Giant Hornets invade your setting, and you can't just wish them away with magic/tech. What happens?

Other urls found in this thread:

liveleak.com/view?i=0ad_1394353965
youtube.com/watch?v=afSOka8UUPY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I for one welcome our new Hornet overlords.

Surrender to our spider overladies, and pray that they are merciful rulers.

liveleak.com/view?i=0ad_1394353965

Would they be able to drive the hornet invaders away? And if the answer is yes, at what price?

You made this same thread last night

>Best case scenario
They drive the hornet invaders away, build their webs over our cities and mostly leave us alone while we leave them alone.

>Worst case scenario
The hornets win

>Time to die scenario
The spiders win and they aren't friendly

A paradox happens, as it is no longer my setting then, but someone else's. As such, My setting is recreated without an invasion of giant hornets until they invade, thus a cycle is constantly created.
Or, more realistically, I don't have a setting because I don't play and I just browse Veeky Forums.

I magic/tech them into being cute waspgirls and allow them to lay their eggs in me

I wasn't lurking in here last night. I guess we had the same idea?

There've been A LOT of threads about giant insects lately. I don't even really mind them, nor do I mind that inferior threads had to die for these.

>Asian giant hornet
Considering how fucked up they are, I expected her to be a lot more angry. The kind of seething rage that begins at birth and only ends with death.

And if insectiods can become ghousts it won't even end at death.

That might be less of a smile and more of an rictus grin caused by facial exoskeleton.

>about giant insects

I was actually thinking of regular swarms of good old japanese giant hornets, not actual giant insects. They are big enough as they are, no need to make these things bigger.

They drown because there's a hurricane in Seattle and this is Shadowrun.

>I was actually thinking of regular swarms of good old japanese giant hornets, not actual giant insects.
I'm not sure whether that's better or worse.

We kill them with magic. Duh.

Yes. Do that. Throw us everything you have. The best, most powerful spell, enchantment or curse you have. Thousands tried that before you, and thousands will try after you.

You cannot sting me, I am already dead.

When you say "giant", do you mean IRL or fantasy giant?

youtube.com/watch?v=afSOka8UUPY

The species is called japanese giant hornet. Regular size, just like real life.

Our kind was here before your species even started to walk on two legs, we were here back when the lizard still ruled the Earth, and we will be here long before your last works crumble into nothing. We are the harbringers of ruin, envoys of pain. By our stings, nations fall, by our buzz, whole species drown into oblivion.

>Giant angry insects driven by a hivemind
Nice. Though I mean an actual hivemind, not some "queen" that mindcontrols all of them but more something like a species that doesn't even understand the concept of "self" or their individual deaths. This would make them a fearsome enemy on two accounts: first of all, because they don't understand the concept of their individual deaths they'd be utterly fearless and keep on attacking. Second of all, they don't understand the concept of individual deaths for their opponents either. To them, a war is by definition total: one side survives, the other is totally crushed.

Most likely they’re done in by cold weather. Boring answer, I know, but it’d result in this weird scenario where you huddle indoors in winter, because it’s cold, and in summer, because Death Wasps.

This realm will serve as a fine home to bring our young into being. The planes and jungles will be scoured, the seas will be drained, mountains will be hollowed up to make room for our brood. This rock will become another nest, and we will thrive again, like we did in the past, like we've always done, and as it was, so shall it be forever.

You won't outsmart us like that, human.

We wish them away with psionics.

>Star Wars game I run
They get slaughtered

>13th Age campaign I'm in
>literally playing a magic-powered robot that gives no shits for poison
They get slaughtered. But it takes a couple of hundred years for him to kill them all.

We adapt.
We overcome.

Noice

Wish them away with swords. Duh.

God damn weeaboo fighting magic at it again.

>Shadowrun

That setting is already invaded by giant insects though.

They suffocate from lack of oxygen and collapse under their own weight and we start making shit out of their chitinous bodies, stingers, and venom. It's the exact same thing that will happen in every other "giant X invaded setting" thread that's been posted for that last day. Now stop making these threads you fucking mongoloid.

>I for one welcome our new _____ overlords.

OMG LOL ur funny user

EDF
EDF
EDF

We conjure a shitload of Raid from the aether.

If not cold, then fire, specifically smoke. Your puny hexapod lungs can't handle it.

BUT THERE WAS SAFE HAVEN NO LONGER, FOR THE HIVE HAD BECOME THE SKY AND THE SKY DID CRASH UPON THE EARTH.

We contact the Thriae to defeat them with hot lesbian orgies.

We already genetically engineered giant hornets with magic, but they turned on us, so we genetically engineered bigger hornets with magic to fight them, but then they genetically engineered even bigger hornets with magic to fight our hornets, but as this was happening both our hornets turned on us and each other yet again, genetically engineering their own even yet bigger hornets with magic to fight everyone, but those hornets broke free from even their control, ad infinitum. The conflict has been bloody and chaotic, and the definition of what constitutes a hornet has been rewritten many times. Nobody thinks anybody will ever see the end of it. By the way, we're also hornets.

I agree with this 100%

Swarm them with thousands of nanomorphs.

Why is this even an issue?

FUCK THEY’VE INVENTED TINY SCARVES THE HORNETS HAVE ACQUIRED KNITTING TECHNOLOGY ABANDON ALL HOPE