!

> playing board games with my GF, my roommate and his BF. I got my GF both boxes of Aye Dark Overlord since she loves Kragmortha.

Awesome. Last time I played Kragmortha, we were pretty drunk, and my buddy chipped a tooth dropping his chin down to the table for that curse card.

Sounds awesome

So a traditional Christmas?

I'm in a business that deals with doughnuts. Gonna get a bunch of doughnut holes and send them via mail to my friends.

The fat kid in me (which is the same as the fat kid outside me), full approves and supports this idea.

Most of the Veeky Forums related items are going to my girlfriend
>Reaper Bones painting set
>Doctor Who Flux
>Tarot Card Dice & Playmat

My nephew is getting remote controlled farting poo. I think he's going to be the winner this year.

You got me

I'm avoiding, besides work and flatmates no one's seen me for two months so far, I might surface again mid to late Jan.
Painting 40k minis, so struggling with painting one yellow army and stripping to redo about 5k of Dark Angels

Mitigate the ideas my family inevitably comes up with - mostly related to spontaneous purchases, other bad financial decisions, and unrealistic resolutions.
It has only gotten worse since the divorce, because before the folks were coming up with them together, now they try to one-up each other.
Deep-clean my apartment.
Maybe assemble / paint some stuff, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Gifts for the family are 100% delegated on my sister, she likes shopping (I'm just paying for them).

Gonna go over to my parents' house. My dad is Texan, so it's tamales for Christmas Eve. I'm cooking a goose for Christmas Day this year. Still haven't settled on a full menu, but I will in the next day or so.

I have reason to believe that my dad and my sister and her husband may have bought me The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, which would be pretty groovy. Dunno about anything else gift wise.

I'm running a an Exalted game and a casual little D&D 5e game. Should be pretty mellow.

That's genuinely hilarious

>That's genuinely hilarious
I try to do a theme each year. This time around it is fecal matter and dinosaurs. I love being an irresponsible uncle at Christmas.