Your character has to put on a show of weapon skill in a competition

Your character has to put on a show of weapon skill in a competition.

The last competitor, after a sequence of difficult flourishes that are the hallmarks of his school [Dexterity (Performance) DC 20], cut through twelve rolled straw mats with a single motion [Strength DC 20]. While the judges appreciated both the difficulty and the traditional aspects of the performance, they seemed to be hungry for something more inventive.

How are you going to wow the judges?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IPPCWoPxyss
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I commit seppuku, that’s sure to get their attention

Shoot an arrow through 12 axe heads.

Classy.

Break twelve swords with one swing of a rolled up straw mat.

I take one of the judges cups and turn it into palmitte. I then sell it and go on a drinking binge

By not using a weapon in the mat-cutting contest.

What is this flourishing nonsense? This is elf shit. I challenge the former competitor to a duel in front of the judges.

Go build a horse

Ask someone to deliver me a melon, then proceed to carve it into the shape of one of the judge's faces using only the tip of my blade from as far as possible.

Hold my beer

Well, that's one way to one-up someone.

Bisect the last guy in one stroke.

>How are you going to wow the judges?
I go an entire week without posting any of my poorly-drawn waifus.

no you hold mine

Ask who the fuck signed me up for a show of weapon skill, I'm a god damn wizard.

Even low level wizards are typically more skilled with weapons than the common populace. And if you can't think of something impressive you can do with spells like True Strike, c'mon.

If it grant's us an audience with the Shrine maidens that likely guard the portal to the next world, then my world hopping space man will draw his Gyro-jet pistol an blow the target away with a micro missile. Hopefully that wins them over, because now I only have five shots left.

Slice off the competitor's clothes.

Pick random metal object, hulk up to full power and fling it towards nearest landmark. At 18 dots of Strength (on scale where peak human is 5).
I don't do weapons, I don't do subtle. And this is about as much fuck as I can be bothered to give.

Hide somewhere and have an illusion swallow about three "swords" while doing a jig.

I actually had to do this in a recent campaign. I threw 4 axes up in the air and juggled them by throwing knives at them.

This : youtube.com/watch?v=IPPCWoPxyss

I require an opponent

anyone will do, its preferable if they resist

>user's Tinder presentation

kek

well played

you mean Grindr?

My eagle will throw some rings in the air for me to shoot arrows through

Each arrow is imbued with a spell, for added flash

I feel like something like this should be a part of every campaign. It's a nice way to add flavor to the story.

With my massive muscles, I bend a sword into a ring, throw it up in the air, and catch it with one hand, thereby demonstrating ridiculous strength, dexterity, and the willpower to catch the horribly bent sword without hesitation.

"You fight like a dairy farmer."
[Intelligence DC (25 + Charisma modifier)]
[If the target fails the check, cast Vicious Mockery and True Strike as free actions.]

How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

Challenge the previous competitor to a duel, blindfolded with one hand tied behind his back.

Blind fight and use of a light weapon makes these penalties trivial but the audience doesn't know that

Oh lookie here, we've got a tough guy who knows his repartees, huh! You wanna start, huh?
"If your sword is as sharp as your mind, then the only thing I have to be afraid of is being beaten to death."

Use Major Image and Malleable Illusion to make it look like I cut through 20 straw mats with a simple slice of a dagger. That would probably be more impressive than cutting through 12 with a bunch of fancy movements.

If I'm allowed to use my own sword then I do the exact same thing but with twelve one foot diameter granite columns

If not allowed to use my own sword then I simply swing it an destroy the blade in the process since it isn't made to withstand my strength or speed

Fireball the judges, Invisibility away, wonder who signed a wizard up for a beauty pageant, show up tomorrow to steal the prize money

>all of these edgy autistic replies

Day Veeky Forums has gone to shit.

Most of these are actually pretty great.

Whoops, forgot image.

spear fish a space whale and bathe in its blood

Rolled 15 (1d20)

Wizard is Confused

I spin my staff around

>Get a giant ass boulder or whatever
>Wind up for a Falcon Punch as a 5e Mystic
>Bonus Action- 7 pt Brute Strike, on hit deals extra 7d8 damage
>Action- 7 pt Bestial Claws, 7d10 Bludgeoning damage
>Reaction- 7 pt Knock Back- target makes STR save (fails because object) or is knocked back 20 ft per PSI point spent, (so 140), taking 1d6 damage for every 10 ft moved, 14d6 damage

That's 7d10+STRmod(5)+7d8+14d6 damage, should be enough to obliterate most mundane objects completely.

For reference a swing from a greatsword in 5e is 2d6+STR(so probably 5). It might not be that dexterous but it's certainly a devastating blow.

At least I think those are tge numbers for the Mystic Falcon Punch, it could be off by a bit.

I perform the same routine, but backwards.

Rolled 15 + 8 (1d20 + 8)

oh well second place isn't bad

spin for a magic light show

"Challenging you with a sword should be considered a courtesy. Beating you to death would be ungentlemanly!"

>Unremarkable musket wielding merchant girl.
I can probably skeet shoot but that's not particularily impressive.
Can I sponsor another competitor by selling overpriced refreshments with their face printed on them to the crowd instead?

Use the tip of my halberd to pick up and juggle 3 katanas in the air before performing a full pirouette and neatly slicing all three of them in half with a single swing.

*teleports behind them*
*unleash my inner demon*
*slice their heads off in a single motion with the superior blade folded 666 times*

"How you like them, apples?"

Telepathically communicate with my familiar who's operating my magically animated siege tower. Have him chug true strike potion. Have him fire the roof trebuchet enchanted for extra range (located outside city limits) at the target. Pass attack check because of automatic 20. Point at the target dramatically.

Pick shrapnel from annihilated target out of beard.

Justify it to the DM by arguing it's the only weapon for a wizard because it lets me use +int to hit.

>If not allowed to use my own sword then I simply swing it an destroy the blade in the process since it isn't made to withstand my strength or speed

That is some silly shit right there.

Planar bind 1 Kyton, Polymorph Any Object to give it my appearance, give it 4 Huge spiked chains.
Kyton uses Dancing Chains to wow the judges with inhuman skill, and I read about 'my' exploits in the morning paper over a cup of tea.

I brought an Ork with me that I'll shoot with my Bolt Pistol while I play fruitninja with airborne bits of Ork and my Powersword.
The real skill is not-getting any blood or Grime on my Mordian Uniform.

>Declare that it's nothing personal
>Cast Steel Wind Strike
>Teleport slash a bunch of rolled rugs
>Sheathe katana and say something smug and edgy

Roll to seduce?

>nani.jpg

Rolled 16 (1d20)

Why not.