The party is transported into an SCP foundation facility during a severe containment breach

>The party is transported into an SCP foundation facility during a severe containment breach

How would your guys deal with this?

Other urls found in this thread:

scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-261
scp-wiki.net/scp-2193
scp-wiki.net/dr-clef-s-proposal
scpsandbox2.wikidot.com/jorgins
clasped.tumblr.com/post/54316572004/scp-231-the-secret-poem
scp-wiki.net/scp-2137
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Multiple fear checks and failed notches, one or two members killed, annihilomancer throws a magic-infused grenade and starts a fire.

Chuckle lightly at anyone taking the SCP seriously.

>fresh out of chargen pack of Forsaken werewolves
Die to either their SWAT team all at once or get whittled down one by one by the SCPs that work like horrors

By quitting the game. I'm not going to play with a DM that use this shit in his game

You must be really fun to be around at parties.

By dying, probably.
Also, that's a shit take on 682.

Lets change the subject somewhat, now we all know that a grand majority of SCP's are edgy, unkillable, he kill peeple XD types. What are your favorite non-edgy ones? Personally i love the vending machine one.

this one
scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-261

I really like 315

Call in a tactical nuke and blow it all up

Depends on what SCP has escaped, but the most probable case in every scenario is the party holds for some time until spending all their spells and end up getting killed one by one.

Here, have a (You)

>hey here's this database of often interesting monsters and weird shit
>If you use this you're a bad GM
>stick to the official Bestiary

My characters are high level pathfinder spellcasters. They ask the SCPs politely to go back to their containment areas and comply meekly, either before or after they annihilate one or two of them in less than 6 seconds.

If we somehow have knowledge of what the SCP foundation is, plane shifting the fuck out

Why are you here if you have nothing to contribute? Fuck off to a thread about something you DO like, you tosser.

The "Here be dragons" one was kinda neat, can't remember the SCP number

Trying to keep the rest of the party from touching all the weird shit, not to automatically attack Foundation personel and probably fail at both.
My friends are hopeless murderhobo's the minute they get characters with over 30 hp.

Back to /x/ retard

I dunno. The SCP foundation is such a mish mash and has no strict guidelines, rules, or any sort of overall reasoning or logic.

This containment could go anywhere from something harmless, something funny, something creepy, or something stupid, depending on who's writing it and which SCPs are breaching.

Really, the SCP foundation just doesn't work as a setting, considering how every forest has a awful ghost monster in it, huge swathes of the planet is ruined, how many D-Class must logically die everyday, how many facilities that the 5 or so different factions have in every nook and crany of the world, and just how bloated it has gotten.

SCP is not interesting.

Killer comeback. You think of it yourself?

>a grand majority
Not really.

And lets not forget some of the absolutely shabby treatment of some of the less harmful subjects. Like goddamn, let the fucking Rubix Cube dad play with his son.

>how many D-Class must logically die everyday
scp-wiki.net/scp-2193

We run away, probably. Everyone is level 5, what are we gonna do against an indestructible lizard?

Wrap it in the Space bubble and look for local Mysterium or Guardians of the Veil caucus to understand why the fuck they can't keep their Mystery stockpile safe.

That's why the Foundation isn't a setting; it's a grab bag you can use to make settings. On the site itself there's like 20 different settings, where the Foundation's anything from a monstrous, faceless oppressive institution to a group of people doing what they can to prevent the world from collapsing in on itself, to not actually existing.

Well if you look at it at a glance it is indeed just a bunch of pebbles at the bottom of the river. But if you search through it more thoroughly you might find that there are small pieces of gold among the rock.

>SCP is GURPS

user, don't read shit SCPs

I'm not really a fan of christian themes in my RPGs

scp-wiki.net/dr-clef-s-proposal

That's one of a number of possible 001's, all of which may or may not be decoys, you shitposting twit.

They'd all be killed in some horrible way, but luckily they'll all heal back to normal immediately after. I'm guessing once the breach is fixed, they'll be contained too or recruited into a task force.

Neither are most creatures in the monster manual.

>finish writing first SCP draft
>read all the rules and guidelines so i make sure im following proper site etiquette
>post draft for feedback
3 days later, no replies.

Party kills everything. They operate on a different level.

The one where a large place with statues which go berserk at night and attack everyone from dusk till dawn,then go back to sleep during the day in a park is quite interesting to read
I think its an allegory to moloch

>run SCP IN GURPS

Is this the answer we have been looking for?

>everyone exept me
run to the nearest corner and try to keep calm
>me
stab 682 in the eyes and play demon croc rodeo.

There's nothing to run. It's a bunch of half baked ideas and concepts with nothing behind them.

>It's a bunch of half baked ideas and concepts with nothing behind them.
You mean D&D?
Also, the Foundation doesn't have one "canon", but it has a big toolbox of things that, with very little effort can be used to make your own setting. And even if you're too lazy for that, you can just shamelessly crib from one of their like 20 settings.

depends on what's breaching I guess. If it's something that can be killed by hosing it with lasfire then we're fine, if not, well, lives are the God Emperor's currency.

Most likely just die. Good thread.

Post it here, friendosexual

ill link you to the sandbox lad.
scpsandbox2.wikidot.com/jorgins

GURPS already has a couple of SCP-ish settings.

Black Ops, which is basically Delta Green with MJ-12 levels of funding.
Monster Hunters, which is more supernatural.
The Madness Dossier, which is something like Delta Green crossed with Snow Crash - fighting the remnant servitor races and neurolinguistic programming built into humanity, to prevent reality from shattering back into the true history where we were always slaves.

So, it's really got quite a lot of support for that kind of game. There are a couple of other things as well, but those are more like Sliders or Mage, etc.

let's be honest, maybe 1% of stuff on SCP is actually worth a damn

Much of it is crap, some of it is decent, a small portion is very good. Main issues are that the people running the entire thing are SJW as hell and the whole cringey roleplay thing that they have going on with gears/clef whatever sue of the moment.

>Main issues are that the people running the entire thing are SJW as hell
yeah, that's the issue, it has nothing to do with the fact that most of them are of mid-level fanfiction quality

The best articles on the site were gutted a while ago in a new approach to make SCPs less triggering to those with delicate sensibilities. 231 was one of the worst affected. It's a problem.

Sometimes there are flecks of gold or iron in the shit of the riverbed.

Oh god, what happened?

The article is pretty much incomprehensible if you didn't read it before it was edited. All references to exactly what the redacted procedure is were summarily deleted so that not even a hint of implication about anything dirty could trigger someone.

Ohh. i never read it pre-update, i assumed it was always like that for in-lore reasons as a result of the ethics committee or whatever.

Yea, 847 and 845 were purged for being 'too sexist'.

Not anymore. They purged a fuckload of edgy shit.

Was 231 the little girl that if left un-implied-raped would give birth to some horrible world destroyer?

Yes. The whole point of it was to introduce the ethics committee and the idea that the foundation had internal moral qualms about what it was doing, as well as to explore the use of amnestics for both subjects and staff.

What was wrong with liquid polecat?

I love how Veeky Forums used to hate this one before it was purged and now you're treating it as some sort of lost masterpiece

The liquid polecat is probably a replacement from after one the big purge. I don't remember what the previous version was, but there's a good chance sexism wasn't the driving force behind it. The biggest purge was driven by threats of a lawsuit from a past contributor trying to start drama. Instead of shutting the site down or going to court, the admins called his bluff and deleted every single thing he ever wrote as well as every reference to it.

Sorry, I meant to write 835.

I love how Veeky Forums is a gestalt entity that shares exactly the same opinions on everything.

231 had a hidden poem in it that was pretty cool as well. It was one of the best articles on the site back in the day.

>Veeky Forums is one person

Calm down, dude. I didn't say it was well done or stood the test of time. Nor did I say that it's a masterpiece. It helped to showcase and establish ideas that are more prominent on the wiki now, and then it got retconned. The current version of 231 still keeps some implications without being too overt or edgy about it. "satanic sex cult" tells you enough and lets your imagination do the rest.

Shit did it really? I never noticed that. Was it the unredacted words? Or hidden in white text somewhere?

Think we could wayback machine the page?

clasped.tumblr.com/post/54316572004/scp-231-the-secret-poem

>maybe 1% of stuff on SCP is actually worth a damn

That's a pretty good rate.

UA is sick

>scp-wiki.net/scp-2137
still my favorite

the Blade Wood Grove
the cherry blossom trees that drop razor edged petals that can be forged into armor and weapons

>mind the gusts

>scpsandbox2.wikidot.com/jorgins
looks like you just need a lot of editing...
>Feeding of up to 3 animals of European origin and at least one D-class individual are to be fed to the colony on a bi-monthly basis
perhaps rewrite this line a little?

that's the one.

I thought the actual SCP itself was overly edgy to the point of mockery but I like that it introduced the ethics committee and what it represented.

>Shadowrunner team (Decker, Rigger, Melee Adept, B&E Expert, Street Sam)

>Fully-Geared (w/vehicles' worth of ordinance)
Run away to the nearest evacuation centre, while trying to shoot at anything that moves

>At current strength (w/o vehicles or heavier ordinance)
Die one by one by the horrors of the Foundation.

>Asterion Moloc and the other masters of the chapter
Kill all the researchers, destroy/loot anything of value, then die to them

Die

Most SPCs are ridiculously counter-intuitive with lethal results

A shark can't be that bad.

(You)

it was interesting before memelords took over

SCP-1230 aka Veeky Forums's wet dream.

That would actually be extremely useful in 40k, especially for Inquisitors or Astartes combat/meditation or any other kind of training

What would you prefer?

2408 was interesting. The one about Site-13 was a decent read, though odd for an SCP story because They actually manage to extract some of the people, including the guys who turned the dimensional transfer thingy back on, IIRC.

You know that there's a history function in the SCP wiki itself? It's a wiki, holy shit.

I didn't hear about this, when did it happen? I want to know what version I should be looking at with the history function

I liked the SCP about the mirrors and alternate worlds, it was fairly interesting. can't remember what # it is though.

>Melee fighters get into close combat with 682
>They all die to save me and my boss and buy us time to recontain
>Boss uses telekinesis and high intellect to rapidly devise containment
>I hack everything and gain access to all relevant systems
>682 recontained with minimal casualties

So basically an average day.

1425, aka Star Signals.

Was that the one that was colour-coded, with the red world being some sort of a hub? Was that also the same one with the 'gods' descending from the sky and giving out this liquid referred to as tears, and one of the other areas had an abandoned farm with these giant creatures wandering about the barren fields, or have I mashed several together?

Nope, that's the same one, 093 iirc, the Dead Sea Object

" Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bug hunt? "

>Red-Fisted Yoji, Sidereal Exalt

He deals with it by never having been transported there, thus negating the narrative.

The real fucking work of it was in the poem hidden in the F12.

Have you considered the possibility of having an ethics committee without having to have your organization rape a child daily to prevent the end of the world? Because that's silly. It's not grim or gritty, it's something a horny 14 year old with a rape fetish would come up with to justify how his OC is totally not a bad guy for all the rape.

And honestly? The Poem is okay at best. Barely keeps rhythm, nothing terribly interesting in there. Frankly, it's not really that big of a loss.

>But user, you don't knoooooow that it's rape!

The whole fucking shtick is so fucking hackey.

We've got this, senpai. You're in good hands.*

>*not responsible for collateral damage and subsequent containment breaches

Look for symbols.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I just went to the page and it's exactly like I remember it, only with one or two additions on the bottom. The F12 is still there.

Thanks dude, will try though im not that experienced with this writer business