What is Veeky Forums's approved elf race

what is Veeky Forums's approved elf race

/thread

While elves are my favourite fantasy race in general, snow elves and painted elves have traditionally been my favourite elven subraces. The idea of Shadar-kai being an elven subrace has also started to grow on me since the latest 5e Unearthed Arcana.

Dead.

Ask Slaanesh

What about elves that can change between subraces?

I use island elves in my campaign. They're like normal elves, but delicious brown and notoriously light on clothing.

Drow when they actually are like they are supposed to be: stupid evil backstabbing spider amazons

None of that evil sue or dindu bullshit

Wood elves, but only if they're interpreted as redneck NEETs.

Dunmer

Druchii

What are painted elves?

all of them desu

I want to hug all of them!

They were in 3.5.

They're basically wild elves, which, in turn, are the more barbaric and druidic cousins of the wood elves, except they live in rocky deserts and petrified forests. Also, they camouflage themselves themselves with various pigments and paint their faces and bodies with colourful war paints: thus the name.

I like to use them a lot since I like desert ecosystems and settings. I usually give them chalky grey skin and washed out pastels as hair colours in order to further differentiate them from other elves, but that's not what they normally look like.

Hentai anime elves, because everybody automatically starts frothing at the mouth the moment somebody posts them

Filthy s'wit

Wood elfs to put arrows into revenuers trying to come onto their property and take their moon's shine away, and high dark elves to be magicrackheads holding on to the lore from the fallen ancient civilization. There is no use for more than two.

there is literally nothing wrong with hentai elves

Duck size.

Those are fine. I'll even accept sun/moon split.

Blood.

I only like two kinds of elves. Shortstakcs with the Racks. Or tall ottermode tanks. I don't give a shit about the color or the culture.

I like them too, but Bethesda like shitting on them at every opportunity.

Orsimer

Bosmer from TES are cool and good in my book; any elf that exclusively eats meat is Chad enough for me, in spite of their scrawny little elf frames.

I like masked elves like in Wearing very finely crafted masks with plenty of ornaments, made by the most dedicated elven artisans who spend years working on a single mask.
The entirety of the social status of an elf, be it male or female, is determined by the quality of their masks. These cannot be bought, but rather are given individually by the High Artisan, the elf with the best mask crafting skill (usually the oldest). All elf citizens are given masks according to their status, from common citizens, to wizards and to the highest heroes.
When an elf believes they have achieved something of value they can file a request for a better mask.

Asur/Eldar desu

Asur. Dunmer. Noldor.

All of them and none of them. Depending on the mood.

Mist elves from ADoM are pretty cool in regard to their gameplay mechanics like the restriction on wearing anything metal and flat 50% physical damage reduction.

>Dunmer
>Dwemer
>Druchii/Asur/Asrai (WHF elves in general are cool)
>Drow (when done right)
>WC belfs
I've always also had a soft spot for just generic high elves. My absolute favs are Dwemer, though.

I do like me some drow.

None. Be original. Stop copying Tolkien.

I wish people would copy Tolkien. We would have a million times better elves.

They're also made specifically to be a challenge race and if you ported them straight up to D&D they'd just fucking die over and over.

Best ADOM elf is gray elf.

Absolutely Dwemer. Original and interesting take on dwarves and just a very cool elf subrace at the same time.

Elder Scrolls has great elf lore in general, really.

So Revenant it is

OK, so let us copy Moorcock then

It comes down to elder scrolls vs warcraft vs warhammer. And only warhammer is truly Veeky Forums so they win. Dark eldar/dark elves to be more specific

Deep Ones

In my setting, Elves are replaced with sapient camelid creatures. Most that society interract with have humps, but in the southlands, there lives a warring group of non-humped between the lowland tribes and the highland tribes; a generational war over grammar. You see, they can't agree if Language is spelled with one, or two L's.

In my setting, Elves are actually the land itself. They were forged out of clay by the gods, and are still scared of high temperatures to this day. They also melt in the rain and shatter if they fall over.

High Elves. Anything like snow elves or air elves or heat elves is just silly.

These primitive mentalists

If you're worried about their scrawny frames just know they can perform a ritual were they turn into monstrosities that devour armies. Not in the games, but their lore has some interesting shit.

What is the criteria for an elf to be an elf? Is it just long ears? Large lifespans? What would it do to actually be "original?"

Essential elf is used to have an empire, don't anymore, and it's everybody else's fault.

Warlord TCG elves are my favorite elves.
>Cursed with incredibly short lives (I think only 20-30 years total) they gravitate to one of two extremes:
>Reject Death: By becoming Necromancers and Evil Clerics, using the dark arts to extend their lives for every second they can
>Embrace Death: by becoming Assassins. If they can't live past 20, no one will.

I've had the recent fantasy of elves not being a proud and noble race brought low and fucked by savages, but being a servile race, like the house elves in Harry Potter, and fucked by their masters. How degenerate am I?

none

All TES meryes even female high elves and not limited to orcs

Kingdom of Amalur's bro Elves and it's elf-like fae.

Dragon Ages second class citizens city elves and confused tribal "we Wuz" elves.

A better question would be what are your favorite dwarves and dwarven culture?

I also dig Dragon age with their infinite underground empire collapsing into glorious ruins and abandoned sub terrain highways. Their caste system and view of relation is also quite interesting.

Ewww, what shitty movie is this?

>Not loving HELLBOY bamf elves.

nigga you what?

Looks like something a 10 year old would find "cool".

You seem to think that's a bad thing.

Noldor [excluding those who followed Fingolfin]

Blood Elves

Dwarven cultures do not exist because dwarves are the designated race for people without imagination

The 5k

ONLy elves I can some what stand are of the Wood (wild?) variety. Can’t take the effeminate cultures super smart ones.

How about brutal super smart ones?

Dunmer are my niggas

*n'wahs

corpses

Thanks for the bump!