I got 324 cards to play in my cube for less than $100 and blue core paper too...

I got 324 cards to play in my cube for less than $100 and blue core paper too. Under my sleeves they feel like the same shit as my real mtg cards.

It would take me $30000+ to finish my cube with real cards. Why the fuck is it so expensive for cardboard? I had a budget for $1000 and even that only got me to 100 cards. I spent the excess I had left on a nintendo switch with a shitload of acessories and games and still had a fair amount of money left over.

Other urls found in this thread:

breitbart.com/tech/2017/12/20/delingpole-magicgate-the-ugly-story-of-how-social-justice-warriors-ruined-an-innocent-collectible-card-game/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Artificial scarcity.

>Look mom, I posted it again
1) Who cares? You filled out your cube good for you.

2) Good luck selling those bitches and recouping ANY of your money.

>he doesn't understand finance...

Lose out $100 which I make in 2 hours, or risk losing a variability of $30,000.

Because in the early days of Magic the Gathering, Wizards pissed off collectors by reprinting haphazardly and without notice. Since collectors were a significant portion of the tiny playerbase, they made several promises to appease them.

Later, in the very late 90s/early 2000s, Magic started growing significantly. The main driving force behind this were brick and mortar vendors, which set up a place to play and promoted the game. Many of these shops quickly wizened up to the idea of selling singles, which led to them buying product just to crack it open and sell the money rares. Since you have to build stock to sell those cards, the vendors had a vested interest in those cards not suddenly losing their worth through unpredictable reprints. With how important those shops were to the game's growth, Wizards naturally decided to protect their interests in a mutually benifitial relationship, using the promises and events from the 90s as justification for ultimately anti-consumer policies.

Fast forward another 15 years and the relationship of WotC and vendors has become incredibly codependant, to the point of where they are practically fused together. However, most of those disorganized B&M Stores were supplanted by very few, gigantic online card sellers. Those still set up tournaments and promote the games, but since they are singular entities, they also have a lot more power and WotC is now pretty much deadlocked in a deathgrip with them.

TL;DR, Wizards made the bad decision of making product appealing to vendors instead of customers in the early 2000s and it's haunted them ever since.

>Lose out $100 which I make in 2 hours, or risk losing a variability of $30,000.
If you're making $50 an hour, you should be at work, not shitposting on Veeky Forums.

It's fine having proxies, but pretending they're anywhere close to real is pants-on-head retarded.

I already finished my tasks for today. 4 hours after I entered the office. I need to pass the time for 3 - 3.5 hours so I don't look too efficient.

Nobody cares about recouping a hundred bucks. That's an expensive boardgame.

You don't buy a copy of Twilight Imperium because you expect to one day resell it, you buy it because you enjoy playing the game and want to play it with your friends.

People who view cardboard as an investment are the cancer killing Magic. I'm just glad that there are now places where people who care about the GAME can go to buy the cards to PLAY without being sucked dry.

Shame that money can't go to Wizards, or to support LGSs, but that was their choice, not ours.

Explain how I could acquire Chinaman proxies

Oh, so you're just waiting to be fired by a new boss. I understand completely.

It's not recouping a hundred bucks, it's that proxies have nothing to do with anything most of the time and this is a poorly disguised bait thread, so I preemptively refuted their central argument before they could even start.

Why are you so bitter you NEET. You've never worked a white collar job in your life, the smart thing to do is to be efficient but not too efficent. Because guess what when you're too good they stick you in that position.

Proxies do change the game, they act as a substitute good to the real cards. At the end of the day a mtg card is just ink arranged a specific way on cardboard.

Actually he'll probably be promoted if he shows any interest in being so.

It is stuff like "I'm making 8x your yearly salary a month for wasting half my work day," that fuels the idiots who demand Communism.

Never mind that what you're doing likely earns the company that much more than what the wage slaves are doing. That's too abstract and removed from the present for the average person.

where did you get the cards user? asking for a friend

>it's that proxies have nothing to do with anything most of the time
What are you trying to say? The relevance of proxies to building a cube at a reasonable cost is readily apparent.

I printed, cut and cornered the 200 cards for my LGS prototype for $7.

I will not play morality police because I have been playing with chinese Mox Diamonds at Legacy GPs since 2012, but if all you wanted was passable fronts for Cube you could have gotten them way cheaper.

Nigga pretending to be very busy while doing shit is how you become CEO.

you're a fucking retard. A hundred bucks is nothing kid, when you find a job. I spend that shit on my dinners alone.

I too wish african basket weaving was as valuable as managing the city's water supply. An ingeneer who studyied for 5 years and did grunt work for another 10 surelly desserves the same money as a street urchin with a bunch of sticks and a pot of boiling water.

breitbart.com/tech/2017/12/20/delingpole-magicgate-the-ugly-story-of-how-social-justice-warriors-ruined-an-innocent-collectible-card-game/

BRIETBART IS COMING, eTHICS IN CARD GAMES

aliexpress

makeplayingcards.com you can get a custom one that way, aliexpress is too crazy and it all preset.

I also proxy 360 cube cards and cut em out i think alot of people do this.

With your spelling i wonder why you would argue an engineer's point, but ok