How is incestual marriage treated in your setting? Is it unclean or seen as keeping nobility within the nobles?

How is incestual marriage treated in your setting? Is it unclean or seen as keeping nobility within the nobles?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9aAD0yJ3SdQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I miss quest threads on Veeky Forums as much as the next guy, but it's hard keeping up with all these bait threads.

These bait threads were here since long before the nazi-mod, you know. /qst/ and /wst/ are neither responsible nor a result of them. They were just useful scapegoats to get rid of badwrongfun.

Incest does not cause the same problems as in the real world and is quite common. This also means that society looks quite different and "family bonds" are much more important, since a family can easily be the size of a city.

Fuck off or keep to topic asshat, you have a containment board for your aids already

It's completely irrelevant because what the fuck could that possibly have to do with the players or PCs?
>hurr what's your royal quest-giver's tax policy

Please drink bleach

i like how the most classic result-getting Veeky Forums threads just get hate these days instead

i wish everyone who joined this board after 2010 jumped off a cliff

I assure you, incest is both very welcome and very common in my magical realm.

Current setting:
Second cousin marriage is not uncommon among nobles and the lower classes. First cousin marriage is only acceptable in really small, usually low class communities. Anything closer than that is illegal.
Illegal isn't the same as "unheard of", though. Sure, a man can't marry his slave half-sister and raise children with her, but when you grow up on a plantation together and she's around the house all the time looking 2cute, well, eventually something naughty will happen and if there's kids out of it, well, they're more house slaves.

In my future setting, humanity sent out generation ships with small populations (a few thousand, 10-15k at the most), each monitored by a gene computer specifically to both reduce the damage caused by inbreeding and to help the many species onboard adapt to their new world. The computer can monitor the germ line and edit out problem traits while also adding in traits it might be storing. The problem is the computers aren't immune to damage, bit rot, sabotage, or interference, so sometimes they make strange choices about what traits to add or remove like "Humans have stripes and tails, right?" Or "humans, that's one sex, right? All females, all buff? That what it says on this totally legit gene file."

>These bait threads were here since long before the nazi-mod, you know.
Yeah, but when we had quests on this board they gave people something fun to do while they were in the process of browsing Veeky Forums. Now that they're banned here, bait threads get a lot more attention and bumps because all the people who played quests are still browsing Veeky Forums, just with fewer choices for interactive threads besides these bait threads.

Too bad, the Board Fun Police won, now you get nu/tg/pol/.

Yeah, but on the plus side, /qst/ is completely unmoderated so every time fun stuff gets banned on Veeky Forums a few more OC posters end up on /qst/.

Fairly well, thanks for asking.

One setting: Incest is taboo and considered a sin in some places, and incest between father and grown-up daughter is not prohibited in others because a child's father can not always be identified due to matriarchal forms of relationship (guest marriage mainly).
Rest of settings: very much taboo, just like in our world.

Depends on the nation, culture, and religion.

You may not marry your sister or mother or daughter, but it is permitted that you marry your first cousin, this is not a health risk. Due to a tendency to marry one's daughters off to wealthy nobility, and to protect the existence of small families, a man may not have more than four wives.

It's no bueno, but the nobles are not above fudging records (Or at least filing that part of their genealogy on a high shelf) for the sake of politics. That generally goes for all situations though, not just marriages.

>this is not a health risk.

lol

Fun for all the family!

>this is not a health risk.
t. Arab Muslim idiot

First-cousin marriage inbreeding lowers IQ and increases the chance of mental & physical disability enormously.

It's weird to think that people keep images like this on their computers just so they can shitpost about muslims on the elfgames board.

The elves are pure enough that it is no different than having a kid with another elf. Humans aren't, and they think the elves are hedonistic for it. Incest is noble among elves as it keeps the bloodlines pure.

My magical realm is hiding and saging shitty threads

Knowledge about the negative effects of incest is among the most important knowledge we as a species possess, behind the obvious shit like fire, printing press, electricity, wheel etc.. Nobody suffers more from Arab incestual practices than Arabs themselves. Of course, just shouting "idiot" when this is pretty new knowledge and hasn't had the same chance yet to spread the same way in the Middle East or in Africa is disingenious as well.

The people in charge do not care, the only thing that matters to them is that more children are born to feed into the war effort. It doesn't matter if you fuck your wife, your mom, or your sister, as long as a healthy child is born. Seeing as not producing children is punished, and all unhealthy children are killed off anyway, one might even say that it is encouraged.

>Straya

>Knowledge about the negative effects of incest is among the most important knowledge we as a species possess
Right, but it's pretty weird that you don't actually have anything to do with regulating human genetics or aiding cultures in changing harmful social practices and you just keep it on your computer so you can shitpost about muslims on the elfgames board.

Not him, but to play the devil's advocate it's quite possible that he just googled the image, then copied the link instead of uploading an image that's on his computer. I do that all the time.

Also, even if he's an autist this doesn't change the fact that consanguineous marriages are horribly harmful to everyone involved. Including the tax payer: in Britain, Paki's bleed the healthcare system dry with their inbred dysfunctional children.

youtube.com/watch?v=9aAD0yJ3SdQ

Here's a documentary about just that from a mainstream, "politically correct" news website in case you feel the urge to start calling me /pol/. And let's not forget that in the cases where the children aren't born deaf and blind it still lowers average IQ (which is highly correlated with more crime, less income, more violence, earlier loss of virginity, teenage parenthood, unemployment and a lot of other nasty side effects that society as a whole suffers from).

Western governments need to concern themselves with it, and in Iceland they're very involved. Iceland is tiny in population, so right now before you get married you need to take DNA tests to prove that you aren't related to eachother nearer than the fourth degree (which on a sparsely inhabited island as Iceland could easily happen on accident).

>Not him, but to play the devil's advocate it's quite possible that he just googled the image, then copied the link instead of uploading an image that's on his computer. I do that all the time.

Could be, but either way it's funny to think that someone gets this invested in shitposting about muslims on the elfgames board.

>Thread about incest
>Someone posts a map of world-wide incest
>user thinks this is weird

It's funny how butthurt you are by a single image.

It’s seen as a mixture of blasphemy and violation of sumptuary laws.

The common tradition dictates that all the kings and lords originate from the first man and his thirty-seven sisters. All other intelligent beings, including the “lesser humans,” derive from the sisters who were unfaithful to the first man and produced children with animals, spirits, or demons. Therefore, incest is seen as a purely divine act, and any other than those of divine blood laying with a relative is an insult to the gods and the natural order of things.

Nobles are mocked for doing it, but they don't care. It keeps the lines "noble" and alliances tight.

Magical families do it frequently but have taboos against it. The most magically gifted families regularly practise incest, because magic grows stronger if both partners are powerful in magic. Magic mitigates most of the physical problems with incest, but not as much of the mental problems. So powerful families usually harbour mentally unstable people, and those families are respected of fear more than their prestige or societal contributions. These families are often tightly connected to nobles and royalty.

Commoners universally grown upon it.

I'm not him, and you're probably not wrong.

I want to make sweet love with my non-existent sister. It's too late to have a sister.

I'd like to see the actual definition of consanguinity used for that map. Also, fun that Japan is in the yellow. They do indeed actually allow for level 1 cousins to marry. Then again: this actually was the preferential marriage model in a lot of countries, including the UK up till very recently.

My favorite part is how the last block is "10-50%+"

Like, they could have written it as 10%+, but this way they get the
>implication
that dirty foreign countries have a 50%+ incest rate.

There is a lot of fun things that one could criticize about the chart, or about the conclusions that the guy was drawing from it. That said, there DOES seem to be some level of correlation between close kin sexual union and social orderliness. Key words being "SOME" and "CORRELATION". I wish there was more actually reliable sources on the subject, but it's all a rather sensitive subject and sadly, anthropology is pretty damn shy about studying it.

>Is it unclean or seen as keeping nobility within the nobles?
It's unclean if peasants do it, it's just the way things are when aristocrats do it.