Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Master-Craft Edition

>FAQ update
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/

>Duncan 300th
youtube.com/watch?v=nBopjeR60UM

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

DA CODEX:
mega.nz/#!Ald3GbDI!gE1W1yRfDZauVwh6xwmAIP4v16f3BdLb7TI6qcGj1nE

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Adeptus_Mechanicus
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Does the Cult Mechanicus have any splinter factions and the like? Even the Inquisition does.

So for my Scourges I’ve got 4 of every weapon besides Shredders.
Do I start making extra Dark Lance Scourges, or Blasters?

What's your opinion on solid building vs open ruins for terrain? I'm looking to make some building and tossing up between GW style ruins and solid buildings with multiple roof levels like what miniwargaming use.

Blasters, lance is cool.

Don’t wanna bother with longer reply invade this thread is deleted too.

Dark Mechanicus?

There was a splinter faction of the church, marines and Admech that thought they all should work together and cut the retarded crap.

Everyone got purged

Blasters seem like the safest bet, being able to drop down and fire without the -1 to hit from Heavy, and being able to keep mobile afterwards even if the damage is lower.

I assume the price is lower too but I don't keep track of that.

yes but we don't know much about them.

Why are Ghostkeels so cool?

Are there any girls in 40k or is it just a meme pushed by the marketing team?

I really don't like solid buildings.

They just feel wrong in any wargame I played.

Ruins are far more gameplay-friendly.

Solid first level and open ruins for second and possibly third levels to be honest. Having a larger flat surface is pretty good.

Technically yeah but you know what I meant.

Did they have a name?

>inb4 trapfaggotry

Absolutely.

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Adeptus_Mechanicus

There's also more than those presented here, just like there's Radical and Puritan inquisitors there's progressive/borderline heretical Tech-priest and orthodox/hardliner ones.

Getting a start collecting craftworlds for christmas, what else should I get to add to the army?

Reminder.

There are girls in 40k, but they are rare.

There are a couple at my local store. None of them used to be men as far as I can tell.

They did have a name, but I can’t recall it.

there are a few uggos/whales here and there but in general? no

AdMech and Knights got some interesting lore if you're willing to delve into it.

By about 5 Points.

It's missing the waacfag who doesn't care about any of the lore and just wants to play a spam army. Unironically he would be the most chad person there.

There girls, mostly paint. Some odd balls try to gold dig.

fuck that guy

Friend's gf plays, I know a few other girls who play. Not too rare desu

>golddig

lmao, there are no rich people playing 40k

My store has 3 girl(female) and 1 girl(male) regulars i get games with every now and again.

>Mfw getting BoP for Christmas
>Gonna make an IW army

I’m excited

what if you play fluffy death korps

>IW

end yourself

>worst legion
Scum.

do you wear a gas mask and duster while playing? if yes then you're a pretty cool guy, if no then git gud

I was thinking about caving in and selling my everything for my first tabletop army and I wanted to go Dark Eldar given the supreme hyper-rape at the cost of non existent defense shtick is my preferred all around strategy, are they worth?

>literally create a new chaos god that spells doom for your own race and has negatively affected untold trillions by now beacuse of your own decadence
>have no problems with your dark eldar cousins comitting the most heinous acts on non-eldar

>have a fucking gall to look down on and criticize humanity

exterminate all Eldar

There are 6 girls and 2 girl(male)s that go to our store. Only 2 girls and 1 girl(male) play though. The other 2 girls only come in to buy the books and the last 2 just paint. 1 girl is cute and the 1 girl(male) is kind of cute.

>poorfag projecting
Pathetic, that said those women are stupid too

He doesn't choose what he sees, He's not judging per se, merely saying what he has seen.

>extra
>not using magnets so you can transfer them to kabalites/trueborn
Son...

The d6 damage vs d3 damage is noticeable, even with the -1 hit, so that's something to consider. Running them 2 and 2 isn't bad, either.

>1 girl(male)
Do they really exist?

Outside some fat and ugly prostitute that really look like a man in a wig, I have never seen one.

Is this an American thing?

If this thread has taught me anything it’s that Krieg players are the worst breed of people in the hobby.

>paying thousnds of dollars to get an army of shitty plastic miniatures that you will likely paint horrendously

autism incarnate

neetbucks =/= wealth

It's just something I've noticed; nobody playing 40K is any kind of rich, it's weird desu.

Don't take the fucking bait you retard

Shouldn't that be the motto of this entire general?

It's a meme. The only girl at my store is the designated trap

so there are no girls at your store

Build open ruins, but try to keep the openings scattered in such a way that the building as a whole blocks line of site. So infantry can enter the building and use it for cover but vehicles can still hide behind it and use it to maneuver.

Why do you think everyone hates knife ears? They are frilly fags who think they are hot shit despite always being in their “dying off” stage

Checking the Guard codex PDF - is it true that Rough Riders are gone from the codex? They were present in the Index, which is odd. Can anyone confirm that for me? I'm at work, with my codex at home.

my comment was mostly aimed toward people getting old and/or badly sculpted minis

xenosfags truly suffer under the iron grip of GW

What is she like?

>Already naming Armageddon as the site for the final battle
Post yfw when 40k gets Age of Sigmar'd

What kind of degenerate country allows traps?

Dark Eldar are currently the exception to that though. All their shit is relatively new and looks good.

She's really cute and gives pretty good blowy joeys

Yep.

a wave serpent would be great for your Wraithguard and Farseer

Iran

What massive faggot you are, was going pre-established the Bloodied Rose anyways.

>They were present in the Index, which is odd
We already knew far before the codex came out.

They have no models, what do you expected?

>tfw the only fuckable one at my store is the trap

Just buy a second army. Most people I see that jump ship eventually go back to their prior army. A couple guys at my LGS tend to just rotate 2-3 armies playing and building whatever has their interest at the time. Any time they get tired of painting or building their primary army, they pick up a box or two of faction #2 until they feel like going back.

Most people in my LGS all hold careers and relatively normal lives. There's maybe tops 3 NEETs/autists around here.

Missing the obligatory ginger with neckpubes.

I didn't know that was expected, and wasn't playing much IG at the beginning of 8th. Before the codex came out, I used my polish winged hussars as riders.

You can still use them.
Just take them from the Index.
GW was kind enough (this time) to let us still use old units instead of downright squatting them.

Or they don't flaunt it at least.

>She

Go away.

Klaws or big choppas?
'eavy weapons on boyz?
Dedicated AA or just massed AT?

agreed, i have dkok and everybody hates me

cause my minis look so good

Said the trapfag who's spamming Veeky Forums with his crap.

I've been out of the loop of 40k fluff for a long time, but i just heard horror stories on another board about how Gulliman has been resurrected and is now the de facto new emperor.

Please tell me this isn't true.

>worst aesthetics
>shitty HQ models
>worst lore

Eldar confirmed npc race

Guilliman has come out of stasis and is currently leading the Imperial armies on a crusade or something. He isn't the new emperor. Emps is still there.

More primarchs are on the way too, so Guilliman won't have 100% authority for much longer either.

Didn't think I'd be able to do that - thank you.

What do you think she's reading?

The winged autarch and wraithseer are pretty cool :(

4 pretty rich guys at my LGS

One works for google in america now, used to rotate of his 3 BMWs when he came to the store

One is some sort of insurance broker and earns like 4k a week, goes deer hunting every other week then comes down to play

two own businesses, one spends every sunday drinking all day at a nearby pub, then comes in the next morning looking like he slept like a baby, the other is somewhat introvert and every single army he has is commission painted, but he almost never plays the game

>Are there any girls in 40k
Yes, they just don't want to come to the enclosed space that's full of overweight creepy guys, so you never see them.

Surprisingly enough, not b8 in its entirety. Pre op tranny, always been girly, smol, feminine, and cute so them saying theyre a girl(male) was literally zero surprise to me

Same. The trans girl is prettier than the other girls which says something about the girls because the trans girl still looks a little like a dude.

Have you ever heard the tragedy of Zanchui the cheap? I thought not. It's not a story GW would tell you.

It’s great, the Emperor planned on using the Primarchs as tools, now his son is pretty much the Emperor. He just doesn’t have the title. So pretty much his son gets to run things while using his father, the actual Emperor, as a tool.

>first tabletop army
>painted well
pretty much impossible, can you name a first anything you did well?

>the only fuckablene in the store is the trap
You say that as though its a bad thing

>Baaaw I can't ruin a thread with much trap posting I'm being oppressed!
No wonder people hate you.

Some ugly and fat girls somewhere. None relevant though

Please fuck off to your faggot containment board if you want to shitpost about trannies. Thank you.

Which primarchs?

Several but irrelevant, I planned to get some cheap models to practice on.

Behemoth.

Beh, heh, moth?

Beh, hee, moth?

What do you think of these homebrew Sept bonuses

1. INFANTRY ignore wounds on a roll of 6. Ritual Bonding Knife activates on a roll of 2+ instead of a 6.

2. Seeker Missiles do 2 damage instead of 1. Marker Drones can add 1 to hit rolls in the shooting phase.

3. Enemies have -1 to hit in the shooting phase if they target a unit within 6” of any Stealth Suit or Ghostkeel

4. Markerlights are now Assault 1 and can be fired in addition to other equipped weapons. You can reroll wound rolls of 1 when shooting at an enemy with 3 Markerlights, or all wound rolls if shooting an enemy with 5 Markerlights.

5. Saviour Protocols can be used on VEHICLES and Shield Drones have +1 when rolling to ignore mortal wounds when using Saviour Protocols on a VEHICLE or MONSTER.

6. Increase the Strength and AP of all weapons (melee and shooting) by 1 if you are within 8” of your target.

Well it's probably gonna be Lion

Behemoth is a well established word in english.

>3.
this is bait

How hard is it for an adult to color within the lines?

No reason someone who's watched a few whtv painting videos, and has the patience, can't paint their 1st army to a decent standard.

Perturabo as Daemon Primarch of Nurgle