Today I'm going to show you how to build a competitive Modern deck for only $288!

>Today I'm going to show you how to build a competitive Modern deck for only $288!
Is this a joke? As an outsider it really makes me question whether or not Magic players understand the value of money.

i dipped in modern for around 80 bucks with the titian pact t1-2 gimmick. i didnt do too bad, but i need to learn how to sideboard better and mulligans more. tis the curse of playing exclusively edh for so long, but deck tweaking is nice. also drege is a bitch.

it boils down to people wanting to play the deck that everyone else is playing. budget is usually playing red aggro/burn, but is looked down on by haters as "not playing REAL magic" and "being the stupid red player that only knows how to turn creatures right", as they cry into their +$500 deck. other who know how to play magic will like the cut of your jib, and will want to discuss tech with you whether you won or lost. depends on the tryhard level of the local meta.

That's not a very good joke.
A good joke is that you can make "competitive" Modern decks like UB Mill for twice that.

You know Naya burn's manabase is $300 alone, right? So even burn is expensive.

4 goblins is $50, and 4 lightning bolt is $12, 4 Path to Exile is $25. No, R/W is not budget, and only EDH players cry when they lose.

i mean mono red, but okay. 8whack is under 100 able and cheaper if you cut some stuff like goblin guide. you can make a budget deck, its just going to be harder than looking up cheapezwin.dec. expensive decks is the result of lazy players with more money than wits. brew up the next pro league deck, THEN those cards will go up.

LCGs are the future.

Isn't 8rack, the deck 8whack's name is parodying, not too expensive either?

Damn I spent 200$ on Magic Duels and virtual cards.
Stop taking my money MTG!

LCG model doesn't make sense to me. They basically kill the secondary market and inflated prices, which is great. But why do they not sell singles then, since cards al have set prices?

I'd much rather pay 10-20$ for some cards I need additional copies of than buying a more expensive product where I don't even want the cards there. It makes sense for MtG since their goal is to scam and sell packs but for LCGs it just looks shaddy and abusive too.

They really dont. They're only "argument" is that a fun hobby costs money but ignore the fact that most other hobbies with expensive equipment cost that much because the equipment actually costs that much to make. Also the fact that you can play kitchen table and have just as much fun. MTG players are worthless niggers, they should all be put in a gas chamber. I would happily pay 30 dollars to watch an MTG player injected with sarin gas into the neck.

That's not how much you need to pay in order to kill others.

>Why isn't everything free?!
Neck yourself.

The ease and convenience of a boardgame, but the fun and depth of a CCG/TCG. Everybody has the same available pool of cards available, making it fair and reasonable instead of ancient stock market gamble zone.

>Also the fact that you can play kitchen table and have just as much fun.
You can also have just as much playing Street Fighter on your couch with your friends as you can playing it at EVO against the best in the world, fuckwit. That doesn't mean those 2 things are the same or have the same appeal to the same people.

>he fell for the """""""""competitive""""""""" Magic meme

Hi, Martin. Why are you here, don't you have drugs prices to speculate on?

>I'd much rather pay 10-20$ for some cards I need additional copies of than buying a more expensive product where I don't even want the cards there. It makes sense for MtG since their goal is to scam and sell packs but for LCGs it just looks shaddy and abusive too
Of course it's a bit of an abuse, but i am partially ok with it. This way they can still make profit while making the products cheaper for noobs and tax the veterans .
It isn't ideal, but it is ok.

>He thinks goods and services should cost money? Must be a piece of shit!
>>>/russia/

There is a difference between just selling artificial scarcity products for prices that facilitate the company's services (like tourneys, designers' salaries etc.) and gouging the fuck out of your prices because you are a de-facto monopolist on the particular service you provide.

Eh, it's about the same as any hobby. Easily on the cheap end if you know exactly what you want out of it with that sort of deck guide.
If you want to really get into and throw a lot of energy into painting, model making, or RC planes you'll be spending a lot more than $300.

Part of the reason why I like RPGs so much is because they get a ludicrous amount of bang for their buck.

Hey, dipshit, use your brain from now on.
The only way for them to avoid "artificial scarcity" with these cards is to constantly reprint cards as soon as they become sought after in the secondary market. And if they did that they would be killing a huge source of income for the stores that sell their products, which would make them buy less of their products.
>but i want it for free!
is not a valid criticism of a product or the people who make it, you massive cunt.

Yes, but I don't need or want that pool of cards, I want to pay less and have a smaller pool of the cards I want to use instead.

He could just use proxies.

Look the same, feel the same, are made by the same process, and made to the same standards as actual MtG cards. In fact, the only thing the real ones can boast is an artificially inflated price tag.

>having to pay nearly $300 just so you can play the game with resources that will let you be somewhat effective

I don't have a problem with investing in a hobby but this is just ridiculous.

yeah its cheap because the main cards used, the deck can be anywhere from 30 to 800. it functions mostly the same, get them down to low to no hand and stop them from playing magic while killing them slowly.

You talking about MtG because it the fucking opposite. They tax the noobs and make product cheaper for vets.

Noobs have to buy zendikar fetches for like $120 when a vet bought them in cheap at like $12-$15

you don't absolutely need dual lands for two colors...

>not using flawless chinese fakes to save money
Lmao

>a competitive Modern deck for only $288!

It's just a budget shitbrew, it won't be any good user. Competitive decks are in $400+ territory.

Yea... But then it not a competitive deck.

>there are tryhards that play exclusively cEDH and no other format

I mean, I have a modern deck I run that gets wins, and it's 20 bucks. It's jank as fuck, but you can't beat that for price.

I run splinter tin, because fuck all of ya'll.

8forest belcher. Come at me bro