On which turn does Time Walk become a better Remand? Turn 3? Turn 4?

On which turn does Time Walk become a better Remand? Turn 3? Turn 4?

I just can't imagine a time where I'd rather have a Time Walk instead of a Remand

You think you're funny but you're not. You see, your enemy can cast two spells on the same turn!

Calm down Kaiba

>Any turn where you have planeswalkers
>Any turn where you can attack with no bad blocks.
>Any turn your opponent is tapped out.
>Any turn you can create a duplicate effect.
>Any turn

Everyone knows time walk is shit

The real question is Remand or Memory Lapse

>Any turn
Not your opponent's turn tho

You got me there.

>I just can't imagine a time where I'd rather have a Time Walk instead of a Remand
Then you're an idiot. The cards do distinctly different things.

Remand is a defensive card. It prevents the enemy from advancing their goals. This is all it does. It does nothing to further your gameplan, merely delays theirs.

Time Walk is a proactive card. It allows you to advance your plan faster than normal. Generally speaking, this is stronger than preventing the opponent. He who takes the initiative generally wins.

In 95% of scenarios, I would rather make my plan a thing over merely stopping one enemy spell. Time Walk allows you to advance your plan, whatever it may be and to whatever degree you can, where Remand offers nothing of the sort.

What about when your opponent isn't trying to cast spells? Remand's no good without a target.

Memory Lapse is better in multi-player.

Remand is objectively better. Memory Lapse enables Miracle.

Checkmate, atheists.

>Does nothing to further your gameplan
It gets you one card deeper
>Time Walk is a proactive card
Also gets you one card deeper. It has the advantage of one more untap step with the major disadvantage of sorcery speed
If my opponent does nothing I get to cast any of the other 5-6 cards in my hand. It's like a Time Walk or Remand that didn't cost me anything

How/why?

I use Memory Lapse in Melek EDH.

Cast a spell off the top of my library. Copy trigger. Make a copy. Memory Lapse the original back on top of my library. Resolve the copy. Cast the spell again. Copy trigger. Make another copy.

TRIPLE SPELL

Remand is good for you. Memory Lapse is good for everyone but them.
It's better at dragging down whoever is in the lead.

Nice. Ima put that in my Keranos izzet dudes.

Remand draws you a card and nothing else. Time Walk draws you a card, and also gives you two main phases, a combat step, an upkeep, and even untaps your mana. How is this even a question?

I'm honestly not sure if this thread is full of posters memeing or if there is some high level strategic reasoning that's opaque to me.

>if there is some high level strategic reasoning that's opaque to me
There really isn't. Remand just isn't in the same league as Time Walk. The only thing they share is a mana cost.

Remand's a good card, for sure, but Time Walk is legitimately broken. It's like comparing Serum Visions to Ancestral Recall: you can see the logic in comparing them but they're not even playing the same game.

Can someone explain time walk's art to me? What is that supposed to be? Flayed humans?

>Any turn you can attack
>Any turn your opponent has creatures that can attack
>Any turn that either you or your opponent can do literally anything more than cast a single spell

It's all about time yo, sundials and shit.

Time walk is actually better than remand on turn 1 and 2 because they won't be able to use their own remand in response. Once they have 2 mana though remand is almost always better.