The fantasy races are subspecies of humans, changed by magic and/or gods

>The fantasy races are subspecies of humans, changed by magic and/or gods.

How does that sound? Should I avoid races that are very different from humans? (Trolls, ogres, orcs and so on)?

If they're not gonna be different from humans, why have them?

Why are you doing this?

Just go full Wakfu.

Every race is a race influenced by the gods.

I have no idea why I added orcs. Please ignore.

They are different, some more and some less. Not sure how you get that idea.

Is it also available in English? Seems to be French.

Don't go with the typical elf dwarf gnome bullshit.

The idea that there are offshoots of humanity who changed themselves for religious reasons is cool enough

Tell me about those mummy looking dudes.

Xelors. Their God is God of Time and thus they can slow it or even stop it. Bad at math

>Masq not being on there

Time wizards. They wear bandages to stop themselves from turning to dust from all their time fuckery. Have a history of making world shatteringly terrible decisions

It’s an old picture. There’s actually five new races that aren’t on there.
Masq are just stylish Sadida anyway.

Xelors are cute

I'll just go left to right from the top left.

>Sacrier
Berserker Masochists. No blood to be shed without suffering of your own kind of deal. They're tough as all get out and serve as a frontline beatstick.

>Cra
>Proud Archers and woodsmen. Their bows are handcrafted by them and they take great pride in their upkeep. Higher levels have you using magic arrows that generate from pulling the non-existent "string".

>Pandawa
Drunk as fuck at all times. A brew they call Bamboo MIlk strengthens their already high strength and makes them just generally better. They're also martial artists because pandas.

>Osomodas
Beastmasters in every sense of the word. They have an innate connection to all wild animals and often find themselves the head of menagerie of beasts. Not untamed savages just they prefer the company of their animal friends over much else.

>Sadida
Plant people. They have a unique connection to the plants of the world and use it to great effect. They use little voodoo dolls (just called dolls) with varying effects. From small ones that explode to large ones that can take quite a few hits.

>Sram
Necromancers and assassins. These guys think there is nothing better in life than murder. They brew poisons, stab you in the back and generally fight the dirtiest fight they can.

>Ecaflip
Compulsive Gamblers. Everything they do is based on chance and they will almost never turn down a bet. However, being bless by the God of luck often has its advantages as they can win even the unfavorable of odds if they're favored enough.

>Eliatrope
Ignore these guys. They don't count. It's just to tie it in with their cartoon. (Which you should watch. It's quite good.)

>Iop
The dumbest warriors around. But also the strongest available. Masters of nearly all forms of melee combat, Iops pride themselves on their ability to kill everything. Not much for anything but fighting they are content to spend their lives as murderhobos.

>Enturof
Treasure hunters, tomb raiders, money grubbers. An Enturof's goal is to hoard as much gold as possible. This makes sense seeing as their god is represented by a large dragon. They are expert dungeon delvers as they have a knack for picking out traps, puzzles, etc.

>Xelor
Disciples of the God of Time they value order and reason above all else. They create grand clockwork contraptions and devices that cause all sorts of havoc. Due to them tampering with time so often many xelor make elaborate suits for themselves as much of their body has been turned to dust. They are most often always insane.

>Eniripsa
Healers, potion makers, and fairies. Eniripsa are, in most cases, the balm givers of the world. Able to concoct a cure for nearly everything they are prized for their innate ability as healers and medicine men. However, that doesn't mean they don't know how to fight. For to know how to fix someone, you have to know how it breaks as well.

There will never be a Wakfu tabletop based in the World of Twelve. Fucking kill me.

thanks for the rundown
do you know about the new races too?

N-new races?

see

I haven't played in a long time so there's a couple I'm not familiar on but here's what I got from memory.
>Masqueraiders
Unlike Sadida, they're not blessed by the god himself, but rather one of his creations. An insane many faced demigod born from the unholy union of Iop and one of Sadida's fuckdolls (no really, it's French remember?). They wear different masks capable of completely changing their personalities on a whim. They are by definition raving maniacs and near impossible to control.

>Rouges
Sram without the murderboner. They worship "Eugor", an aspect of Sram that favors trickery and deceit rather than outright malice.

>Foggernaut
In this world the standard magic is a force called "Wakfu". Foggernauts are edgy atheists that reject the gods and the wakfu, and instead utilize a kind of man made entropy magic called stasis. They began as tech steampunk fishermen and over time replaced every part of them with mechanical parts until there's nothing human left.

>Eliotrope
What he talked about above was actually a Feca. An understandable mistake because no one has ever given a shit about Feca. They are metaphorical shepherds that specialize in magic to defend their allies and protect the weak with magical shields.

Eliotropes, however, are a weird bastardization of what happens when an individual achieves godhood. Since the races are humans altered by the gods, when one person- a kid from a race of immortal two souled half dragons called Eliatropes- ascended at some point because of anime superpowers, a bunch of humans transformed into spliced half souled abominations that just top existing when they die. It's a lot to talk about, just watch the show.

>Ouginak
Ouginak are dog people that, similar to masqueraiders, are blessed not by a god but by one's bastard offspring. A monster child of Iop known for possessing an ancient hero and murdering his family. That's all I know about them

>Huppermage
A new race from another demigod.

What about subraces defined by the elements? Maybe water people are mermaids or fishmen, live underwater etc. Earth people live underground, maybe have a rock like appearance, can see in the dark or maybe even poor vision but can sense vibrations like moles. Nature people could be like dryads or small treants, made out of plants, need sunlight etc.

Shadowrun pretty much does this, add in changed animals as well as beasties.

>Is it also available in English? Seems to be French.
It is but seriously be like ouibeaux and watch it in french with subtitles, the english voice actors suck.

Been done. Look up Shadowrun.

It's a french cartoon based on a french MMO. There are both subs and dubs available online, including Netflix.

>tfw when no Huppermage gf

Do it, but get rid of humans.

Make up some other radically different species and then use subraces of those as representatives for your trolls, orcs and ogres. Like they're all crocodilians or something.

>If they're not gonna be different from white people, why have them?

I always though blatantly elemental races were gimmicky

I always lump humans and dwarves in with the goblin races

In that case, mutants can function in the orc/goblin role fine, but you might want to introduce trolls and have the fact that they were descended from humans be the shocker as they'd be rather weird and detached from all the other human subspecies.

>Pandawa
Someone played WCIII.

Any fantastical race is a stone's throw from being human if you spin it. You just gotta be clear on how far you want to stretch disbelief and/or magic. Sounds like you wanna stay on the short end, though.

> dragonborn being in the family line of a killer of dragons, who pushed his luck and either got cursed by a dragon or mutated by their body/blood and got draconic traits, now anyone in his genetic line will get them, fire breath optional

Trolls and ogres are kind easy
> bunch of inbred folks who grow really tall and are also really dumb and strong, mutated healing rate or boney growths/strong, leathery skin optional

My setting's orcs, elves, goblins, drow, dwarves, etc, etc, are all subspecies of humanoid, mostly by changes through magic or just genetic differences like being regular humans or neanderthals, the latter of which my orcs are more closely related to. They also imbibe the blood of a dead god so they turn green and get horns, but that's unrelated.

have I got just the book for you...

Trying to make one based on d6, hard time determining what Attributes each class template should have.

Orcs and ogres in my setting are like that, so no problem to me. As always, depends on the setting.

But user, huppermages are gross drunks.

So am I.

NOT AGAIN

Sounds like Shannara, you might like reading that.

YES AGAIN!!!!!

ALSO REMEMBER KIDS, REMOVE QU!!!!!!!

stop shilling your stupid fucking book

I didn't write it, I'm just a fan of it, so it's not really shilling