What is a good theme for the names of my campaigns Not!Homunculi?

What is a good theme for the names of my campaigns Not!Homunculi?

So far I've mulled over : Natural Disasters, Kaiju, Trees, D&D classes, mythical beasts, Colors, Tarot, Chess, Tanks, and Suits of Cards. I need less than 10, but more than 5 names that fit a theme.

Well, you have to consider their symbolism. Unlike in many anime, FMA homunculi actually had a reason to be named like that and every thing that happened to/because of them was either symbolic or ironic.

To sound less like a pretentious faggot: what do homunculi duders are gonna do in the campaign? What's going to bring their demise? What are their aspirations?

Personally i like tarot and chess motifs. Star names can be neat too.

Classic rock

Planets from classical alchemy, dude. They have a deep connection with alchemy, every one has an element associated with it, a chemical symbol and plenty of symbolical meaning to give to your homuculi's personalities or powers

I like tarot, chess, and music. How about art/architectural styles?

Their main aspiration is to not die the final death kind of like Vampires. They steal the souls of Not!Psychers and live forever by doing so. I'm sure they have many different reasons to want to live forever. What will bring their demise is probably getting found out by the PC's and being hunted down for their war crimes. In the same way that vampires are the apex predator of humans, they are the apex predator of anything with magical powers.

Oh, while we're at it let's make them space royalty and dress them with a nautical theme

Aw nigga shit yes. But I would feel like I was stealing from sailor moon and my players would just make nonstop jokes about them being the sailor scouts.

Music is a good one. What about instruments? Viola, Bass, Harp, Brass, Banjo, let me know if you think of any other good sounding ones.

To elucidate how this symbolism worked:
>wrath really liked to kill things and hurt people, and was eventually killed by a reformed serial killer
>pride thought himself above not just humans (like most homunculi did) but the other homunculi themselves, and was Father’s favorite; instead of dying, he was became the human child he appeared to be in truth, not just in seeming
>gluttony are everything, and was himself devoured
>the original greed was melted down for his most valuable part
>sloth had the most physical power but rarely used it, eventually exhausting himself to death by constantly healing himself rather than just avoid an attack
>envy was actually a weird lizard thing that absorbed human biomass to shapeshift with, and killed himself rather than admit he wanted what humans innately had and give up the only thing that truly belonged to him
>lust was turned on by violence, and was not just burned to death by a known womanizer, but slaughtered in a bombastic manner (and their English VAs are married)

Perhaps bands, artists, albums and songs. Or even books, movies or games. We jojo now.

That would be great as something that I could possibly do if I was writing a TV or writing a book. There's no way that the player characters are going to be able to give these characters symbolic death. That's just kind of out of my hands. No matter how good at running a game I am there's no way I'm going to be able to get the players to givet each one of them a symbolic and cool death..

You could base them off of chakras. You could even have their abilities/methods of gathering souls. Crown could be a cult leader who promises a better after life to those who collect souls for him. Or third-eye could be one who uses his knowledge and powers of perception to corner people when they least expect it. somethin like that.

I like this. Now to come up with supers for each to make them formidable.

Throat and Root seem to be very alike.

You can have the players know in some way that unless their death is in relation to their name or reason for creation or whatever, they will return. Then set things up so there are a few ways in which you can do that when you see them, I dunno.

If they are in relation to the Chakras I could make it to wgere they each have an achilles heel at the pressure point.

I'll through you some suggestions since I actually thought about a similar theme before

Root - Ultimate Flesh - He can change composition of his body into any material - pure steel, poisonous gas, sticky sludge, whatever he needs at the moment

Sacral - Ultimate Blood - With his blood he can create monstrous minions of all shapes in mere seconds. Minions are mindless, fully controlled by their master and made out of whatever material was mixed with the blood

Solar - Ultimate Heat - He can raise temperature of his body to extremes. His touch melts steel like butter, air around him can become to deadly and with rapid activation he creates a devastating areal explosion.

Heart - Ultimate Heart - With just his presence he can control emotions of humans, either subtly manipulating them or making them completely possessed by powerful feelings of anger, fear, lust etc.

Throat - Ultimate Voice - Anything he says, people believe as an absolute truth. Even when presented with evidence of opposite, people will take his word over the obvious. Effect wears off with time

Third Eye - Ultimate Knowledge - With a touch, he can immediately see the past of the object and it's chemical composition

Crown - Ultimate Soul - With a touch, he can absorb the soul energy of the person, emulating the ritual that creates Philosopher Stones. Just a couple of seconds is enough to completely convert the person into a philosopher stone, that adds to the humuculi's core.

It's a little different. Throat is your ability to communicate. Whereas Root is your general sense of safety and security. If you wanted to differentiate them even further you could have root take away that sense of security that we naturally have and make people tend towards paranoia and anxiety.

And Lust's whole shtick was weaponized digital penetration. And she got killed by someone constantly making things hot, and she died right before she stuck it in Mustang.

She got blueballed to death.

Franplecunts.

They are also human weaknesses personified. The figure of Father created them by extracting those weakness from himself in a literal attempt to remove his human weakness in order to become closer to a God.

Also
>greed 2.0 has to share his new body with a human

>Muladhara/Root can only be harmed by earth-element magic/stone weapons
>Svadhishthana/Sacral can only be harmed by someone mutually attracted to it
>Manipura/Navel can only be harmed by one clear in their intent, with no greyness to their ideals
>Anahata/Heart cannot be harmed by someone holding on to regrets
>Vishuddha/Throat can only be harmed in any given way once
>Ajna/Third-Eye cannot be physically harmed, but is especially spiritually/mentally vulnerable
>Sahasrara/Crown cannot truly be harmed, but will end up killing themselves in an attempt to reach a higher state

I like all but the first. What if you have none of those?

Chess can work well for a small number of homunculi.
>Pawn is the one everyone kicks around, the literal mook, mass-produced or simply able to multiply itself by eating biomass or simply matter (up to you), but ultimately the body for most of the homunculi. One is show duing the story as a long-lasting pawn that is actually growing and learning from his mistakes or from the players sparing him due to high morals or something. It can replicate every other Homunculi, given enough time to evolve
>Rook is sturdy, heavyset, like Sloth. He's capable of becoming unbelievably strong, acting as either the unstoppable force or the unmovable obstacle. He also teleportation powers to step in and protect other pieces, not just the King.
>Knight is, like Wrath, an acrobatic killer who has some kind of bond with an animal or mount, like a motorcycle he does stunts with or a big beast that stomps on the toughest enemies. Has a fake identity with an alliterative name starting with L.
>Bishop can ignore defenses by phasing through different states of matter, and is, like his piece implies, highly religious, and for some reason he's not only very capable in bypassing physical defenses, but also mental ones: a manipulator with a smile on his face, as if Lust was Chastity.
>Queen is simply superhuman, even to an esthetic degree (monstrous, animalistic, reminiscing the original homunculus like Pride, the like). Can lift tanks, can run at speed of sound, supersenses, the like. Her power can come from superior body power or from stranger powers, like Pride's shadows. Isn't so durable as she looks, though. Just a literal killing machine. She's summoned only when shit hits the fan.
>King is absolutely useless half the time. He's a competent combatant even when alone, but his power is mostly the fact he can shit philosopher stones, controls and monitors all the other pieces through telepathy and can direct them as a perfect general, or something else. Creed-level mastermind.

Perhaps they need to use "natural" means of fighting it? I.e., only earth/plant magic, only wooden/stone/bone weapons or unarmed combat, etc.

cool, they get to make some jokes and it fits what you want. Problem solved

I had an idea for a Cult of Questions, opposed by a Knight of the Answer.
>Identity: they lead the group, but nobody knows Who they are
>Nature: always wants to know What something is made of
>Time: just waiting for Whenever the next job is
>Space: if there’s someWhere he can’t be, he will be
>Reason: like a child always asking Why
>Method: can you figure out How she does it in time?
>meanwhile the knight puts an end to it all.
The Cult’s theme was “fear is not knowing”

A naturally occurring poison would work, but a manufactured one wouldn’t?

If you really wanted to be cheeky, you could always go with the Seven Heavenly Virtues.

>Chastity possesses the power of binding, disjointing and fusing her limbs in a manner to make them unbreakable as she crushes people caught in her embrace.
>Temperance can perfectly regulate his bodily processes, making him perfectly efficient in all actions. Every motion is precise, every effort perfectly proportioned to cause maximum gain with minimal expenditure.
>Charity can transform biomass from its body into hordes of pseudo-homunculi constructs, which have differing forms and effects dependent on the amount of mass Charity expends to create them. Overuse of this ability can lead to Charity's death, fracturing their consciousness between the swarm's many members.
>Diligence can coat its body in thousands of tiny bladed cilia, which allow it to tear through flesh by a thousand cuts, and wear through stone, steel, and anything else in between it and it's objective.
>Patience can manipulate the composition of it's skin, allowing it to blend into any background of it's choosing. It can also render it's bodily processes still, letting it watch and wait for weeks at a time until it's target is in sight.
>Kindness can sprout blades from its hands that carry a massively potent somnolent neurotoxin. Those that it strikes find themselves drifting to a sleep they can never wake from.
>Humility is seemingly powerless at first glance, but can in fact alter its body composition to mimic any aspect of another that I knows about. It can given enough time and information, become indistinguishable from the original version while disguised.

shit man, are you me? Half of those are really similar to a Virtues Homunculi group for a campaign I've been planning and still haven't run yet because my regular group is so busy...

That's the idea.

I made em up just now, though I like kicking around ideas for stuff based on the Seven Sins/Virtues a lot, so I had a backlog of rough ideas I could work with.

That said, what were your Virtues like?

My take on Pawn Homunculi is a sort of hive-minded entity made of humans who have had a tiny philosopher stone shards implanted in their brains. Sort of like body snatchers with rocks.
>While not capable of reading minds or thoughts of the people they control, they are in total control of their bodies.
>Pawn is useful for reconnaissance, controlling important people, taking hostages, and for creating disposable assassins.
>Pawn cannot be completely destroyed unless every pawn is killed or all the Pawn shards are destroyed.
>Since implanting a shard into someones brain requires brain surgery (alchemically done or not) and the personality of the original person is suppressed by the group mind, Pawn has to be careful of who they select as to not give themselves away.
>One of the most difficult Pawns is an actual Queen that wields significant military control against the heroes.

Chasity was similar, though she operated more like Greed in being able to shield herself and her allies through her body manipulation.

Temperance was also similar, but in addition to regulating his body, he was also a "mediator" for Stones and related materials, able to keep them in check for any missions they undertook and absorbing in the failed Homunculi wandering the land.

Charity was different, she was able to augment the abilities of other Homunculi and boost them beyond their already superhuman abilities (effectively like a "Blue Lantern" for the other Virtues).

Diligence was also different, being focused on tracking and hunting down the failed Homunculi and any other targets he might be set on.

Patience was pretty spot on though, he was set up as an ambush hunter who could blend in with the environment and strike when one least expects it.

Kindness was similar in effect, though with more than just the neurotoxin. She had whole cocktails of different chemicals she could deliver to certain people, most focused on debilitating them in some way or delivering certain cocktails that make them susceptible to suggestion.

Humility's similar in that he appears meek and relatively harmless kid, but he's actually the strongest and most dangerous of the group, having nightmarish strength and endurance, like if Bradley looked like 2003 Wrath.

In addition their main target is another "sort of" Homunculus, called "Prometheus," that's hunted by its creator. In essence it's the book version of Frankenstein's Monster, though made through FMA Alchemy, serving as a recurring threat for the group to deal with.

If they consume the souls of others and desire eternal life, how about the six paths of transmigration in Buddhism? Each one would be named and themed after a certain state of existence, in the sense that the souls they eat would be "reincarnated" into that type of being.

Gary
Larry
Terry
Jerry
Barry
Harry
Perry
Manny

That was his dumb interpretation of them, he effectively gimped himself

Seven Homunculi based on the seven classic liberal arts:
>Grammar
>Logic
>Rhetoric
>Arithmetic
>Geometry
>Music
>Astronomy

This is a good seed for inspiration regarding the thread topic.

>Root
Yes - but perhaps only pure expressions of chemicals (no compounds) to reflect objective truth.
>Sacral
Bonus points if the minions represent kinks associated with what created them (e.g. mud = gunge, sperm = bukkake/pregnancy)
>Solar
Yes
>Heart
Maybe also can weaponize healing to the point of rapid cancer tumors
>Throat
Yes
>Third Eye
Yes
>Crown
Yes