What is the worse fantasy species and why is it Centaurs? second only to Elves ofcourse

What is the worse fantasy species and why is it Centaurs? second only to Elves ofcourse

Halflings,gnomes tieflings and elves are all far worse than centaurs

Gnomes, they have no reason to exist as a mortal race when halflings are already a thing

But yeah, centaurs are pretty shit too

Fuck you Gnome haters

Tieflings are okay. They're edgy but they at least fill an interesting niche. Midgets and wacky midgets are pure cancer, though

Anything Beast Man.

Draw a man. Give him animal heads. NEW RACE!! Except not. It's all the more obvious when Veeky Forums makes a chart of different races, starts out with unique staples and then, when they run out of ideas, they bloat that shit with beast-heads until 4/5's of the chart becomes animal heads and stereotypes stuck on human bodies. And their traits get fucking redundant.

It's the epitome of lazy.

Dragonborn

Halflings, Gnomes, and Dwarves should just be all compiled into one race with many subraces. Fey Gnomes, Crafter Gnomes, House Gnomes, Deep Gnomes.

They're bad because I don't know what to do with them. They don't belong in dungeons, more suited to plains, but plains are fucking boring.

I didnt expect to be ok with this but that actually works. Depending on the setting though dwarves and gnones are the furthest appart but still mesh better than with any other fantasy species.

Or just remove the gnomes. Half-lings still fulfill the thief and rogue niche pretty handily, so it's not so bad for them. Gnomes, on the other hand, are a meme.

Gnomes always seemed like tiny shitposters to me that work well as background characters but are difficult to fill a viable role as part of the group.

Would a centaur make a good mount/companion?

Halflings are just Gnomes for pedos. Gnomes are sexy shortstacks.

>tfw no Shetland waifu

Where do you draw the line between a lazy beast man race and a proper race tho?

For example, are kenkus ok in your book?

Gross. CIDF pls leave

'Fantasy species' is a pretty broad brush to paint with. I think the easy winner is that one species/race created by furries solely to participate in every weird fetish.

I don’t know if this is great to have someone strong enough to carry all your stuff and can hold a conversation or feel guilty because she’s carrying all the heavy stuff

You'll have to be more specific, user. They've made quite a few. Do you mean sergals? Because they're sort of neat, or at least salvageable.

The former. We all appreciate the 7' tall fucker who slings the GPMG like a rifle.

How about Warhammer beastmen, that are all just murder-rapist monsters? The only other beast-creatures in the setting are Skaven, which are pretty cool despite just being man-sized rats

There's some general rules I have to identify them.

>Are the animals they're based on have a more unique and alien physiology?
>Could you imagine their animal form being fur-less, and having a disturbing human face instead of their usual animal face? Does it still look cool?
>Does it look the same as any other bara, muscle-man beast man, and the only difference is the dumbass animal head?

Then it's a lazy beast-man.

I personally think those are just as lazy as yiffmonster beastmen, just for the opposite crowd.

Okay but what if they're literally just a furless human body with an animal head, Egyptian god style?

Beast men and Skaven, just like Tolkien's Elves and Dwarves get a free pass for being classics. It's arbitrary, but both races have grown way more than their physiology, and more of the politics and culture behind them that makes them unique. On that front, they're unique. Or at least they were on the Old World. I don't know about Sigmar.

Pfft, yeah, they are in Warcraft because Games Workshop proportions.
In actual folklore gnomes are scaled-down, drunk septuagenarians or weird fey children-adults, that may or may not have warts all over or giant noses or other weird shit.

>when halflings are already a thing
Gnomes came first, ya goober.

I'm much more concerned with the guy referring to beastmen as "bara" than anyone who would play them. Leave your memes and weeb phrases at the door when you come to the table, please.

Oh, ok then I guess Im clear

Centaurs should be awesome, because they have to live dramatically differently from humanoid species. They originally were a metaphor for the struggle between human and animal nature, and you can still run them that way. How do they integrate into diverse societies? What do they do to earn a living?

tl;dr: YOU'RE the worst fantasy species, user.

>Gnomes came first, ya goober.

Not really, not as a fantasy mortal race, alchemical gnomes are nothing like modern fantasy gnomes

A lot of the worse beast men (or women, as it might be) races are made as somebody's fetish. Or this strange thought that liking human boobs and human ass with a dog slapped on top makes you uniquel. And it's part of the problem with designing characters with your dick: Your dick isn't nearly as open-minded as you think it is, and will always fall back on the superior human form. Which is a shame, because not everything has to be a human.

I fucking hate Centaurs. I have always hated Centaurs. I distinctly remember being upset that there were Centaurs in the third Harry Potter book because of how I hated them. I will never be able to suspend my disbelief enough to accept spines that bend at ninety degrees. And since my exposure to Veeky Forums and /a/ I hate Centaurs even more because I see how you people use them as a vehicle for the bestiality fetishes you haven't yet come to terms with.

I distinctly will make the effort to keep the gnomes and remove halflings and dwarves, taking what is good about them, and making them gnomes.

I love the more mythological precedent gnomes have, spirits of the forest, house spirits, spirits that craft like cobblers or smiths, and their elemenal origins.

all the tolkein races are terrible.
differently proportioned humans are not interesting.
pic not related

That's pretty cool too.

Wait a minute, I've seen that Trakehner and human in a hentai. Can I get a source for that pic?

Centaurs in ancient greek myth are rad. One particularly famous centaur "Naxos"(?) slayed Hercules with a poisonous arrow before dying to Hercules hand.

I like my merfolk more fishy. More exotic and aesthetically pleasing imho

kender

>Centaurs should be awesome, because they have to live dramatically differently from humanoid species.

In theory, In practice have yet to see anyone play them as other than mongols or surly elves

>They originally were a metaphor for the struggle between human and animal nature, and you can still run them that way.

I agree with you there, the only way to make centaurs bearable is to stop treating them like a people and going for the full abomination angle

If you're saying the line is 'a tangible sentient being with definitive personhood' then gnomes still come first--L. Frank Baum has a few different takes that satisfy that across his writing.

It'd be neat if they were. Would help distinguish them from the other midgets

I don't mind Centaurs. I use them as town guard and occasionally if they take a like to a character, they'll turn up in force to bail out PCs.

Centaurs should be moved over to sci-fi settings. Pic related.

He probably means chakats. They are objectively even worse than kender.

I have no idea what OP's on about, there's nothing really wrong with centaurs.

Don't worry, user, you'll come to terms with your bestiality fetish sooner or later, and then you won't be so irrationally angered by centaurs.

>hurr everyone I disagree with is projecting

Speak for yourself you horse fucking sicko.

>They didn't grow up on Shining Force

Millenials really DO have good reason to be bitter. They didn't even get to know the glory of the days before the Great Fall.

Only reason I suspect you're projecting is that you're way too mad about this.

benis :---D

Shining Force was released in 1992, a time that's right in the middle of "Millennial Childhood" era.

I mean, most millennials haven't played it anyway, since it's a vastly overlooked series, but still. Someday I'll get around to playing it myself.

Yep. "Ozma of Oz" (1907) beat "The Hobbit" (1937) by a full thirty fucking years.

>Mae

Ah, Mae. The patricians' waifu.

Mae is bae.

"Liber de Nymphis, Sylvanis, Pygmaeis, Salamandris, et Gigantibus etc." (1566) was first known quasi modern description of a gnome and first document use of the word "Gnome" "Twice-told Tales" was the first indisputable metion of "modern" Gnomes in fantasy settings (1837).

>"Twice-told Tales" was the first indisputable metion of "modern" Gnomes in fantasy settings (1837).

Modern as in little alchemist weirdos? 'Cause that's what the other guy's on about.

The people who hate Gnomes only know WoW gnomes, which are pure shit. That said, however, Kender are by FAR the worst fantasy race. Kender Genocide should be a thing.

name some good gnomes then

I hate them because they tend to be second only to kender in lolrandomfag bait. They are "le wacky magic midget" in tons of sources, which may or may not be the fault of WoW but regardless the cancer has spread well beyond it.

The archetypal elf is Elrond, the archetypal dwarf is Gimli. The archetypal gnome?

TEEHEE
E
E
H
E
E

MACARONI
A
C
A
R
O
N
I

Name three Gnomes that were done well.

Imagine being a horny centaur; not only is your dick huge and just flopping around in plain view, you can’t jerk it off without someone doing it for you!

Gnomes from EQ1: "consequence of the evil robot apocalypse: the race"
Svirfneblin: "Living in the underdark is a bitch, and I hope the drow don't fucking exterminate us in the night: the race."

It is mostly WoW. Back in 2nd ed D&D, they were much more "feyesque" I guess is the best word to use.

Modern as in micro dwarves that while magical are less whimsical than there predecessor

why do you think they are rape monsters?

Halfings in general, but more specifically those shitty little fucking things from the Dragonlance series.

I like gnomes, but all the best gnomes are basically midget elves and are even called as such.
I mean, look at this fucker. He has the gnome hat and everything.

Fleshy weak and full of themselves.

I like gnomes and halflings as companion races to humans. The gnomes are the inventors, the halflings are the farmers and the humans are the colonists and explorers (and everything else).