Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1948: The Absolute State of /JC/ Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bYztEyaQFfA
lmgtfy.com/?t=i&q=Medaka drum stick
reddit.com/r/characterdrawing/comments/7jcvc4/a_slime_wizard_commission/
youtube.com/watch?v=AtvCAh_18tY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Boku no Nubee jump when?

>That Dragunity perk last thread
My God, SMTAnon, have you just unleashed a perk that allows for mass shounen protagonist production?! YOU FOOL!

I am incredibly hype for Duel Terminal Part 1.

If /JC/ was an American State, which one would it be?

Puerto Rico

California, because it is full of fags

Jump 61: Sailor Moon
Origin: Mysterious Protector
Perks:
Thrown Roses
With Grace and Dignity
Psychometry [1600]
Dramatic Appearance [1500]
Guardian Sense [1300]
Destiny Sense [1100]
Look Out! [900]
The Power of Bonds [600]
Abracadabra
Power Up [300]

Companions:
Powerful Companion [100] - Princess Serenity
Fellow Senshi x8 [0] - I'll finish these later

Drawbacks:
Reincarnated [1200]
Unlucky Target [1400]
Old Foe - Stone [1700]
Klutz [300]

>All but one of the stars have gone out.
>A beacon in the void, with that tiny blue planet on the horizon and the rock of the moon at my feet.
>Fleets fall and collapse, the bodies of their crew letting out soundless screams as they squirmed and gasped in the abyss.
>A lone capital and her cities dot the surface - this and Earth is all that's left.
>A sun-sized red orb opens...and then another. Two baleful eyes stare at me and two wings spread, covering the darkness of space like the shadow of a new sunrise.
>Then, light. The dragon's maw opens and hateful energy of shadow and fire forming, preparing to finish the extinction of all lights in this battered universe.
>Yet, I feel no fear.
>Instead, my heart is full of jubilation. Because I have not yet begun to fight.
>For a moment, I don't care about the fate of the universe or what cruel twist of destiny brought me to this point.
>All that's here right now is me and Him.
>Riyu Jingi Bang, twice reforged, is in my hand. Mjolnir floats faithfully by my side. My Gold Armor, battered and in need of repair, still gleams.
>"Burn, my Cosmo."
>A prayer, and a promise.
>I get a running start, moving slow at first before it delved into a sprint, before I charged at the beast's colossal torso, white light behind me as I sailed like a comet into the avatar of all the world's evils contained within a single mad and vengeful creature.
>"HAVE AT YOU!"
>We clash, for the final time...!

“Mmmm...” I groan softly as I rub my eyes, a bit of bed-head covering my eyes. That was an odd dream. Father and mother sometimes told me about such things usually being prophetic or some sign of destiny at work, but I really think it's just a sign I haven't gotten enough sleep. Sure enough, I'm not in my bed but against my desk. I must have dozed off when I was thinking about...about her.

Oooof...my head really hurts all of a sudden. The room feels like it's spinning. I'm not the type for drinking and merriment, so why am I left wondering ‘what on Earth was I doing last night’? Instinctively, I check my bed and throw the covers off, and let out a sigh of relief. Good. My midnight rendezvous with Serenity haven't escalated THAT much. Not that I'd mind, but...you know. Royal duties, true love being a problem with my parents, that sort of thing.

>“Prince Endymion.”
Hearing my name, I turn my head over to see Kunzite looking at me expectantly.
>"You're expected at the throne room today."
“Ah...be there in a moment.”
He bowed, pausing for a moment before turning away. If I didn't know any better, I'd think he was glaring at me. Did he suspect something...? I'd hardly expect anything to get past a general. Damn it. That nightmare put me on edge.
I looked in the mirror, seeing a simple and fair-haired prince with bedhead staring back at me as I tried combing it in a hurry.
“Let's get this over with,” I say to no one in particular as I step out of the room.

>A key softly gleams in the light of the bedroom, resting on the desk of the Prince as he steps out of the room.
>This plays instead of the normal Sailor Moon OP: youtube.com/watch?v=bYztEyaQFfA

Full write-up after a few days. Or weeks.

When Val makes it.

Easiest way to get Irisviel as a companion?

Fate GO, there's an event where a bunch of grails fuck around and make Iri clones.

>This plays instead of the normal Sailor Moon OP
What the fuck why does this sinc up so well with the Sailor Moon opening

As far as I know, Solitaires sometimes lose their souls when becoming what they are. So does the taking of the Solitaire perk give the Laughing God power over you? Do you lose your soul? Craftworld Eldar is what I'm talking about, by the way.

Yes, it's a trap option

Weeellllll, piss.

It doesn't seem to specifically say it does? You could always ask Manyfist what he meant - technically, he did the original writeup, and is also still around.

>Trap option

They don't exist.

Yes they very well do. For example if you take the A.I origin and capstone in Red Vs Blue then you will be tortured to make fragments.

No you won't because you're writing the story and you can just write yourself out of that situation. You're the one writing it.

The jump is called project freelancer for some reason.

Depends on how you interpret Demoiselle in Fire Emblem Fates.

I remember in a very roundabout way, the ritual to become one is actually supposed to IMMUNISE you from Slaanesh by alienating you completely, because s/he can't eat your soul if you...have your soul? I remember it being explained as for a second, your soul dangles out into the Warp but at the last second Cegorach nicks it from under Slaanesh's nose. Unless it goes wrong. Which it sometimes does.

Except maybe for the sad bastard who's supposed to play Slaanesh in their dance-parties. Not sure what's up with that guy.

That has always bugged me desu.

We've got a Touken Ranbu jump. That has many options for traps.

Must not read many Babylon jumps, then.

How do I steal Reinhard's Lance without it killing me instantly because I'm not the most charismatic person ever, and how do I make it work for me?

*don't have your soul

Become the most charismatic person ever.

>Jumper
>not the most charismatic person in existence
Huh. I don't think I've seen this build before.

Somehow I feel like old /jc/ would see us as paranoid, since there's no longer the assumption that anons will understand your true intent on reading the perk.

It could easily be countered that they were too trusting, but having an argument with your past self is probably a bad idea.

>having an argument with your past self is probably a bad idea

On the other hand, that sounds like something Past Us would have said.

...is it? What per se would happen if you did it?

The powerwanker trio: Overlord the Series, DYN Freaks, and Medaka Box. Anyone who jumps these are scum.

My plan in Dies Irae is to fuck off to live inside Jupiter while training, am I safe from the plot or do I still have to worry about becoming collateral/fucking things up if I make too much noise?

Well, you screw up the timeline, for one thing. Remember how you're not supposed to meet or touch your past self when you time-travel or you cause a paradox and everyone dies? It's like that, but if you're yelling at them over the internet the effect is lessened. You don't kill everyone, things just stop making sense.

Ugh! I'm scumming, user!

Use Any Magic Item from Overlord LN outta do it.

I think Val said events in the jump will lean towards one of the gentler routes by default, i.e. one of the routes where there is no cosmic battle where existence is compressed into an elementary particle and shot at someone who can tank it.

So yeah, you'd be safe.

If you can leave the city you should be safe, the action is confined there up until the point that everyone ascends past the universe to do big dumb cosmic slap fights. And I believe that Val said that so long as you don't interfere with the plot, it will go down a route that doesn't end in horrible things for the universe you're in.

Isn't there a perk in the jump that makes you as charismatic as Reihard? Just stack that with literally and other charisma perk. Then you'd be more charismatic than Reinhard and thus the only person able to use the lance.

Do we have any berserk kind of modes/powers we can get? Thinking like Medaka's War God Mode (Before she fixed it) and maybe Tristepin when he goes all Iop on his enemies.

the Drugs from Hotline Miami enhance berserk states and battle trances, which is useful.

>Overlord the Series
This really, really doesn't fit with the others. Unless something major happened in the last volume.

Shitposters are scum

Reminder that Medaka once tied a wooden drumstick in a knot, so Medaka Sue would presumably let you do that as well.

In case that was a thing you ever needed to do.

Overlord the series
Wht 2.6
E rantel
24 yo male
Player
Slime free
Magic caster
Tolerance for evil free
Personal inventory free
Alchemist innate talent free
42nd supreme being 200
Level 100 free
Class skills magic caster free (arcane caster)
Dark wisdom 0
Abyss of magic -300

Items (200)
Ring of Erlu -500
Magic charger free
Gate token free
Alchemy lab and shop -550
Gold coins -600
Ring of Ainz Ooal Gown free
Themed aesthetics free mage

Drawbacks
Racial discrimination -400
Subpar build -100
Bandit woes 0

Companion
Homonculous maid free
Custom NPC

Custom npc: 600
Themed aesthetics
Level 100
Legendary equipment
Dragonoid
Female
Warrior
Tolerance for evil
Personal inventory
Class skills x4 300
• Damage focused
• Defense focused
• Magic warrior
• Monk
Tireless 200
The long game 0

If anyone knows of any good pictures with a slime wizard in them I would really appreciate them.

My plan is to just kinda... saunter off and set up a potion shop in e rantel. Wait for momonga to take over. Act like it is all according to keikaku (means plan).

Are you sure that's not just a euphemism?

Was this before or after she copied a gajillion Skills?

I think this was before she witnessed Ajimu going all-out.

She has short hair, and Zenkichi is running for Student Presidency, so I want to say after.

Don't quote me on this, tho.

Did you just have that lying around, or did you just know offhand what chapter it was from?

lmgtfy.com/?t=i&q=Medaka drum stick

Fun fact you can bend any wooden object (as long as it is sufficiently thin) by heating it with boiling water or steam

Wow. What a bizarre power. I don't know how any human could replicate that, she's truly done the impossible, there.

Hmm... Yeah, in that case, it seems like it might be a bit too much to wank it coming with Medaka Sue. It could have been any one of those, it's only slightly better than saying you'd gain great tea-making abilities from it.

>the manga leaves out a montage of Medaka painstakingly boiling some water and calculating the right temperature needed to make this threat while Zenkichi wasn't looking

Question Valeria. Momoyo can get tired right? Want to know to see if a battle by attrition could work

Wait, she's not tying it in a knot! She's just bending it a little without breaking it. You lied to us, user.

You act like she wouldnt do that

You know, the funny thing is, her doing something like that would totally be in-character.

So is Complete Arsenal from Worm a direct copy of Eidolon?

Also, would an Endbringer just, like, stop working if you got it far enough away from Earth? (trying to figure out how an early-chain jumper whose main combat powers were a straight flying brick package like Kryptonian Physiology from Kingdom Come could beat one, so no magic/dimensional effects/conceptual bullshit)

No and no.

Though if you're an actual comics Kryptonian, you should just be able to punch one and transmit enough energy to damage the core. Be careful, though. They might develop countermeasures if you kill too many, I mean, other than kicking the rest into gear. And you don't really have many other options if that's all you have.

>So is Complete Arsenal from Worm a direct copy of Eidolon?
At the very least, it's much weaker than Eidolon's version, both in switching speed and raw power. I think CA may also be creating powers whole-cloth, while I'm pretty sure Eidolon just takes powers that are already "in circulation" and removes some of their limiters.
It's essentially his power though.

We don't know how the fuck Endbringers work. It's all weird "comic book science pretending to be hard science" nonsense from someone who doesn't like to give answers on how things work. I don't think you CAN beat them without either dimensional shenanigans, conceptual shit, or enough raw power to bust planets.

It's a shitty nerfed copy because for some reason Worm user loves using random dice rolls to determine an important part of your character rather than the much more sensible tiered pricing.

I specifically put worm off by like, fifty jumps to avoid having to do that. Trying to figure it out for my next chain.

Use your brian

It grows into Eidolon's power, as far as I can tell.

reddit.com/r/characterdrawing/comments/7jcvc4/a_slime_wizard_commission/

To be fair, "have an important part of your character decided by dice rolls" is totally fitting with the tone of Worm.

Like, getting screwed over by dice rolls during character creation is something the author purposely put in the pen and paper game.

Do not listen to this user. Grue is shit and will be of no help.

Does Aura of (Perk) from Diablo I + II apply to just one perk ever, or one at a time?

>200 CP - Aura of (perk)
>You can share the effects of a single perk you possess with others. It will take time and practice for the granted blessing to match the full benefit you personally gain from it, as well as to increase the range of this ability. At first reaching only a few meters with half effect at best, long practice will see the full strength of a perk gifted to all allies in sight.
It reads more to me like "one ever", especially with the second sentence: It's a singular "blessing" that has to be trained to match your own perk, and it never implies anywhere that you can gain multiple. On the other hand, that's not really how the in-game skill works, with there being multiple versions of Aura you can use/swap. Personally, I'd say it just gives you one such version unless the jumpmaker clarifies otherwise. Course, that's effectively just fanwank on my part. Do it however you prefer.

It's a weaker version of Eidolon's powers, that potentially can grow to his level or beyond. As for the Endbringers, it's unclear. Parahuman powers do shut down if the user gets too far from Earth, but that's a designed restriction to keep everyone in the petri dish rather than an actual limit of the shards. Endbringers may or may not have that weakness, it's unknown.

Genasi (Earth) (+200 CP)

While the other planetouched races may not find the Underdark a comfortable place to live, those descended from earth outsiders are quite happy below ground. The feeling of stone and earth surrounding them on all sides feels subtly of home and the darkness no hindrance to their eyes. They are still uncommon, even rare, in most parts of the Underdark. But here and there you will find small communities these tough, solid people have built for themselves.

Earth Genasi proudly show their planetouched heritage, but most of their features are similar to those of Humans. They often have one or two distinguishing characteristics that firmly set them apart and make it hard to mistake them for those they resemble. Eyes like gems, a gravelly voice, very large hands and feet, a metallic sheen their hair or skin, or even sweating mud instead of water are just among the most common seen in them.

They have very little in the way of an organized culture, religion, or even traditions. But they are proud of their heritage and all celebrate their connection to the element that helped spawn them. Unlike other planetouched, this takes the form of quiet confidence instead of loud boasting or flamboyant displays. They also hold no special attachment to others of their kind, but this is more due to their rarity than anything else.
[1/2]

The few Earth Genasi settlements held in the Underdark exist because of sheer determination or raw power. The stubbornness with which they defend their chosen cavern or series of caves would be admirable if it wasn’t nearly suicidal this far below the surface. Still, they do exist and are often supported by powerful earth elementals or outsiders. They tend to be rich colonies and rare bright spots in a dark and evil place.

Earth Genasi tend towards Martial talents most of all. The straightforward approach matches their personality and strength of will. They are the least like to approach the Arcane arts. Those that do often specialize in spells that bolster their martial talents or natural affinity towards earth. They also have few interested in the Divine. This is due to their lack of a central faith more than any disinterest in the divinities themselves.

Earth Genasi are all strong and durable, but tend to be oblivious and stubborn. They have a slight resistance to Earth-based magic that grows in power as they do, but spells also treat them as Outsiders, which can cause some problems. They also have the ability to see in pitch darkness a fair distance, if only in black and white. Finally, they have a touch of magic flowing through their veins from their unnatural parentage that makes it impossible to track their movements through non-magical means for an hour each day.
[2/2]

Maybe stop attention whoring? Come back when you have some actual work to critique.

It's a better version of Eidolon's powers, because you don't literally burn out the powers you're using over time, and you can eventually grow your power to have more then 3 and better powers overall then Eidolon does.

Is it just the fact the Underdark is so high CR or something that the Genasi are giving points? Apologies if this has been asked or clarified before.

>57003206
Not even worth a (U wot mate?)

Seems pretty meh for 200 CP, but don't know what else you have in the jump so maybe not.

All I know about the second one is no you can't apparently without magic, cause I asked if I could kill enbringers by cutting through space with an attack that cuts through everything and can't be dodged. I got an entire thread on why they're bullshit strong and why i was stupid for thinking i could kill them.

Can't we all just be nice to each other?

Reminder that the Thinker powers are the best choices for a Jumper. Most Thinker powers are balanced by their users otherwise being normal people, but a Jumper with OOC stuff would lack that weakness and end up crazy broken.

You can kill the Endbringers by looking at them funny, the thread was shitting on you because you're probably a shitposter and you didn't realize it because you're an idiot.

NEVER

>cutting through space with an attack that cuts through everything and can't be dodged
Uh, what attack specifically? That sounds like it should definitely be up to the job, but you might be overhyping it.

Cool! Maybe not as spicy as the properly paid-for races are likely gonna be, but I imagine the dark vision and anti-tracking thing will be useful for someone who really can't afford to buy something with more innate powers.

>They are the least like to approach the Arcane arts.
least likely?

but why

It's entirely possible but impossible to enforce.

youtube.com/watch?v=AtvCAh_18tY

Alabama, because must of your assholes shoot first, ask questions never and would probably waifu your ow daughters given half a chance.

Sure.

This is for all you content creators out there. Thanks.

I'm not sure if it's a designed restriction or that shards are much more affected by spacial distances than interdimensional "distances".

But either way Endbringers don't have that limitation ("The Simurgh had approached from the far side of the moon").

I DISAGGREE

That's all right. It has been asked, but it's a reasonable question. Yeah, the Underdark is a pretty dangerous place, so I'm setting the Free point on races higher than the basic races. Right now Drow are my gold standard for Free races, but the list is still in the rough stages.

No no, you're getting back 200 CP for choosing them. Because they don't get much as far as races go.

I would very much enjoy that.

Pretty much everything is going to have dark vision or some kind of low-light vision. It's basically required for the Underdark. But yeah, they don't get much at this level.

>least likely?
Yeah, that's the kind of silly mistakes my brain likes to make and Google Docs likes to miss.

If you've got something that can cut through layered dimensions, then there's no issue with "killing" the Endbringers - Assuming you strike the right point. If it can't affect the other layered dimensions, then it would have minimal effect and the damage would be repaired by the other dimensions.
Scion would require a bit more, as the dimension(s) in which is actual body is at is sealed off, but ultimately being multidimensional is still their primary defense.

I wonder if I could make my Madness Wavelength in Soul Eater something more specific like 'Christmas Cake Fetish'.