EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL /edhg/

For Mother Russia! Edition

When Last We Left Our Heroes: RESOURCES

>Latest News:
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18749

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread Question
What's your favorite way to generate stupid amounts of tokens?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sigurda-enchatress-auratron/
youtube.com/watch?v=sdDitL4juaw
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-grave-feeling/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Any cloning spell (Rites of Replication etc.) + Reiterate/Djinn Illuminatus + obscene amounts of mana

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sigurda-enchatress-auratron/
I need help making this better. I'm not going to lie i just cruised EDHRec and pulled stuff that i thought was good, didn't cost an ass billion dollars or already owned. I can tell right now it is not really that playable but idk what else to do.

Stupid amounts of tokens, you say?

Shame Ghave cannot have impact tremors, but you could do the same with Marath.

Nylea, God of the Hunt
Privileged Position
Sage's Reverie
Sterling Grove
Krosan Verge

I normally hate making tokens but kindred charge has been amazing to me. Hasty tokens+sundial of the infinite is also nice.

Cathar's Crusade is always an amazing finisher for me, regardless of the type of deck I play it in. It's slow as fuck at 5 mana but it kills very quickly after it hits the board.

I may have overused it in my playgroup - now the moment i put it on the table everyone starts drawing like crazy trying to find removal.

I've never lived a full turn cycle after dropping Crusade.

Who would you choose to be a mono-blue Voltron Commander?

The blind seer. voltron up with the sword of X and Y cycle and use his ability to filter out blockers and removal.

>What's your favorite way to generate stupid amounts of tokens?
Assemble the legion + doubling season

Mistform Ultimus or Hakim Loreweaver are the only real answers.

SUN QUAN LORD OF WUUUU TAAAANG or anything with horsemanship

youtube.com/watch?v=sdDitL4juaw
TIGER STYLE

Hahahaha
HOUSEMANSHIP AINT NOTHING TO FUCK WITH

Mistform Ultimus
Higure, the Still Wind
Muzzio, Visionary Architect
Arcum Dagsson
Kefnet the Mindful

>Favorite way of generating stupid amounts of tokens?
Generating (multiple) token copies of any token Doubling enchantments.

I play Blind Seer voltron. Its pretty cool but the deck is very clearly a pet deck. Either way you can pull some stupid shit and holds up well in casual competitive metas.

>thread question
Angry Omnath and this bad boy or any and all land ramp spells.

>thread question

I prefer Boundless Realms, personally. Amulet of Vigor is a must though.

How does one break this? Whats the best deck that can run 98 permanents?

>How does one break this?
You cast it.

Ruric Thar
Primal Surge
Genesis Wave
97 other permanents

>friend tells me to play boundless realms
>tell him I dont play it because the risk of pulling out all my lands and running out of gas is too high in our meta
>later that night he plays omnath and boundless realms
>he gets 3 lands, makes 6 tokens and they get exiled before his turn is even over because his other land tutors took all his potential lands
>mfe he passed the turn to the guy who exiled all of his shit with 8 mana available

>Use to have plenty of casual 60 card decks for my weekly kitchen table group
>Get into modern and to a lesser extend standard over the past year and half, start devoting my magic money to tuning those decks for playing at the shop
>my kitchen table group finally starts playing commander earlier this year
>Cannibalize most of my casual decks for my EDH decks
>Pretty much don't have anymore "vintage" decks to play at kitchen table.
Dammit EDH, why did you do this to me? On the brightside the EDH decks I've built win a lot.
Thread Question- Meren +Avenger of Zendikar is my main way but I also get insane value with spider spawning if I can bring it back to my hand a few times before flashbacking it.

I'm in almost the opposite situation: I still have tons of casual 60-card decks, and that's my preferred format, but the only way anyone seems to play casual anymore is EDH.

I don't dislike EDH, but I'd like to still get some of that good old kitchen table too, y'know?

I wish I had people to play casual with, that didn't consider anything beyond starter decks and draft chaff french vanillas "tryhard competitive".

>all 60-card decks in tow are full-powered Legacy decks
>playgroup fears the full-powered EDH deck
>they demand I challenge with the Legacy deck(s) in a 2-Headed Dragon style EDH match
>we gain 9.9×10^google life
>get too tired to wait for opponents to deck themselves while we're safe with shuffle-graveyard-into-library effects
>opponents claim victory due to our boredom

Also this is why I seek the fully-built Powered Cube. Consequently it's also why I fear allowing anyone to ever play it since even a single flick of a card could cost me hundreds of dollars.

>Whats the best deck that can run 98 permanents?
This is an easy question. Maelstrom Wanderer. Run it like a legacy-lite lands deck, run a two card creature wombo combo, then instantly win on t8.

As to your other question, I'd put it in Kruphix with labman. Generate a billion mana, deck yourself, slap labman out, win hilariously fast.

Are auras or equipment better with Jenara?

Why not both? An enchantress package and an equip support package both fit and are in color.

Why not both? Double striking Jitte is amazing.

Auras are generally cheaper than equipment, but white has some sexy equipment synergy.

How do I BUG?

I can build mono U, mono B, and mono G just fine. I can even build all of the two colour pairs, but for the life of me I can't figure our how to build the tricolour without turning it into a convoluted mess.

Graveyard shit. Mill yourself, and either use your graveyard as a second hand or as a resource. Pretty much, build GB with access to U's self-mill, counterspells, draw, etc.

Look at Tasigur.

There you go.

BIG MANA STEAL SHIT

This is exactly my problem. Those are three completely different decks: tasigur is a combo reanimator with exile themes, graveyard self-mill is more mimeoplasm than tasigur, and both of them are completely incompatible with massive fucking mana ramp.

Let's narrow things down a bit. I have every single fucking reanimation spell you could want. Literally all of them. I really want to run Consuming Aboration and Lord of Extinction together because I have fancy versions of both of them, and I have a foil Mimeoplasm just sitting in my binder so that might be a good way to go.

I also have a giant boner for milling other people out, though I recognize it's impractical, and I ran Meren for like 2 years. I also ran kruphix and was tinkering around with Nature's Will/Static Orb stax locks, but I'm just a little overwhelmed with all the options.

Mimeoplasm Reanimator it is. Have fun.

Mimeoplasm makes all three of those decks the same thing. Mill everyone, reanimator combos, steal shit.

FUCK YA. Thanks anons, I was overthinking it way too much. Time to build super grindy mimeoplasm reanimator. A dash of counterspells, a dollup of discard, and a fuckload of fatties.

Anything unusual I should include? I plan on running Fraying Sanity to tremendous effect.

I dunno if any of these qualify as unusual, but I think they're worth note all the same:

Geth, Lord of the Vault
Havengul Lich
Mindleech Mass

>Mindleech Mass
user, you do realize that was my secret tech I posted here a long time ago? I ran it in Lazav with kicked rite of replication/dimir doppleganger for hilarious results.

You're a cool guy, I'd play commander with you any time. Have this watercolour Newzilek.

>I ran it in Lazav with kicked rite of replication/dimir doppleganger for hilarious results.
That sounds lovely.

This is me, except I'm a bit more bitter towards commander.
Ah well, at least it's something.

If you're really lucky, you can strionic the trigger and cast two cards from someone's hand.

That Lazav deck was fantastic, I'd just wheel people a million times. I tried turning it into Zur so I could Notion Thief/whatever that new cat is, and lock people out after a wheel, but it never really worked out.

Lotleth Troll
>to dump fatties and swing at people
Tainted Aether
>fuck over people who go wide
Overburden
>fuck over people who go wide
Lethal Vapors
>you can give things indestructible/regeneration
Arcane Laboratory
>you can play one big guy at a time; fuck over storm and spellslinger
Energy Flux
>since we haven't fucked over artifags yet

I like the cut of your jib user. Great taste.

I plan on using Null Broach and a couple of wheels to dump my hand. Maybe Mimeoplasm Control will be the way to go; I probably don't even need any reanimator outside of Mimeoplasm.

Who's a better U/W Control commander.

Taigam, Ojutai Master or Dragonlord Ojutai?

and yes I know Grand Arbiter is better but he draw's too much hate.

Taigam if you want to win by attrition or a spell combo. Ojutai if you want to win by combat damage.

Both nigga, sigaurdas aid gives both flash for a reason.

Ojutai if you want to play aggro, taigam if you want to jerk of- play control

How many sac outlets should I be running in a Teneb Abzan deck? Is it better to run simple things like Spawning pit, or just go with Viscera Seer and Phyrexian Altar.

Additionally, since I'm new to Abzan, for those of your experience playing reanimator decks, is it worth cutting access to Land Tax to run Hermit druid instead in a value focused deck, or is Hermit Druid more for combo?

Anyone have the Ulamog in that style, or any of the other titans for that matter?

Here you go

Eventually, instead of reposting what I find, I'll start making deep dream edits, myself. Maybe.

Also, have a platinum angel

With Rhys. I still haven't bought a Doubling Season and I probably never will.

I took it out of my Rhys deck because it doesn't make it to my next turn.

I know the feeling. I generally have a problem of not having enough finishers in my decks, because I rarely put anything over 4 CMC in any of them any more in my first build, due to how quickly any remotely threatening card gets removed.

Thanks m'dude

Here again.
I'm 25 over the 100 card deck limit, first time building tri-color. Anything you think can be safely cut? Woodland cemetery is the only card not pictured

Put it into a deckbuilder site. I can't even see all the names, let alone remember what they all do

Oh you mean tappedout? Yeah give me a minute I have to port it over and that's gonna take a minute.

Blazing Archon is nice, but there are better reanimation targets
How do you plan on getting Debtor's Knell on the board safely, and preserving it for a full turn cycle?
Gary gets progressively worse and worse the more colors you're running

Academy Rector ideally, and yeah Gary was probably a bit optimistic.
As for Archon, you're probably right.

Rector cheating it out could be nice, but it's still likely only to revive one thing at most. Why Bloodghast? You don't have many things that can take advantage of it. Also, why no Victimize? Collective Brutality doesn't seem like it'll do much for you, in this format, either.

Idea behind Bloodghast is it's an easy pitch to Survival of the fittest, victimize is a good one, and brutality provides a way to duress wrath's out, while pitching fatties for reanimation.

Fair enough on Brutality, but you have plenty of things to discard to Survival, and not enough sac outlets to justify Bloodghast.
Serra Ascendant is a nice beater, but doesn't really directly contribute to the rest of the deck's focus.
Ramunap Excavator is nice, and can do some fun shenanigans with Ghost Quarter, but you're not running enough lands that sac themselves to justify it, same with Splendid Reclamation.

Yeah the more I think about it, Bloodghast is meant for Gravepact decks, and Serra ascendant was more an include due to some iconic openings. As for Ramunap and Splendid rec, I run the abzan cyclers as well as an armageddon.

Still not enough to justify 2 slots dedicated to bringing back lands.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-grave-feeling/ Decklist here already a little slimmer due to your guys suggestions.

It's probably not as good as I'm rating it, but I think it's a package I'd like to include. I haven't ever played an EDH deck with access to green before, so I'm unused to having so much manipulation over my lands. Am I running too many non basics to justify land tax? I feel like I should cut back on the etb taps and shoot for basics since I'll have access to so much fixing anyways.

Remove:
>Dark Ritual
>Mortify
>Putrefy
>Beseech the Queen
>Oversold Cemetery
>Land Tax (you only have 9 basics)
>Fiend Hunter
>Deathrite Shaman
>Containment Priest
>Brutalizer Exarch
>Ashen Rider
>Splendid Reclamation
>Life from the Loam
>Pernicious Deed
>Viscera Seer
>Weathered Wayfarer
>Corpse Dance
>Reclamation Sage

That'll get you down to 100

Remove:

>Weathered Wayfarer
You're in green. You have better ramp options.

>Burgeoning
Not a good card unless abusing land ETB's. Late game it's a dead drop.

>Armageddon
MLD is only good if it's going to win you the game. Otherwise it's just annoying.

>Dark Ritual
Dead draw late game. Not impacting enough.

>Debtors' Knell
Costs too much and not impacting enough.

>Edge of Autumn
Really terrible ramp card.

>Life from the Loam
I dont see a land subtheme so this is kinda pointless other than the dredge mechanic which is meh.

>Splendid Reclamation
See above.

I want to. Meta with my group is creature heavy. How much will everyone hate me?

D: im gonna double that, i tried to play Taigam with White token generation from spells like Rites of Replication and all the white soldier Sorceries. But it usually falls flat with taigam. He's better doing the non exile/shuffle extra turns with whatever traditional UW wincons you want.

Crusade needs to be dropped the same turn you can actually get value out of it, when you've got 10+ mana and some token generation. Dropping it on turn 5 is asking to get your ass handed to you.

I'll break these down 1 by 1 so maybe you can hit me with a little more than simply cut or don't.
>Dark Ritual
I can understand that's it's more compulsion to toss that in any B deck than anything else, consider it gone.
>Mortify/Putrefy
I do feel like I'm running perhaps a little too much spell based removal, when I should be aiming for creature based tool boxing. I'm about 90% with you on this.
>Beseech
I'm running too many tutors/pseudo tutors as is to run one so low value, gone
>Oversold
Are there not situations where this would be good, or is it simply too counterintuitive to what we're going for.
>Land Tax
I'm feel honestly like I'm running too many non-basics, should I simply cut some of the tap etb non basics for more basics?
>Fiend hunter
I'll give you that, it was cheeky and a creature based exiler.
>Deathrite
I'm really attached to this
>Containment
I agree it has too much chance to fuck me over.
>Brutalizer
I'm a little attached to this as a pet card, but I can probably see it being cut.
>Ashen
Loops brutally with any reanimation, are you sure it should go?
>Splendid Rec/Life from the Loam
Are the fetches/cyclers not reason enough to run this?
>Pernicious Deed
Probably falls into the too much removal category, I'm also about 90% with you on this, I really went for it because I already had a copy.
>Viscera Seer
This one confuses me, it helps sculpt, is a low drop, pods into more useful stuff, and beats out exile based removal which my meta is filled to the brim with.
>Weathered
Same as pernicious, I quite liked it, and I already had a copy, but yes it should probably go.
>Corpse dance
Doesn't this just let me abuse the fuck out of ETBs?
>Rec Sage
100% keeping this if I'm cutting removal options.

I've addressed most of these in the other post, but for the ones I didn't.
>Burgeoning
If I did run this, would karoos make more sense?
>Armageddon
MLD is here only to close out games, I would never play it unless I'm securing a win.
cont-

>Debtor's knell
This is a total pet card, I really should cut it, is there anything you can nod towards that looks like a good Academy rector hit instead?
>Edge of Autumn
I standby this with the Lands cycling package.

Oversold puts creatures back in hand. You want them in grave to revive. The one time cheap return-creature-from-grave-to-hand effects are useful in reanimator decks is to respond to grave exile effects, which Oversold can't do.
Land Tax is unnecessary in this deck. You're running Green; you don't need to rely on White for your ramp anymore.
Ashen is nice, but you have better reanimation targets.
The fetches/cyclers aren't reason enough to run Splendid Rec/LftL/Edge of Autumn, mainly because you'll rarely have more than 3 lands in grave at a time, if any.
The problem with Corpse Dance is the lack of choice. It's the thing I'd say is closest to keep-worthy on this list.

Should I maybe dump burgeoning/land tax and go with hermit druid instead then? Land tax is there mostly because I already own one, while I was really hedging on Lifeloam because of it's dredge. Yeah you're right about oversold, I'll stick it in Gonti instead.

The dredge on Life from the Loam is underwhelming in a 100 card format, without a Dredge-enabling combo.
Hermit Druid would be much better, and could justify taking out some of the other basic land support to free up wiggle room for pet cards.
Also, why no Dread Return?

Dread I felt was poor because most of the creatures I would be running would be so high value that I wouldn't want to be flashing back that spell basically ever.
I think Hermit druid is the way to go. Any lands you think I should drop?

Nothing really beats the satisfaction of resolving a Storm Herd, though you do need to be careful. I've managed to lose because someone played a Massacre Wurm the next turn.

Welcome to the Sultai Brood my friend. Come learn how to take pleasure in mind bending wins against your friends

The Sultai have powerful allies that make wins easy on most tables. It would be unbefitting of such a powerful color wedge otherwise. Let me start by calling about my favorite commander and queen. Sidisi

Sidisi the strongest and most popular commander we have at our disposal. Cards like Golgari Grave Troll, Life From the Loam, Hermet Druid, Phenax, and Sidisi herself will fill your graveyard and set you up for fantastic victories. Cards like Oversold Cemetery, Reanimation Spells, and Sheoldred set you up for long time value. Cards like Labrotory Maniac, Living Death, Hermit Druid, and Regrowth set you up for powerful wins. Beware though novice cards like Grafdiggers Cage, Bojuka Bog, and other graveyard hate can take you out of the game quickly

I would also recommend trying an ally from a far away land Vorosh, the Hunter. Vorosh is a powerful leader that can enable fun less competitive wins with counters and perhaps some infect. Abusing Vorosh’s abilities to pump himself while making more counters is a powerful Simic strategy, but adding black gives you access to sinful cards like Pyresis, Vampiric Tutor, Damnation, and Skittles the Blight Dragon. Slip a infected Vorosh through a Rogue’s Passage and watch your opponents tremble in fear.

Enjoy the spoils of victory my friend. Your brood earned it.

>Nothing really beats the satisfaction of resolving a Storm Herd
Kicked Rite of Replication on Grave Titan
Kicked Rite of Replication on Sun Titan
Kicked Rite of Replication on Angry Omnath
Kicked Rite of Replication on Doubling Season/Parallel Lives/etc. with Opalescence in play
Kicked Rite of Replication on Consuming Aberration
Rite of Replication is my favorite card.

>What's your favorite way to generate stupid amounts of tokens?
Same way I like to do everything and anything in MTG
Cephlid Breakfast.

Cephalid Breakfast? I've heard the term before. What's it refer to?

Cataclysm with a Teferi's Protection in hand

Google it.

Before I forget, sincere thanks for the help. I'm popping my green cherry with this deck, and it was nice to have some outside eyes with experience.

It's a combo that can go off turn 1 on a god draw.
It uses Cephlid illusionist and Nomads En-kor (or other En-kor/Shuko) to dump your library into your graveyard. At that point you have access to every "When this card is in your graveyard" effect in your entire library at the same time. Or Grave Returns a Labratory Maniac and Gitaxian probe for an auto-win.
you can also use cephlid breakfast to infinite combo with grave returns/reveillark//Something that infinite sac/Body double and something you want to sac/enter play infinite times to do infinite tokens, or damage, or whatever.

Cephalid Illusionist + en-Kor effects to mill yourself out instantly? Neat.

I want to make a fun multiplayer commander deck using a cute girl as my commander, who should I go?

wort or mizzix

Jori En, definitely

Best tech to shit on this guy?

I run Linvala keeper of silece but was wondering if there was something in grixis colors

Hahahahahaha How the fuck is Rakdos real HAhahaha Nigga just remove the creature Nigga hahaha like keep him off the field Nigga haha