Magic The Gathering - WOTC unveils new commitment to community environment

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/commitment-each-other-building-community-together-2017-12-19

Magic The Gathering just unleashed their new community guidelines to improving the safety of play spaces. ALL MTG STORES will now be required to hang a new poster and everyone is encouraged to report any problems they experience.

On our end, we will be working with our partners and stores on how best to roll out, display, and utilize this community commitment. Don't be surprised to see this posted in your local store or on stream with your favorite content creator.

How does Veeky Forums feel about the new commitment by wizards to a safer environment for MTG?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HLNhPMQnWu4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>basic ass decency rules
Look, OP, I support this because it's common fucking sense, and there isn't anything inherently wrong with your thread, but I fear what it may become. I hope that is not the case.

You know what this seems pretty reasonable
As much as we complain about normies casualizing our Veeky Forums hobbies MTG is utterly fucked at the minute and what it really needs is an injection of new blood who'll balk at 160$ playsets in standard and will laugh at the reserved list.
I mean, if you want mtg to be the same unwashed neckbeards wallowing in their own filth, pushing the game further and further down the dark past it's on then be my guest, but I want to have fun and would like to keep both my kidneys.

If it causes even one more person to be a little more decent towards the people around them while playing Magic, it's a good thing. It's probably wishful thinking though.

A decent enough move on its face, but probably just a pretense for the you know whos to purge anything they don't like. That's what it always seems to be when someone starts talking about being "welcoming" these days.

Its all code language

reality - fuck males and trump, fuck competitive players.

This is 2017, "welcome everyone" does not mean what they front that it means.

Does this mean I can bring my KAWAII DESU NEEE

>but I want to have fun and would like to keep both my kidneys.

I spent 6 weeks on jury duty learning the technical details of dialysis centers. I recommend *everyone* do more to appreciate their kidneys eryday.

>be competitive mtg playerbase
>waste literally hundreds of dollars per year on cardstock
>WotC increases speed of standard rotation in a blatant shekels grab
>continue playing anyway
>blocks are now cut down to a single set
>keep playing
>women join your male- dominated space and loudly demand acceptance
>demand that men pander to them even though they are 5% of the playerbase
>WotC does whatever they can to accommodate these strong womyn
>meanwhile they ban asscrack guy for 1 year and refuse to act on the problem he highlighted
>now if you misgender someone at an mtg tournament you get banned
>even cosplayers are more important than WotC than their customers who actually spend money on the hobby
They could take a literal shit on your heads and you would keep buying their cards.
Utter. Fucking. Cucks.
So glad I dropped this game.

Wait, what? So you had to pause jury duty every now and again to get your blood cleaned? Or you had to do the jurying from the centre?
Either way, that sounds fucking horrible user. What happened to your kidneys?

>Defending Jeremy, the self proclamed edgelord.
Lol I would prefer to play the kawai hentai sleeves guy than you

They're putting money into this. That graphic cost money. Posters cost money.

>Fun is mandatory, citizen.

/pol/ is trying really hard to put a negative spin on anything WotC is doing now.

So they banned a few Nazs. Good. Fuck you alt-right dipshits, I don't even consider you as human beings.

Everyone else is having fun and Magic is only getting better. I hopped into the hype in 2015 and I can say it's a lot more rewarding to play than Hearthstone.

You might be projecting your own opinions a little bit there.

From what I read, it just says 'be decent human beings to each other.'

Spending money on cards is retarded least models hold their value

What? No.
I was on the jury for a legal argument between two medical firms and learned a great deal about how much you never fucking want to have to be on dialysis.

It's typical for culture warriors to see meanings in things that aren't actually there. If I were to say "I support freedom of speech" people will think I'm a covert Nazi supporter. Or if I were to say "I support gender equality" that means I am a self-loathing male "feminist".
If any of you are non-Americans, do any of you have these false zero-sum games in your political environment? I'm getting sick and tired of these so-called "activists" turning my hobbies into their personal cultural battleground.

You know that if you use words like "trigger", "bigot", "problematic", or "cuck" a lot of people are going to ignore your argument and think "Oh, he's one of those types of people".

What nazis?

>no matter who sits down at the table with us, we make them feel welcome
Even nazi's? Stalin? suicide bombers? silly illogical

>So they banned a few Nazs
Please post proof that hambly was a nazi.

They are cucks because they are literally watching their favorite game get fucked by WotC and doing nothing to stop it.
That kind of submissive attitude is why I used that word.

>welcome everyone

I think they forgot the next line, 'welcome everyone, unless their politics are different than yours'

They sure as hell aren't welcome of Jeremy/MTGHQ

The word "cuck" is not taken seriously by a lot of people due to overuse and misuse. A lot of people that hear someone say "cuck" will interpret that person to be one of "those annoying faggots from /pol/".
It's like if I used the word "problematic" seriously. If I were to use that word in certain contexts, it becomes a yellow flag to a lot people, that I might be "one of those sanctimonious SJW assholes".

No one cares about him. Bitch about the situation of someone who isn't a total cunt. At least Travis isn't a massive asshole and his ban may have been completely unwarranted. Complain about him, not Jeremy.

I mean, youre right, but it's not like I'm making a serious argument here anyway. I'm just laughing at how retarded mtg players are.

It's dog whistles.

You know the game you enjoy is fucked when you need the company that makes it needs to yell at you "BE A DECENT HUMAN BEING" all the time.

What's next? Will they tell everyone to "don't rape women! we need to make them feel welcome!"?

How about a commitment to improve the card quality?

you're joking right? as soon as you take a model off the sprue the value plummets. magic cards maintain value pretty well compared to most other hobby products. i would never advise anybody to buy magic cards as a financial investment, but models is a really really poor comparison.

yeah sure dude. i'm not a huge anime fan but i would never make fun of somebody for something that brings them happiness in this bleak world.

>'welcome everyone, unless their politics are different than yours'
right wingers often misunderstand a very basic idea. i'm going to explain it to you right now and i'm expecting you to actually internalize it so that nobody every has to explain it to you again.

>1. it is wrong to hate somebody for what they are
a persons race, gender, orientation, creed are fundamental to their identity as a person.
>2. it is totally fine to hate somebody for what they do
if you are an asshole to people i'm not going cry when you get your ass thrown out

you can have shit politics. nobody cares. just don't be an asshole to people.

they still skirt around the asscrack and smell problem

It's a double dog-whistle. Some people know that you can trigger outrage over nothing because some idiots tend to see implications that may not be there. The "It's ok to be white" posters might've been there to dogwhistle to white supremacists, but the most likely purpose is to draw out statements, like "No, being white is not ok", that explicitly disagree with the poster's stated message. Why would anyone want to get people to say something so stupid? Because it gives them something horrible to represent their enemy and it allows political groups to cherry-pick these statements in order to frame a narrative.

>.jpg orig.jpg
>INN LotV
What does this mean?

MTG players are pathetic.

They're like abused housewives who still stay with their husband even though they no longer respect or love the wife, hoping that one day the husband will change.

The game has gone to shit, the mechanics are now watered down, SJWs have invaded both the production and player base, and you know damn well they'll yell "YOU'RE A FUCKING WHITE MALE" at you for not keeping your head down and keep giving them your shekels

Stay cucked forever, nerds.

gamesworkshop announces they will follow suit

New Poster to be flown in all stores

- Don't Murder fellow players
- Don't rape children you play 40k with
- It's important not to steal models from other players

Thank you. This will make the experience a lot better. 40k is now doing it's important part in stopping murder and crime. Expect murder rates to plummet because no one thought of telling people to not be criminals.

Because Jeremy's an asshat that doesn't follow those basic rules and half of his videos are either bitching about or mocking other members of the community.

Which is precisely the sort of behavior they're not welcoming, because it's not welcoming to other people. I thought that was obvious.

ITS TIME TO STOP RAPING AND MURDERING WOMEN. Spread this important message for a cultural revolution, we can end it now.

>nerds.
stopped reading there

He's really bad at manipulation and argumentation. Tends to be straightforward hatred rather than anything nuanced. Very easy boogeyman to hate but it's MTG to begin with so still large base.

>maintain a clean and safe environment
Does that mean they have to shower?

>maintain a clean and safe environment
>safe environment

I feel unsafe around fucking cis white males. What is wotc doing to make it a welcome environment for me?

I think Jeremy is hiding behind politics so that when he gets called out for being a cunt he can just say "muh wrongthink". Cunts can hide behind any political alignment whether or not they actually hold those beliefs, not just right wingers. There have been self-proclaimed male feminists who later get accused of harassing and threatening others.
I have a feeling Jeremy's fanbase is trying to get Veeky Forums to be his personal army. I say we keep Jeremy as irrelevant as possible, which should be easy in-theory because his relevancy has been completely dependent on being a political jackass.

No, just hose down the seats.

even if he wasn't an asshole and i agreed with his politics he is really cringe inducing. keeping his irrelevant is not going to be difficult. any loser can be an embarrassing gamer chair and start making boring videos.

TCC may be an ultra casual scrub but at least he plays the damn game. Jeremy just opens products like "hur dur what was good in this set guys?" or he complains about shit only a handful of people care about
Never had this problem and I only go to LGS for prerelease since all other games aren't as popular around me, only have 1 neckbeard and he is for the most part clean besides wearing baggy clothes

Why is there not some virtual smell device that catches anyone smelly at the entrance to a public space

shit should be mandatory at any retail space or event.

That's just going to spread it across the floor, I don't want backfat grease on my shoes.

Look I haven't really been following this too closely what with everything else going on in magic, but if this Jimmy Sprinkle guy wants to dress up as Liliana or girl Hitler when he plays I say more power to him. Magic brings everyone together in friendly competition. I'm more concerned about the creepy public rants and mandatory posters.

>"I support gender equality"
See the thing with that statement is that we already have that, so the question becomes what the point if the statement actually is.

It's like if I said " I support the abolition of slavery". Yeah, no shit, me and everyone else in the West. It's a fine sentiment but unless we're discussing why deposing Ghaddafi was a bad idea in hindsight, it's a total waste of breath.

your interpretation of the events is amazing.

christine sprankle is a girl who liked to cosplay as mtg characters. jeremy is some guy on the internet who was hassling her.

>gender equality
>abolition of slavery
>ghaddafi
you are all over the place man.

>See the thing with that statement is that we already have that [gender equality]
right there is where you're actually wrong though. you probably think we have gender equality because you are uninformed or incapable of seeing things from any perspective but your own.

Gender inequality and slavery are both current non-issues in the west. They don't exist in our society, so bringing either of them up is pointless.

Have I spelled it out sufficiently for you?

Show me the inequality. Men and women are equal before the law, full stop.

You're probably equating "equality", which we have, and "equity", which we don't have and is fundamentally impossible to have without an authoritarian state micromanaging the lives of its citizens.

stating something doesn't make it true. there is plenty of gender inequality AND slavery in the west.

you are currently on a computer. just look it up and you will find academic sources that have extensive information about both subjects.

if you don't believe academic sources because you've been trained to distrust intelligent people then you might as well just consult a magic 8 ball. in which case there is "NO" gender inequality in the west and "TRY AGAIN LATER" slavery.

>arguing with a soyboy

Are we still pretending women are on the same physical or cognitive level as men? When will this meme end?

>Welcome Everyone

This applies to open pedophiles just FYI

When the 50/50 gender population in nerdy hobbies/jobs narrative is no longer profitable for lefties to push.

Someone make a virgin mtgo vs a Chad cockatrice meme

This is a beautiful baitpost, really hits all the notes. The subtle newfaggotry at the end? Genius. Have a (You)

You don't have to jump down his throat about it. I agree that gender equality is not 100%, but keep in mind that the things that have yet to be accomplished aren't so obvious and on-the-surface. The views on what constitutes "gender equality" are somewhat different despite the straightforward definition. Some people see it as a matter of legality, and others see it as a matter of culture.

I would like to see some recommendations on where I can find this stuff out, especially the slavery stuff, and I'm sure user would love to see and review as well. Keep in mind that Google's search results are relative to the user, so your results may be different from his. That is why it is important to show an example rather than say "Educate yourself". Otherwise they may end up pulling information that is questionable.

There is a reason why America is highly anti-intellectual, and that is because our politicians have pitted Americans against one-another in a "slobs vs snobs" scenario. It doesn't help that the "slobs" take science and education for granted and the "snobs" are condescending and sanctimonious.

Making insults does not scrutinize user's argument.

legally no. a business can refuse access to customers based on many reasons, as long as those reasons aren't based on a person's race, culture, ability, gender, orientation, or creed.

i'm not sure if you are just pretending to be dumb on the internet or if you are actually dumb irl but i didn't go to law school for nothing. (i went for almost nothing)

>trusting Marxists who have a vested interest in fostering social division
>trusting Women's Studies professors interested in keeping a market alive for grievance peddling

Learn not to trust product reviews by the seller of said product before you feign intellectualism you measly little bugman.

>orientation

Which is what nu-leftists are already trying to define it as. There are a LOT of wealthy pedophiles in the donor circles of the far left, and they've waited a long time. Salon, HuffPo, and other such outlets have already written in defense of pedophiles, as did Gawker back when it was a thing.

Thieves that steal money from their own customers are now lecturing people on behavior.

youtube.com/watch?v=HLNhPMQnWu4

Unless they rant about Jews, attempt to purge me and remain unexploded then I don't see why their views are an issue.

It's a card game not a political or ideological debate.

Models increase in value if you paint them well. It's why commission painting exists.

>America is highly anti-intellectual

>has more medical patents than any other country in history, ever
>best doctors in the world (in b4 "b-b-but it's not f-f-freeeee")
>has more significant inventions than any other country in history, ever, from smartphones to nukes
>dominates the manufacture of planes and boats
>would be the safest country in the world if there were no blacks
>based Bill of Rights, the most erudite and forward-thinking idea in government ever

Fuck off soyboy.

>capitalism is theft
>contracts are theft
>laws are theft
>things I don't like are theft

I think Veeky Forums knows men are stupid seeing that this place gets tons of /pol/ and /r9k/ shitposts
Yeah, we know you are a underage moron that never had a job and is just getting into nerdy hobbies.

John Cleese is a genius

>Whaaa, those that know stuff and have facts show that I am wrong.

Most places include "no reason" as being acceptable as well, so unless you yell
>Get that kike out of here
It's really hard to prove anything without swaths of examples.

. it is wrong to hate somebody for what they are
>a persons race, gender, orientation, creed are fundamental to their identity as a person.

Could you expand on this? I'm not quite sure how they relate.

I usually think that the things that are fundamental to a persons identity are valid reasons to hate a person, since they're fundamental to their character. That one guy at work who keeps saying he could totally shoot me dead if I tried something has an obnoxious, combative personality which I hate him for. In this context, would that personality not be fundamental to their character, only the race, gender, etc?

sooo...like commissioned painted cards too?

Sloped cement floor, grate in the middle. Haven't you ever been on a farm?

Look I just want the cute Nazi girl to feel safe coming into the store without you sjw grognards ambushing her to explain the sexual identity of each card in your merfolk deck. Shit, shower, shut up and shuffle.

We need another post-chronicles tier decrease in the player base. Then maybe I'll come back to the game ~10 years after.

>I would like to see some recommendations on where I can find this stuff out, especially the slavery stuff
wikipedia, while pedestrian, is still the best starting point for casual research. go to the page for 'contemporary slavery in the united states' and it has links at the bottom that will take you to studies by the united nations etc.

the difference between slavery now and the Slavery (capital S) that people most commonly talk about in the west is that what we have now is not "institutional slavery" I.E. the slavery is hidden as opposed to a basic facet of our society. sex slavery is a well known part of the modern western slave trade, wherein young women are kidnapped and pimped out to generate profit. a lot of foreigners, especially illegal aliens, are also forced into slavery. illegal aliens are incredibly vulnerable to this sort of thing because they often don't have any connections within their destination country and might not fully understand their legal options.

obviously it is nowhere near as large in scope as the african slave trade was but it is very real. if you live in a town of any decent size there are probably people living in some kind of slavery near you. i've seen a dozen chinese men sleeping on the floor of a 1 bedroom apartment right next to a dairy queen. their boss had their (fake) passports locked up and they were given three meals a day and nothing else for their work. there were no chains or whips but that's slavery.

If you're going to periodpost at least show dem titties, sweetheart.

>/pollacks literally can't read

Good job proving me right retard.

Are you that butthurt /u/ legbeard that kept shitposting in those earlier threads all week? Don't you have family to go see for the holidays?

Collectible card game makers and their players should be thrown in a hole and buried. Bunch of consumerist retards.

>illegal aliens

Yeah, they really should just be deported and then we wouldn't have that problem here anymore. Glad they got raped for trying to border hop, though.

if somebody hates jews and doesn't say or do anything to make jews feel uncomfortable within a business then there is no reason they would be kicked out. if you say or do something to make jews within the business feel uncomfortable then the business can kick you out. it's not that complicated. nobody cares what you think or believe, just don't be an asshole and you will be fine.

I get that this is Veeky Forums and the shadow of trolling hangs over us all, but it's a serious question. I feel you have a point in there, and am asking for it to be more thoroughly explored.

No user, i was saying that, as a business owner, you can kick out anyone for no reason, so as long as you leave the "reason" unstated, its extremely difficult to prove what motivated it.
So, unless said owner did the yelling, it would take a vast number of like situations with a multitude of example to prove anything./

Everything you said may be true, even the second-last one if we were to oversimplify that problem and make it a race thing. What is also true is that our American government has marginalized the importance of science in government policy, prioritizes hot-button issues over America's systemic problems of corruption, and how the media prioritizes drama over policy. These things make it easy for politicians to prey on those who aren't specialized in certain intellectual fields and manipulate them into supporting policies that are against their own well-being.

I'm not sure about the latter, but I would think Marxists would actually try to unite the lower class whites and blacks against the "liberal elite" rather than be the "liberal elite" and divide everyone based on race regardless of class. Then again I'm not a communist.

40k players are pathetic.
They're like abused housewives who still stay with their husband even though they no longer respect or love the wife, hoping that one day the husband will change.
The game has gone to shit, the mechanics are now watered down, SJWs have invaded both the production and player base, and you know damn well they'll yell "YOU'RE A FUCKING WHITE MALE" at you for not keeping your head down and keep giving them your shekels
Stay cucked forever, nerds.

I don't have the time to teach critical thinking to you, how about you save that post you quoted and reread it once you've earned your GED

>being pro-American makes you a nazi

Leftists (who claim not to hate America) everyone

>blind faith in authority

Leftists (who claim to oppose fascism) everyone.

>Being rude is not the same as being retarded, faulty logic

Leftists (who claim to be academic) everyone

but why would a business want to kick out paying customers who aren't doing anything?

Are you that butthurt retard shitposter that thinks every post is somehow one user or are just some other retard?

Don't bother, this same autist shows up every time a post remotely critical of women is made.

Thanks for the confirmation. Why did you come here from /u/ anyway?

If you're going to try to establish false consensus to push your SJW views you might want to work on not being so blindingly obvious first.

>t. Cuck

You know what the DCI does if you misgender someone once?

Nothing.

If you keep doing, you're a twat and will probably get DQd for USC - Major, and might even get banned.

I know this because a friend of mine, a judge, misgendered their opponent once, got called on it, fixed their mistake and that was it.

Basic human decency, whilst a radical concept, is not hard.

I know for a fact that women think differently than men. They're weaker physically, though constitutionally is far too individual to be actually determinant since there are a multitude of non-muscle based situations that women cope with better than men, while men have much more physical endurance otherwise.

The trick is, different doesn't mean stupid or wrong headed, only different. Only an idiot would think women are stupid across the board compared to men, and most likely one who has been victimized by women on many occasions.

Dude you can't communicate for shit.