Any Ausfags here who have bought a house? Trying to get my head around mortgages

Any Ausfags here who have bought a house? Trying to get my head around mortgages

Go to bank. Get mortgage. What's hard?

Why? Canadian here, I was talking to a AUS fag awhile ago and he said your housing market is as fucked as ours.

Trying to work out the best deal in terms of fees, features, repayments, etc.

Your not answering the question user. It's not too late to cancel the deal, you can use on of the subjects. Just say financing fell through the or inspection failed. I hope your not being pressured by a woman.

This. But if you have to, and you're that clueless, go through a broker, a good one who offers you a number of different options, not just two or three. Ask them what their kickback is to suss out who's pocket they're in.

i mean, can you do maths?

I live in housing commission house. But I am betting there will be a housing market crash sometime this year as we are overdue for one apparently, so keep saving and hold off a little while longer if you can.

I bought a house in NSW last year, what do you want to know? Don't bet on a crash, people have been waiting on a crash for 15 years and it hasn't happened yet. I almost didn't buy because of that sort of talk, but I'm glad I did. My suburb spiked 10% in prices since having bought. Prices might slow down or drop a bit but a huge crash is unlikely.

When getting a loan, look at comparison rate more so than interest. It takes fees into account. And other than that, just decide on what features you need. Personally, an offset account was a must for me but that's about it. Redraw is also good, more or less the same thing. Interest rates look to be rising so a fixed rate might be a good idea if you can land a good deal.

That’s some Normie bullshit.
We take a massive amount of immigrants every year in fact our infrastructure won’t be able to deal with it in the next 5 to 10 years, same goes for housing. There is a constant demand because we are pumping more and more people into the cities, the economy is doing good everywhere and will continue to do so for the next 4-5 years at least. After the massive in the rea state market the government has a lot of money to spend on infrastructure which will most likely go on to make up for the slowdown in the market, you will see prices stop in some suburbs and even drop in undesirable ones but suburbs near water and what is considered desirable and prestige suburbs will continue to go up.

goddamn liberals dont like to spend money on anything though

"Its so expensive to buy a house"

"Then why dont you live somehere cheap like bendigo?"

"Oh no i could never live there hahaha"

This fucking shit right here.

The expectations people have for their first home pisses me off. Fuck off outa the CBD.

Ausfag here, we may have things very good in every area compared to other first world countries, but house buying is not one. I blame the boomers.

Just save enough for a house deposit and mortgage it, then just rent it out. make some other cunt pay for your mortgage.

Its harder to find work in Bendigo or places like Gippsland. While I do agree people should try harder, the millions of younger generation cant just go from the cities to buy houses in rural locations and still find work.

>housing is cheap if you live in a crime ridden inbred backwater and commute 6hours
What's funny is no one is lynching the gubmint for not building any high density housing and tearing old blocks down

plus, if they move further out from the CBD, they have to pay either public transport or sit in traffic for hours. No, staying outer/inner suburbs is best but it's to expensive for the younger generation to achieve, pushing more to rely on Centrelink payments, causing more dole bludgers that have no work experience due to not being able to afford University (even with HECs) and not being able to find a stable and rewarding job nearby

Don't buy now retard. The property market is overheated. Keep renting until you see some fear

Man is an investment property smart? I'm such a retard on this , but have about 60K for a deposit after which will be about 20% deposit where I want to buy.

>we may have things very good in every area compared to other first world countries, but house buying is not one.
...and internet
...and weapons laws
...and tax laws
...and vehicle laws
...and import tariffs
...and a competent government
...and a non-corrupt government that doesn't deliberately create monopolies
...and a patriotic government that doesn't continue selling our assets to the Chinese
...and sustainable and localized use of our natural resources

I could go on and on.

I bet you this year sees more and more regulation of crypto trading and how we buy and sell it. I guarantee you. We are cucking ourselves into oblivion just like europe.

>doing good

doing well, you are clearly an idiot.

>corrupt

Australia is one of the least corrupt countries in the world

Ahhh haa haa haa haa ha holy fucking shit thats a good one. What hole are you living in m8?

You must be like the yanks. With your head in the media's clouds. Fuck me down. I didn't think I'd run into one of you on here of all places. Im not even gonna bother providing examples. I was happier when I thought like you when I was a kid so just keep living in your fantasy world and you'll be all the better.

yeah Australia is only 13/176 countries in corruption, its just awful

Where will you live then? You should buy and live in it while you repay, rent out the spare room to help repayments, and then when you can, buy your next house and put renters in the old one to cover rent (this becomes ur investment property).

Shut the fuck up you tripfag you're the 18 year old who just finished babbies first politics semester and thinks he knows what the fuck is going on in this cuntry (hint: you don't).
You need to go back.

Why do we need weapons? plenty of farmers and other such fields have weapons for thier property which is understandable, we do not need weapons, weve been great without them since Port Arthur.
Tax laws, meh, look at the swedes.
Internet is slowly improving to 10+ MBp/s.
How many R33s skylines are over in america? their vehicle laws are worse.
Import tariffs, fair.
Government? Liberals go in, we go in debt, Labour replaces, we get out of debt and then Liberals come back in.
Corrupt Government? ahahahahhahaahahahah.
Okay selling land to china and shit is a problem.
Gold and Uranium are our biggest resources, we've mined plenty of gold but our government currently doesnt have use for the Uranium, oh and we have bauxite that we dont mine anymore.

there you go buddy