Have you ever simply made a PC that was more or less a complete expy of some already established character?

Have you ever simply made a PC that was more or less a complete expy of some already established character?
Have you ever wanted to make a PC in this way?

I had an admittedly odd idea to make a chaotic evil wizard/sorcerer with an obsession for ancient history and relics, the Leadership feat, a half-man-half-other cohort, the ability to summon gods and devils to do his bidding. You know, like pic related.

I played Vin Diesel once.
It was fun.

I'm curious how you play Vin Diesel without
>A setting with cars in it
>A player environment where players can hear voice

I want to play your game with a warforged

I played a 2 year long campaign as Solaire of Astora. Name and all.
It took a year for someone to figure it out.

Tell me you played Vin Diesel playing D&D?

No. I had a player that did though, completely on accident.

It was a superhero game. He made a character with the exact powers and background of Plastic Man, down to being an ex-con from Chicago. To this day I'm not sure how he managed it without knowing about the character.

As a GM, constantly.

Was in a short game of d&d3.5 a while back where I basically just played Yuuki Yuuna. The game ended before the GM could ruin Christmas unlike Takahiro

Where's this image from?

Mazinkaiser

My monk is pretty much Goku

I don't remember doing it myself. I'm pretty sure I've only ever played the actual character in a game for that property or played an original character. I'd play the hell out of a Count of Monte Cristo clone, though.

I've played with people who've played other characters before.

The most recent that I remember was someone playing The Doctor in a Marvel game. To be clear, he used Marvel Heroic rules properly and was playing a "supers" character with appropriately themed powers. He was playing "his" Doctor too, not one from existing media and made little or no references to the Doctor's canon, other than throwaway jokes. It was mildly annoying, made worse by the fact that I've only seen enough episodes of Dr. Who to count on one hand (though I've been surrounded by Whovians, so I know enough). From other games, I know he was normally a great player, but very annoying as The Doctor.

The first instance I remember was someone who lifted the male lead from an Australian comic book (Platinum Grit) almost wholesale. Apparently, the GM knew about it and created a character who filled roughly the same dynamic for the female lead. This went on for years with everyone none the wiser as this was back when scanners were a thing Kinkos and universities had, not homes. Eventually, I was shown or stumbled across a cover for the comic and went, "This looks like [characters]!" - quite innocently. Apparently, they decided the jig was up and let me in on it. Then the Aussie sent me physical copies of the comic, which I enjoyed, but was disappointed to discover that all the things I enjoyed about the character were copy-pasted, rather than grown organically. Including subplots/scenes, iirc. I was honestly let down by it. The GM ended up meeting him IRL and having to pull a knife on him, so maybe he was just kind of pathetic all around.

I played batman once, medieval batman. Shit was tight.
The GM killed my parents one by one

Lawful Neutral Cleric that was more evil than the baddies from the evil island that the DM trapped us on. DM ended the campaign because he couldn't tolerate me slaughtering the evil natives with no mercy.

What did he expect you to do? Make peace with heathens and savages?

He actually asked me to reeducated them. I told him that I am here to cleanse, not reeducated because reeducation takes longer and that these people are beyond salvation.

I'm sorry

My GM inadvertently turned my monk into Stronger by bounding him to a cursed suit of armor that infused his attacks with electricity.
I fully embraced it.

I regret nothing

I regularly play characters that are just some other character with the name swapped around and some things jumbled.

I always get away with it.

Sometimes I literally just rejigger the letters in the name. I'm talking some "alucard" level dumb bullshit here.

>holier than thou clergyman
>doesn't drink
>no drugs
>no sexual activity of any sort
>no gambling
>NO FUN
>response to hot ladies is maximized inquisition

Man that would actually be pretty fun, but would also be THAT GUY on so many tables I've been on.

Yes
Bonus points for basing the character off Lord Havok who is himself an expy of Doctor Doom