...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SOXgrid...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: →
>Cyborg-Machete_kills_again_with_C4.trid
>architecture.knwsft
>smooth_operating.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 114 (98% Positive)
* You have 1 new private topic, titled ''About those Commlinks..."
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Maxime_Enragé.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Explosives Edition
Where do you plant them, against whom do you use them and what type do you use?
Bonus question: Whats your plan B

Are you sure your GM isn't bullshitting you?
If he doesn't rulesbend the fuck out of it, use Stun or poison Gas.
Used by RAW this should knock the fucker out.

Grenades, Grenades, Grenades.
Need a door breach charge? Slap a grenade on it.
Need a Mine? Tripwire grenade,
Stunning a room full of guards? flash-bang.
Dealing with spirits and drones? HE Grenade.
Don't want to deal with salsa bullshit? Frag Grenade.

Chances are that he is a masked channler, at which point they are fucked.
Drive into him with a truck or create a truckload of background count with car bombing civilians.

Commlinks, Mags and cheap drones.

>Explosives Edition

I'm actually building a character with a side of Demolitions currently. I'm not sure how many dice are really needed to make sure it's worth it for Demolitions. Would 14-16 be good enough?

Alright, I want to play an egypt tradition summoner who follows Ra. What mentor spirit is appropriate? I know that Sun is obvious, but it's so fucking terrible in every aspect.

Not exactly easy for runners that are new to the shadows to get their hands on.
Not practical for infiltration missions. In addition, the second you set a grenade off, whatever facility you're attacking will be alerted you're there.

Flavor or mechanics, the choice is yours. Maybe talk to your GM about reskinning an existing mentor to fit your theme. The rules are just guidelines.

>Not exactly easy for runners that are new to the shadows to get their hands on.
You can literally start the game with them and if your entire team doesn't have a single decent (influence 3+) fence as connections it's kinda their own fault.

>Not practical for infiltration missions. In addition, the second you set a grenade off, whatever facility you're attacking will be alerted you're there.
Please enlighten me about what sort of explosive device is more silent, more compact or easier to smuggle with you.

Hello, my name is Wagie Wageslave. I was just fired my from job as a food packaging plant manager in Seattle. I've worked there for 20 years, and I don't know anything else. My wife left me, my dog died, my house was repossessed, my daughter married a troll, my cat ate my fish, and choked to death on it. I'm living out of a coffin hotel.
I don't really know anything about the shadows, or have any illicit connections - but I am pretty good with people, and visit a firing range regularly for recreation.

How do I get into these "shadows" they talk about on the trids? Do I just search "Shadiest bar in my area"?

Well, depends on your metatype.

The Sons of Sauron, Ancients and Humanis are allways looking to recruit.

Visit your local homeless shelter and tell them what you can and that you want to help.
They should be able to point you in the right directions.

Sounds like you should just join a gang and try to work your way up.

'sup SRG?
I'd like to pick your brains on something. I'm looking for real world examples of trials of pain in shamanistic traditions/rites of adulthood/etc. This is purely for fluff because I don't like how the rules mechanics work for initiation rites. I'm playing an Adept who is a self-initiating Wolf shapeshifter. His first initiation was a vision quest to meet his Wolf mentor spirit; it involved being stuffed inside a hollow log and starving until he reached the neccissary altered state of conciousness. His second initiation was ritual scarification to produce a tribal style wolf image over his entire chest. (How do you ritually scarify a shapeshifter? I'm not sure, but he figured it out... through trial and error) As you can tell, pain is his path to his personal truth. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is about a south american tribe whose trial to adulthood involves wearing woven mittens that are holding a bunch of angry bullet ants in place inside. You have to endure being bitten by them for a certain amount of time. Six times. Before you are considered an adult.
Not really a possibility given that our campaign is taking place in 207* Indianapolis, IN. Also not really in the flavor of the character. But it's the sort of thing I'm looking for : something creative, painful, and based in the real world.

You folks have any examples or ideas?
I have no idea where to start to try and google-fu something like this.

I'd like to do something more imaginative than self-immolation.

To answer the OP question : My personal fav explosive devices are HE and Frag grenades. Use them whenever I can get away with it.
Also, when in doubt : C-4. Breeching charges, improvised grenades, booby traps, and a load of fun at children's parties.

Sun, Phoenix, Eagle.
Or talk to your GM and come up with something for Falcon or Hawk.
Bull would also be appropriate for Ra though I don't know about your character.

You might consider your character following one of the dieties created by Ra. Or one that would have been considered an aspect of Ra. Or one that created Ra (depending on whos version of the mythos you read) There are a few of those and wikipedia is as good a place as any to start looking into them.

Hi Teej
I'm gonna repost this from the old thread because I need more ideas and I figure more will read it like this

Our current mission goal is to take out some mage dude.
What we know from legwork and almost dying fighting him once:
Human, frail, Magic is 8, likes to have spirits around and potentially posess him if necessary.
We can't poison him (wanted to spike his drink, no dice) - don't know if he'd just had found out or if he's immune.
He has a load of soak. I shot at him naked in his bed using gel rounds (we didn't know he was THAT dangerous, then, and wanted him alive for questioning) and reached like 15 or 16 which didn't bother him in the slightest.
Our team consists of: A shapeshifting bird mystic adept who can summon spirits but seems otherwise useless in combat from what I've seen and a mystical adept drakeling or whatever, I saw him spit fire and he has adept powers, Pistol Adept (me)
I wish I'd brought my rigger and could run him over for 50P, but alas we need ideas on how to take this guy out now with what we have - but I don't really have any.

Pretty sure. He's never made things easy but he's never broken any rules either.
I don't think poison or stun gas are gonna work for the reasons I've mentioned (poison because he seems to have something in effect to deal with poison and his stun soak is enough to not really care about 15S (I'm going to use APDS next time and just kill him, his Body is lower than his Willpower for sure and the penetration won't hurt either)

I'd do the truck thing if I had my rigger for this run and just ram him for 70P and move on with my life, but as it stands that's not an option as none of us can control a vehicle well enough to get a hit on him in the short timeframes he tends to be out in the open at a speed high enough to kill him

Then go with the background thing, should at least weaken him enough but talk about it with your GM if he even uses Background count. Carbombing and killing random people should easily push it up to -6 within a 3-10 Minutes.

And then there is of course magic, let a spirit deal with another (possible) spirit.

>but talk about it with your GM if he even uses Background count.
He doesn't because it would render our characters inoperable.
Adepts (ie. all of us) cannot activate background powers with any background count of 1 or higher.

wat ?
Do you guys all have rating 1 powers ?
DMaybe you should risk a peek at the rules.

Thing is you boot yourself with magic to use normal gear. That Whatever it is seems to soley count on it. Which means that in the end you guys still have the upper hand.
Also move into a slaughter house and get comfy with a background count of violance and despair.

There is nothing RAW that would mabe you able to withstand exposure from Neurostun for more than a few seconds.
There is also no real immunity from synthetic poison.

Thats why i am asking because barring a few spells and some ware that give you Bonus dice or using the appropriate antitoxin, you can do nothing.
If he is in some enclosed space, just throw in 2 nades and have him die from Chunky salsa.

Before any smartass Comes up with chemical seal: Yes that would obviously work and also would be so fucking obvious that the asker would have mentioned it so its safe to assume he doesn't have it.

I haven't seen the other players' character sheets but my powers are Improved Pistols, whatever the reflexes boost thing is at 3, adrenaline boost, agi boost and str boost at 1 each because that's enough to get +2 or +3 easily
He can still resist the damage, Neuro-Stun is 15S which is about as much as I dealt him shooting him with gel rounds. I'm assuming there's fuckery involved with bound spirits keeping up spells for the guy that help him with this, and the aforementioned possession
There's no chemical seal, it's just a (aside from the strong full mage thing) normal kid wearing a heavy coat for armor, at worst.

There are nanobots that stay on stand by to realease a antidote if they get into contact with the toxin, maybe he can afford getting injected every few weeks.
Maybe he is a Anthrodrone with organic skin.
Or a Human drone. with STIRRUP or something and the GM rules that Stun damage doesn't affact the rigger.

>He can still resist the damage, Neuro-Stun is 15S which is about as much as I dealt him shooting him with gel rounds.

Yeah but neuro-stun bypasses armour.

The shapeshifter mystical adept assensed him and found the Magic 8 attribute, I think it's safe to assume he's not a drone.

The 15S I shot him with was without armor. We snuck into his room and I shot at him from about 3 meters away, the only armor he had was a blanket.

Make a dirty package of multiple grenades and bring it somehow close to him.
4 HE grenades close to each other should kill anything that isn't a dragon, 8 kill even dragons.

Go get yourself an Ingram Mach 100 with the 60 round magazine (Arsenal page 25). Mod it with a sling, a smartgun system, a foregrip, a personalized grip, a folding stock, and a gas vent 3 system. You'll have 10 points of recoil compensation. Load it up with stick and shock rounds. Let loose on full auto, twice a pass, narrow bursts. You'll do 17 stun plus net hits vs 1/2 impact armor.

Or, catch him in a bunch of barrier foam chem grenades. (WAR page 163)

Find somebody who's got the Astral Hazing negative metagenetic quality to get near him for your ambush.

Flashbangs and Flashpaks. Thermal smoke, and make sure your side has a tactical net, ultrasound and t-ray vision enhancements.

Short answer: unbridled Violence.
Most likely you wont be able to finish the job quietly, so go mowhawk, fill hte pain train to the brimm and have an escapeplan ready.

He Needs to resist those 15S every fucking round he is within the gas.
No, we won't do that for any relevant amount of time. Thats 45 fucking non-armor soak dice needed to have a 50/50 Chance of soaking all.

Antidote works per unit of Exposition. That is, if he is still within the gas in round 2, he needs another dose of the Antidote.

No, he is not going to have that except if the GM is heavily bullshitting.

>derping about 4e stuff

are you baka?

Except that those nanobots can do that three times depending on their rating.

But that's a pointless argument since you clearly need michael bay levels of explosions for that job.

>3 times

So, 3 combat turns (less than 10 seconds) at most.
Thats not very much and not even factoring in just throwing two different types of nerve gas shittery into the room.

The GM is pulling some bullshit here or probably having no clue about the rules.

Also possible.
Honestly there are so many variables around.
Maybe skintight chemsealed suit and inbuild airtank ?
Maybe the GM is just a little dumb ?
Who knows.

I don't think it's that bad. It's just that after the game I talked to the GM a bit and said I considered spiking his drink (he hung out in the same bar a lot and always drank the same) with a roofie or ten and he said it wouldn't have worked.
If we don't come up with anything good on our own next week neurostun doesn't sound so bad. Three of those in the same room as his on a timer, have the drake guy nerve strike his reaction down to 0 so he can't move and run away to avoid being roasted to crisp. Sounds doable.
I just don't think he'll let us catch him off guard again.

New to Shadowrun. How does damage work? I'm looking at shock gloves and it has 10(s). Does that mean each hit on an attack does 10 stun damage and fills 10 stun boxes?

First of all, Shock gloves do 8S(e) damage and have -5AP.
Second: Every person has 8+(WIL/2) Stun boxes and 8+(BOD/2) Physical boxes.
When you make an attack you try to get more hits. If you manage to hit, you do (Weapon damage)+(net hits) damage, which the opponent further reduces with a BOD+Armor-AP test (AP reduces damage by the Absolute value)

In this case It'd go like this
>You make an Unarmed Combat+AGI vs REA+INT test
>you manage to get n net hits
>You now make (8+n)S damage which is treated as electrical damage
>The enemy now makes a BOD+(Armor-5) test, with the hits reducing the damage. Let's say he gets m hits
>he now marks (8+n-m) boxes in his Stun track
>If his stun track (8+WIL/2 Boxes) is full he goes unconscious

And how does weapon accuracy play into it? Does that add dice to your attack roll?

Accuracy replaces limits for how many hits you can get in a roll. If your weapon's accuracy is 5, and you roll 6 hits, only 5 of them count.

And what if it says physical under accuracy instead of a number?

then you just use your physical limit for that

Cool, thanks.

I'm playing as a health specced hem mage in a duo game and I'm partnered up with a Street sam with a polearm. Can I get some tips on how I can best support my partner? Right now my bread and butter is casting Increase agility sustained by focused concentration and Increase reflexes sustained by a level 1 foci boosted with reagents. My other support spells are improved invis and levitate and I ocassionally do what I can directly via trid phantasm, physical barrier and levitate.

Is there any way I can do a better job of helping my partner finish fights faster? The GM is suggesting that I grab a machine pistol or submachine gun and put points into automatics to suppress and burst the enemy. Is this a good idea? All I know is that combat spells are kind of lackluster when it comes to dealing direct damage at least when compared to how much damage my partner is dishing out when jacked on increase reflexes.

Is adrenaline pump worth the 110k? I have a character with an adrenaline pump, but now that I'm looking at it it doesn't seem to be very good. Why would I spend all that money on temporary buffs that will knock you out when I could buy damage compensators and other augmentations instead?

Adrenaline Pump Level 1 is the only Level maybe worth taking because it gives you chargen-available immunity to damage modifiers while the Crash is pretty manageable.
All higher Levels are suicidal.

>he doesn't want to risk 3d6 box of unresisted stun damage
Oh wait, of course, nobody can afford that. The fact that this shit hasn't been corrected in an errata is straight up retarded.

Err yeah I had an R2 pump which is why it cost so much. I'm swapping it out for other stuff now.

German rules let you roll to resist it with bod and wil.
Also narco arguably works with them so you would get a better attribute payout from it.

Even when you are allowed to roll to resist it, everything above Level 1 is pure insanity.
gut zu wissen, eventuell bau ich dann doch mal nen Char damit. Wenns nur nicht so obszön teuer wäre.

>ignored 15S while naked
Your GM is fucking with you.

Why would Narco work with it, its not a drug?

So, I am again succumbing to my desire to branch out in other directions and considering we have neither a matrix-supporter, nor a rigger, it seems sensible this time:

Drones Drones Drones.

I am playing a MBW3 StreetSam and want to try getting a Drone or two for support shenanigans (after being the Teams designated Driver, Money negotiatior, explosives and healing expert and one of the main shooting guys).
So far i have the Medusa Extensions on my Radar (thinking about Sat-Link and shitton of sensors for them), but maybe there are other Options?

Give me your best choices for support Drones with an as-low-as-possible pricetag that can just follow me or be deployed for Utility.

Relevant Attributes: LOG/INT/WIL all @5, AGI 8, REA 7.
I don't want to commit heavily, just dip a bit into it, so a low price tag is mandatory.
If you have ideas on loadout, even better.

How'd you get those attributes? I'm assuming you didn't dump Body.

Cyberware, Sum-to-10 with A in Attributes and Money and being a few points of Karma into the game.
Have a Charsheet

For all others:
Char is relevant for the questions asked here:
Looking for cheap Utility drones for a non-rigger.

Are there any ways to hide your astral signature as a sneaky spellcaster?

Doesn't Masking do that? And you can erase your astral signature from places you've been slinging I think.

also, how do magical girl campaign

Define drug,
Adrenaline is a organic chemical compund.
You can get addicted to it in RL as well as in the Game.
Boots your attributes.
It's just a better chemical gland.
But seriously, talk with your gm before assuming it would work.

They did cut rules for infected Characters for Sr5?
I want to eat people desu.

Ps: Only useexplosives when absolutely necessary dor the job or in a lawless area.

Don't want KE on my Ass.

Plan B: Run, or running a car/truck into things.

They are in Run Faster

>define Drug

Every Item that is listed in the "drugs" sections in the rules books or is built via the "custom Drug rules" from Chrome Flesh.

Thank you, I am stuppid.

dumb feelposter

So when did Infected pop up in the Sixth World?

Year of the comet i think.

When was that?

Dark Terrors also has some new power/qualities for Infected. Speaking of which, what is the best way to hide one's status as a Ghoul? Obviously assensing would give you away almost immediately. If you could find someone to perform cosmetic surgery how well could you fake being mundane? Would fresh skin grafts and bioware replacement eyes work or is
synthetic skin and cybereyes the only way to go?

Don't ghouls' bodies reject ware?

Shadowhelix says 2034, but I can't find a reference to this

FOUND IT
It’s been with us since the Awakening some sixty years ago,
although it wasn’t actually identified as a disease until 2034. Since
2011, HMHVV has Infected, worldwide, hundreds of thousands of
individuals from six sapient species
Running Wild (4e), page 57

Ghouls don't have the regeneration power, so they can actually get non-Delta stuff.

Obviously it still fucks your Magic, but at least you can restore your sight.

Hiding your Status as a ghould would require a fuckton of surgery. getting a cyberskull and never showing anybody the rest of the Option would probably work best.

Good luck finding a dock willing to operate on something whose bodily fluids can turn you into a monster quite fast.

>Good luck finding a dock willing to operate on something whose bodily fluids can turn you into a monster quite fast.
Tamanous?

Only if they take regeneration. Vampires have the chronic essence loss but Ghouls just take a hit to their max.

>Good luck finding a dock willing to operate on something whose bodily fluids can turn you into a monster quite fast.
>he can't install his own cybereyes with a pocket knife and a mirror
Yet you call yourself a shadowrunner.

HMHVV I (2034) turns people into vampires. HMHVV IA (2046) also makes vampires. HMHVV II (2039) makes wolfmen. HMHVV III (2051) is the most infectious and makes ghouls.

>greenposting

Being willing to deal with you doesn't automatically mean being more willing to do something that has a very high risk of infecting yourself.

They are probably your most likely bet but still pretty unlikely. Not an issue for Chargen, but could be a problem ingame.
Same goes for running with you. I'm not sure how i would react to that desu.
The GM merely mentioning "going against ghouls" made me put flamethrowers on my shoppinglist.

Are the only toxic mentors the actual toxic ones like Doom and Disease or can any mentor be corrupted and become toxic?

>that has a very high risk of infecting yourself.
why not let the surgery be done by infected?

Was thinking about this, probably something like a former street doc and now disgraced ghoul surgeon who provides his services touching up other infected.

Thanks, will look into it.

I would go for an Urban Explorer Suit with Helmet, tinted glass and chemical seal.

Only magic can help you pretend to be human without covering your face....maybe with elaborate masks and latex sculpting.
I believe so, heal to fast

If the accuracy of my weapon is higher than my physical limit, do I have to stop at the physical limit?

nope, it replaces that limit for the test

No, you can ignore the physical Limit for weapons, except for cyber-implanted ones and a few others that explicitely state it.

So that makes cyber implanted weapons really good, doesn't it? With good attributes and ware it's not hard to get a physical limit of 10 or so, which is higher than any weapon I can think of.

Well, they also make quite a bit less damage than the heavist melee weapons, but it can be a worthwhile trade, especially since you always have them with you.

I really like the Shock glove because its basically a Stun Baton with really high ACC if your physical Limit is high AND it uses unarmed which is also very useful to have and this way you don't need to branch out into other melee skills. Would probably get some Cyber-implant weapon but I only have 0,60 Essence left and i need this for a pain Editor.

That's the obvious answer, your doc is an infected themselves, or it could be someone who wants ghoul tissue for shady purposes prepared to trade the augments for your leftover bits and a bit of guinea pig duty.

Spurs are equivalent in damage to a katana, which is probably from a mechanical stand point the best melee weapon due the axe's woeful accuracy (barring that stupid mace thing from The Complete Trog).

Sorta, Katana has a higher AP and one additional Point of reach (which could be mitigated if you use a pair of spurs and the rules from Chromeflesh).

It prolly depends on what you are going for. If you have the essence left for it, go for cyber/bio weapons. If not, grab a Katana or Sword.

I like the idea of braining people with a club, carry around a KRIME gun and you are a walking Troll cliche.

>Dem dang osmium club wielding Troggs.

Would totally wield that mace with any Char with the appropriate STR.

>Street Samurai/Doc
I like it. A little bit of face for dealing with people as a doctor, skill spread for equal parts hurting and healing, an easy out to explain the choice of cyberware, bioware, or pharma drug connections. Maybe a Day Job running a clinic as the cherry on top, seems like a fun character concept.

I personally also like Harvestees a lot.
They turm pansy talkbag douches into something that deserves to be called "The Others".

Cannibalistic wild elves, fuck yeah.

Predatory cats are not fluffy.

If you cut the face stuff, it might actually be doable.
Believable street doc needs a lot of skills on a high level.

True, it has monstrous stats.

But it is hilarious to think about all this high tech gear not helping the corpsec goon from being beaten over the head with a blunt object.

>Thunk

Poetic.

Hell, fluff it as a kanabo and play an oni for maximum weeb cliche.

Some help here, guys?

That soundsncool, especially since Oni are meant to punush the wicked. Mythologically.

So leg-breaking while being super honorabu about ones place in society sounds fun.

Personally I would like to have an aspected magician (Summoner/Exorcist) Troll with it as wepon focus.
Or even a Mysad.

He exorcsises Spirits by beating the crap out,of them and stuffing them into his sack.

>Not Krampus.

Sorry, I am a Nub and know nothing about Drones.