A single Chaos Space Marine is stronger than a normal Space Marine right?

A single Chaos Space Marine is stronger than a normal Space Marine right?

should be, due to inhuman gifts of chaos. if gifts of chaos didn't make him stronger, he really made a poor choice selling his soul...

Not necessarily. Whatever chaos deity he joined might want to wait with their gifts until he proves himself or wanted to have a laugh and their gift was a turning his toes into tentacles.

>millennia of experience in many cases
>all the augmentations of their loyalist counterparts
>the blessings of dark gods
vs
>the protagonists

Nah, loyalists > chaos every time.

Sadly, this.

Generally speaking yeah. But you have to take into account

> Millenia of boredom, taint, mindless bloodshed, drug use, time-skipping, sick leaves, backstabbing, nerve tickling...
> the "blessings" of dark gods
vs
> centuries of actual military practice
> will for self-sacrifice in the name of the Emperor while still retaining self-preservation instinct

>Millenia

time is different in the warp, for different groups.

Could be just 3 seconds for some

>1d6 is bigger than 3, right?

what's heavier: a kilogram of space marines, or a kilogram of chaos space marines?

This. Best way of putting it.

>spend untold amount of time in the warp snorting warpdust and getting fat
>"gifts" of chaos "gods" that often just result in losing an arm and having it replaced by a worthless tentacle

Meanwhile
>constant rigorous training and combat
>top of the line gear kept in shape by techmarines
>blessings of emperor

Chaosfags are the worst

Hey hey HEY! Watch it. I don't rotate until April, there's still time for me to be meta.

Nice.

>Living in an environment so hostile that it can't physically exist, where survival has to be fought for every day against supernatural beings and those you call "brothers"
vs
>Lazing around in a cushy monestary doing fuck all but practice fighting, instead of actually constantly risking their lives all while claiming to be the greatest of them all. Plus getting squatted by numarines.

I can do it too loyalistfags.

They are on equal ground because CSM have shittier tech but also warpfuckery

Perfect

Many factors here. For starers consider the inherent gifts. The Space Marine implants were made to create a dude who could be dropped nekkid onto a hostile allien world and have a decent chance at surviving. Chaos however, corupts the flesh, and the implants of Space Marines are flesh. Bio engineered, but flesh all the same. Lot of those implants get wonky without maintenince. Where exactly is a Chaos Space Marine going to find someone to maintain his implants? yeah.

Now, the gifts of the Chaos Gods can certainly make up for the damage to the implants, and the ones that make him just fuckhuege with ultra dense bones have kinda already done their job. So what if his auto tan isn't working right? Then again, the Gifts of the chaos gods might just be an extra eyeball on your left buttcheeck so you can watch the bloodthirster sodomize you... so there's that.

Gear.
As much as the Imperium of Man has stagnated technologically (VII versions of power armour made during the course of the Great Crusade/Hersey, ONE in the 10 THOUSAND YEARS since. They added a raised collar to protect the neck better. That's it.) Chaos dosen't exactly have a better system of inovation and production. As a result, most Chaos Marines are actually in older, inferior suits of armor. Yes, inferior Brother VaugelyAngelicName I don't care how illustrious that suit of Mark III's history is, it's still old and busted compared to that Aquilla suit over there.

If a Chaos Marine wants some newer toys they kind of have to go the demon forges. While an Astartes may curse the Machine Spirit of his plasma cannon for being a thirsty bitch when he runs out of ammo, that scion of Tzeenitch is stuck with a power sword that is literally a thirsty bitch. And she dosen't like him. So unless he spends three hours every day arguing with his fucking sword the power field wont turn on.

Depends on how lucky they got with chaos gifts.
Ones that survived getting them both mentally and physically are stronger on the average. But how many do?

XP.
Yes many Chaos Marines have been alive since the Heresy, 10 mellinia ago. But they live in Chaos, where time is just another social construct. For some of them, Istavan VI could have been last freaking week. Furhtermore, while the Legions were huge, they were not infinite. The Chaos Legions do recruit form fallen Loyalists. So if you just grab random Chaos Marine and Compare his battle experience to random Loyalist Marine, the odds are they have about the same.

In short, no. Comparing the Average Chaos Marine to the Average Adeptus Astates is likely to result in both of them being about equal.

Or the deity just provided a pleasurable taint like Cyrion from the NLO

Corpse worshippers BTFO forever.

All chaos marines are crazy due to being in literal hell for millennias and on top of that they are all certified dumbasses for going the out of their own will.

They also experience fear.
They know what waits for them.

Loyalists don't

Statistically, yes it is.

No, Chaos weakens marines, it doesn't strengthen them.

Strength 4 vs Strength 4 on normal chaos space marines vs Loyalist Marines but Corn Berserkers have Strength 5

If ADB is writing the CSM could, and probably has many times, defeated whole squads by themselves after giving a supervillain monologue.
Or maybe I'm thinking John French?

Yeah,we all know the warp is hell,but here's the problem.
>CSM live and train a place where laws of physics don't apply
>Loyalist live and train where these laws do apply

All the warp training of the CSM is almost useless,because when CSMxSM fights happen it's in realspace.Unless you count Draigo,and that guy never lost.

>Bigger than 3
>50% 1-3, 50% bigger than 3
Quick maff, very proud of you.

>Sometimes 10 millennia of experience
>Infused by crazy shit
>Weird dark mechanicus shit
vs
>Newest and coolest toys
>Plot armor

Gotta agree with

>We purposely gave him shitty gifts. As a joke.

Just do minimum result + maximum result /2.
6 + 1 / 2 = 3.5
3.5 is bigger than 3.

Pretty sure some sperg will whine about the lack of parenthese.

While many are far older, it’s safe to say they most CSM aren’t as well supplied and all the time in the Warp did a few things to their sanity and discipline. Probably stronger at the cost of many other things.

All that number means is that it's better to take 1d6 over 3. Because 2/6 times, it's worse. 1/6 it's the same. And 3/6 it's better. Doesn't change the fact that they're still only stronger 50% of the time which is what the op says. It also doesn't change the fact that something always being a specific value is a strength in and of itself. You're just being pedantic for the sake of being right from some other angle.

A possessed marine or chaos champion stomps shit. Normal chaos space marines are normal marines but with possible mutations, insanity/more experience, and higher chance of shit gear. The good thing is csm are not bound by codex constraints, and have large pools of cultist aspirants to choose from when geneseed is abundant.

It's... variable.

Your standard loyalist battle bro is going to have a couple decades of dombat experience, sufficient ammunition and supplies, well maintained gear, and discipline.

Your standard chaos legionnaire is an oxymoron - maybe 2 legions bother to maintain discipline and combat readiness beyond battlefield hoarding and basic unit cohesion. That said, any given CSM could have useful mutations, actual thousands of years of combat experience, archaeotech infused with demon shenanigans, or other good stuff. There's more viariation, which means some CSM could be extremely powerful, while others barely functional compared to Space Marines.

Given that the warp fucks with physical constants, it depends at the time.

I'm not.

What and you said is absolutely correct.
I just gave a faster -though less detailed- way to come to the same conclusion.

I still like you user. It's ok if you think I'm less nice that what I actually am.

The average value of a 1d6 is 21/6 = 3.5, so it would make sense that 1d6 > 3.

Also, 1d6 has a 1/3 chance to be less than 3, 1/6 chance to equal 3, 1/2 chance to be greater than 3. Since there is a higher chance of being greater than 3, it would statistically justify the statement that 1d6 is greater than 3.

Don't post this fucking trash on my board reee

How did you type OP with boxing gloves on?

I don't think you aren't nice, I think you're slightly rude.
There is not a higher chance of it being greater than, there is an equal chance of it being greater than to all other possibility. It's statistically justified to say 1d6 is better than 3, since it's most often as good as or higher. Saying it's higher than isn't a very good statement to make, I don't think. Imagine a scenario where every soldier that is 2 or worse dies, and 3 or more lives. Would you take 100d6 or 100 3's? In that scenario, since being higher than 3 makes no difference, taking the 1 in 6's is strictly worse.

which was?

By the dame logic it could be much more taxing to train in the warp, which means theyre better trained than loyalists. My point was that you can spin a scene in favour of whatever side you want.

that's an impossible to answer question.
Each are so highly variable depending on who is writing it that their powers range from comedically poor to godlike.

I think it something along the lines of tasting fear, or gaining sexy thrills from it. I can't exactly remember, but maybe that user remembers better. IMO that's not much of a blessing though, because if memory serves right, it lead to his eventual death.

That's why I included
> time-skipping

The image of a marine in a shouting match with his sword made me smile. Thank you user

>"You never take me out anywhere!"
>"I take you out every battle!"
>"I mean you never take me out anywhere nice!"
>"BATTLE IS NICE!"

> 'Well then who do you want to kill?'
> "I don't know, who do you want to kill?"
> 'I don't know thats why I asked you!'
> "This obviously isn't working, I'd return you to the Hell Forge if you weren't a part of my arm."