Help with weird races

Hello

I'm currently creating a new homebrew campaign for my mates. Due to popular demand among the party, the next campaign will be set in a classical fantasy universe. I will be rolling with the usual fantasy races of Humans, Dwarves and Elves since that seems to be what most of the party members want.
Here I come to my question: One guy from the party, who is also a huge weeb, messaged me in private and asked me if I could implement a "catgirl race". I told him that I would look into it, but without any promises.

What the fuck should I do now? How the fuck do I explain "catgirls" with ingame lore, other than "some god created them"?
I kind of want to give him what he wants, but I don't want to fuck up my lore with fanservice crap..

Has anyone experience with something like that?

You don't. You've got a "that guy", user.
Put your foot down now or regret it later.

A wizard did it.

Near human "cat" girls with ears and tail glued on are lame. Make him have an ACTUAL cat girl, or tell him to fuck off and play a cosplaying human.

Your "friend" is a weeaboo or a furfag trying to live out one of his fetishes. Kick him from the game, he's going to be a shit player. There's no excuse for him not realizing why wanting to play a catgirl is retarded as fuck.

>You don't. You've got a "that guy", user.
>Put your foot down now or regret it later.

seconded. your player is a creepy magical realm tool, and has helpfully drawn your attention to this in advance. you should not only refuse to implement the race, you should refuse to play with this unpleasant dude.

your game will be better for it.

of course, if he's "your friend" then i can't help you. if your life is such a mess that you're friends with weeb cunts, there will be too many unstated complications in the overall situation for you to do anything sensible about it.

Give him a werecat. Human with some catlike instincts for most of the month, and an oversized cat when there's a full moon.

Followers of the god/goddess of the hunt. They style themselves after what they consider the mightiest predators (read: felines).
The most outstanding among them receive the blessing of their god (A god did it)/ participate in a ritual allowing them to become closer to true apex predators and gain one or more feline attributes. Gaining the dexterity, the strength, the senses of a mighty feline. An honor reserved to great heroes and hunters, due to the costly and lengthy preparations needed for the ascendancy.
While an "ascended one" won't pass on these traits to their children, there are some cases in which some external traits might be inherited. Things like tails, ears, patches of fur, cat eyes, or simply a more feral posture and demeanor, were signs of greatness in said individual's bloodline. None of their fabled strength and prowess.
With time, becoming more complacent and trading with the other tribes for resources instead of getting their own. Something unthinkable for their ancestors who chose to live in austerity forgoing luxury.
Thousands of years later, these traits became common among them. No longer being a mark of good pedigree and uniqueness made some individuals want to turn to the old ways and claim the power that they only know about from old tales.

There, you have a race of complacent and docile catpeople that feel entitled to attention and greatness and are willing to do crazy stuff to gain it.

Seriously, why can't you say "Also, there are humans with cat ears instead of elf ears"? If you don't want cat people in your game, then say no and be done with it.

>People are actually giving advice on how to help a furry turn a game into a steaming pile of magical realm shit.
I miss old Veeky Forums.

Make the catgirls happen but make them into fey that vanish when approached by mortals

There was an order of the priestesses of an ancient goddess (who often took form of a monstuous cat) whose sphere was damnation and devouring of sinful and evil souls. They practiced ritual cannibalism and also sacrificed cats (it was considered a great honor for the cats). When the new gods defeated the old ones, the cat goddess threw up all the half-digested souls in a giant lump of soul filth that engulfed the priestesses' temple. Centuries later, when the whole place was nothing but a piece of bare rotten earth, strange women with cat features started appearing in the area. These were the corrupted and transformed priestesses, filled with all human sins and evil ground together into a terrible mess. That's why there are catgirls, that's why they are always chaotic evil and barely sane, that's why they aren't a playable race.

I have cat people in my setting, and I just use ancient Egypt as their origin. Within notEgypt they were an upper class because of having godly traits, but in surrounding regions they're treated more like thieves and nomads

Don't do it if you don't want to. He's the worst kind of weeaboo faggot anyway.

This has an equal chance of fixing it and making it worse.Much like forcing a teenager to smoke the whole pack of stolen cigs you need to gauge carefully how much he wants what he's wished for.

Depends on if he wants nekomimi or furshit
If neko:
Don't do it
If furry:
Don't do it and ban him

Take his idea and make is as unsexual as possible. Think a combination of khajeet and xenomorphs in a semi-bipedal semi-sapient monosexual race that look like tigers or someshit.

I'm just gonna tell him to fuck off I guess. I don't want to create some furry shit instead, since he wouldn't want to play that anyway.. That would be a waste of time.

Thx for the creative ideas tho.

suggest he play a druid who gets a strange language only he and a few other select can speak and have him fluff it as weeb, then show him their ability to turn into animals and let him fluff it as cringy fur faggotry.

now I know what you are all thinking "fuck off user don't let this weeb fuck get what he wants", but hear me out.

kill off his fur fags, all of them, all the time. think of it less as allowing a fur fags to infest your fantasy realm and more using your fictional realm to massacre cringy weeb furfuckers to your heart's content. as a fellow DM I enjoy killing off cringy characters as opposed to booting the player

Catgirl? No, not a whole race. Gonna be of the same kin as other monstrous amalgamations like chimeras, manticores, cockatrices an' sheit. One of a kind. Half-elf stats.

Make them savannah-dwelling lion people with a vaguey African aesthetic. Not like anime stuff, but actual beastmen.
If he wants anime nonsense, just say "no."

He's either a weeb or a furry. Either way, this is 100% his fetish. Depending on how well you know him, and if he can be trusted to keep it subtle, this may or may not be unacceptable. I guarantee he's not the only one in the group that's trying/going to try to sneak his fetish in, if anything the fact that he's basically up front about it can be a plus in his book.

Possible origins:
-Rakshasha flavoured tiefling.
-Foreign people from a distant continent. Means you don't have to have them present as a race/civilization, just rare displaced individuals.
-Druid sect that practices partial shape-shifting to honour their totemic animal.
-Person who got cursed for poking an ancient cat goddess idol.
-A wizard did it. Hey, it works for owl-bears, why not cat-men?

Other suggestions:
-Discuss things with him openly. Have him clarify what he wants and why. Try to find a way to fulfil it within your limitation. If he's willing to be reasonable - good sign; if he spergs the fuck out - shut him down.
-Float the idea of playing a male catperson.
-Make it clear you don't want fanservice trash like 'Oh no I've gone into heat' or 'What are clothes, teehee' in your game.
TL;DR: Talk about it, see if he spergs or is reasonable.

Which system are you playing?

If it is 5e D&D, go either with the Shifters from Eberron Unearthed Arcana, or the Tabaxi from Volo's Guide to Monsters

Make the character be a foreigner from a yet unexplored part of the world

The way i did it in my game is that humans and catpeople have the common ancestral species (and there was tons of reincarnation soul fuckery involved). So we got mostly human creatures with ears and tail.

Anyway, that's beside the point. The point it - if he wants to play a catgirl from the get-go you should talk to him. I second everything said. Also, did you play with him before? Is he a good player otherwise?

>What the fuck should I do now? How the fuck do I explain "catgirls" with ingame lore, other than "some god created them"?

You mean the same explanation Tolkien used for his Dwarves? The Bible uses for literally every species?

Yeah, that explanation sucks, it should definitely never be used for anything.

>I miss old Veeky Forums.
But user, old/tg/ would have ran with the idea and made an interesting race with non-fetishy lore (okay, there WOULD be about the same amount of "REEEE FUUUURRRIIIIES", but that's not the point).

It would have been bizarre but wonderful, but yeah that sounds exactly like what would have happened.
I don't get why they thought we'd have just said 'no don't.'

>In ages past, the Purrhya were a tribe of men who followed the totem of the Lynx
>Then came the breaking of the world, when the Edenic Paradise age came to a cataclysmic end
>Many tribes of man abandoned their totems in desperation, turning to deities or demons for help
>The Purrhya were different, prefering to beseech their totem alone for aid
>Fortunately, Lynx was clever totem, and saved his tribe by changing them into his form so they were better prepared to survive the end of the World That Was
>Not every Purrhya appreciated being reduced to a cat, and after the cataclysm and rebirth of the world, many demanded their human forms be returned
>This insulted Lynx, who assented to the request, but cursed the Purrhya to be forever trapped between two forms-never to truly return to manhood, but not to remain in the form of a lynx
>Today, one might mistake a Purrhya for a human from afar, but upon closer inspection the differences become more apparent
>A Purrhya's eyes resemble that of cat's, their teeth and nails are sharp for hunting prey- men even grow mustaches that look reminiscent of feline whiskers
>Every Purrhya also keeps a lynx pelt somewhere on their person or hidden in their home
>This pelt isn't from any old lynx, however, as each pelt is the Purrhya's second skin, which they must where in the form of a lynx for at least 4 hours a day
>When in this form a Purrhya is no different from a regular lynx, save that their mind remains intact
>Should a Purrhya fail to wear their second skin for the required time, they die in slow agony as their human skin still sloughs off

>Legends say that not all of the ancestors demanded their human form back from Lynx
>One cannot help but wonder what became of that race of lynxes who retained the cleverness of men but did not insult their patron

thx this was very helpful

I've created my own system and this new campaign is basically V.3, where I address all the flaws of my fist 2 campaigns. But it's completely unrestricted when it comes to lore/races. I also don't plan to reveal the whole world during the campaign, so a foreign land could be used.

He's a little bit too much into game mechanics and could improve a little on the roleplay aspect, but otherwise he's one of the better players.

>He's a little bit too much into game mechanics and could improve a little on the roleplay aspect, but otherwise he's one of the better players.
Well then, might as well discuss the race with him.

>Immediately cut off kawaii neko shit. Trust me, even for a guy who likes catgirls this is fucking embarassing to see/read.
>Same as the point above, don't make them a race of "LMAO I AM A CAT". Elven stuffiness and dwarven... uh... dwarviness? don't define them 100% as a race, so animal instincts shouldn't too.
>Not all of them are cute or beautiful. It's basically the same as with other races - there's gonna be some ugly motherfuckers even among elves.
>There are dudes. No, they are not cute girly traps. In fact, staple a pair of cat ears onto a picture of Danny DeVito and make him their first catfolk encounter.

yiff in hell furfags

The standard background for anime catpeople, when they have one, is "artificial race created as soldiers, who are now widely discriminated against and presumed to be thieves".

The "warlock who gained beastly traits as part of their pact" route also works.

Finally, there's the mythological "animals who learned to disguise themselves as humans but have trouble hiding their ears". For cats you can expect necromancy powers, including will-o-wisps, creating undead, and eating dead enemies to steal their forms.

Another thing that seems weirdly common is
>Half-beastfolk look mostly human, except for maybe weird eyes, hair or nails. Under certain conditions, however, their beast half can start rejecting their human half, sending them into a berserk rage where they temporarily transform into a full beastfolk with exaggerated claws and fangs (or in extreme cases, a giant version of the animal their beastfolk parent was based on).

If you ask me, you either go full weeb or not at all.
So to speak, if your short races aren't stand-ins for loli and shota and your strong characters aren't amazonian fapbait, having just one aspect of the lore be ultra weeb just makes the imagery clash in my head.

You're clearly against it, so just tell him that it doesn't fit, and do so with an apologetic tone, as if you tried your best in figuring it out. If not, he'll obviously get mad that you're making him play make-believe in your way.

Just fucking tell him you don't really feel good about squeezing in catgirls in your setting, because it's such a divergence from the tone and style that you're going for. If he just asked without making a fuss he won't go hissyfit if you're a bit polite about it. Seems mostly like a hope that he realizes is far-fetched. So don't be a dumb fucking sperg by kicking or punishing him for asking. The fucking people on this board sometimes, I swear. Now if he does throw a big fucking hissyfit against all fucking likelihood, then you can kick him.

You were never on old Veeky Forums if you don't even know the difference between a catgirl and a furry, newshit. People LARPing as oldfags are cancer.

Fuck off faggot

>give the cosplay fan a furry
>he turns into a furry
>next time when you refuse to insert his furry race he starts screeching about fursecution
Great plan mate.

Sounds to be like you don't want to do it, so my advice is not to.

However, if you're willing to make a race of feline folks, there are two routes I would suggest going: either play them as or suggested, or go balls to the wall with the anime-uguu madness to the point it becomes a parody. Like, some fucking lonely, sad, sleep depraved wizard made the first one in a desperate bid to get some bipedal companionship (because succubi are so damn unreliable... and the whole soul sucking thing) and it just spiraled out of control.

Either way, talk to the guy about it to figure out what he's trying to accomplish with their inclusion. Maybe he'll surprise you, probably not, but I've gotten some good ideas from seemingly dumb concepts.

Put it down as a humanoid mutated by magic along with some heavy penalities.

Also, make people dislike the character for being an aberration.

>"Veeky Forums i am letting my players play whatever for this campaign, but there could be a problem that could be easily solved by talking with player about it and compromising, what should i do?"
>"Don't EVER talk to him and instead passively-aggressively make it as unenjoyable for everyone involved as possible! That will teach him!"

Yet the same people here will vehemently defend cutebolds and rat tits.

Hairless cats man. Hairless cats.

"Mr. Toriyama, as your vet I have no idea how this cat is even still alive. I suspect it to be some kind of demon."

Say no.

>cutebolds
>not sexybolds

Make them all cat boys instead. He will lose interest and rage quit, hopefully suicide follows.

looks cute to me

You could go real Meta and have the Catgirls be created by a powerful wizard with an unhealthy obsession with creating human beast hybrids.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD REPTILES NEED MAMMARY GLANDS?!
LIZARDTITS GET OUT REEEEEE

That's not a reptile. It's a mammal that looks like a reptile.

hat the fuck should I do now? How the fuck do I explain "Elves" with ingame lore, other than "some god created them"?

hat the fuck should I do now? How the fuck do I explain "Dwarves" with ingame lore, other than "some god created them"?

hat the fuck should I do now? How the fuck do I explain "Dragons" with ingame lore, other than "some god created them"?

>i-it's not bad when I fap to it!

Don't argue with furfags, report and ignore them

Could you make it where a curse was put on his character when he was in the womb? That would get rid of the problem of lore if he's the only one or one out of a handful of people.

Make him play that shit.
It either scares him off and you win, or he changes race and you win.

Yeah, yeah, this is the tenth "haha, monkey paw him!" response in this thread. Because it's oh-so clever and funny.

Make them soulless homonculi created by a wizard for sungging and fugging, but got out of hand after his death. They reproduce by hacking up hair ball like wads of compressed DNA and inserting it into raw biomass, such as a dead body. Over the course of a few days the biomass will become a new catgirl with one random trait from the "mother" and one random trait from the source of the biomass. For example lets say the "mother" had blue hair, and inserted her hairball into a dead orc. The "child" will likely have blue hair, and +1 STR. You'll want to make a table for this with plenty of options.
If a hairball is inserted into a biomass that exceeds two catgirls then it may form a small hive that will produce multiple psychically linked catgirls, though have space on your tables for rare giant catgirls and deformed mutant catgirls. They have one organ for processing air and nutrients, one for producing hairballs (1d6 per nine months) and a brain. They have vagoos but cannot breed normally.
They have very little society or culture of their own and will typically join the nearest civilization that will accept them, which is more than you'd expect due to their mild pheromone manipulation abilities (note this is not mind control and should only manifest and +1-2 bonus on CHA) when they are unable to find civilization they become solitary hunter gatherers or form small tribes of other catgirls.
Their natural drive to be cute is equal to their drive to stay alive. Their default mood is cheerful and flirty (though normal reproduction is beyond them) They will favor armor and weapons that look sexy and frilly, but can be trained to wear normal armor without complaining.
Their natural lifespan is roughly 25 years, though this may vary on the parent biomass.
Twek this to your liking and sent it to him. Then tell him it's not a player race and to just make an elf waifu or something.

Xenomorphs and khajit are both very sexual, though.

Dang skippy

>make them dumb anime stereotype but make it so autistic other players wll start to avoid you in public

This is not the worst piece of advice Veeky Forums has given, but it's pretty high up there.

yiff in hell

He didn't tell them they could play whatever they wanted, his player just made a request. Yeah it's generally better to try and talk your players through what they want and reason it into the world, but please don't make shit up just to make your argument look better.

The statement "cutebolds are for cute, and nothing more" is simply delusional. Every inclusion of content like this in a game or a discussion bears the mark of autism or fetishism -- big googly eyes, chubby "thick" bodies, highlighted breasts and asses, lips contorted into smiles straight out of japanese cartoons, even "cool" autistic nonsense like fucking lizard midgets in power armour. It's not a matter of letting people like what they like, but rather the fact that these threads become a dumping ground for the garbage from furaffinity and deviantart when there already exists more suitable locations for it in /b/ or /trash/. It isn't even necessarily fetishism, admittedly, but it's still tedious when people with an "affinity" for these kinds of creatures end up idealising something in the same overeager, autistic fashion as people do elves and dragons, or on Veeky Forums, dwarves and marines. It's accepted that Veeky Forums is going to attract the most escapist, autistic anons on this entire site by virtue of the fact that tabletop RPGs, CYOAs, etc. are dominated by those that want to indulge in power/pleasure fantasies of being a barbarian or wizard or waifu-harem hero or triple-dicked dragon or whatever, but it doesn't change the fact that a lot of us want things other than escapism and indulgence and weird predilections for portrayals of midget lizards that are "cute" from our games. It feels like the crowd affiliated with furries (or "beastmen aficionados) and escapists dominate threads more than any other group on this board, which becomes a source of frustration that leads to spiteful, petty mockery and venting against people like yourself that might well be harmless, albeit undesired.

Wait, what would be the difference with dwarves or elves? Surely gods created them as well, right? If there was a god with an hard-on for beards, why not one with a hard-on for cat tails?

Just ask him to do the lore, and as a group decide if you like it. If it's bad, it will be all too clear.

wholesale rip the khajit.

Cat people, who are actual cat people and not anime fanservice, with culture and lore, and various iterations of the model.

Also, racism. So much racism and glaring PR problems.

Make them more than a token indvidual to rep the race.

Ask if he's prepared to carry that burden and RP the shit out of this if he wants his special race to be included, cause you know what happens to folks who give up when you've put in so much energy? They dont get to make special requests in later games.

good post

I'll bite.

Exactly why are catgirls THAT bad?

Yes, I realize that a female-only race is bad. But if we correct that, I don't think it would really be a problem. If someone likes slender girls (no, not lolis) are elves "problematic"? For anyone?

I dunno. I don't think a cat-inspired race is as unthinkable as the furfag scare makes them. Maybe it's because of all things I've never met a furfag, but anyway.

>I actually kinda like tabaxis but they don't strike me as that much cat-like, oddly enough

It's the implications behind it.

No, what is essentially a human with cat ears or human+any other level of cattiness is not bad by itself. No, it's not an immediate bad thing if you include them in some form in a game.

A player coming up to you and asking "btw can I be a catgirl" raises massive red flags though.

Are you stupid?
Mate, if it doesn't already exist and adding it doesn't work with the setting then just say no. Or well more like:
> I'm sorry man, but catgirls don't fit with with what I've got planned out
But still

what about "btw can I be a dogboii"

I guess, but what the hell. I have had a male player do a paladin that was explicitly based on a child crush on an actress, another that did a SM thingy straight out of drows (even created the culture as such), a female player who chose a fucking shota sire for her vampire. They were all decent, in some cases good. I dunno, either we don't have many magical realm-ers here (all this was done without lewd moments) or who wants to just play for laughs is more easy to single out.

>the shota sire was the best, oddly enough. He just didn't give a fuck about her nor the vampire court and just wanted to study stars and magical shit. But he did treat her pretty decently for vampire standards and they were loyal to each other, and they had common interests, so she dealt with his grumpyness and went for the social part of unlife - it was a surprisngly fresh and HUMAN relationship for vampires, no grim bullshit, nor it was really romantic (at least... I hope the player didn't intend it as such, but in game it wasn't). It definitely was less creepy than it sounds - or at the time we didn't even realize the implications.

/thread

Purrfect

>so that's the fabled merchant republic of loyal dogbois
>its ruler is the Doge

Catgirls are a slave race conquered and murdered down to a small manageable population under the thumb of a decadent dynastic empire of easterners.

Their purpose is obvious.

Whether you want them to be recently rescued and empowered or just recently rescued and they're refuges or the dynasty crumbled and the catgirls got not-really-citizenship is up to you.

Catgirls belong in collars.

Volo's Guide to Monsters, Tabaxi

I've been in a group where something similar has happened. Don't do it.

The DM's homebrew setting started out incredibly focused. By the time "that player" had made 2 or 3 characters, each character needing accommodations to be made in the lore to justify their existence, it had turned into a clusterfuck.

Didn't this happen to Gygax with that one guy who kept wanting to play LotR characters?

you can say to the dude ''na man, not doing that''
or you can make the catfolk sapient cats, still walking on 4 legs, cant talk. you know, really unattractive to weebs.

Why does it have to be a female-only race? That's a bit silly.

Random cosplay-tier kemonomimi is odd, but I think a beast race is fine if it can fit the world without too many issues. Sometimes players just don't want to be humans, humans with pointy ears, short humans with big beards, etc. I think it goes along with wanting a character of the opposite gender. It can be nice to just be something... different.

Of course there are the furries et all that will pull that, but most are pretty cool about it and will keep any pretense of sexuality out so long as they have a modicum of social awareness.

You want weird or WYRD

>This is not the worst piece of advice Veeky Forums has given
I think that ay this point we can safely enshrine "play F.A.T.A.L." as a sacred untouchable protector deity of bad advice, and let other monumental idiocies have a go at the top spot. I for one am willing to nominate if only because I do my best not to remember such instances in the past.

> prime example of the lengths furfags and perverts will go to in order to justify their degeneracy.
Just kick the cunt from the group, user, it's the only way to be sure.

Question.
How on earth do you have a setting with more than one species that is intelligent without "a god did it"?

Any time in real life there were more than one intelligent species on the planet, they violently cannibalized and raped each other to death until there was only one species.

>throw a big fucking hissyfit against all fucking likelihood
> against all likelihood
It's like you've never met a weeab or a furfag before.

I am an otherkin catgirl. My pronouns are hir and xer, Born on the night of Xerxyz, she has gained remarkable insights into both magic and psychic powers. Sold into slavery, and used as a prostitute from the age of six (don't worry, catkin mature faster), she is not ashamed of her body...

Alternatively, this could be the races backstory. There was some werecat shit happening a thousand years ago. Somehow, it settled into an actual species rather than the usual lycanthropic stuff.

I know how the type can be, I'm going by the way the guy in question contacted OP to bring it up. It suggests an understanding of how it isn't an obvious thing for the GM to greenlight, in which case they don't seem to be the overly entitled kind.

Okay, so, why not? It's not inherently bad, just don't make them weebshit to the point of self-parody, don't make them monogender race and don't make them "clever" (actually not clever) subversion like some people advice in this thread. Make them a serious, normal race and give them the same amount of lore as to others - they won't stand apart from other races if you don't make the whole race a joke.

Or just tell him "sorry, man, i couldn't fit them into my setting" if you don't want to.

Could just be all the continents are separated by seas and oceans. Makes it difficult for prehistoric ancestors to cross in any abundance, and when they did they got eaten by the locals.

Go full beastfolk as a people, with the standards available (cat, rat, bird, etc). Nature deity patron. Have them in a cold war with the elves over territory and ancient war crimes. Is it the time of fang and claw or the time of arrow and sword? Can agreements be brokered or is war inevitable?

Basically split between 'civilized and in tune with nature' versus 'truly being a part of nature' that people like to lean like hell on for either side, and let the PCs decide where on the divide they sit?

the full beast man option is a cool route and is still easily capable of holding in a classic western fantasy setting. In favor of the argument the same setting has hyena people, lizard people, tree people, snake people, snakes with people heads, lion's with people heads and that's just to list a few.

make the kitten race more akin to elder scrolls kahjit (kajhit?) or use the look of MTG leonin which look aestetically cool as fuck.

worst case scenario and it turns out to be a cringy fetish fulfillment just DAM lightning bolt and move on. a friend of mine and I both have a rule in our campaigns that edgelords and fetish fulfillment get killed immediately. it has shown to keep the cancer at bay

>full beastfolk

To put it into perspective, it's as if you said to GM "i want to play a fighter!" and he gave you a sheet with "rogue" written on it and started defending it with "hey they do fight with weapons!"

Not to say full beastfolk aren't cool, but player clearly wants something different. This different might be fine or might be not, but that's more on how GM will portray the race and whether he will go full retard or not.

>Has anyone experience with something like that?
Yes. The need to nuke the planet from orbit, that's the only way to be sure.

Translation: boot the guy from your group, remove him from all contacts lists and social media, disavow any shared friends or relatives, and if you encounter him in public, shun with fervor. It's the only way to be sure.

>make the kitten race more akin to elder scrolls kahjit (kajhit?)
Khajiit. Also they have physical differences based on lunar phases they're born on. Ohmes is more of an elf with facepaint to look less like one and ohmes-raht would be a catgirl. The big ones are used as mounts

>player asks me if it is possible to play something
>WE MUST OVERREACT IMMEDIATELY
t. user, somehow a bigger faggot than all weebs and furfags together