Is your DMing style unique?

I always thought that my style was very unique, I watched a lot of streams and I never saw someone DMing the way I do, I DM nothing like Koebel(pic related), Mercer, Perkins, Colville or any of the e-celebrities. Not even in the games I play I've seen someone DM like I do.

Until yesterday when I found a smallish channel called Questing beast, it was so weird someone with my exact same style, so there it goes my belief that I was unique.

So Veeky Forums is your style unique? To what famous DM are you similar to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Yp1G1B_0B4w
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56948109/#56948109
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you mean you dm in osr style?
that's kinda how I do it to, i prefer rulings to rules. really frustrated some of my players though so I've cut back on rulings.

I supposse, I used to DM 13 years ago 2e, took a big break and now I have been DMing 5e for a bit more than a year.

>Koebel(pic related), Mercer, Perkins, Colville
user. You are aware that these aren't proper DM right? Not when in from of the camera at least. Of course they DM different than everyone else, they are not only full GM but also have to bring part time show-personality. So yeah. No shit their DMing style feels different than yours- Unless you are also a streamer.

I'm tired of seeing threads being derailed by unproductive circle jerks about some nebulous SJW "menace", please don't use that picture in the future.

Mercer is like you describe but people like Perkins and especially Colville seem like they are DMing normally. Koebel depends on the type of show.

To me, Perkins is the actual best out of all of these people. I've never actually seen Colville run for a group of good players, but he invests a lot of thought and energy into his games and hasn't got a lot of return from it as far as I've seen.

Perkins is able to run a pretty solid game for a wide variety of people that aren't necessarily his buddies or peers.

>wristwatch user detected

"I have less patience with someone who doesn't wear a watch than with anyone else, for this type is not time-conscious. In all our deeds, the proper value and respect for time determines success or failure."

This guy looks like he really needs a good beating with a baseball bat.

How do you find the transition from 2e to 5e? They are tied for my favorite D&D edition.

>t. some watchfag hipster

Easy. I actually stopped playing because everyone was playing 3e which I hated (then I forgot about d&d).

5e and 2e are similar enough, it has a many things I always wanted to see in the game and a few things that I do not like.

But they feel very similar at least for me, even though /osr/ says they are completely different.

Bruh LOOK AT DIS DOOD

LOOK AT HIS HAIR

As if being insufferable knuckle tattooed hipster scum bag wasn’t enough reason to hate Adam he doubles down on his douchiness by being a narravitist Story gamer. The lowest of the low.

/osr/ secretly loves 5e. I feel like when you approach 5e from an /osr/ angle, it's an entirely better game than what 5e general kids do with it.

Koebel for a show tends to give a camera-direction point of view to literally make a cinematic scape for the game, but yeah his strongest ability is GMing a game properly adjusting to the rules set.

In comparison Mercer and Colville are extremely inflexible as GMs (especially Mercer), and Perkins has a more flexible but established style. Based on what I’ve seen anyways.

Perkins is the God of splitting the party though. I swear half the time they don’t even realize they split themselves up until someone is almost dead and unreachable.

Perkins consistently runs a good game, even with a kind of crappy party. youtu.be/Yp1G1B_0B4w

that is someone who didn't get enough attention as a kid

>Colville ... extremely inflexible as GM
Really? The way he presents his how-to videos suggests anything but... I don't have the patience to watch other people's 4 hour sessions, but is there a highlight you can think of?

Colville is proof that you can have a great GM, but if your players are shit, your game is going to be shit as well.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56948109/#56948109

If you had any respect for time you wouldn't let some filthy watch tell you what it is.

Man, the Arian brotherhood has a weird new look.

I mean flexible in changing your methodology, not in how flexible you are to character actions.

The only way to fix it is for Veeky Forums to grow a thicker skin so they stop being triggered by stupid shit, and you can't do it by coddling them. LOOK AT HIS HAIR, YOU DUMB FUCKS! GO ON, LOOK AT IT!

You sound like such a globalist cuck chaining your wrist to a watch.

>le epic beard face
I hate normalfags so much

>The only way to fix it is for Veeky Forums to grow a thicker skin so they stop being triggered by stupid shit, and you can't do it by coddling them. LOOK AT HIS HAIR, YOU DUMB FUCKS! GO ON, LOOK AT IT!

For real though if Veeky Forums didn't have board-specific mods, this board would immediately start to improve because the people who couldn't handle seeing things like OP's image would eventually stop browsing this board.

I think my style is fairly generic, but I'm still learning. I feed off of good players, but I mostly play with normalfags who are interested in D&D because it has become culturally acceptable now.