What would be the optimal form for an indestructible blade?

What would be the optimal form for an indestructible blade?
Broadsword? longsword? katana? dao?

I’m assuming it doesn’t dull also, probably the average longsword, since you can use it in just about any situation. However, any weapon that doesn’t break is a good weapon

Bastard Sword

2 meters long smallsword blade.

super dense metal strip as thin as foil with a fuckhueg crossguard, 6 feet long, razor sharp.

OP said indestructible, not unbendable.

Anything that can cut and thrust well, and isn't too long, so that you can attach it to a long shaft and have a spear if you want.

So, glaive/naginata?

thats why its super dense and shit dont wreck my dream

A type xviiib longsword with pointed quillons.
Off the top of my head I can see 5 distinct ways of using this weapon.

Halbred

Optimal form for an indestructible blade? Some sort of tool, maybe a scalpel, for infinite utility.

>Off the top of my head I can see 5 distinct ways of using this weapon.
One handed
Two handed
Half-sword
Hold the blade and use the pommel like a mace
?

Washing pole

Throw that shit

A piramid cone sword

Polearms>swords

>indestructible blade
Relatavistic Kinetic Kill projectile.

Long, thin (but not to thin, you still want some weight) with a sharp point.

But honestly, the best answer to your question would be "Don't, make a shield instead"

The legend itself

Your fighting spirit.

Assuming "indestructible" means never needs sharpened and can't be bent, a razor-sharp 1mm thick/1 inch wide Estoc with a razor-sharp blade.
>Super light
>Absolutely lethal pointy bit for piercing armor
>Razor sharp edge that you can swing full force without worrying about dulling or breaking on flesh

The only other gimmick I can think of would be to design a sword specifically for cleaving through other swords and armor/shields since it'd be as sharp as fresh off the whetstone indefinitely, but I don't know enough about the particulars of sword design to tell which would be best for that.

A super thin but weighted at the top Dadao? Add some of those sword breaker spikes on there too for extra edginess since you don't have to worry about them breaking.

>make indestructible lumber mill sawblade
>use funds from constant lumber production to purchase weapons for a merc band

Smugly avoiding the topic aside something as simple as a gladius or machete seems like it'd be ideal as ypu could also use it as a utility knife.