Who exactly does this aesthetic appeal to...

Who exactly does this aesthetic appeal to? When the Witcher came out I was absolutely blown away by the look of the game despite it basically copying and pasting real fashion and armor. Why do people insist on this look?

People who need things to look "epic"

people have different tastes

Warcraft has always had a comic thing going for it.

>Why do people insist on this look?

Even WoWfags understand it looks like garbage. Sunk-cost fallacy keeps some of them from admitting it though.

Warcraft has always had bizarre proportions and scale, from its earliest iterations. Defining features were exaggerated so that you could identify them in hectic RTS combat, this includes weapons. The Burning Legion (the green demons) run on Fel magic which is why there's green fire, this is what it looks like when they invade a world. Illidan (the big winged horn man) is a central NPC in the current expansion, and so he is put centre stage, and his defining features are exaggerated. He has horns, wings, glowing runic tattoos and the Glaives of Azzinoth.

Some people like their over-the-top fantasy to look over-the-top and fantastical. Shocking I know, OP, how dare they have different tastes in settings and aesthetics.

You were blown away by a boring aesthetic?

user come on, didn't you see how many straps were on Geralt?

I'm glad you were able to get the point, good job user!

Because the Witcher was a rarity and this isn't?
If there were a hundred Witcher aesthetic copycats then Mr.Burning man here would be a breath of fresh air too.

It appeals to me. I like exaggerated fantastical aesthetics.

Why do you care anyway, you pompous cunt?

I do understand that people have different taste but i never met a person that actually "like" wow artstyle in comparison with other kind of fantasy aestetics. There are some here on Veeky Forums?

There's still plenty of good in Warcraft's aesthetic.

Warcraft has the graphic novel/dark comic book feel to it. The animated still frame movies they make are Fucking amazing. Blizzard really should consider putting more focus into those departments. Hell even their warcraft movie looked great, they really are talented at animation

Warcraft 3 looked great because it had actual art direction unlike pretty much any other strategy game out there. It was comic-book-esque, it was garish and looked stupid, but the units in game would stand out and read so nicely.

>muh realism

fuck off you boring cunt

>people are actually defending muh pauldrons and sjw cartoon characters
Jesus Veeky Forums is full of contrarians

I think it can be a good artstyle if well executed, and it has been well executed at various times.
>Warcraft
>SJW
Justify this.

How is warcraft sjw in any way?

>realistic aesthetic means the setting has to be realistic
lol look at this brainlet

Because sometimes swinging some impossible weapon in your impossible armor at an impossible foe is...get this...
Fun?
Why would you care if it looks silly?

>question mark
Back to tumblr you passive aggressive faggot

Punctuation is tumblr now[question mark]

Yeah it's pretty over done and over-the-top. Still, gotta hand it to them for sticking to an aesthetic choice since Tides of Darkness

It's not even realistic it's just not cartoonish and goofy

It's much easier and cheaper(both art- and processing power-wise) to go for a cartoonish look that still looks good(or at least good enough).

>sjw cartoon characters

Warcraft was best when it was more subdued.

>Chinese whore
Looks SJW to me

When there weren't enough pixels to make out the details of the comic art style?

Warcraft 1&2 aesthetic > WC3 and WoW aesthetic desu senpai.

I miss Arthas.

warcraft is laughably ridiculous. Remember when that panda slapped those dudes? That was awesome.

>tfw no thiccc cultist gf

>Being such an assblasted child over the tumblr-boogeyman you project that on to a question mark in a post about Vidya art direction
Go outside.

it appeals to me in hearthstone, since it is a card game. that's all tho.

>Warcraft has always had bizarre proportions and scale, from its earliest iterations.
>Warcraft begun with WC3

>fantastical
Shitty glowing tribal tattoos aren't fantastic.

>if it's less tacky than WoW it's realistic
Way to shoot yourself in the face.

>It's much easier and cheaper(both art- and processing power-wise) to go for a cartoonish look that still looks good
So why don't they?

that's not thicc you retard