twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rolled 1 (1d2)

1. "I miss quest threads on Veeky Forums."

2. "A thread died for this!"

>there is goodness in the world
no there isn't

>targeted adds being a bit too on point

This.

-I'm fairly sure you could have picked someone better- Said Will as the light hovered in front of him.

-Whatever do you mean, young man?

-I mean, I'm a chubby dude with short legs, my best fighting move is throwing a punch and my greatest skill is remaining productive while only sleeping 3 hours a day, how the hell do you expect me to protect this thing? - He inquired raising the small glowing pearl in his hands - I mean, for fucks sake, this thing is possibly the most important thing in the world, I'm sure you can find someone more suitable.

-No, child, you must do it, you have a pure heart and a good soul - The light said reassuringly - its guardian must be of pure heart, and that is you.

-Pure heart? motherfucker I dont have a pure heart I'm a greedy fucker who compulsively lies and uses the word "faggot" far too liberally, this isnt pure heartedness.

-All of that is true, yet you still believe in honour and you still value loyalty and faithfulness, you constantly try not to lie, even though your head tells you to do it more often, your heart is pure, you will have strength, you will have courage, you will have wisdom, YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE!

Bill stood there, dumbfounded, for the first time in his life, someone (or something) had faith in him

-O...k, I'll do it, how do I start?

-Here, this is a manual -answered the light, dropping a leather-clad book at Bill's feet - Everything you need to know is in there, have faith young one, for the world's future hangs on your shoulders.

The light faded, leaving Bill with the physical form of the world's goodness. He opened the book, the inscription reminded him of the gothic characters he saw so often in the parchments he studied in the museum, the first chapter's title read "of demons and invasions".

Before finishing the first paragraph, Bill heard a scream close by and saw several horned beings stepping out of fiery portals, bill decided that he didnt have time to read the book, he looked around and saw a dead policeman with a shotgun by his side.

Bill's last mundane thoughts were "well, that better be enough".

Yeah but why

Goddammit Beta Ray Bill I can't argue with you. You've always been right. Good for the sake of good, even if there is not meaning in sight.

Nope, this other guy gets it. Delve too deep into what makes good and evil, why it makes good and evil, why should anyone care and why should be important and at a certain point the answer must be "because God" or "just because"
Morality is an useful tool to live in society without destroying it or self-destructing; but even living in society, even living, are only useful for self-perpetuation... Which means that, viewed from enough distance, they are not useful to anything at all.

Weak

Edgy

Thats impossible to know. Well i am more gnosticaly alighned so i better say, its possible to know but personally you have no chance to even glimpse that knowledge.

Unfalsifiable statements should be considered false until there's proof to the contrary. Otherwise I can just as easily say that it's unknowable that there is good. All observations ever taken show no evidence of goodness existing and none show evidence of it existing.

Depends on setting.

Which only means that it's up to us to find what's truly good. And if there really is no such thing, then what greater cause is there than to create and absolute good.

Those men are cowards and they make love to 9-toed women.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yv1LukhMaHI

>You say there is no goodness in the world?
>Then create it.

youtu.be/1fJK841IWTE

Row, row, row the boat, life is just a dream...

So why on earth would you want it to be a nightmare?

Nah, sounds like work.

What, again?

This is wrong.

You don't become a Palidan to save innocent souls. You become a Palidan so they can save yours.

How much you payin'?

But why make the assumption that absolute good can exist despite so much evidence to the contrary? And how would you know if you had found true good? After all, to know good from evil you'd first need to know what both are, and if you admit that you really don't, how can you identify it if you do come across it? And at the end of the day, even if you had found true good, who's to say it wouldn't have been even better to just not bother? Either because it's not really all that good or because you can barely create any and certainly not enough to go around or maybe just because it was more work than it's worth? Why commit myself to some tiny chance of finding a sliver of something that probably doesn't even exist when I can put in infinitely less effort to create large amounts of my own subjective good, which I can demonstrate exists and know how to produce.

I don't really care how much you love saying you're a nihilist or an egoist, making your own life better and by extension other people's lives better is the ultimate reason not to kill yourself, or atleast extend life long enough to create offspring and let them experience this shit and have a consciousness and also let them decide on their own about this very question and getting to experience love and all that good shit.

I'm sorry, I have no Detect Good spell-like ability and don't know what and how should I protect.

Because it is a counterfeit user. No one has gone to the grave truly proud of counterfeit. Especially one that they forged against themselves.

>>there is goodness in this world and YOU are called to protect it

spoiler alert, after 2/3 of the campaign, you find out YOU are the only good left in this world.

You were being called to protect yourself.

>spoiler alert, after 2/3 of the campaign, you find out YOU are the only good left in this world.
>You were being called to protect yourself.

everyone else is just trying to rule the world, and enslave everyone else they meet, and steal everything they can get their hands on.

Why not both, fellow brethren? Is not the act of saving innocent souls the very catalyst for saving your own?

>There is someone in this world who is good, and just, and kind. They may not see it in themselves yet, but I do. They need you to protect them and stop them from losing hope.
>Who is it, bro?
>It's you, bro.
>Brooooo....
This shit is like cocaine for the soul.

Oh well, guess I gotta do my part.