My character was in a trance-like state and trying to walk away towards some distant, unseen voice...

My character was in a trance-like state and trying to walk away towards some distant, unseen voice. A simple slap didn't snap him out of it, so the party tied him down while they thought of a plan.

That Guy kicked my character in the face at full force with an armored boot while my character was tied down and on the floor.

It was enough to warrant an attack roll. Our DM has a boner for grittiness, so we use an awfully lethal system. That Guy's roll was shit, so my character just ended up with moderate penalties to everything for a few days.

What is an appropriate and measured response?

Pic unrelated.

Get healed up. Pretend it didn't affect you emotionally.
Then, once he needs healing/to be lifted up from the edge of a cliff, go all Scar from Lion King on him. "Long live the king."

>woke.gif
/pol/ pls go

Kill him, eat his flesh, wear his skin. Stick his head on a spike and use it as a ventriloquist dummy. Not his character. Do it IRL.

Shove your tongue down their throat irl.

It's hard to respond to people who are too socially inept to understand what sort of response is proportional in any given situation.

If he thought kicking you in the face was a perfectly normal and rational attempt to resolve the situation, there's no telling what he'll do when you get in his face about it.

This is legitimately the most rational point I’ve ever seen on Veeky Forums

Solution, remove his face.

You were mind controlled, he tried to help. Don't complain about how people try to fix your fuckups.

>hurr durr I blame players when they fail saves
You're the kind of inept moron that shouldn't play games with random number generators.

You call your GM a wanker for being such a shitbird.

Should a decent GM moderate his players when they behave like antisocial retards?

I'm a firm believer in letting the players do whatever they want. If it's stupid, they'll just have to face the consequences.

"I did nothing wrong, it's everyone else fault that I was vulnerable to mind control"

>Should a decent GM moderate his players when they behave like antisocial retards?
Yes. Yes, of course he should. Part of the GM's job is to make sure the game is enjoyable for everyone. Part of making a game enjoyable is punishing antisocial retards and training them to not be antisocial and retarded.

The only way to be invulnerable to mind control is to cheat on die rolls.

That's a hard no on my part.

>Part of the GM's job is to make sure the game is enjoyable for everyone.
That's part of the players' job, too. If they can't be arsed, I see no problem with the GM leaning back and letting basic group dynamics take care of the punishment.

It's the group's "job" overall, and the GM is very much a part of the group. And yes, the GM should absolutely be taking a little more responsibility than the other members when mediating player actions, of all things.

We started off so strong
And ended back in darkness

Shon-chan doesn't count as CP, right? I mean, it's basically two "U" shapes, and done for comedy.

Comedy dinkie.

This is OP.

For reference, what I actually did was laugh, tell him plainly that this was a retarded thing to do, and drop solid gold clangers for the rest of the session.

"Hey, this door is locked. Better kick someone in the face."
"I want to climb that wall. Who do I need to kick in the face to do that?"
"Oh, you're hungry? Have you tried kicking anyone in the face?"

I'm the best.

I can't see how he used a kick and not a slap, it's the most traditional thing to do when somebody is acting weird, a bucket of water is a good choice too, what would your GM do? roll for a water elemental attack? saving throw from choking?

>There is mind control in the setting
>Don't have any magic, skills, abilities or items to resist it.

You didn't buy an umbrella and you got wet. It happens. Don't be a pussy about it.

They tried slapping him and it didn't work.

I had both protective items and a save of my own, friendo. Sometimes the dice just fuck you.

Whenever you get the chance, kick him in the dick, but this time make it actually useful for the scenario (get creative) so you can show how really retarded he is.

Or murder him in his sleep

>It was enough to warrant an attack roll.
I fucking hate that shit, just like when you get critical hit with a punch that wasn't done with the intent to kill and you end up killing somebody anyway just because it happened irl

None, you were in a trance, reacting to the kick is metagaming

You don't ask any critical questions when you randomly wake up with a broken nose?

I don't necessarily have a massive boner for realism, but I think it's better to treat violence like what it is; potentially life-threatening even if it's just a punch. People don't understand how easy or hard it can be to kill someone.

But did it work?

Drawings aren't CP.

Think again

Oh, sweet summer child. I hope you never play with an old school dm. A max roll means you only resisted for so long, while negating it only means the means to do so burn out the next round.

Drawings aren't CP.

Boy, I sure am glad those days are over and gone.

The last old school DM hasn't died yet.

Punch the player.

The last WWI veteran only died in 2012 but that doesn't mean the war lasted for 98 years.

I have a similar story.

>That Guy's playing an elf
>Has heard that it's uncomfortable for an elf to be woken up from his reverie
>The party's spending the night barricaded in a tower in the middle of Bad Juju Forest
>Massive Bad Juju Spiders starts reaching in through the windows to get at the party
>That Guy's on watch, the party is sleeping, the other elf PC is in reverie
>He wakes up the humans only
>They decide this place isn't safe anymore, try to shake the other elf awake
>That Guy turns away from the spiders completely and nocks an arrow at his human party members
>Ends up shooting one of them for having the gall to attempt to wake up an elf
>In the middle of an attack

The last WW2 veterans held out until '74. They would have shot and killed you despite the war being officially over.
And there are some voices that say we should stick WW1 and WW2 together as one big war, because the break in between was really only a rearmament for the inevitable continuation.

I'm saying that you can still run into and play with an old school DM, despite 'those days' being over.

Elvish elitism at its finest.

I am angry.
ANGRY ABOUT ELVES.

You're an idiot, dude.

Should've used him as a bait while the rest of the party is bailing out, preferably crippling him intentionally

Onoda died in 2014. He's not the last WWII veteran.

Way to miss the point.
Up to '74 he was actively fighting a war that was "over" to everybody else.

Another one:
>The party has been framed for treason
>Working undercover to prove their innocence, protect the world from devastation, and unite all people within the nation
>We've split up, some of us are laying low in a brothel in the skeevy end of the nation's capital
>That Guy doesn't like me because I call That Guy's character a cunt whenever he does cunty things
>Decides he's gonna get me in trouble while we're making our way to our rooms for the night
>DM describes some burly NPC in shiny leather BDSM gear looking around our hallway for an 'employee'
>That Guy decides to volunteer me
>"Shut the fuck up you cunt, we're supposed to keep a low profile."
>Too late, Bubba has spotted me and is demanding service.
>My character is pretty burly himself, so he tells Bubba to fuck off
>Turns into a kerfuffle that draws the attention of the owner
>That Guy, who had hidden in his room, picks this moment to randomly come out into the hallway and tell the owner that I was whoring myself out in his establishment
>Owner is getting too old for this shit and kicks us all out into the street
>I drag That Guy into an alleyway for a pointed conversation about 'laying low'
>He tries to leave, but I've got a tightening grip on his collar
>"Let me go or I'm calling the guards."
>"We're wanted men trying to lay low, you incredible retard."
>"GUARDS GUARDS I'M BEING ASSAULTED BY [my character's real name], THE WANTED FUGITIVE."
>A chase ensues, but we escape from the long dick of the law and make it to the other PCs' hideout
>Nice town house in a richer district, a wealthy benefactor's place

I snuck into That Guy's room at night and started beating him until four servants of the household pulled me off. He nearly died. Everyone understood. Unfortunately, we were still all in this together.

>some burly NPC in shiny leather BDSM gear
>Bubba has spotted me and is demanding service

You have literally the worst DM.

Around elves, watch yourselves.